• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 4,778 Views, 92 Comments

A Glimmer of the Past - milesprower06



Twilight walks in on Starlight at the worst possible time, and one of the most awkward situations she's ever had with her student ensues.

  • ...
 92
 4,778

Starlight's Ruminations

By the time the noon sun had passed over the castle, Starlight had found herself in a fresh diaper, with her mane back up in pigtails, and was now laying in her bed, trying to relax and sort through the events of last night, as well as the conversation with Twilight barely two hours ago.

'So, Sunburst knows now... Great.' Starlight thought to herself, unsure of what to make of that. Granted, she believed Twilight when Luna said she was ready to make it so Sunburst wouldn't recall the dream, but he seemed okay with it. She wasn't expecting that with the way he had reacted to her age spell last weekend. But it probably only went one way; he wasn't interested in being a foal, but he had no issues if she wanted to.

She knew why she clung to her early childhood with Sunburst; they were the only good memories she had growing up. But as to everything before that... That was harder to pinpoint. The farther back she went, the foggier everything became. All she could remember was her parents were so busy that they were hardly ever around; she wasn't even sure who took care of her more, her own mother and father, or Sunburst's parents, who frequently babysat her in those years.

As Starlight shifted her head on her pillow, she felt a pressure on her bladder, as this morning's orange juice had completed it's route through her body. She took a breath, and relaxed it, and felt the stream of urine hit the absorbent padding wrapped around and between her legs. As it absorbed, the warmth against her crotch spread and the diaper swelled. As the last drops fell into the diaper, Starlight sunk deeper into the pillow and let out a sigh of relief, popping the pacifier around her neck into her mouth. She wasn't sure what it was, but when she did this, life seemed less complicated. She felt an immense sense of relief when Twilight said she didn't have any objections to it. The only piece she was missing was...

...Was other ponies to watch her, play with her, check her, change her, and feed her.

She could lay here in her now-wet diaper, dancing around this all day, but at the end of it, the question ultimately was, even if they were willing to do it, could she bring herself to actually ask Twilight and Sunburst to play her parents?

Her train of thought was brought to a halt with a knock at her door.

"Starlight?" The voice of Twilight asked from the other side.

Starlight made a mental check not to leap up out of her bed this time.

"Yeah, it's unlocked, come on in." She said, trying to mentally prepare herself for Twilight seeing her like this.

The door glowed with the orchid aura of Twilight's magic moments before it opened to reveal the Princess of Friendship.

"Oh! Starlight, you should've told me you were..."

"It's alright, Twilight. I've been thinking it over for the past two hours, and I don't want to shut myself in here every time I feel like foaling out." Starlight told her, cheeks lightly blushing.

"Ah, so you've decided that you'd like us to be your caretakers?" Twilight asked, trying her absolute hardest to ignore the yellow tint in the middle of Starlight's diaper.

"I didn't say that." Starlight said, then immediately regretted putting it that way, almost sounding like she was snapping at Twilight. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just... I don't know. I've been going over and over it in my head, and I can't..." The unicorn continued to fumble with her words as she hopped off the bed.

Twilight's horn lit up, and a small grayish doll popped in with a flash next to her head.

"This is Smarty Pants. She was my favorite toy growing up, so I know what it's like to hang on to a younger part of yourself."

"Twilight... There's keeping foalhood toys and dolls, and then there's this. I mean, asking my mentor and oldest friend to... To... Baby me... It's not the easiest thing to bring to your lips, you know?"

Twilight nodded in understanding.

"Well, if you're having so much trouble asking, then don't worry about it. I will. Starlight, would you like to be babysat this weekend?"

"Yes."

Starlight's eyes widened, stunned at her almost instantaneous answer.

"Wow, that came out of my mouth a lot faster than I thought it would." Starlight said. Twilight simply smiled at her.

"There, now that that's out of the way. I'll let you write to Sunburst, and figure out what you'd like to do. You have a few days to think about it. In the meantime, would you like anything for lunch?"

"Yeah, that sounds great." Starlight replied, her light breakfast in Our Town having worn off a bit ago.

"Anything in mind?" The Princess asked.

"Whatever you have in mind will be fine," Starlight replied, starting to sort through some scrolls. She didn't notice Twilight leave as she picked out one of her most recently used ones.

"This is going to need some tweaking..." She began, also getting out a blank roll of parchment, and sat down with an inkwell and quill.

Dear Sunburst,

So I heard about what you and Twilight saw with Princess Luna last night. I know you didn't have any interest in being a foal with that spell last weekend, and you don't know what it means to me that you not only accept this side of me, but that you and Twilight also want to try and become involved in it too.

Twilight and I have decided on this weekend, and while I'm still figuring things out, I just wanted to make sure you would be available.

Again, thank you so much, and hope to see you in a few days.

-Starlight

As soon as Starlight fired off a spell to send the scroll on it's way to the Crystal Empire, she sensed an incoming transportation spell, and with a flash, a platter appeared on her side desk.

On it, was a cluster of baby carrots, a bowl of applesauce, and a foal bottle of milk.

There was so much blood flowing to Starlight's face she was beginning to be concerned for the circulation in her hooves. Twilight was embracing this side of her like, ten times more than she thought she would be.


Twilight was up bright and early on Saturday morning. She had spent all of her spare time over the past two days reading up on the basics of foal care, and she believed she was ready for whatever Starlight had in mind. She assumed it would be basically the same, just with the foal sized up.

She finished breakfast and made her way out to the foyer, and she heard a knock on the main door, before Sunburst came in. He had saddlebags on underneath his mage's cloak.

"Morning, Sunburst. Glad you could make it. What do you have there?" She asked, motioning to the saddlebags, which looked quite full.

"Oh, well, I didn't know what she had, and... I learned real fast to have backups of all of Flurry's toys..." He said, opening the left flap, taking out a rattle, bottle, some alphabet blocks, a stuffed bear, among other things.

"Same. I noticed just diapers and foal powder in her room. I've been reading up on foal nutrition and psychology. I just have to imagine it's Flurry, except bigger, right?"

"That's probably the easiest way to approach this for both of us. Should we... Go up and see if she's ready?"

Twilight nodded. Together, the two of them went up the stairs and to the right. Three doors down was Starlight's room, but before they could knock, they heard a magical fizzle and pop, along with light flashing through the door frame, followed by nothing. After a moment, she knocked on the door.

"Starlight?" She asked. Instead of getting any answer back, all she heard was muffled babbling. Raising an eyebrow, she opened the unlocked door, and both of them peered inside, and their eyes widened at what they saw.

There in the middle of the room, on her beanbag chair, sat a foal version of Starlight, next to a trio of scrolls, one unfurled, and a few diaper changing supplies. She saw them, and stared at them cautiously as she began to suck on her hoof.

"Well," Sunburst began. "Looks like this is going to be more authentic than either of us thought."

Author's Note:

Hope you're all enjoying this story so far. Believe it or not, I've been winging it.

So, if any of you have ideas for what Twilight and Sunburst can do with their new foal, believe me, I am all ears.