• Published 17th Oct 2017
  • 870 Views, 14 Comments

Animal - Timelordderpy



This story was inspired by the monster from the 2014 Thriller/Horror movie Animal

  • ...
8
 14
 870

We're Lost!

“THAT’S IT! WE’RE LOST! Ember snapped, snatching the map from Pharynx’s hand.

“Hey!”

“Put a sock in it Pharynx! You have no idea what you’re doing! And we’re lost enough as it is!”

“You think you can do better! You don’t scare me little dragon princess!”

Spike and Trixie quickly ducked behind Starlight, Discord shrunk himself and hid in her hair and Thorax changed into a cat jumping into her arms shaking like a leaf. Starlight herself had a magical barrier around everyone, except for Sunburst who was the only one not intimidated, he was more afraid of Trixie than Ember.

“THAT’S DRAGON LORD EMBER TO YOU!!! BUG!!!”

“BUG!!! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A BUG!!! LIZARD QUEEN!!!”

In a flash in the others were gone.

Sunburst breath a sigh of annoyance and levitated the map from Ember’s claw. While the two of them continued exchanging insults to each other he looked over the map. Mumbling to himself the way they had come from and following the direction to the campsite. Groaning the himself realizing that they were way off course. Searching through the map trying to find an alternate route he managed to find one going through the center of the forest. He was a bit concerned about this it was their first time in this forest and they had no idea what animals come be out here. It would be especially dangerous to into one at night. It was pitch black now Luna’s moon high in the sky.

Hum…

Sunburst used his magic to keep the map floating in front of his while also retrieving a book from his bag. He began flipping through pages until he final landed on the spell he needed. It was a simple spell meant for protection against dangerous animals. You simple cast the spell on any unexpected creature and it keeps them at bay for 15 minutes. Long enough for someone to get away safely. He closed the book and slipped it back in his bag, jumping when he heard Ember scream..

“HOW WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO TURN YOU INTO CHANGELING FLAMBE!!!”

“I’D LOVE TO SEE YOU TRY MISSIE!!!”

“THAT’S IT!!!”

Finally having had enough Sunburst lifted both Pharynx and Ember into the air trapping them each in a bubble of pure magic.

“Ok I’m done with this. The two need to stop this senseless fighting so that we can all get out of here and to the in once piece. Because right now now thanks to someone we’re completely off course. I’ve found an alternate route to the campsite but we’re not going to get there if you two continue to fight like this. So what’s it going to be? You either continue to fight and we stay here with who knows what kind of dangerous creatures are around. Or..you can pull yourselves together and help us get out of here. Which will it be?..”

“Fine.”
“Fine.”

“Good!”

Sunburst released them from the bubble still floating the air they fell to ground. And at that moment Starlight and the others popped back into sight still hiding behind Starlight.

“So...has everything calmed down? Please say yes.”

“Yes Starlight everything’s fine now.” Ember gave Thorax look

“Though if you get off of Starlight we’ll be having bigger problems.”

Thorax gulped and quickly jumped out Starlight’s changing back to his normal form and landing beside Ember grinning nervously. Trixie came out from behind her friend and went to smack Pharynx. He was about to say something but stopped when she gave him a warning glare. But Discord and Spike remained hidden behind Starlight. Sunburst cleared his throat.

“Ok everyone we need to get moving. It’s already dark so we need to get to the campsite now.”