• Published 19th Oct 2017
  • 666 Views, 41 Comments

Changeling's new groove - Blackdust



He was born a human. But now? He's more than that...

  • ...
5
 41
 666

2

Author's Note:

Second chapter. LEAVE A COMMENT PLEASE! At the very least tell me I have no originality...

"I can't open the door!" Blissful Manner called out, hoping that the Royal Guard weren't coming to lock it in a dungeon and interrogate it, or worse, kill it out right.

"Pull, don't push! If you push, you'll break the door down!" Jackie called back, still doing whatever it was he was doing.

The instant Blissful Manner pulled on the door knob, the door almost hit her in the face with how quickly it moved. With that scare out of the way, the changeling in disguise stepped out and followed the sound of sizzling and banging to what appeared to be a kitchen. With the weak and gutless minotaur standing, in different clothing from what he had on last night when he found the drone, in front of what appeared to be what ponies called an oven. But there was no wood around to fuel it, except for what was underhoof.

"Um... How are you cooking if you're not using wood?" Blissful Manner asked in as innocent a voice as it could muster.

"Simple. Electricity. What, do the ponies not have electricity? Do they cook and bake using wood?" The minotaur countered.

"Not as far as I know, no. They- I mean... WE use magic to fuel the trains and ovens..." The drone replied, catching itself a second too late.

"While inside my house, do not disguise. There are no guards to take you away, or hurt you," he, at least the drone had assumed the minotaur was a he, turned around with some kind of wooden spoon in... hand? Or would it be hoof? "And besides, I figured that based on how I spoke last night, you would use a disguise to try and avoid them. Ah shiiiioooot! I never introduced myself! Names Jackie. Jackie Brightfellow. You?"

The drone, having been caught completely off guard by this turn of events, dropped the disguise from lack of love energy. Yeah. Lack of love energy. Not surprise.

"Um... How did you see the invasion if you're not near enough to Canterlot for there to be Royal Guard, or any guard really, to be around?" The drone asked in complete surprise.

Jackie stopped moving and his face took a look of anger. Then he set the spoon down on the oven and then squat down and held his arms out to the changeling like he did last night. When the changeling was cautious to the point of stepping back, Jackie sighed and stood back up while putting his arms down.

"You know, I did ask what your name was. It's rude to ignore folks 'round these parts. I might just choose not to give you any more of my love," he said, looking rather upset.

The changeling immediately started panicking. If it couldn't get enough love, it would die. But surely there were others that would love it as well, right? It was about this time that Jackie started to smile and then just started laughing for some weird reason. The changeling, for its part, felt love and joy coming from the weird minotaur.

"Bwahahaha! Your reaction to that is just way too cute! You know what? Imma call you Joy! Nonono, Euphoria! That should fit wonderfully, right?"

The changeling merely ignored the minotaur's comment about a name and proceeded to feed off of the love energy that he was putting out. Or rather, it was, until something shifted inside of it that made it look down at itself. Jackie had calmed down by the time the changeling, he was going to call it Euphoria no matter what gender it actually was because it had chosen a female disguise without a second thought, and noticed that it was looking down with what he could only assume was a slightly confused look.

"Hey, you ok there Euphoria?" Jackie asked with genuine concern, "You look a little confused, is it the reason behind the name?"

"Hmm? Oh, no. It's just... I felt something inside me move while you had named me and were giving me love. I don't know what it was," Euphoria replied, distracted from the hairless minotaur.

"Well, if you work like other insects around here, my guess would be that what you felt was, in fact, an egg. But I don't really know a whole lot about your race since I only know you tried to invade Canterlot, and feed off of love," Jackie said, sounding like he was fixing to laugh again.

This knowledge unsettled Euphoria, as only a Queen was supposed to have either a name, or eggs. So that meant that Euphoria had to get back to the hive even quicker now. Especially if what Jackie said was true. Wasting little time, Euphoria immediately tried to bolt for the window, only to have Jackie grab her out of the air and hug her to his chest.

"And where are you going without a good stock of what's outside? I was able to pass off your snoring as a drunkard I found sleeping in my wheat field last night, and I highly doubt that you know how to shapeshift into a human properly," Jackie said while carrying her back through the building.

When Jackie finally set her down, there was a very big furry animal with sharp teeth and claws in front of her. She was scared of the beast, as it was bigger then her, and almost bigger than Queen Chrysalis. It didn't help that the beast kept wagging it's tail and giving her looks of hunger.

"This is my dog, Bessy. I want you to shapeshift into her, so I can take you into town and show you what you're dealing with around here," Jackie said, acting like it was no big deal.

"But... that thing-"

"Bessy."

"Right, Bessy, is bigger than me... I've never transformed into anything bigger than me before, and I'm not sure I can imitate it-"

"Bessy is a bi- a mare. And she don't talk much. Just act cute, and get love while around me in town, and everything will go smoothly!" Jackie said, quickly countering every other argument that Euphoria could come up with.