• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 349 Views, 1 Comments

Dangerous Reflections - FandomPlays1234



The Mirror, an innocent inanimate object with a sinister curse, will turn the fate of Equestria into darkness

  • ...
 1
 349

Prologue: The New Mirror

Twilight Sparkle walked down the rows of tables examining each and every one of the items. Today was the annual yard sale held in ponyville's plaza and Twilight was hoping to find something worth buying. Looking around she noticed that this side of the yard sale had nothing but old hats and fake plants.

"Hey Twilight there are some cool antiques over here!" Fluttershy called over. Antiques? Hmm maybe she would find a new clock or something to hang up in her castle. She walked over to where Fluttershy was and looked over to see a bunch of old clocks and chairs. "Well do you see anything you like?" asked Fluttershy.

"Not really," answered Twilight. That's when something shiny caught her eye. She looked over to find a small Mirror with a golden frame lying on a wooden chair. She walked over and picked it up holding it up.

"A Mirror?" asked Fluttershy walking over.

"Isn't it beautiful especially with the golden frame," said Twilight.

"Yeah but why is it covered with black tape?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't know but I'm taking this," said Twilight walking over to the cashier with the Mirror. She slid the mirror in front of the cashier and began digging through her bag for bits. The cashier took one look at the mirror and froze.

"Ma'am," said the cashier.

"Hold on I'm getting my bits," said Twilight digging through her bag.

"Ma'am," the cashier called out. Twilight looked up to see a worried look on the cashier's face. "Are you SURE you want to purchase this mirror?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Um yeah, why is it wrong for me to buy it?" asked Twilight.

"No it's just that... you know what on second thought you should probably just put it back," said the cashier nervously.

"Oh come on are you scared of the mirror?" joked Twilight.

"No you don't understand," said the cashier.

"Understand what? It's just a mirror," said Fluttershy.

"No you HAVE to listen, this mirror it's cursed," said the cashier.

"Oh please a cursed mirror?" laughed Twilight. "Come on I'll pay extra,"

The cashier let out a sigh of defeat,"I guess no matter how many times I try to persuade you it won't work," Twilight shook her head. "Alright but I'm warning you, don't look into the mirror or even try to show anypony this mirror,"

"Well then whats the point of owning it if I can't even look into it?" asked Twilight.

"I'm telling you not to look into it," said the cashier.

"Alright fine," groaned Twilight pulling out her wallet.

"No I don't need any bits, just take the stupid mirror," said the cashier.

"Ok thanks," said Twilight grabbing the mirror.

"What do you think he meant by cursed?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't know but I'm taking off this stupid tape," said Twilight tearing off the tape. Once the tape was off she held it up and looked at her own reflection. Surprisingly the mirror looked to be in a fine condition for it to be sold at a yard sale. "Heh I actually look pretty good," said Twilight adjusting her mane.

"Well I gotta go, angel needs to be fed," said Fluttershy.

"Alright see you tomorrow," said Twilight.

"Yeah thanks for letting me hang out with you today," said Fluttershy.

"No problem," said Twilight. Twilight waved goodbye to her friend as she made her way to the library gazing at her own reflection the entire way. By the time she reached the library, the sun was already starting to set. "Spike I'm home!" said Twilight opening the door.

"Cool did you get anything?" Spike called out from inside the library.

"Sure did," said Twilight walking in. She slid the mirror into her bag wanting to surprise Spike with her new household item. Little did she know her reflection suddenly appeared on the mirror with a demonic smile and glowing blood red eyes. Later that night during dinner Twilight told Spike about the mirror and the cashier's strange behavior towards the mirror itself.

"So the mirror's cursed?" asked Spike.

"Unlikely there are no such thing as curses," said Twilight.

"Are you sure?" asked Spike nervously.

"Oh come on Spike do you seriously believe in those fairy tales?" asked Twilight.

"But Twilight what if he was right, what if this mirror IS cursed?" asked Spike.

"If it was cursed I'd be dead right now," said Twilight sarcastically.

"Twilight that's not funny," said Spike.

"Ok sorry," giggled Twilight.

"Geez you better keep that mirror away from me," groaned Spike crossing his arms.

"Alright just for you Spike," said Twilight kissing his cheek.

Spike's smile returned as he asked,"So are you planning to stay up and study again tonight?"

"No not this time, I'm too tired," yawned Twilight.

"Well then good night Twilight," said Spike.

"Yes good night Spike," said Twilight walking up to her room yawning. Twilight opened the door and placed the mirror onto her nightstand as she left to go brush her teeth, not noticing her reflection once again appeared smiling demonically, her eyes glowing in the red tint. While Twilight brushed her teeth she replayed the warning the cashier had sent her. "Don't look in the mirror? What a joke," she said to herself. She bent over the sink to spit out her toothpaste, but when she looked back up into the bathroom mirror, the eyes in her reflection had turned into empty sockets with black substance dripping down. Twilight screamed as she fell back. Twilight quickly scrambled to her hooves and looked back into the mirror to see that her reflection had returned to normal. "What in Equestria?" she mumbled.

"Twilight what's wrong?" asked Spike poking his head in.

"Oh nothing sorry for waking you," said Twilight.

"Nah it's cool," said Spike walking back to his bed. Twilight looked back into the mirror confused, "What was that?" she mumbled. Twilight just shook it off as a hallucination and decided to go to bed as soon as possible. She turned off the lights and made her way to her room, not noticing her reflection was now smiling demonically.


Luna's head flew back as her eyes widened. What was that she saw? She didn't know but the feeling that something was terribly wrong had only grown stronger. She didn't know what it was, but she couldn't shake the fact that Twilight might be in danger.

"I should talk to her as soon as possible," Luna mumbled. Whatever the problem could be it was no joke that something sinister was lurking somewhere in ponyville. If she was to protect everypony there, she had to do it before whatever demonic entity could appear.

Author's Note:

This is where it all starts. Now I don't really know how many would consider this as a horror story but, in my opinion mirrors are just plain terrifying. I mean the fact that a demon might be living in your mirror is scary enough but the fact that you're constantly being tormented by it only makes it worse.