• Published 10th Sep 2018
  • 579 Views, 5 Comments

Green and Friends - Saga 1 - Domestics - blaa6



Green is now getting used to his new life. Chaos, fun and love: The usual.

  • ...
3
 5
 579

Chapter 1 - Part 4 - Pinkie and Applejack

Author's Note:

I apologize for the lengthy rules segment of the chapter. I wanted to be as accurate as possible.

Green trotted as he approached Sugarcube Corner. It really did look like a giant gingerbread house; so much so that he might have eaten it if he didn’t know better. ‘Note to self: Get gingerbread cookies,’ he walked over to the door and knocked.

“Who is it?” A high pitched voice sang inside.

“It’s me,” Green replied.

“Me who?”

“Pinkie!” Another voice said; It was more soft-spoken and deeper and with a southern accent. “Coming.”

The door opened to reveal Applejack covered in flour. “Hey, Green.” She put out a hoof and Green bumped it with his own. “Twilight sent ya?” He nodded.

“Greeny!” A pink blur tackled him and they spun in a ball until they came to a stop. He looked up to see Pinkie Pie on top of him and a bit too close to his face. “I’m soooooooooooooooo glad you’re here! We could use your help finishing up the baking. Please help us.” Pinkie then widened her eyes to anime sad eye proportions.

“Of course I’ll help.” Pinkie squeed in excitement as she dragged him into the kitchen, Applejack followed close behind. As they entered the room, he saw dozens of different types of desserts. Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, fudge and so much more; there were even ones he couldn’t identify. "Looks like you've got a lot done already." Pinkie looked at him and smiled.

"Yup. But we're not done yet. There's one thing we still need to make. It's the most important food of the party!" She said, holding his face intensely. He blushed a bit. Pinkie noticed this, got up to his ear and whispered, "It's ok. I know you like Dashie. I'm just messing around," she giggled and pulled back. He blushed harder.

"Wha?!" he stuttered. Applejack chuckled a bit.

"It's ok, sugarcube. It's not really a secret. But it's ok. Y'all seem ok too." Green sighed.

"So, what are we making?" Pinkie smiled wider.

"Only Derpys favorite food!" She pulled out a drum set from hammerspace and drummed a bit before saying "MUFFINS!" Party poppers suddenly went off behind her. AJ and Green smiled. Pinkie inhaled but Applejack put a hoof in her mouth.

"Pinkie, please. No song this time." Pinkie frowned slightly and nodded. AJ removed her hoof and moved to the sink to wash it. Pinkie shook her head and smiled at Green.

"First, can you whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in the big bowl over there?" She pointed to the ingredients and the big bowl holding a whisk on the counter.

"You got it," he said trotting over to begin. He grabbed the flour in his hooves and slowly poured it into the bowl. Applejack looked at him with confusion as he continued to use his hooves to do the same with the sugar and baking powder; she meanwhile preheated the oven to 375°F.

"Aren't you gonna use your magic?" She asked. He turned his head a bit to look over to her while Pinkie puts the wet ingredients in her bowl.

"I could but I don't really want to do this faster than my friends," he said as he sprinkled the salt in and started to whisk. "I don't get the opportunity to bake with you guys often so I thought I should take my time." Pinkie and AJ smiled softly as Pinkie whisks the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl behind him; Applejack meanwhile got the muffin wells and baking cups ready. Pinkie peered into her bowl, the ingredients combined quite well.

"Ready over here!" She sang out. Green looked at his bowl and saw his mix was ready as well.

"Same here." Pinkie zoomed over to him so fast he could swear she teleported. Green let go of the bowl and stepped away as Pinkie combined the mixes and stirred with her favorite wooden spoon. "So, speaking of love lives, what about Twilight?" Pinkie turned her head and smiled.

"Oooooh Someone's a curious monkey." Green blushed a bit.

"I mean you two have known her more than I have so..." Pinkie smiled.

"Well, don't tell her I told you but she was staring at Trixie's butt for a long time once," AJ admitted sheepishly. Pinkie looked at her questioningly as she stopped stirring and began to fill the cups with batter.

"Funny, I saw Twi looking at Starlight's booty too," Pinkie replied. Both mares looked confused at each other while Green smiled a bit.

"I think I know what to do then," he said. Pinkie's eyes lit up.

"PLEASE TELL ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEASE!" Green booped Pinkie on the nose.

"It's a surprise." Pinkie giggled as she finished pouring.

"Good call, Greeny. I'm...not exactly the best at keeping surprises." She smiled sheepishly. "Ok. Let's get these puppies in." Green opened the now preheated oven as Pinkie used her tail to slide the tray in and close the door. "Now we wait..." The three sat down as Pinkie reached behind her and pulled out Cards against Equinity. Green smiles while Applejack looks at her confused.

"You sure about this, Pinkie?" AJ asked. Pinkie looked at the box.

"Oopsie. Wrong game." She put the black box away and replaced it with a red box. Green looked at the writing.

"Red Flags. The Game of Terrible Dates," he read. "This seems ok." AJ nodded in agreement as they set up the game.

"I'll read the rules...let's see..."Pinkie briefly looked for and found the rules. "SETUP: Separate the white cards (Perks) from the red cards (Red Flags) and place them in stacks on the table where all players can reach them. Pick a player to be the Single. The player who’s been on the most dates makes a great first Single. Everyone else takes 4 Perks and 3 Red Flags. THE PERKS: Using what you know about the Single, pick two Perks to create the best date you can for them. Starting with the player to the left of the Single, each player plays their two Perks and reads the cards out loud to the table. THE RED FLAGS: After all Perks are read, and beginning once again with the player to the Single’s left, each player plays a Red Flag onto the player to their left. DEBATE: Now the players argue why the Single should pick their character to date and reject the other candidates. The Single must imagine that they will date this person long-term, and will be expected to do all of the things they would do while dating anyone else. SELECTION: Based on the arguments, the Single chooses a date. The chosen player keeps their Red Flag from that date. Use these cards to keep track of points. The player to the left of the Single is now the new Single." Pinkie took in a long breath.

"So now, we decide who's single..." AJ and Pinkie looked at each other and pointed at Green. He shrugged as he waited for them to draw their cards. While Applejack had a great poker face, Pinkie was smiling wider and wider as she looked over her cards. They both put their cards down flipped down. Applejack, as she is to the left of Green, goes first.


"She is...a Pokemon Coordinator...and she has blue hair...Pinkie, did you mix in other cards?" Pinkie looked at her stoic for a moment before laughing and taking out an expansion box. "Multiverse Media Volume 1...well that explains it ...kinda," she shrugged. "Best cards I had, honestly." Green just looked at the cards, dumbfounded by the unbelievable chances of those specific cards being chosen.

"I'll say this much...those are pretty good cards..." he complimented. AJ raised an eyebrow.

"Say what now?"

"I'll explain it when we get to the debate." He motioned Pinkie to do flip her cards.

"She loves video games and...is a cyan pegasus." Green's eyes widened and cheeks flushed as Applejack's mouth hung agape. Pinkie hollered like a hyena. They all took a minute to relax a little.

"Pinkie, did you cheat?" AJ accused. Pinkie fiddled with her duel disc that suddenly appeared.

"No, but I think I have super luck." She looked at the card inserted into the disc; "Blind Luck" it read.

"The fact that it's those two exact sets is basically impossible." Green deadpan snarked a bit. Pinkie swung a hoof around him.

"The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!" She quoted.

"Let's just get to the Flags," he countered. She let him go and put away the duel disc.

"Mine is...she loses the Grand Festival," AJ started.

"Ok, that is both amazing and scary accurate."

"Mine is...Takes a while to stop being egotistical." AJ facehoofed as Green blushed once more. "Time to debate." AJ lowered her hoof.

"Now, what did you mean earlier?"

"Well, in the human world, I watched the Pokemon anime series. I was introduced to it when I was in elementary school. I came in around the beginning of the big dub cast change in Battle Frontier; Season 9. After that, I watched Pokemon Diamond and Pearl; the following season. There, I came across the new 10-year-old trainer Dawn. Keep in mind, I was around her age at the time. So I crushed on her hard; especially this one episode she was in a dress." Applejack and Pinkie stared at him with keen interest.

"That...is...ADORABLE!" Pinkie shouted and hugged him for a bit before she let go. Green beamed.

"Thanks. But I'm gonna have to go with Pinkie's for obvious reasons." Applejack nodded knowingly. Suddenly, the timer went off.

"They're ready!" Pinkie cheered as she made sure the oven was off before slowly opening it.

"Mind if we pick this back up later?" Green asked. Both mares nodded and he used his magic to clean up the cards, reshuffle them and put everything back in the box. Pinkie used an oven mitt to get the muffins out onto the stove top. The door to the kitchen creaked open as Applejack looked over to it.

"It's so weird. I mean...what are the chances Dashie would be one of your date options, Greeny? It's like the universe wants you two to...be...together..."

Pinkie looked over to the door as she slowly stopped talking. Applejack frowned, looking a bit scared.

"Pinkie, what do you mean?" Green froze as he turned around to see Rainbow Dash in the doorway. "huh wha buh?" was all he could get out before fainting on the spot.