• Published 14th Oct 2017
  • 1,202 Views, 3 Comments

Drinking Your Emotions. - LittleBitaMagic



You decide to meet Berry Punch at a local bar, what should be a night filled laughs and drinks quickly turns into something else.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,202

Not The Only One.

The Sour Apple Tavern.

A place where boredom goes to die or so you have been told by many a pastel colored pony. Yet you find it is probably a hotspot for one reason alone, the fact that this old dimly lit shack is cheap. A thick scent of cider and desperation wafts through the air, you can spot ponies of all kind scattered about at tables, though none are laughing or enjoying the night.

You push past a growing crowd of gambling at the Dartboard, a pink mare softly patting your arm with a sly wink, her cerulean eyes locking on your own filled with mischief.

“Well hello handsome. Care to place a bet?” She wiggles her firm plot a bit in a flirting manner, you can’t help but blush as you back away.

“Maybe later.”

“Don’t be a stranger.” She giggles turning her attention back to the game, even though you’ve been stranded in Equestria for a while now, you fear you might not ever get over how so many mares flirt with you.

Perhaps it is your charm?

Or maybe the exotic is just a turn on to these creatures?

Could that be it? Are you simply just a token?

To be used and abused, until you are no longer exciting?

Shivering in place, you let out a restless sigh.

If you ever felt like a harlot, now would be the time. You just chuckle aloud and walk towards the bar counter, praying a scarlet “A” would not appear on the side of your ass.

You spot Berry Punch among the curve of the bar, slumped over against the counter on a withered stool, a empty glass of cider in front of her. You slide in beside her giving a small nudge on her side, she has been the only pony around here who has been a true friend. Never once has she been anything other than sassy, not at all making you feel cheap.

“Ha! A round for this bucking beautiful creature!” Berry trotted her hooves across the counter loudly, her dark purple coat smelling as if she were marinated in the finest wines.

“I’m not really in the mood tonight.” You slump over against the bar in defeat.

“Phst! I wasn't talking about you “Who-Man”, I was talking about moi!” Berry shoulder flipped that violet curly mane of her’s playfully.

You snort out loud as the mare is given a small clear glass of house cider, she quickly flinging up both hooves and chugging the drink in a matter of seconds. Her muzzle glowing a bright pink as you know she is on her way to a good night, those large berry colored eyes taking you in slowly.

“So Anon. Why so serious?” The mare flaunts a hoof your way, knowing you will just sit there and pout like a filly, if she didn’t at least try and chit-chat.

“I don’t know Berry. I just feel so…” You glance to your side as you could see Berry now holding a delicate wine glass in hoof.

“What? If you are going to chat like a mare, I need a mare’s drink.”

“So isolated.” You huff with a frown, rolling your eyes just a bit.

“Isolated? Uhh have you seen this place?” Your mare friend quickly spun around on her stool, hooves pointing to the blur of colors around her.

“It’s not the same. I feel as if here I’m just something, back home at least I was a somebody.” You placed a trembling hand atop your forehead, thoughts if you’d ever make it back home rushing in.

Would they have even noticed, that you had gone missing?

“Oh! You are looking for purpose in the tide.” Berry scrunched her muzzle up cutely.

“I knew you wouldn’t understand.” You roll your eyes back to the mare, the loud mesh of voices around the bar, giving you a splitting headache.

Berry slung down the wine glass, her cheeks burning a bright red. The mare softly tapping the counter, her eyes filled with a sense of woe suddenly.

“Ha! I know how you feel asshole. I rush around all day, trying to find what I can’t!” The Bartender placed a large mug of cider in front of the mare.

“So many faces, too many places! Yet I remember none.” Berry lifted the mug high, chugging the brew swiftly. A light brown liquid trickling down her chin, the odd silence filling the air.

“I didn’t know.” You add in barely a whisper.

“Whatever snowflake. Just know you aren’t the only one, who feels alone.” Berry slammed the mug on the counter, a soft hic escaping her muzzle.

“So tell me. What is it that you are searching for?” You ask with a smirk, feeling a little closer to the mare at this point.

“None of your business.” She blew a soft raspberry.

“You’re telling me, that you slog these drinks down all day. Looking for nothing?” You snort aloud, turning her own snooty banter against her.

“ I don’t drink to seek!” Berry huffs aloud, her coat fluffing out a bit in anger and annoyance.

“Phst. You see Berry, I think the reason you can’t remember “ The Faces or the Places” Is because you are just too damn sauced!” You push the mug away from the pony, who flashes a dark sneer.

“I feel fucking Isolated, because I’m alone! I was alone in my old life and I am again now!” You whisper loudly into her ear, Berry reaching helplessly for her mug.

“You though! You dug your own grave and can’t admit why!”

“I’m scared! You fucking asshole!” Berry snatched the mug from your hands, holding the wooden item tightly in her hooves.

“I know what I am! I can’t change, it’s far too late for that.” Berry pinned her ears back slowly, as she watched the cider ebb and flow inside.

“So I sit here, day in and out! I want to forget those I’ve lost or will lose.” Berry quivered in place, eyes locked on the murky depths below her drink.

Knowing perfectly well it was like her life, a murky haze with no escape. She could only drown in her own sea of cider, until one day she could forget. Hooves going limp she let the mug slip away, crashing loudly onto the floor below as none took notice.

“I’ve found my answer Anon. One day you will too.” Your marefriend tossed a small bag of bits on the counter, wobbling off the stool before vanishing into the crowd.

You could only clench your fist in anger, knowing for the first time now. That you were truly alone in this new world, casting away the only friend you had in anger.


“Bum-bum! I died in your hooves tonight! For the first time, I wasn’t afraid!” Berry sung aloud in the dark of the night, cantering with a small wobble. Those lovely glowing eyes looking for a new bar.

“Berry!” You called off after her, walking at a steady pace through the growing mist. The crisp night air a nice change of pace, from the boiling hot bar.

“If you want to apologize Anon. Well I say…” The mare blew a loud wet raspberry.

“I know saying sorry would do nothing!” You yelled aloud while coming to a complete stop behind her.

“Then why even try!?” Berry spoke with burning pink cheeks, her whole small body shivering from hoof to ear.

“I just wanted to say, I do feel alone here! I feel different than I did at home, there I had nopony at all!”

Berry turned around in silence, watching you walk over as you towered over the mare with ease. She would lift that cute muzzle of her’s, both of you locking eyes with each other.

“But even as I feel alone here, I’m ok to have you. More than ok in fact, perhaps I’d even say I feel down right loved by you.”

“...”

“I know I’m just one person. But I feel that I could be fine with being alone, if I could only have you at my side.”

Berry smirked softly as she lifted onto her hind legs, wrapping slender and soft hooves around your shoulders. She simply melted into your embrace, your strong arms holding her ever closer.

“Anon. Can you please just carry me home?” She whispered softly in your ear, you easily scooping her up from below, holding the small pony close to your heart.

“You promise to always carry me home, when I fall?” She gazed up from her small curled position, eyes burning brightly in the darkness of the night.

You could only smile back, suddenly feeling a warmth grow in your heart.

One long thought to be gone.

“I promise.”

Comments ( 3 )

Afraid I'm not a fan of swearing. I'll give this a like, but please don't swear during your next story. (Of course, 'Bucking' is okay.)

Is this also a part of the Awoken Series?

8822119
No just a stand alone, when I first joined Fimfiction.

But did get me thinking about the Awoken series.

Login or register to comment