• Published 17th Oct 2017
  • 1,800 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed V - sonicdash123



A storm brews as Tempest Shadow and the Storm creatures came and invaded Canterlot. Separated from Twilight and the others, Charming Thunder and Danny must find a way to retake Canterlot and find his friends and family.

  • ...
10
 10
 1,800

Chapter 5: Twilight Kidnapped

Charming Thunder and Danny arrive at the mountain and stood at the edge of the beach. Danny was the first to dive in as Charming Thunder stepped into the water and dove in. He followed Danny deeper in the water as they explored the depths of the sea. Charming Thunder then began to feel a familiar presence and followed it to an open passage. He then pointed the passage to Danny and they then explored inside the passage. The area around them got darker and darker until they saw a light flash in front of them. In the distance the glow, there came an underwater kingdom they have never seen before. Around them, there were sea ponies swimming around as Charming Thunder looked around amazed with the location. He then saw some guards swimming towards them and pointed their spears at him and Danny. "We come in peace," Charming Thunder said with his hooves raised in the air.

"Likely story," a voice said as a light fuchsiaish gray sea pony leader swam past the guards. "I am Queen Novo of the sea ponies. No other outsider has ever found this place other than the other seven that are here."

"Other seven, your highness?"

"Wait, mother," another voice said as a light gambogeish gray sea pony swam up to Charming Thunder fast and got a closer look at him. She swam around the unicorn to examine him. "Red unicorn. Just as Twilight described."

"Twilight's here?"

"Oh, yes." The sea pony then shook Charming Thunder's hoof. "Princess Skystar at your service, your highness."

"Twilight's told you about me?"

"Not just her. She and her friends thought you were dead. They were worried since the Storm King attacked your land."

"Storm King?" Danny said with concern.

"Oh, please don't tell them too, Skystar," Novo said as she face palmed.

"Once upon a time, like, a while ago, the Hippogriffs did live on Mount Aris. A horned beast did show up to steal their magic!"

"Reminds me of Tirek." Charming Thunder said to himself.

"But, to keep it out of his clutches, their brave and majestic leader, Queen Novo, hid them deep underwater where he could never go! We were the Hippogriffs."

"So you just abandoned your city? To save yourselves? But what about my friends and family? Are they okay?"

"They are all fine. I'll show you." Skystar gestured Charming Thunder to follow her and swam right behind her. When they arrived, Charming Thunder stopped to see Applejack and the others swimming around in their sea pony form. Applejack turned to see Charming Thunder and rushed over to him with a tight hug while the others came over to join. They broke the hug when Fluttershy noticed the scar on his eye and placed a hoof on the glass of his helmet.

"What happened to you?" Fluttershy asked; worried.

"Tempest happened during the invasion. I did my best during my duel, but she seemed stronger than me." Charming Thunder looked past the group and noticed that Twilight isn't among them. "Where's Twilight?" An alarm then began to sound. and a yell was heard in the distance. Charming Thunder recognized the sound of the yell and swam with the group along with Skystar and Novo followed by Danny to investigate. They then see Twilight all tangled up trying to reach for a pearl. Novo snarled and swam to the pearl and grabbed it.

"No!" Twilight shouted. "Please!" Charming Thunder was shocked to see what Twilight has done.

"All of this so you could sneak in and take the pearl?!" Novo said. She grabs Skystar and looked at her. "This is why we don't bring strangers into our home!" She then looked back at Twilight. "You don't deserve to be one of us." The pearl glowed as Charming Thunder and Danny covered their eyes.

---------------------

At the surface of the beach away from Mount Aris, the nine popped out of the water gasping for air except Charming Thunder who still had his diving helmet on. They then stepped out of the water as they dried themselves up. Twilight walked ahead of the others as Applejack looked at her and said, "What were you thinking? I mean, stealing their pearl?"

"It was the only way to save Equestria," Twilight explained.

"Except it wasn't!" Pinkie said. "The queen was going to say yes! We did what you told us and that's what made her realize we were ponies worth saving!" Pinkie gasped. "Unless...you didn't really want us to show her the best time ever! You just wanted us to distract her!" Everyone except Danny gasped.

"I never would have done it, but this isn't Equestria! We can't just dance around with con artists, make rainbooms in the sky and expect everything to work out! It's not enough! We are not enough!"

"No, Twilight! We stuck together! We were gonna get the help we needed! The only thing that stopped us...was you!"

"Well, I'm doing the best I can! It's all on me. I'm the one Tempest wants. I'm the last princess!"

"You're also the only one who doesn't trust her friends!"

"Well, maybe, I would've been better off without friends like you!!!" Pinkie Pie gasped at the thing Twilight said as Fluttershy whimpered. Charming Thunder looked away to hide his tears as Danny placed a hoof on his shoulder. Pinkie slowly began to walk past Twilight, who realized what she said was wrong. "Pinkie, I..."

"I just can't talk to you right now." Everyone else except Spike, Danny, and Charming Thunder walked away behind Pinkie. Charming Thunder was about to walk away as Twilight gasped.

"Charming..." Charming Thunder stopped and didn't turn to meet her gaze. "Please. Not you too."

"I'm sorry, Twilight," Charming Thunder said as he held his tears. "I just have a lot on my mind right now." Charming Thunder walked the other direction away from Pinkie and the others. Spike and Danny were the only ones who haven't left. Danny stepped up next to Twilight. He then ran to follow Charming Thunder leaving Twilight and Spike alone. Twilight sat at the edge of the cliff looking over the sea.

Spike stood behind her and said, "Twilight? It's okay. You'll figure it out." Twilight then began to cry.

"No," Twilight said. "I can't. I ruined everything. There's no chance to save Equestria now. It's all my fault." Nothing but silence came from Spike as Twilight looked behind her. "Spike?" When she turned, she gasped to see Spike grabbed by a creature. Twilight got up and tried to save him, but was stopped when a cage fell on her; trapping her inside. "Spike!!!" Spike blew fire on the creature's hand which made it release him. He then looked up to see Twilight being taken away in her cage.

"Twilight!!!" Danny, who overheard and saw everything, began to run as fast as he could to find Charming Thunder and tell him what has happened.

---------------------

Charming Thunder sat on a rock with his diving gear off of him; upset as he kicked some rocks away from him. Danny rushed to him and said, "Twilight's been taken!!!" Charming Thunder got up from the rock with a gasp.

"What?" Charming Thunder said.

"She's been taken by the creatures you told me about and is heading to Canterlot right now." Charming Thunder then drooped his head down and turned away.

"Then it's over then. Tempest has won. She has all of the princesses."

"I'll go tell the others. You need to pony up and think straight." Danny then ran the other direction to go find Pinkie and the others and tell them what happened while Charming Thunder stayed behind.

(Note: Sung to the tune of Beauty and the Beast's Evermore)

Sung by: Charming Thunder

She was the one who had it all
Her life is wonderful to me
And too late to realize I was wrong
It’s like it slipped from my hooves
And while her pain is wailing up from within
I close my eyes and she is still here
Long ago I let her into my heart
How much more can I even bear

Charming Thunder flew up to the top of the rocky cliff and looked at the sky.

Now I know she can never betray me
Even as she made one mistake
She will still love me, calm me, comfort me, move me
Come at me
All alone in the middle of nowhere
Day after day
I fooled myself, she walked right in
And stayed with me for evermore

Charming Thunder spreads his wings and walked along the path on the cliff.

At first I cursed what I felt
The pain it’s causing me
Even though she is taken away through her own fault
I can now sense her fear

Now I know she can never betray me
Even as she fades from view
She has always inspired me
Always next to me, fighting by my side
All alone in the middle of nowhere
Day after day

Charming Thunder flew up high in the air to see a fleeing airship leaving the area.

I fooled myself, she walked right in
And as her fate is sealed
I’ll think of all she might have done
Waiting there for evermore

Charming Thunder then hatched an idea and flew towards the direction where his wookiee friends were staying since he left them.