• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 4,482 Views, 44 Comments

Doctor Whooves: ...But Who you know - dangerousDoc



everything changes when an unexpected guest drops in on the good doctor.

  • ...
5
 44
 4,482

What Remains to be Seen

Author's Note:

Sorry to those who waited for this to update. I have had quite a bit of change the last 2 years and I am not much of a writer. However I resolve to finish this with some spare time I have gathered up. But for now a teaser.

There is some way to describe this. There was some way to preserve and perceive this. Pity?... No that is too forgiving... Surprise?...No. Far too inadequate...Rage?...Yes, Rage, That is the correct word. Rage seems to be the only word to describe it. Rage seems to be the only word that would work. Rage is the only proper response to this lunacy. The only response one should give to the blatant misappropriation to their power. It is almost enough to make one sick...

Almost, but not quite.

Perhaps this is the price for knowing the truth. Is this why it hurts so much? Is that why it burns the soul? To lose the hope that they would know and respect power.... to lose the hope that we were ruled by the intelligent and wise. Maybe it is these atrocities. These over-whetted metal sticks and paltry parlor tricks that line the walls. Fill these rooms. Their mere existence a blatant disrespect to power itself. it was easy to see that they thought too highly of them. It was almost as if they were only showing their mindless naivety...

Almost, but not quite.

No...No. They were oblivious but not naive. They made this room so... unlike the others. Those were elegant, orderly, and pure. They contained polished plaques and glass cases. They contained deviously complex alarms and extremely potent spells hidden just enough to be obvious to the trained eye. They were meant to be seen...They were made to be seen. They were created specifically to broadcast out the frivolous notion that this is power. Never knowing how close they really were to the real power. Never thinking that tucked away in some narrow old hallway, behind a rather boring looking door. Was Power. Power so grand and magnificent that almost nothing could best it...

Almost, but not quite.

===

Comments ( 1 )

I love how re-reading this in 2020 feels like rewatching Silence In The Library again after River. This would be a post-reformation Discord meeting a Twilight & Spike from the past who have no Idea they would be friends down the road!

And the best part is that this was written during s2 so you would have had no idea either! There is definitely some potential here if you ever want to pick this story up again!

Login or register to comment