• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 4,488 Views, 44 Comments

Doctor Whooves: ...But Who you know - dangerousDoc



everything changes when an unexpected guest drops in on the good doctor.

  • ...
5
 44
 4,488

Nothing more... Nothing less

One could not help but feel awe in a vestibule of such high quality. It was immaculate, as was the gardens that it overlooked, or the toy soldiers whom marched throughout the two. They all were there to serve their purpose. A purpose that they strived and sweated for. A purpose that they worked their entire lives to realize. They had become what they always wanted to be, candy to the eyes and nothing more...

It is almost sad...

Realization danced amongst the ornaments. The pending panic of their old enemy sending shivers down their spine. Whispers and rumors flooding the seething silence as they eyed the gigantic doors. They waiting anxiously for their masters orders. It would have been rude to compare them to dogs. Dogs at least have a sense of dignity. They have a mind to act on their instincts even when outside of their master's orders. Instead they wait...

It is almost sad...

Another moment passed before they came out, a few shirking shadows of their pride wisped in their very motions. A mask hiding their emotions. Did they realize what was at hoof? Did they know what has just happened? Or will they again be ignorant to the facts in front of them. Will they again ignore the signs? Will they again ignore the answers? Will they again ignor-

"Has he said anything?"

"Nay, all that we have inquired has been responded in kind with silence."

"Do you think that that monster did anything to-?"

"Big sister! Our time is finite! He is nothing compared to what is to come. We all must continue with haste!"

...Nothing? Nothing! Do they not realize what that means? Do they know nothing? Nothing is beyond comprehension. Nothing is beyond their sight. Nothing was here long before time and nothing will exist long afterwords. Nothing is unchangeable. Nothing is eternal. Nothing can never fail and nothing will always succeed. Nothing can not be lost. Nothing is smarter, faster, stronger, better. Nothing is scarier. Nothing is unstoppable. Nothing is essential. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is perfect... And to them I am nothing...


It is almost sad...

===

Nothing. There was nothing to describe what was outside the TARDIS's blue stained doors. Quite literally, nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada. There was simply the lack of anything. It was all gone. There wasn’t even the comfort of a infinite black void that usually came with space. There was no light, darkness, hue, or color. Just a “Just-like-yet-not-at-all-like-gray Gray” brought about by the mind's natural tendency to try to keep itself sane. It almost hurt to look.

"Well! What you have to say to that!" said the draconequus in a smug serene.

“Wow,”deadpanned the unfazed baby dragon,“What a cheap looking effect.”

“Effect?! What?”

“Really? you think we would respectfully regard a renegade reality warper that recently removed his restraints,”Twilight growled as she was barely restraining herself. “Especially when hes running around repeating his 'revealing revelations' red herring routine! It's almost insulting that you imagine that we are so stupid that a single showing your infamous illusions would answer all our questions. ”

“Illusions?! Why Ms. Sparkle while I would appreciate the compliment of even thinking I am capable of creating such illusion. Sadly its is my displeasure to inform you that this isn't so. While I could create any illusion from the Big Bang to the Final Moment, this is well outside my artistic bounds. Only reality, or in this case the lack of, could create such a beautiful horror. Wouldn't that be correct, Doctor?"

"… No… "

"See!" The draconequus exclaimed smugly his paw pointing at the Time Lord. "Even your Doctor can manag-” Discord's gesture froze, as the Time Lord's words finally caught up with him. “Wait, WHAT?!"

“... No...” repeated the Doctor, oblivious to all but the oblivion outside his door. “ ...No...No,” The brown colt continued his pace and volume picking up as he ran towards the controls. “No no no no no!” He blubbered as hastily flipping switches and pulling the scanner around scanning the shifting circles that spun on the screen. "...No..."

"What wrong, Doctor?" The defensive unicorn inquired, "What did Discord do!"

"Oh," Discord groaned "This again! Get this through your thick horn Twilight. I didn't do anything."

"Watch it buddy!" Spike yelled, "You haven't proven anything yet."

Discord sighed, "Oh have I? Perhaps if a certain Doctor would stop gobbing like a cod fish..."

"It's not right. It can't be right! It's down right Impossible!"

"Pl-ease, Doctor!" the entropic entity laughed, "You use that word so often I am surprised it hasn't lost all meaning."

" Shut it Discord! Doctor, whats going on? What is this?"

The Doctor didn't move for a second. He stood there, his front hoofs on the ether side of the scanner. his mind searching for the words. "... A nightmare Ms. Sparkle...A old Time Lady's tale. Like Face-Spiders or Grandfather Paradox. But nothing at all like them."

The Time lord paused again his eyes scanning the ceiling for answers (its bound to happen eventually). "Its like....It's like… You know those old stories parents tell their children to keep them in line? Those tiny little fictions that you would never hope to dream of but know somewhere some how they are real? This is what that is to the Time Lords. They called it many things back in those days."

The Time Lord paused again. This time instead of scanning the heavens for answers, his eyes buried themselves in the ground to avoid memory. "Way back in those days… But! There was one name that always stood out. One name that was always there. The Equilibrium. The aftermath of flawless perfection. Everything that is, was or ever could be instead replaced by a system of perfectly spaced quanta and evenly distributed energy."

"Hmmm, Flawless… Perfection…" Discord said as he put claw behind his head and a paw on his hip." No wonder twilight thinks I caused this Equates thingy"

"This isn't funny!" The Doctor said his voice layered with an icy fury," The entirety of reality has collapsed around us! Do you know what that means!"

"More than you could possibly imagine."

"Then enlighten us Discord!"The Doctor dared, as he looked into Discord's apathetic face."Give me one reason why I shouldn't throw you out of my ship right now!"

"Only one?" The draconequus chuckled, "I can think of three. First off, even if you had the guts to throw me out, your shields would become compromised and your little Equinox would get in. And that isn't even taking into the account of my ontological inertia.

"Second, I like you would never wish for this event to have ever happened. The last thing I need is for them to… Is to have a universe of never-ending boredom.

"And finally, the one whom I believe is the cause of both our troubles has taken something so very dear to me. And I must have it back."

"From what I heard I don't think you deserve your powers back!"

"Whoa! Wait, What!" Said Spike.

"Doctor," Twilight hissed, "When were you planning to tell us that particular piece of information!"

"I thought you knew."

"No, " Discord continued unabated, "he has stolen something much more valuable. Something much more dangerous. Something that even you would respect."

"And what would that be?"

"He. Stole. My. Name"