• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 218 Views, 0 Comments

Writer's Bloc Stories: Ocean Minded - Clockwork Pen



After a haphazard Crash landing, the princess of Friendship helps her friend with another issue of Writer's Bloc

  • ...
 0
 218

Ocean Minded

I

It was quiet at the campground. Well, it was quiet for the last few days as me, my family and the camp host are the only occupants that have been staying here.

Though of course, between me, my parents and My grandmother, we have chased after my son between taking turns heading out into the dunes on top of our quads. which hasn’t been a bad deal at all. Till today, well, when everyone just wants to sit back and relax and the little one is being well behaved and staying close to our campsite playing in a foxhole, that I had dug out of the sand with hand tools for him to play in. I sat in the Motorhome trying to write my next peice till-

“UGH, why can’t I not put anything down?!” I face desked into the binder I had been writing several different stories for a few days now.

“Having writers block J.E.?” A familiar voice spoke opposite of the table of me.

Lifting my head, I looked right into the teasing eyes of our recent addition to our camp roster as she peeked up from behind her book, well one of the few that survived her crash.

“Nope, not one bit Twilight, not one bit.” I grumbled resting my chin on the papers, The Humanized Princess saved her place in her book before lowering herself to look eye to eye with me, resting her chin on the very book she had set down.

“Then maybe you shouldn’t push it, It’ll only burn your creativity.”
“Like most of your belongings on entry?”
She sat up with a glint of blush shooting across her face.
“Don’t remind me!”
“How can anyone forget? I mean, at least I know you are a beautiful high ‘C’ cup, without needing me to be a peeping’ tom.”

Twilight had previously prepared for the venture into my world but instead of sticking to a stable method via mirrors, she decided to try to use her Alicorn powers to try a “dimensional Freeroam placement’ or simply put, she tried to combine the mirror’s power with teleport in hoping to meet up with me before her friends could catch up with us.

She instead crash landed on the beach while me and my mother where on a easy ride on our ATVs on the same beach. So, after calming my mother down from having three heart attacks at once, I assured her that I know what is going on and had to re-explain what has been happening between me and the mane Six as they began their adventures into our world with me as their guide.

After a few tense minutes of awkwardness, I was able to send mom ahead of me to make sure Joey isn’t around when I showed up with the half naked newcomer to our camping trip. So folks, you can imagine a humanized Princess of friendship with nothing but my jacket, for some form of decency, and the spare helmet, from the saddle bags, holding onto me while we rode back to our campsite on my Yamaha Grizzly.

Two things I was thankful for,
one, that since it has been two or so years since her ascension, so her Immortal beauty affected her human appearance as this time around she appears around her mid to late twenties.
two, That the noise was dismissed as some nut job blew up the beach with homemade fireworks.
How the coast guard wasn’t inform or didn’t come out to investigate is beyond me…

That was only two days ago and the nights of high tide had naturally repaired most of the damage to the beach. As well revealed more of what survived the impact.

Covering her chest, though she had been wearing one of my shirts now, “We shall not speak of that again! You promised!” She pointed at me accusingly.

“Bet you hesitated on purpose just so you can steal a look of me!” She stuck a tongue out at me as if trying to get a rise out of me.

“Nnnnot really Twi,” I shrugged, “I didn’t expect you to just, well, drop out of the sky like a meteor, far as I knew, The NKs had finally found their balls and launched at the US!” She rolled her eyes shaking her head, she stood up from the table and stepped over to the fridge. We had also discovered that she was just the right size to wear some spare clothes we had, oh wait, correction, some of my spare changes of clothes I had brought for the trip.

So, like any guy, my eyes magnetize themselves to the curvature of the sweats she wore. What a rump…

And she knew it! she exaggerated her search of the mini fridge by bending completely over to simply get a soda from the second shelf. Right, I don’t think I have seen her act this way before. Then again, as I sighed at my memory, each of the Mane six had expressed their crush on me in many ways. I can simply chalk this trip as one of those expressions.

As she returned to her seat, she fumbled with the metal tab of the Root beer can before her slim finger skiffed the metal a few times. She huffed before looking at me.

“J.Eeee?” She pouted cutely as she handed the can towards me with both hands, I gave her the playful look of ‘not amused’ in response.

“Really? did I just not show you how to-here.” I gently took the can, while she still held it and popped the can open with one hand quick enough that one couldn’t even hear the hiss of the aluminum seal being broken, just the crackle of it opening.

“Thank you!” She smiled as she curled up in the bench seat with her back propped up against the wall and her knees pulled up to her chest as she sipped at the opened drink gleefully.

“No problem, Now about this-” I gestured at my binder with another half-assed-half written piece o’ trash as the first page I started on.

“J, Listen,” She dropped the cutie girl act as if on cue. setting the soda on the tabletop, “I seriously doubt bucking your brain around like an apple would only fry your mind even more.” I had sat in silence, with a hand tapping a finger on the page and my head propped up on the other hand.

She reached and placed her hand on mine,

“I think you just need to step back from the writing and go do something else”
Looking up at her, her light lavender eyes had dropped all bantering humor putting concerned consideration in it’s place complete with the matching look of a friend who was starting to show concern for her host.

“Like what?” I asked keeping sarcasm out of each word.
“You know what.” she took another drink of her soda before standing up, “It has been wonderful weather today, You and I should go for a ride.”
I blinked at her in a moment of confusion, “pardon?”
“You know, we both get our coats and helmets, then head out into the dunes, I’m sure you got some trails you’ve been wanting to try without following one of your parents around right?”
I realized halfway through that she was referring to getting on my Grizzly and heading out for a ride into the dunes, So let’s get our minds out of the gutters guys.

“Oh, right, Then maybe we cruise on back from the beach.”
“Exactly!” at that moment I hear my mom yelling after my son as the defiant little five-year-old ran around his great-grandmother’s motor home. He had been doing that ever since we got here and even before Twilight crash landed into our world.
To elaborate, he would push the boundaries of the law of the adults and inch outside the camping spaces regardless if a car was rushing by or not, sometimes run around the motorhomes and the only one trailer, purposely dropping out of sight in the name of being chased by one of us.
Even the little boy would bypass Twilight when she tried to help at times, Wonder if Flurry and Joe would get along? That made me shudder at the thought for I have heard of the newborn Alicorn and how much she is just like this little guy in terms of playful defiance.

When we both stepped out and without fail, I saw my son, the little blond headed mini-me run around the front of grandma's motorhome and around the trailer that was attached to my family’s motor home.

“Joey!” I called out, the laughing boy glanced my way without stopping, I bolted around, vaulted over the trailer’s tongue to begin pursuit of the boy.

“I’ll meet you on the other side!” I hear Twilight before the bulk of the late nineties motorhome separated us.

My son glanced back at me before squealing into another fit of laughter, chanting the phrase, “Still can’t catch me!” as he gained in speed.

As he bounded around the cab of the motorhome.

“Gotcha!” I hear followed by a fit of giggles, “where are you going to go now?!”

I caught up to see that Twilight had intercepted the runaway and the boy had been detained under a barrage of tickle attacks from the nimble royal hands. The boy could only laugh and giggle to the ground while I picked him off the ground.

“God, I hate it when he does that!” Mom repeated herself for nearly the thirtieth time today, as she walked up to us.

“He just gets restless mom, He should stay close now.” I repeated myself for the tenth time today before letting the boy go, he bolted off towards the fox hole to play with his toys.

“Say, Sandra,” Twilight turned to her using her real name, “You think you’ll be fine if We went for a ride?”

With not a single pause to think, the older woman smiled, “Sure! don’t ask me, just get on and go!”

“Yeah, We got’em just don’t get lost out there-” my Dad chimed in, he had just returned from his long trek from the public bathroom, across the campground parking lot, “-unless that is what you two plan on doin- no, no wait, wait!” he smiled as he waved his own humorous thought train away.

And there he goes, embarrassing me once more with the obvious innuendos.

Twilight laughed, “Great, Just need to get dressed and we’ll be out of here in no time!” she excitedly skipped into the motorhome to change. As the side door closed, Dad looked at me from over his sunglasses, pointing at the closed door then gestured ‘okay’ to me with a winking smile then pointed once more back at the door.

“Really dad?”

“Lance!” Mom caught her husband who quickly folded his hands behind his back whistling as he walked down to take a seat by the fire.

Looking back at me, “But seriously though, you do got protect-”

“Mom!” I laughed at her with a smile, “I always carry one in my wallet, but I seriously doubt that will happen out there.”

“You sure? you two have awfully been kinda, flirty, with each other since she got here.”

“What’s going on?” I hear Twilight resurfacing from the motorhome.

“Oh nothing.”

“Nothing!” I turned to look at her, she had fitted herself into a pair of my smaller sized jeans and had put on a different (if not more baggy) T-shirt as well pulled her dark purple-magenta streaked hair into a ponytail; Ever since we both concluded that my clothes would fit her more accurately, she just helped herself to them ever since. Not, that I should be complaining about that or nothing…

“Here,” She came up to me to hand me my coat, before we walked over to the hulk of a workhorse ATV. As she seated herself, fitted helmet, goggles and gloves on, I fitted my motorcycle helmet on before fitting my riding gloves on.

I Turned the gas on, turned the key on, then, after hearing the starter turn the engine over a few times, the quad came to life with an reassuring roar. The Princess had clapped her hands in excitement as I got on. I shifted the automatic into reverse, backed out of the space. As we came to a stop, she used the jerky momentum to scoot into me to only wrap her arms around my waist right before I shifted the stick up into High gear then we slowly made our way out of the campground and onto the sandy road.

II

We made a left turn onto the main sand road towards the dunes, but instead of going completely straight into the sand bowl, I made a left turn onto a trail that winded onto some side trails that were obscured by the woodland canopy above us. The Grizzly negotiated the root infested trails like a boss while I kept my eyes forward, but for the life of me can not forget the closeness of my passenger as she watched over my shoulder.

Though this had only been the third time she had been riding passenger on my quad (though we try to argue that me bringing her to camp the first time doesn’t count), she still enjoys the ride like it as if it was the first time.

Though it seemed like that we were getting turned around with all the constant left and right turns onto different trails, each one different from the last. Eventually I managed to clear onto another trail that had some taller walls that made for awesome wall riding, each pass she pulled herself tighter against me as if avoiding to not fall off; from right to left, then right one more time before straightening back out before descending down the quick slope.

I turned left making us vanish onto another trail full of vegetation and trees, then we reemerged onto a small clearing just before the high dunes.

“What’s going on?” she had to ask loudly because not only of our helmets, but the engine too, I lifted the visor to my helmet,

“Nothing’s wrong, Where to this time Your highness?” I felt a playful slap against my shoulder.

“How about that way this time?” she pointed towards the high dunes, “Didn’t you guys talked about a lake being over that way?”

“Yeah, but it’ll be a bit of a ride over that way.”

“What?”

“I said it’ll be a bit of a ride out that way.

“So? we got time, let’s go!” I shrugged.
“Hang on then Princess!” she took it literally and damn near squeezed me with a giggle, but either way we roared on towards the high dunes, or the tallest hills on this part of the sandy, oregon dunes.

I left my visor up as we cruised on, over and around the expansive dunes. Trying to avoid the sudden, natural drop offs that would lie in wait just on the otherside of these dunes.

One of us had already crashed once, no need to even the score with me getting in a wreck.

When we came to the crest of the third dune, I gazed upon another dune with a cluster of trees on its top, towards our right was a border fence standing half buried in the sand with their ‘no trespassing’ signs; but I looked for the familiar landmark of this trip.
one of two beat up pine trees that stood defiant of the costal elements. I would remember this tree as it was a mental check point towards the lake.

I gassed it and then coasted down the slope under us then sped up the last dune in front of us. She Leaned into me instead of leaning back to avoid the impossible chance to fall off here.

I knew she was enjoying herself during the whole trip, when I wasn’t making the quad go on the twisty, turny trails or rolling over the humps in some of the roads. she would at random, rest her head against my back as she would be more than likely taking in the scenery as it rolled by around us.

I steered us back into the vegetation that formed the natural wall between the civilized world and the coast itself. Hitting a few more trails but I tried to turn right whenever I could to avoid missing our next checkpoint.


The second, wind damaged pine told me that we were close to our destination. I pulled to a stop just underneath it after climbing the slope.

“Are we almost there?”

“Yeah, just right over there.” I pointed slightly towards our right, sure, right in front of us was a chunk of vegetation covered dune that had been cleaved out into a dangerous jump or sharp slope down; but just beyond that was our destination.

How long has it been since we left camp?

“We didn’t grab any water before we left did we?” she looked me as I turned to look at her. She had leaned back to look from me to the saddle bags. Damn it, I could map out the perfect lumps under her coat, well, my good coat as she had ‘stolen’ it while I wore my windbreaker. Why was I looking anyway? Stay focused!

I got off the bike to step around the back to check the saddlebags, sure enough, there was at least enough water bottles in here for each of us.

“At least Dad made me put these in here when we started this camping trip.” I pulled one out and handed it to her before pulling another for myself. She removed her glove to manipulate the bottle before taking a drink. Though, in my world, her skin was white at a glance, but a purple hue would glint across her skin at times. An indication that she was still Equestrian and not of this world.

“Smart,” she put the cap back on before slipping the watter bottle into one of the cup holders, “Maybe we should try this again but with some things to have a picnic out here or on the beach.”

“trying to hint at something I take it?”

“What? not at all, just maybe something nice to do during before we head back into civilization.” Yeah Twilight, I know how that story goes and where it usually leads to.

Taking another drink I recapped then put my water bottle into the other cup holder back getting back onto the quad.

“It’ll be something to think about for sure, But first, let's get to that lake.”

“Right, onward Ser knight!” she wrapped one arm around me while pointing out towards our destination.

With a laugh, I fired up the quad to speed down the hill towards another smaller hill.

III

Our destination had a natural build up with the wide open spaces of the sand dunes and the side trails all narrowing towards a bumpy space about a fraction of a footba-correction, soccer field; I came up between a mini dune that had been separated by days of constant use of courageous ATV riders like myself.

Putting the quad into park I turned it off. Before I could even move, the eager princess slid off with in such a rush that we both stumbled off the quad.

“Oh shi-” I caught myself in time to quickly turn to catch Twilight.

“Oh geeze, I’m sorry that I-” she looked up at me, my Visor had been bumped closed and it seemed to of paused in her words to look at me in a way that I hadn’t really seen that often during this trip.

Blinking she hesitantly reached up and lifted my visor open, Our eyes briefly locked in a moment of silence before I cleared my throat.

“Doesn’t help to be in a rush Twilight,” I quickly finished her thought before she blinked again, shaking her head out of whatever romantic cloud she got stuck in.

“yeah, yeah, sorry.” She removed herself from my arms to turn to the quad, “I was just so excited to finally see the fabled Lake you and your family have been talking about.” she picked up on her own excitement once again as she removed her helmet and goggles.

I did the same by removing my helmet and fished my glasses from my jacket’s pocket to put them on, I watched Twilight walk up to the small hump that made up the ledge overlooking Lake Horsfall.

Turning the quad off completely, I turned to walk over to her. The breeze had picked up from the dunes behind us as we both looked out at the lake itself. I have came here dozens of times and not once has it gotten old for me to see it.

It looked like a scene from a forgotten world.

untouched waters with dead trees protruding through the surface, all surrounded by coastal trees and marshlands that have been very well preserved due thanks to courteous riders and Forestry closures to various parts of this hill that overlooked the lake.

Since i have it now, I have taken the chance to fish my phone from a pocket and started taking snapshots with the camera. As I panned the phone’s little camera lense around, capturing the unique scene I panned till Twilight appeared in the finder. I paused to watch her, she hadn’t noticed me yet.

She had been lost for words the whole time, taking in the natural wonders of this mysterious world she is still learning about. This prehistoric looking lake is just one of the many memorable locations to have seen in person for a change. I found myself looking over my phone at her, the breeze had caught her hair as she looked on with eyes filled with astonished wonder.

Snapping myself back to reality, I brought the phone back to level,

“hey, Twilight.” She turned to her name. She failed to notice me with the phone till after,

“Smile!” I snapped the picture of her looking right at me, brushing some of her hair out of her face. It was a beautiful pic, the second one I took of her was even more so as she smiled bashfully, glancing down at the sand.

“How dare you!” she quickly hurried up to me to snatch the phone from me.

“Bu-wha?!” being well versed in our modern tech, she flipped through the pictures i just took.

“Huh, that isn’t that bad, you know how to take pictures, don’t you?” she handed me back my phone.

“yeah, but you’re not even mad at how I stole a few pictures of you just now?” she folded her arms giving me that distinctive look of ‘I hate you for it but I like it.’

“Not really, I guess I’ll let you slip by this time!” pointed at me before poking my nose before turning to walk closer to the edge of the hill.

I thought about it for a moment before an idea crossed my mind.

“Hey Twi, let's take a selfie together.” I suggested, she looked back at me confused,

“Selfie?”

“Here, let me show you.” I walked up beside her, I simply swiped a finger across the screen and the camera view flipped, revealing my face looking back at me.

“See, There is a camera on this side of the phone too, to take pictures of yourself.” I showed it to her who cocked her head to the side in curiosity.

“Huh, If you think it’ll look good, lets do it.”

“Awesome! let’s put the lake behind us, that’ll make one awesome picture to show off to the rest later!”

We both turned our backs to the lake. It took a minute or so as we both had to scooch closer to each other to fit in the frame till we were shoulder to shoulder. Without thinking I wrapped my free arm around her as she slightly turned into me to wrap one around me and had placed a hand on my chest.


“Smile for Awesomeness!” We both smiled as I pressed the shutter button with a thumb. As my phone made the shutter sound, the wind picked up, causing both of us to gently move with it which, sadly, was enough for the sand to shift under us both.

“J!” Twilight Yelped as her footing gave out from under her and started to fall backwards. On impulse, her hands gripped onto me which caught me by surprise.

“Oh shit!” we both lost our footing, the combined momentum and weight.

We both fell.

IV

We both tumbled and rolled down the slope of the hill, kicking up sand before we both came to a halt on the sandy shelf at the base of the hill. As my glasses had fallen off, I had shut my eyes to keep the sand out of them so I felt nothing but helpless movement as I tumbled to the stop.

A split second later I felt a body roll to a stop on me.

“OOf!”
“ow!”

I caught my breath as I blinked my eyes open, looking around to see sand to my left, lake water to my right,
“That was close,” I could make out the moss that grew just under the water’s surface.
Then, I looked up to see Twilight had landed on top of me, more like I was the only thing that stood between her and the cold water now next to us.

As we both caught our breath, She brushed some of her hair out of her face, looking at the water too.
“Sweet Celestia that was close!” she blurted out before she looked at me.

There was a moment of staring into eachothers eyes before we both spoke,
“You okay?” We both asked at once,
“Uh, I’m fine, are you?”
“Y-yeah, I’ll be fine, we got lucky didn’t we?”
“Of course, nothing like a near miss, nearly avoiding going for a swing in marsh waters.” We both chuckled at the bleak humor before silence came upon us.

With the wind of dunes around us, the distant crash of the sea and the gentle slosh of the lake next to us. I, I got lost in this surprise moment, what was the feeling in my chest?

She had propped herself above me, but her gaze didn’t break from mine.

“Um,” she couldn’t find words as I absently reached up to move a few strands of hair out of her face, my rough hand gently touching her soft skin. She gently moved into my hand, taking in the feeling of my hand against her cheek as she returned the caress against mine.

I opened my mouth with nothing coming out at first before, “Uhh, I think, we should-”

“Sh-should, should what?” she lowered herself, leaning in closer. Our minds must of went into silent panic mode as, I at least, couldn’t find words to speak before she had lowered herself till our faces were so close to each other that the hot air of our breath passed over our faces.

I could tell we both fought ourselves as our lips hovered very close to one another for a few moments before they finally connected.

We held this kiss for a good, memorable moment before she pulled away. My heart grew wings and hammered against my chest as I gazed into her eyes for an equally longer moment before our lips connected again into a more passionate kiss.

We both had finally sat up, but didn’t break our make out session for a good while I think. damn it brain, I hate it when you lose your sense of time during passionate moments like this!!

We both finally pulled away, breathing heavily as we both looked at each other in complete, utter surprise. We both were shocked that, that happened! Or at least I was certain I was in shock that that happened. My face felt hot and she was blushing profusely.

“J.E, I uh,” she looked away blinking the shock out of her eyes, “I don’t know what to say-”
“Don’t,” I finally managed, pulling blood and brain power back to my skull, “Th-That, was, wonderful.” I reached up to gently pull her back into a more subtle kiss that almost-sorry- did make her melt into my arms.

“I believe we needed that.” She noted as she nuzzled her head into my shoulder as I just simply held her close to me for the first time since she showed up to this trip.

“Think so?” She simply nodded in response.

I would like to think so, we both have been kinda playing the fool for a while now. Not to mention how times in the past that she would obviously be wanting to be close to me, but probably didn’t want as did the other girls have done similar actions around me too.

Avoiding me when situations got close to being this, tense…

“The lake looks more beautiful down here.” she commented after a few, very comfortable moments in each other's embrace.

“You’re right, even more so now that we can-” I swallowed the hard lump of fear down, “-ugh, Properly share the scene together.”

“Hm-hmm.” she agreed. I could only guess that she was lost in a sea of emotion as the once wordy, Science nerd was now a quiet, cuddly Princess in my arms.

I started to feel my back stiffen, I think we should get up.

“Hey,” I quietly spoke to her, “We, should be heading back up.”

“Y-yeah, we should.” But we didn’t move for another few minutes as we gazed out at the lake then back to each other for another barrage of tender kisses.

I knew for a fact, that we didn’t want this tender moment to end, but everyone will be missing us and wonder what has happened to us. yet, A random fear of not being able to enjoy each other’s company like this will happen again.

She started to move, she found the bravery to get up first, I then followed suit. I dusted myself off as she did too.

“So, ladies first?” I gestured up the hill next to us as she looked up the hill then back to me.

“Yeah, Don’t fall behind okay?” she had a big smile on her face before she started her climb up the hill. Before I followed her, I finally took a random moment to watch her climb. For once I can be comfortable staring how at how the jeans complemented her slim curves.

I looked around the ground around me to recover my glasses and phone. It was still set to record mode and wait what?!

I looked at the screen again, I must of skiffed the screen during the fall to switch it to record mode aaaand it had been recording for nearly fifteen minutes now.

As I switched if off, I blinked at the now blank screen realizing that our first tender moments together were captured on my phone. Putting the phone into a pocket I made my climb after her.


We climbed back up to the top of the hill and made our way back to the ATV.

She had been waiting for me as she greeted me with a big hug now complete with a heart melting kiss before putting her helmet, goggles and gloves back on. I was dumbfounded for the moment before snapping out of it to put my helmet back on.

Getting my gloves back on, I got on and started the quad. She had been purposely sitting close to me before, but now, she had herself caressed against me with arms around me.

“To the beach still?”

“Right, Let's go lover!” she quickly covered her mouth in surprise as that last word had apparently appeared out of nowhere. I only smiled at her as it sounded cute when she said it aloud.

“You’re fine, To the beach then!” I nodded as I held a hand before letting go to grip the handlebars to steer as we peeled away from the overlook of the lake.

As we maneuvered over and through the terrain, I could not only take in the new found comfort of her holding onto me, but the passive flow of her magic coming into contact with me. I could only think that it isn’t easy for one of her kind to get attach to some schmuck like me, but when they do, man, it’s almost overwhelming.

It was almost sunset when I found our way onto the beach. The ride back to camp from there felt it could've lasted forever as we cruised up the beach. putting the sand wall to our left and the wonderful ocean on our right.

Unlike before, she seemed to be more comfortable resting herself against me as we made our way up the beach, She must’ve been lost in a sea of thoughts as well taking in the view of the Pacific Ocean in it’s natural rhythm of waves crashing against the shore.

I would glance out to sea as well try to glance back at her, I could only see the top of her helmet. Occasionally I would place my free, left hand on top of hers while my right was glued to the throttle.

Everytime she felt my touch, she would gently tighten her embrace in response. I was only smiling the whole way, feeling something I thought would be lost to me for a while.

V

The sun was still a half hour away from complete sunset when we pulled up into the campground. Pulling up beside the other quads, I shut it off before we both got off, me getting up first this time. Dad peeked out from the side door, I could hear the VHS/TV playing inside behind him.

“You guys were gone a while, everything okay?” he asked as I removed my helmet.

“Oh yeah, we ended up out at the lake then took our time getting back.” he nodded,

“Cool, thought you guys had ran out of gas or something.”

“Oh no, we just had a bit of a tumble down a hill when we were at the lake.” Twilight chimed in after she had placed her helmet into the quad’s saddle bags.

“Of course that was kinda your fault that happened,” I smiled at her teasingly who only batted at a shoulder playfully before planting a kiss on a cheek

“Not the only one that fell just so you know.”

“Something to remember too!” I cleared my throat before looking back at dad who had stepped out to listen to us both, His brows raised when Twilight planted her kiss.

“Well, cool, glad you guys had an awesome time.”

“Yeah, say, we are going to head up to the view point, you still got Joey?”

“Uh, yeah, we’ve just been watching Ice age while mom and grandma sat at the fire.”

“Awesome, thanks dad, we won't be long.”

“Uh-huh, don’t forget to chain the bikes when you get back.” he smiled at us both.

“Got it!” I turned to look at a perplexed Twilight as she watched me walk by her.

“View point?”

“Oh yeah, that platform on the sea wall over there.” I pointed towards the other end of the parking lot. she looked to see what I was pointing at.

“Oh, that, going to watch the sunset I take it?” she smirked at me before she started to walk along with me.
“Psst!”
“Yeah, one last thing to do before bed tonight, don’t think you’ll mind it at all.”
“oh, not at all J.” She gently bumped into me as I looked back at Dad who was apt to point between the both of us with that look of expecting the confirmation he was looking for.
I smiled big and nodded to confirm his suspicions, he quietly fist pumped, “yes!”
Twilight glanced back to see dad quickly put his hands down to quickly wave at her before vanishing back into the motorhome.

When I caught up to her, we both locked arms as we walked side by side across the parking lot.
“Your parents were expecting us to do something finally huh?”
“Well, not to the extent they assumed, but,” I kissed her on the cheek, “they can guess that, well,”
“Are working on establishing being an item?”
“One way in putting it, but yeah.” She paused long enough to kiss me on the lips before we continued walking.
“I don’t think i’ll be able to stop that long enough to even make it to this view point.”
Our walk was quick as we were already making our way up the ramp towards the top of the view point platform. I think so too now thinking about it, If we can keep our lips off each other’s faces long enough, we can enjoy the kisses as well the awesome view I’m trying to show her.

Which thankfully, we both concentrated on getting up to the platform long enough before we both hugged each other and kissed once more. When we stood in eachother’s arms to look out at the sea, I quickly pointed towards the sun.

“Look, we made it!” she looked to see the sun set behind the ocean’s horizon, she gasped in awe while she gently tightened her arms around me.
“I have seen sunsets before, But, this is most amazing, guess it’s because-”
“-You can enjoy it with someone?”
“yeah.” she nuzzled her head into my chest.
“J.E. can I say something?”
“Sure.” we looked at each other, “I, I know that we’ve had this kind of feelings for each other for a long time now, aaand I guess I was hesitant because of how often you have been around the other girls while they were around.”
“But you know that it was difficult to feel what I feel for you know towards them because they all, well, felt more like friends than anything, so, you are trying to say that-”
“-that well, I guess we just needed to be somewhere romanticly pleasant to pull it out of us…” she gently caressed my cheek, “J.E., I, I love you.” those words felt like a warm, fuzzy branding iron across my heart, Which brought a warm smile to my face.
“I love you too Twilight.” we kissed deeply before pulling back to look at the setting sun. she sighed contently, comforted that both of our feelings for one another were on the same page, same sentence and on the same paragraph.

We fell silent for a long time while the sun slowly faded away and the night sky slowly revealed it’s star studded face to the world. We didn’t move from where we stood on this platform. Taking in each other’s warmth as well feeling the very energy of our newborn love.

However, it was not meant to last,

“I think we should be heading back.” I spoke finally, breaking the silence.
“Nuuu.” She nuzzled herself into me more, “Not going anywhere!”
“Well, I think cuddling under blankets would beat standing out here like this any time of the day now would it.” if she were still in pony form, her ears would of perked up in a heartbeat.
“What? that’s right!!” she seemed a little more excited than she should be before taking my hand and almost dragging me back down the walkway towards the parking lot.
“I’ve been wanting to do that with you personally since we’ve met, if I’m not to bold to say so.”
“Not at all, Now that you're my girl, it should be a given right to cuddle with me.” She froze in step to look back at me.
“You’re gi-” she giggled as she replayed the words in her head before we walked back to camp.

We helpped my parents wrap things up for the night after having dinner and s'mores. Joey took to sharing the bed with my parents while Twilight and I got the bunk bed, above the cab.

Before anything more took place, we still slowed ourselves down in the form of taking turns getting dressed in the small bathroom. Out of not only setting the pace for us but for respect of the other occupants in the motorhome. The one thing that ran through my head as well Twilight was how my son was going to take it.

For now, I believe he’ll be too young to understand till we both can explain things to him if Twilight and I go far together.

After saying our good nights to my parents, we climbed up into the bunk bed and once under the covers, She curled up against me. Her body adding an awesome, extra layer of awesome comfort to this.

“You sure they’ll be fine with this?” Twilight whispered as she rested her head near mine.
“Yeah, like you said,” I turned till our faces were facing each other, “They have been expecting this for a while too.”
“Nice, at least I won't be overstepping any real boundaries right?” I kissed her in response.
“You, will be fine, I just think we are going to have to address the issue of five broken hearts when they get here. They do know where to find us right?” I whispered to her.
“Oh, yeah, but I’m in nooo hurry for them to get here.” She kissed me deeply, “I want to enjoy this in peace as long as possible.” I wrapped an arm around her.

“Me neither.” We kissed a few more times before we broke away to get nestled in our pillows and each other's embrace.

“good night, Love you Twi.”
“Good night, Love you too J.E.”

Unlike her, i couldn’t sleep right away. It didn’t take her long to drift off though. Since she was up here in my arms and not alone on the couch below, it was very easy for her to fall asleep.

No doubt about it. So I used the moonlight, and that bright-as-hell light that illuminated the entire campground. To watch her sleep while my mind wandered and recapt the entire afternoon. I went from being stuck in a writer’s bloc to coming back to going to bed with a wonderful woman who had been in love with me for a while.

Sure strange how things roll, but it worked in our favor in a major way. I gently shifted a strand of hair out of her face. She looked so gorgeous, awake, asleep, she had natural beauty about her regardless of the place or time.

I’m just very fortunate that I was the Earthling to be able to be this intimate with not only an equestrian, but an Alicorn Princess.

As I finally felt the weight of sleep press on my mind, I gave the new love my life a gentle kiss on the forehead before getting comfortable to let sleep take me.

I just only hope that this isn’t a dream.

Author's Note:

A creative way to pratcie intamacy in my writing. I just wonder if it turned out okay for the eye to read...

AAAnd yeah, I just did a thing, that wasn't a thing, but still a thing...oh well i still shipped it XD