• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,136 Views, 2 Comments

Twilight and the Quesadilla - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Princess Twilight Sparkle has only one thing she hates the most in Equestria... Quesadillas. Unfortunately, a nighttime meal with it's cousin is not always the best alternative... Especially before bedtime.

  • ...
0
 2
 1,136

Chapter 1: Twilight VS the Quesadilla

Author's Note:

*I only own the ideas story. All My Little Pony characters, places, etc., belong to Hasbro and DHX. My Little Pony All Rights Reserved.*

*Words in italics mean it's a dream*

Chapter 1: Twilight VS the Quesadilla

Twilight sat in the Golden Oaks Library, reading a book on her bed. It was one about the stars and other constellations of the night sky by 'Starswirl the Bearded'. It was quiet interesting.

"Twilight! Dinner's ready!" Spike called from the kitchen. Twilight smiled, knowing whatever Spike had in store would be good to eat. She bookmarked her book, then trotted down the stairs to greet her loyal assistant.

"So Spike. What are we having?" Twilight asked as she approached the table.

"Tacos!" Spike answered. There was a plate of soft and hard shell tacos made of corn shells, with beans, hot sauce, vegetables, apples, and berries on the sides as options.

"This looks delicious. Thank you Spike," Twilight complimented before filling her taco with her options of berries, an apples and some vegetables. Spike did the same, but also added beans and hot sauce. The two friends ate together, enjoying the meal. Heck, they both even went for second tacos. They were just so good!

Eventually, after eatting dinner, Spike did the dishes as Twilight helped dry them with a towel using her magic. Once that was done, the two had time to themselves. Twilight continued reading her book, while Spike read a comic book. After several hours of reading, it was bedtime.

"Oh my. Time for bed already?" Twilight commented looking at the clock. Spike noticed the time too and agreed with her. After putting their books away, both Twilight and Spike got ready for bed.

"Goodnight Spike," Twilight said as she covered herself with the bed sheet and blanket.

"Goodnight Twilight," Spike replied before he too fell asleep. They both breathed steadily as they drifted into a nice, calm, peaceful slumber. Twilight dreamed happily, as she smiled at her wonderful imaginations.

Twilight was happily trotting through a field of flowers, enjoying the scenery. But it seemed to be a bit too peaceful. Why was she alone? Where was everypony? And her friends?

Suddenly, a castle appeared in front of her. The castle was made of books, which the alicorn found rather interesting. She ran towards it, getting closer and closer until eventually she reached the door. She knocked first to make sure somepony didn't live there.

"Hello? Anypony there?" Twilight asked as she knocked. The door opened to reveal all her friends.

"Howdy Twilight! We were wondering what was taking you so long!" Applejack said curiously, but in a polite way. Twilight trotted in as her friends trotted next to her.

"We found some old stuff in a chest in this castle. It's awesome!" Rainbow Dash said, punching the air with her hoof.

"We were wondering if you would like to join us in just hanging out and have fun?" Fluttershy added gently.

"Of course!" Twilight agreed as the group headed down a hallway, and after several doors down, opened a door on the left.

The room was huge, with purple carpet, seven beds - Spike sitting on one of them- a big wooden chest at the end of the room, the walls painted light blue like Rainbow Dash's coat, the ceiling painted like the sky, and the rest of the room filled with bright colors of various objects. Including a clock on the wall.

"We found the chest in this room. Rather odd, but still, we found some items we wanted to play with," Rarity said calmly as the group walked into the room, Pinkie Pie closing the door behind them. The group then walked to the chest and opened it. The chest was filled with colorful blankets, a big rainbow colored parachute, flashlights, a radio, hats, and other items.

"Cool! So, what should we do first?" Twilight asked her friends.

"Whatever you want to do, Twilight!" Applejack replied. Twilight then suggested they play with the objects one at a time. First, they decided to play with the rainbow colored parachute. Everypony took turns jumped off the beds, using the parachute to slow their falls. As they did, every time one of the ponies used the rainbow colored parachute to slow down ttheir fall, upon landing on the carpet, the parachute would fall on top of them, entangling them in it's colorful, soft, silky blissfulness! It was both fun, funny, and sometimes even scary getting tangled up in the parachute. They all looked like rainbow colored ghosts while trying to get out of the parachute! Even Rainbow Dash thought it was awesome! Poor Fluttershy though, did have some trouble getting out though since she kept panicking. She too eventually got out.

Twilight and her friends also did other activities such as singing to songs, dancing, listening to music, wearing hats, playing with the other items like reading books, drawing, wearing the blankets as capes as they pretended to be super ponies, use pillows for pillow fights, creating a jungle out of the pillows, making a fort from the pillows and parachute. It was so much fun! They even played in the dark, like reading ghost stories, did shadow puppets using bed sheets and flashlight, pretended to be ghosts under the big rainbow parachute or bed sheets and/or comforters from the beds, and pretended to be around a fire by using the flashlight. Everypony was having an awesome, fun, safe time!

Back in the real world, Twilight smiled and giggled as she dreamed of herself playing with her friends. She tossed snd turned, under the covers, as she unintentionally wrapped herself in the soothing, silky warmth and blissfulness of her bed sheets and comforter. However, as she dreamed, it would soon turn into her worst nightmare:

"Wahoo! Wow, this is so much fun! Thank you girls," Twilight said as she and her friends put the items away in the chest to play with later.

"Yeah! Besides, it's dinner time!" Applejack mentioned now looking at the clock in the room.

"Ohhh! What's for dinner?" Twilight asked curiously. Pinkie Pie grinned happily.

"No worries Twilight! I got this!" Pinkie Pie said before she bolted out of the room. After several minutes, she arrived back with plates filled with food and apple cider to drink.

"Here we are girls! I got apple cider, nachos, apples, beans on the side, and mashed potatos for all of us! Dig in!" Pinkie Pie said as she passed plates and napkins to everypony as well as Spike. Everypony ate their meal as they talked about their other daily acivities, or whatever was new in their lives.

Everything tasted delicious. Even the nachos, which Twilight was afraid would be too cheesy. Luckily they weren't. In fact, Pinkie had placed the nachos on top of each other, which made them look interesting since they reminded her of -

"Oh sweet Celestia ... " Twilight said faintly. Unfortunately, Pinkie heard her.

"What is it Twilight? Is there something wrong with your meal? I'm sorry! I can go fix you something else if you want," Pinkie Pie asked her, curious if she had done something wrong with the meal.

"No, not at all. The food is delicious Pinkie Pie! Honest. But, I AM curious, why did you put the nachos on top of each other? Kind of looks like a nacho sandwhich," Twilight commented. Pinkie Pie smiled and laughed.

"Oh Twilight! You're funny. There's no such thing as a nacho sandwhich. I stacked them so it would be easier for everypony to eat them. But you do make an interesting point! Hehehe, funny, they kind of look like a big quesadilla!" Pinkie Pie replied, not only accepting Twilight's compliment, but also understood where she was coming from.

"Indeed!" a deep, voice spoke out of nowhere. It sounded like it had come from the food. Suddenly, the nachos began to move and mix together, getting bigger and bigger as they did so. Twilight and her friends gasped in horror as their nachos had turned into a giant quesadilla. How in Equestria was this possible?!

"Finally! Twilight Sparkle, you have avoided me for too long now! And with your friends joining you, I can now show you seven the joys of the quesadilla! Oh how delicious!" the quesadilla said in it's deep voice.

"Not this time!" Twilight said, a slight sense of fear in her voice. She smiled and nodded to her friends. Fluttershy flew up to the giant food and gave it her stare.

"You listen to me you big, cheesy meanie! Nopony threatens Twilight! And I mean NOPONY! Now change back to nachos and leave us alone!!!" Fluttershy demanded, hoping her efforts would work. The big quesadilla was silent then laughed.

"Silly pony! Your stare and insults will not wotk on me! Such a CHEESY effort!" said the quesadilla before it shot Fluttershy with cheese, causing her to fall to the ground in a cheesy, gooey mess.

"Fluttershy!" everyone cried out as their enemy laughed.

"Hey! Nopony hurts my buddies like that!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, zooming around the giant food, hoping to trap it in it's own cheese. She zoomed faster as she went, while the others helped Fluttershy.

"Feel my rainbow!" Rainbow Dash said, blasting the quesadilla with a mini sonic rainbow! It splashed the giant food, spreading it on the floor and walls, but only getting rid of half of it. Suddenly, the cheesy mess reformed to it's giant form again.

"Hahaha! Nice try, but your rainbow isn't going to stop me!" the quesadilla stated, as it head butted Rainbow to the ground.

"Rainbow Dash!" everypony exclaimed, running to their friend.

"Try this on for size! Haaaayeeeaah!" Applejack said, before flying towards their enemy with her back hooves aimed right at it. She flew towards the quesadilla, and kicked it as hard as she could! Cheese, meat and cut up peppers shot out for the back of the quesadilla, the shell cracking open from the kick. But just like Rainbow Dash, the food reformed itself.

"Impressive kick, but I'm afraid, you only managed to meet your doom!" the quesadilla responded as Applejack quickly realized her back hooves were stuck in the insides of the giant food ... and he was pulling her into him.

"NOOOOOOOO!" Applejack cried out, sucked into the giant food.

"Applejack!!!" Twilight and her friends cried out in fear, Twilight zapping the quesadilla will her magic, getting her orange pony friend free and a chance to escape. Twilight and Rarity nodded as they blasted their magic at the big quesadilla, breaking it into chunks, and not stopping. Unfortunately, as they kept blasting, the quesadilla just kept reforming itself. Not even magic could stop this enemy!

"Okay tough guy! Let's see how you like being burned!" Spike stated before blasting the giant quesadilla with a mouthfull of gren fire!

"NOOOOOO!" the quesadilla cried out as Spike's fire burned the food as hot as it could get. Even the cheese and meat couldn't reform when it was so hot.

"You're doing it, Spike!" Twilight cried out with joy. Spike kept burning the big quesadilla until it was nothing but a cheese and meat poodle. Everypony cheered and hugged Spike. However, evdn in their victory, they didn't notice that the quesadilla was slowly starting to reform again.

"Thank you dragon. For making me more crispy!" the quesadilla said as everyone gasped. Twilight then turned to the chest and got an idea.

"Quick everypony! The parachute! Let's trap him under it!" Twilight said racing to the chest of items, her friends doing the same. They grabbed the big rainbow parachute they had played with earlier, and grabbed a corner before rushing towards their enemy. Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy each had a part of the rainbow parachute in their mouths as they charged forward. As soon as they got close enough, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash jumped into the air, flew fowards, and pulled down the rainbow parachute over the big quesadilla creature! The quesadilla struggled under the parachute, more like a rainbow ghost. Twilight and the others cheered, feeling that they now had a chance to escape.

"Come on! Let's get out so we can find something helpful to defeat him!" Twilight suggested before she and her friends trotted towards the door.

"Oh no you don't!" exlaimed the giant quesadilla, throwing the rainbow parachute off of itself and onto Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" screamed Twilight and her friends

"Quick! The chest! Maybe there's something in there we can use to defeat him!" Twilight suggested, running towards the chest they had gotten the items from. Her friends following her in agreement. Unfortunately, this also gave the giant quesadilla an idea.

"The chest? Good idea!" the quesadilla said before releasing strings of cheese towards the chest! The cheesey strings got to the chest before Twilight and her friends could, and grabbed the colorful blankets. The stringy cheese grabbed the colorful blankets by the corners of the fabric, making almost sideways parachutes out of the blankets ... And they were heading for Twilight and her friends!

"Look out!" Twilight cried out in surprise, seeing the blankets heading their way! Twilight and Rarity teleported away, Rainbow Dash flew above the blanket coming in her direction, while Pinkie Pie and Applejack quickly dodged theirs. Fluttershy however wasn't quick enough.

"Ahhhhhhh!" screamed Fluttershy as she got trapped in a yellow blanket, unable to get out!

"FLUTTERSHY!" everypony exclaimed in shock seeing what had just happened to their friend. This distraction quickly backfired as both Pinkie Pie and Applejack quickly got trapped in a pink and orange blankets!

"AHHHHHHH! Somepony help me!" Pinkie Pie cried out, trying to get free.

"AH! AHHHHHHHH! What in tarnation?! Help!" called out Applejack as she too was trapped in her own blanket.

"PINKIE PIE! APPLEJACK!" Twilight Rarity, and Rainbow Dash exclaimed in shock. It suddenly got worse! As the blanket covered ponies struggled to get out, the cheese strings were pulling their blanket covered friends right towards the giant quesadilla! He was going to devour them!

"Fluttershy! Applejack! Hold on! I'm coming!" Rainbow Dash said, flying over to help her friends. What she didn't know was a blue blanket was heading her way!

"Rainbow! Look out!" Twilight warned her. She was too late! As Rainbow Dash flew over to help Fluttershy, the blue blanket flew out of nowhere in front of the cyan pegasus, trapping her in the blanket as she flew Into it!

"RAINBOW DASH!" Rarity and Twilight cried out.

"AHHHHHHH! Help me! Get me outta here!" Rainbow Dash screamed, now flailing under the blue blanket she was trapped in. Rarity looked at her friends and at the giant quesadilla, determined to help their friends.

"This blanket invasion ends NOW!" Rarity said running over to help their friends out of their blanket traps. A white blanket kept flying in her direction but the fashion unicorn teleported out of the way each time it approached her! She teleported to where theur friends were, but once she did, she didn't notice the white blanket hovering over her. It dropped on top of her without warning.

"Yes! Now I just - Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" Rarity exclaimed in surprise now trying to fight her way out of the white blanket entangling her. Not even magic worked. The blanket was twisted around her horn!

"HELP! Help! Get me out of this thing!" Rarity cried out, flailing about under her blanket desperately. Twilight blasted magic like there was no tomorrow! But no matter how much couldn't handle it anymore! Her friends were in danger and it was HER responsibility.

"Quesadilla! Stop! Let them go! If you do, you can have me!" Twilight offered. She'd do ANYTHING for her friends to be free. The giant quesadilla laughed as it continued to pull her fabric friends towards him.

"Even if I just consumed you, your friends would fight me to save you! Besides, I can't allow any pony to get in the way of my cheesey goodness! Besides, there's still one of your friends I need to take care of!" the quesadilla retorted. Twilight quickly followed the food's gaze and gasped. NO!

"No way!" Spike said as a green blanket flew in his direction. Green flames burst from his mouth, burning the fabric. Hopefully Rarity could forgive him for this! After a minute of fire breathing, Spike waited. The blanket still floated in mid-air unaffected.

"Did you REALLY think I'd let you burn your blanket trap?! Sorry, this on is fire proof!" the giant quesadilla said before the green blanket started to entangle Spike!

"AHHHHHHH! Help!" Spike cried out in shock, battling the green blanket.

"NOOOOOO! SPIKE!" Twilight cried out before leaping over to the dragon. No! NOT SPIKE! He was like a BROTHER to her!

"TWILIGHT!" Spike exclaimed as his claws and her hooves met. They held on tight, not letting go.

"NO! Spike! Don't go! I love you! I'm sorry!" Twilight cried out, tears streaming from her cheeks

"I love you too, Twilight! I forgive you!" Spike replied back. All they wanted to do was hug each other if they could! Soon the dragon she knew was entangled in the green blanket and flew out of Twilight's hooves! Now ALL of her blanket covered friends were at the cheesey parts of the giant quesadilla! They were doomed!

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!" Twilight cried out, blasting magic with all her might! She tried to safe her friends! She really did! But they were vanishing before her eyes! Stuck under blankets and being taken to a cheesey doom!

WHOOSH! A purple blanket flew right at Twilight! There was no time to react!

"NOOOOO! AHHHHHHHH!" screamed Twilight as she got tangled up under the purple blanket, flailing about to get out! She couldn't use magic; Rarity had proven that. She fought as hard as she could but couldn't escape! It didn't take long until minutes later she was to meet the same fate as her friends! ...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No! Please! Stop!!! Applejack! Rarity! Rainbow Dash! Fluttershy! Pinkie Pie! Spike! Somepony help me!!!" screamed Twilight as she flailed about, tangled up under her bed sheets and blankets, her eyes still closed, and her mind still trapped in her nightmare. Suddenly, she rolled out of bed, still entangled under the covers.

"Huh?!" Twilight exclaimed jolted awake, opening her eyes. Twilight quickly realized she was alone in the dark, trapped under a soft material, and with the nightmare fresh in her mind, that could only mean one thing!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Help! Spike help! The quesadilla's got me!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Twilight screamed in fear, as she thrashed and flailed around, struggling to get out of the "quesadilla", which was really her bed sheets and blanket. Poor Twilight looked like a ghost as she struggled under her sheets and blanket! As Twilight struggled and screamed, her eyes started to water. She didn't want to be defeated like this! Was this the end?

"Twilight!" a voice exclaimed as Twilight felt the covers move around until eventually Spike managed to pull the sheet and blanket off of her. The sunlight now slightly shining in the bedroom.

"Twilight! Are you -" Spike said until he was grabbed.

"Spike!" Twilight said before she grabbed the dragon in her hooves, hugging him tightly, crying her eyes out. The nightmare was still fresh in her head.

"Twilight, it's okay. It's okay," Spike comforted his friend, hugging her and patting her back.

"It was horrible! I was hanging out with my friends, then Pinkie's nachos turned into a quesadilla! We couldn't defeat it, and it trapped my friends and I in blankets before eatting us all! Even you! Oh Spike! I'm so SCARED!" Twilight exclaimed in terror, tears coming down her face, and breathing heavily as she struggled to calm down. Spike listened while trying his best to comfort the distressed alicorn.

"Shhhhh. Shhhhhh. It's okay Twilight. You're okay. I'm here for you. Everything's okay now. It was a nightmare. It's okay. Take deep breaths. I got you," Spike replied, softly soothing Twilight as she started to calm down. After a minute or so of hugging, they separated.

"Hey, why don't we just hang out? Just relax for the day. Something to help calm you down?" Spike offered. Twilight smiled and nodded, wiping a tear from her eyes. Spike helped Twilight back into bed, and untangled her from her bed sheets and comforter. He then got some items from different sections of the room and went back to Twilight.

"Now, lay down under the covers, here's your Smarty Pants to cuddle with, here are some books, and here are some CDs that I am going to put on the table. I want you to snuggle Smarty Pants, and pick whatever book or music you want. I want you to stay here in bed and calm down. I'm going to go downstairs, and make Breakfast. Then when I come back, we're going to eat, and hang out. Don't worry about anything, and leave anything to me. Today, I want you to just relax and take it easy. Now, what do you want for Breakfast?" Spike instructed before asking his question. Twilight thought hard about her choice.

"Pancakes please. With syrup, and berries. And don't forget the napkins," Twilight responded. Spike nodded. He then went downstairs to make the food, as Twilight layed down, cuddled Smarty Pants, and decided to both listen to read and listen to music. She picked some calm, soothing music with a good Daring Do book. Something to calm her nerves. Spike returned shortly with Breakfast and they both sat on the bed, having a good time.

Once breakfast was over, Spike went to do the dishes as Twilight went to get washed up and ready. Once she was done, she went back to bed and continued to relax. And best of all, no more nightmares.

Comments ( 2 )

Does this mean Twilight is afraid of cheese?

8751521
I am not sure if Twilight is afraid of cheese. I just made this story to explain how she does not like the quesadilla

Login or register to comment