• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 2,296 Views, 33 Comments

The Unknown King - Chaos Nightmare



The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.

  • ...
28
 33
 2,296

The GGG remake

Two weeks passed as we went to Wonderland; (which went as well as you’d think; “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”) and let’s just say we beaten some card guards before heading our escape.

After that, we headed for the Deep Jungle where we fought an ape who wanted to ‘take over Tarzan family’. “Me take over for Tarzan with shadow creatures.”.

After that the gummi ship was making some strange noises; so we took it to Traverse Town to get it checked out. Gepetto found the cause; “Well, what kind of mess is this?! It’s like a monkey messing with a coo-coo clock!” but didn’t tell us why but did tell us what he needed to do. “I’ll just need some maintenance and it’ll be in good as new.” And after having to wait in a storage room for a few days; we were off the ground again.

As we were lifting off we received a message from Celestia as Gleaming Shield state was “Summon from the princess herself” and about something but wasn’t specific on ‘what’ this ‘something’ is.

“I wonder what Celestia wants?” I asked as we headed back to Equestria.

“I don’t know, maybe she wants an update? After all, we didn’t even tell her what we did on our first destination.” Moondancer thought.

I think for a second before saying. “Hopefully not since we don’t have much to report.”

“We ‘did’ spend a month and a half training with Phil, only to be told that we weren't good enough to be trained.” Gleaming ends with a huff.

“Well, we did get some good training that did help with the Card Soldiers.” I said as we floated over the world. “Alright, let's head to Canterlot.” I said as we stepped on our new teleport pad.

After the feeling of phasing in and out, we found ourselves at the train station in Canterlot. We headed to the castle, moments later we arrived at the gate. where we were stopped by the guards outside the castle.

“Sorry; the castle is in preparations for the Grand Galloping Gala.” The guard on the right said as Gleaming stepped forward.

“We’re here on the orders of Princess Celestia.” She said, showing the scroll with both emblem and signature of Princess Celestia.

“Alright then, I’ll go get someone to escort you to her.” The guard on the left said.

Before he was able to leave Gleaming stopped him. “No need, ‘I’m’ actually a guard, taking time off on another job so I can assist them.” She explained. Guards looked at each other unsure of themselves before letting us through, Gleaming Shield walked by them as we just followed her.

“Hope Shining Armor won’t get mad at us.” One of the guards I heard whispered to the other guard though I didn’t hear the rest as we were out of earshot.

In the throne room, we were greeted by Celestia herself. “Hello Huxley, Moondancer, Gleaming Shield.” She said looking happy to see us as Moondancer and Gleaming bowed.

“Hi.” I said casually, Gleaming and Moondancer looked at me all deadpan and tried to get me to bow. Celestia just giggled before I asked. “So what did you want to talk to us for?”

She magically brought out a box containing three golden tickets. “I wish to personally invite you to the Grand Galloping Gala.” She said.

I stared at her and asked. “Is that it?” All three of them looked at me funny though Celestia was just her raising an eyebrow. “I mean, the offer is nice, but you couldn’t have messaged us the tickets.” I said trying to understand.

“I ‘could’ have, but if I did message you with the tickets ‘or’ didn’t ask you to come; you might have gone off somewhere and not know about it, or you might lose the tickets during your travels.” She answered in a was and kind way, I sigh as a result.

“Well, I can’t argue there.”

“Very well then.” Celestia said clap her hands together. “I expect to see you all there then.” She said happily. I was hesitant to respond as I didn’t like parties that much but I couldn’t refuse a personal invite from a princess herself.

“Sure.” I said unsure.

“Excellent! I’ll have one of our tailors make you three clothings for the Gala.” Celestia stated.


As the week passed and we got ready for the Gala. I was given a nice suit from the people who designed Blueblood’s suits while Gleaming and Moondancer were given the royal treatment by Celestia's personal seamstress.

Then, the night finally arrived and headed inside a huge room where many peoples wearing fancy outfits mingled. The event was boring as for most of the night it was just nobles walking up to me asking who I was then telling me how ‘important’ they were. I rolled my eyes at every times it happened (which was a lot) because my suit made me look important. But as I was ready to go outside and get some air a woman walked up to me and spoke in a french. “Bonsoir sir.”

“Bonsoir mademoiselle.” I answered back before finishing up my drink but as I said that her face lit up with surprise.

“Tu parle Prançais aussi?” She asked as she grabs one of the cup glass with the stem filled with rich red cherry drinks.

“Un peu, pas beaucoup.” I answered.

“Très bien, Then we shall talk in Equish. What is your name?” She asked, switching from French to English as she took a light sip of her drink.

“Huxley, and your?” I said.

“Fleur de Lis.” She introduced herself. We just kept on talking as the night went on. We mostly talked about her, not that she was self-centered but mostly about what she did in Canterlot like the charities she ran and stuff like that.

As the party was wrapping up, I went to Celestia to say goodnight. That was; until the doors blew open and one of the lesser nobodies; Dusks; started to float/wiggled their way in and but they quickly stopped as a person in a black cloak entered the room.

Seeing this, I quickly summoned Kingdom Key and rushed her as she was clearly bad news. I was about to strike her when three Dusks rushed me and restrained me and pulled me four feet away from the Nobody. Frowning at what she's seeing, Celestia walked towards the coat figure as she summoned a marble colored rapier and asked in a calm tone. “Who are you?” The mysterious figure looked at her for a second before reaching for the hood and took it off to reveal a surprising sight. “L-Luna?” She gasps.

‘Luna’ spoke. “So, you do remember me, sister.” She paused as Dusks dragged out the other Luna. “Yet you replace me with ‘this’.” She gestured to the girl restrained as the nobody continues.“Let's not make this too confusing ‘sister’, you may refer to me as Xulna.” Xulna said.

“Sister!” Luna cried out.

“Silence ‘fake’!” Xulna said glaring at Luna in dislike. The Dusks squeeze the young luna who groan and wince but they stopped by the will of Xulna.

“Okay I don’t care who you are but you threaten both my people and my sister and I will not stand for that.” Celestia said scornfully as she took a lunge stance and dash at Xulna with a thrust of her rapier.

Xulna responded by summoning a scythe and sidestep with the pole of said weapon blocking the stab as it slid across each other. Seeing this Celestia flash appear a bit away by teleport and held her rapier upfront with stern eyes. Xulna snorted with a neutral expression as she has the pole of the weapon slung over her shoulder as she has her free hand to her side a bit twitchy.

I was watching this and couldn’t help but warn Celestia. “Be careful. We don’t know what will happen if you kill her, it might affect Luna as well.” I shouted as Celestia blocked a incoming blow from Xulna as she swung her scythe down.

Celestia asked an important question as they struggle to push one another back. “So why come here now? And not back then.” With a huff, Xulna uses Celestia's push to move back and jump one more for insurance.

Xulna responded with slamming her Scythe arrowhead part into the ground, causing a bit of debris where it hit break off that leave a cracked spot. “Simple, I wanted to see you again…. I was heartbroken to see that you replaced me.” She said sombered, evidence of a harsh tone escaped her lips, all the while Celestia took into the air.

“Don’t listen to her, she’s a nobody, she doesn’t have a heart.” I cried out on the restrain. Tching at the blunt words, Xulna dashed at me and gut-kicked me away, causing a gasp to escape my lungs as I skid to stop.

“What would you know you Incompetent FOOL!” She said bluntly in kind. She narrowly dodged an attack from Celestia as she descend with an aerial down swipe of her rapier. Seeing that there's no reason to go any further she flicked her hand beside her, a dark corridor opened up. The Nobodies soon warped away in grey and white thorn vines. “We'll meet again ‘Sister’.” She said giving the other luna a stern look before she walked through the dark corridor.

I quickly got up after feeling the restrains are gone to chase after her but was stopped by Celestia. “You have no chance of beating her.” Celestia said as the corridor vanish out of sight. Seeing that following the attacker isn’t an option she walked over to the young Luna. “Are you alright?” Celestia asked.

“Yes…. But, why did she call me a fake?” Luna asked. Celestia help her younger sister up as said girl wince when she tried to get up.

“Probably because she believes ‘she’ is the real Luna.” I answered with a wince as I held my chest for a bit.

“Whatever the reason, bring Moondancer and Gleaming Shield to the meeting room, I’ll gather the bearers of harmony.” Celestia said as I nodded in response.


A while later, I gathered Gleaming Shield who told me Moondancer went back home when she saw Twilight Sparkle. “I take it she doesn't want to see Twilight.” I said as we approached the throne room.

When we entered, all attention from the element bearers and princess went to us as their eyes are currently on us; hence the reason. Twilight was the first to speak. “Gleaming, is that you?”

“Hey cousin.” Gleaming said happily with a wave of a hand.

“Hello, Huxley...where's your other companion?” Celestia asked.

“She went to bed early so we couldn’t get her.” I said.

Celestia looked at me, feeling that there’s more to it but she didn’t push for more. “Very well then, could you inform her about what we’ll be discussing on a later note.” Saying this she return to her usual unreadable expression as she got straight to business. “Since now that we’re all here, we can begin. Earlier today, during the time of the Gala ending, we received a surprise visitor, namely Xulna, the nobody of Luna if I believe.” Celestia explained though six girls looked confused by this.

I then spoke. “I explained this to you before and you forgot?” I asked.

“Give us a break. It's been over two months since we last saw you, we have other things in mind too so don’t expect us to remember everything.” Rainbow said in her raspy voice.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. A Nobody is created when someone is turned into a heartless like Nightmare Moon for example.” I answered.

“Alright then, what does she want anyways?” Rainbow asked.

“We don’t know.” Celestia said. “Her ulterior motives are unclear, that gives me great concern.” Everyone looked around nervously.

“And what do you think this ulterior motive was?” I asked.

“I don’t know but I do know this, you need to is get stronger Huxley. Its quite clear she won't come quietly and your strength is much to be desired.” Celestia said to me as she turned to the element bearers. “As for you six, you need be ready if she goes after you.”

“Don’t worry Princess we’ll be ready for her.” Twilight said.