• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 2,278 Views, 33 Comments

The Unknown King - Chaos Nightmare



The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.

  • ...
28
 33
 2,278

New world remake

As morning came I decided to head to Traverse Town to buy a gummi ship. Walking out of the castle while remembering my Canterlot Castle Pass this time. Lucky that I did cause few guards ask for one everytime I pass through except those who knew me for a short time.

Stepping out and into the garden's fountain, my eyes spotted Celestia greeting a group of children. “Hello, Huxley.” She said.

“Hello, Celestia. What's with the kids?” I asked.

“I’m hosting a school trip from my school.” Celestia answered.

“That’s neat. I’m heading out, I’ll be back by tonight.” Informing her of my plan.

“Have fun.” She said as her attention return to the class, I walked away.

After I got far enough away from the castle I went into an alleyway and opened a Dark Corridor to Traverse Town before walking into it.

---

As I exited the Dark Corridor I was in the Second District alley. Lamp posts lit up for those who walk among the streets at night. Waterway just beside the wall, buildings on the opposite side.

“I hope nobody saw me come out of that thing.” I said, closing the dark portal and walking towards a gate.

As I entered the third district I saw a pink haired woman fighting a group of Shadows. I ran down the ramp and summoned my Keyblade and hit a few of them. She looks over a moment before getting back to the fight, making quick work of them even using circular attacks that dragged some in and cut ‘em down.

After a few minutes of hitting heartless with my keyblade, the remaining heartless scattered and fled. I took a few deep breaths until a gunblade hung right near my neck by the women. “Who are you, and why do you have a keyblade?” She questioned.

“Whoa! Easy lady.” I said, backing up with her following similar steps with the blade still at my neck before my back press against the brick wall. Leaving no room to try any assault or chance to run away.

“No, you're going to answer my questions now!” She demanded. Pressing more flat side of the blade at my skin, she's in no mood.

“Fine. I don’t know why I have the keyblade and my name is Huxley.” I answered. She glared at me without shifting her emotionless expression before letting her gunblade down. I sighed as she looked at me. “Know anyplace I can buy a Gummi ship?” I asked.

“Why do you need a Gummi ship?” She asked.

“To get to other worlds?” I answered, confused. Thought it would be obvious of the purpose for such a spacecraft.

“No. I assume you already have one since your here. How did you get here in the first place?” She asked suspiciously.

“Actually, Keyblade wielders can use their keyblades to move from world to world. It's just not useful if you're moving in a group.” I explain. Her eyes glance at me for a moment before giving a quiet sigh. Turning in place towards a fleet of stairs while doing quick movements with her right arm as the weapon she held switch to gun mode before sliding it to her thigh weapon holster.

“Alright. I’ll take you to Geppetto.” She said before walking with me following behind.

“Geppetto?” I asked.

“He Traverse Towns designer for most constructions like building and Gummi ships for instance.” She stated.

“Wasn’t there a guy selling Gummi parts around here?” I asked. Could have sworn she glance at me.

“You mean Cid. He and those from Hollow Bastion returned to their world. leaving this place undermanned.” She said angrily. Now I knew when I was at least.

“Okay...” I said as we made it to Geppetto’s home as Pinocchio ran out the door.

“Be careful Pinocchio!” Geppetto said before he noticed us walking towards him. “Oh hello there Miss Lightning.” He said, now I got her name.

“Hello, Geppetto.” Lightning greeted.

“Hi.” I said.

“What can I do for you?” Geppetto asked.

“I’m here to buy a Gummi ship.” I said.

“Alright, do you have any munny?” He asked.

“Will this be enough?” I asked pulling out the bag of munny. “There should be at least 3850 munny in the bag.” I said.

“Yes, that should be enough for your gummi ship. It should be finished in a few days.” He said as he took the bag of Munny leaving for just a moment before coming back as he handed me the bag back with it being way less weight.

“Thanks.” I said as I took the empty bag back.

After buying the ship and parted ways with Lightning (who was at least less tense); I returned to Canterlot.

The next few days were peaceful, apart from a run in with Blueblood or two. Right now I’m at Moondancers house entrance.

“Hello, Moondancer?” I asked knocking on her door. Russling and slight movements were heard, door open a bit before opening it wider to reveal the owner.

“Oh, Huxley, hi.” She muttered, sounding not too enthusiastic.

“May I come in?” I asked.

Sure, but why?” Moondancer said, uncertainty before opening the door while moving out of way. I came into her house, she lead me to her library quarters.

“Well Celestia has tasked me with a job and I need help.” I said. She just hmm out of confirmation that she's listening while returning to her book.

“Well, you know Twilight. Why not ask her?” She asked not taking her eyes off her book.

“Because Twilight has other duties in Ponyville and this is taking her away from Equestria.” I answered, latter got her attention.

“Well, why me?” She asked.

“You are literally the only person I know that can help me with this...and the only other person I know.” I said honestly.

“Hmm, give me a day to think about it.” She said.

“Alright then.” I said, walking out. “It was nice to talk to you.” I said out of sight.

I walked into an alley, I opened a Dark Corridor to Traverse Town again. This time I was in the alleyway behind the hotel. After closing it, I walked through the hotel to the second district, than to the first District where I entered a workshop where Geppetto, who was giving a puppet some final touches. “Hello Geppetto, I’m here for my Gummi ship.” I said with a hint of nervousness in my voice.

“Ah hello, umm, I never got your name.” He asked.

“Huxley, my name is, Huxley.” I answered.

“Right, Huxley, let me take you to the Gummi hangar for your ship.” He said as we walked out of his workshop and towards the large doors that lead to the fourth district, then through there to the Gummi hangar. As we got to the Gummi hangar Geppetto stopped in front of a red gummi ship. “This is your gummi ship.” He said as I looked at it.

Its appearance with a box square base with a dome on top where the cockpit is, having pair of wings on either sides with a square cylinder sticking out as a nose before ending in a diamond tip. Two booster or engines on the back to push it forward, lastly; (if I was inside of its point of view) the left weapon is a single fire gummi while the other side beside it is a V-fire Blizzard weapon gummi. Looking exactly like the Highwind from the first Kingdom Hearts game.

“Well thank you for building it in such a short amount of time; Geppetto.” I said, though I wonder. “Um how do I get in?” I asked as he opened up a hatch on the bottom of the ship near the dock. As he showed me in the interior on the bottom was a bathroom and a living area. On the second floor was the bedroom with three beds and on the top floor was the main room where I sat at the pilot's chair.

As I wondered how to start the ship, Geppetto handed me the key. “Here, Huxley.” I got up and followed him outside.

“Again, thank you for assembling this so quickly.” I said.

“No problem, it gives me time to spend time with my boy.” He said as he started to walk away. I returned to the cockpit and started up the ship before taking off. Yelping as I was blasted off before slowing down as he reached the atmosphere.

“Now what to name it?” I asked myself as I thought for a good minute before remembering the name I gave my Gummi ship back when these were just games. “Excaliburn.” I said as I grabbed the controls and started the engines. If sora can fly this thing I can fly this thing I thought as I began to move from the hanger bay into space.


[Canterlot, Celestia P.O.V.]

I was about to have lunch in my chambers before the afternoon of teaching at the school when Blueblood came into my studies. “Auntie, why is that peasant still around?” He asked.

“Peasant?” I asked before realising he meant. “You mean Huxley?”

“Yes, that peasant you invited him to be here under the pretence of adopting him and he said no, so why is he still doing here?” Blueblood asked.

“He is going to do a job for me, that's why he’s still around.” I said.

“What job?” He asked.

“Sorry that’s between him and I.” I explained.

“Fine.” Blueblood said before he left mumbling to himself.

As I took out my sandwich to eat I was interrupted by Luna. “Sister, we must talk about, Huxley.” She said.

“What is it, Luna?” I asked.

“We tried to gaze into his dreams for nightmares and it was guarded by some of the most powerful mental blocks we have ever seen.” Luna stated in uneasiness.

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked.

“Because there may be things he’s not telling us.” Luna said.

“Luna, you are being to worried, you need to relax. You just got back from the moon, you still need to get acquainted with your surroundings.” I said as she sighed.

“You’re right sister.” She said before leaving. She was right about one thing though, how did he know about those creatures.


[Huxley P.O.V]

As I landed the gummi ship in a clearing near the Everfree castle. I locked the ship up and opened a Dark Corridor to Canterlot. As I got back to the castle I saw Moondancer walking into the castle. I quickly caught up to her. “Moondancer!” I called as she turned her head.

“Oh, Huxley, I was just looking for you.” She said. Turning towards me fully. “I’ve come to take the offer you’ve given me.”

“Oh alright then let's find, Celestia.” I said.

We walked through the hallways in silence, not knowing on what to say. Moments later we took a turn to encounter Gleaming Shield, guarding the door to Celestia’s study.

“Oh, it's you. I’m sorry, Celestia is busy right now.” She said apologetically as she continued standing beside the door.

“Well, it’s important so we need in.” I said.

“Well if it's so important tell me and I’ll tell her.” She said.

“I can’t tell you it’s between me and her...and Luna.” I said as Moondancer looked at me confused.”You know what screw it I’m going in.” I said reaching for the door before I was encased in a pink bubble.

“Oh no you're not.” Gleaming Shield said as I looked around the bubble. I could easily escape via Dark Corridor but I wanted to keep that a secret till it was needed so I summoned my keyblade and hit the barrier a few time. Gleaming Shield keeped the barrier up without effort. “Give up you're not going to break that barrier.” She said as Celestia opened the door having a confused expression.

“Whats going on here… and why is Huxley in the bubble?” Princess Celestia asked.

“Oh your majesty! I was just following orders of keeping people out.” Gleaming shield said as she let me out of the bubble.

She sighed in relief. “Thank you but I was hoping to talk to him anyway.” Celestia said as I got up from the floor. “Let's talk in the throne room.” She continued as she noticed Moondancer who stood there and watched the scene before her. “May I help you with something?”

It took Moondancer a moment to realize the princess was talking to her. “Oh umm no your highness! I’m with Huxley.” She said as Celestia looked at me in confusion.

“I’ll explain in the throne room.” I said as she nodded and we walked to the throne room.

After a few minutes of walking we made it to the Throne room. “Alright Huxley, let's start with why Moondancer is here?” Celestia said.

“Alright. I invited her as I know I can't do the job alone.” I said.

“I would have assigned you a guard.” She explained.

“I’m trying to keep the group small.” I replied.

“Excuse me, but what IS the job?” Moondancer asked as she felt like they don’t know she's there and talking about her.

I looked at Celestia before asking. “Could you make sure nobody comes in to disrupt us?” I asked as she waved her hands and a shield was erected on the only door to the room and anther shine happen but nothing else was seeable.

“Alright, I cast a shield and silent spell. Nobody can come in or hear our conversation.” Celestia said as I took a sigh as I had a feeling this wouldn’t go well.

“Alright, before I start, whatever is said here must NOT be said outside of this room.” I said as both Moondancer and Gleaming shield looked at each other uncertainty and then me before nodding. “Alright. Before I go over the job I must ask, how many of you know the tale of Nightmare Moon?” I asked.

“I do but what does that have to do with anything?” Moondancer asked.

“Well; to put it bluntly; when Luna turned into Nightmare Moon a part of her split off. Her heart was Nightmare moon while her body is somewhere else.” I simply said.

They both looked at me like I was crazy. “You're joking right, that can’t be true.” Gleaming Shield said.

“It's true.” Celestia said as Moondancer and Gleaming Shield looked at eachother again but more on shock. “I wouldn’t believe it myself until I saw the Heartless myself.” Celestia said.

“What's a Heartless?” Moondancer asked.

“It's what happens when somebody falls to darkness.” I answered before clearing my throat for the next part. “Now; back to the story, when the Elements of Harmony purified Nightmare moon there was an event that's only happened once before she was returned to normal. However unlike the other time her heartless split off which I defeated with this.” I said summoning the keyblade.

“You could barely put a dent in my magic bubble, how could that oversized Key defeat Nightmare Moon.” Gleaming Shield asked in disbelief.

“Because it's the weakness to Heartless.” I answered. “Now as for the Job; remember how I said Luna split into two. Her heart and body, well were hunting for her body which has been active for the past 1000 years.” I said.

“Okay I’m going to ask this if this is real why haven’t we already found this other Luna if she has been active for a thousand years? We would have seen something of her by now.” Gleaming Shield said.

“That's because she isn’t on Equestria or any nation of this world.” I said.

As I said that they both looked at eachother then spoke in unison. “What?”

“Okay this is complicated to explain but basically every star you see in the sky is a different world and before you ask the reason nobody has said anything is because it was hard to get to other worlds.” I explain.

“Alright I’ll bite. If we really are going to other worlds then how are we getting there?” Moondancer asked as if this was a grand joke or some fairytale.

“I’ll show you tomorrow if you are still interested.” I said.

Moondancer sighed before asking. “Alright then, why tomorrow?”

“Well for one we need to take a train to where I hid the method and two you two need a change of clothing. We need to be inconspicuous and the guard look gives us away.” I said.

“Okay but I have a question. You said Luna was the second, who was the first?” Moondancer asked.

“A boy named Sora used a keyblade to release his heart as it contained the heart of his friend who just so happened to be one of the seven princesses of heart-” I said before i was Interrupted by Gleaming Shield.

“What like Princess Cadence?” Gleaming Shield asked.

Ignoring that question I continued. “Anyway Sora was turned into a heartless and followed his friend before she recognized him...somehow. And with the power of the Princess of heart she managed to turn him back to normal and unlike the Elements of harmony his heartless didn’t materialise again.” I explained.

“Alright then.” Moondancer said.

“Okay then.” Celestia started “Moondancer, you have the right to say no to this job if you so choose but you need to choose now.”

“Hmm… I agree to go, just out on curiosity.” Moondancer said.

“I don’t really have a choice on this?” Gleaming Shield asked.

“I was going to assign you to this job anyway, but if you don’t want to go...” Celestia said.

“No, it's a direct order from you, I can't refuse.” Gleaming Shield said.

“Right then.” Celestia said as we all got in line. “Your goal is to find Luna’s Nobody and bring her back to Equestria.” Celestia said as Moondancer and Gleaming Shield looked at Celestia.

“What’s a Nobody?”

“... Right, I knew I forgot something. Remember what I said that we’re going after Luna’s body, well when a Heartless is created a nobody is also created and that is the body of the original,” I explained as they looked confused. I sighed and started a lecture session. “Let me start from the beginning-”