• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 1,984 Views, 212 Comments

Bermuda Beginnings - ScarFox9700



The REAL story of Flight 19, and what happened in Equestria as a result of a pilot's arrival

  • ...
26
 212
 1,984

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Waking up, Making New Friends, and Getting Ready

The next morning, by about 8:00am, the sun was streaming in through the window of Taylor's room. For a moment, he thought that he was back on Earth, but when he looked down at the pony mare next to him, then he remembered.

"Oh yeah, I'm now in 'Equestria'. I crash-landed here yesterday, and have been here ever since."

Redheart began to stir as Taylor moved around a bit, and she kissed him good morning. Taylor looked her over.

"You look really cute with 'bedhead'." He blushed.

"Not as cute as you cuddling me in your sleep!" She giggled in reply.

After Taylor got up, he went over to the mirrored sink against the far side of his room. After bringing the water to the right temperature, he washed his face, put his hair back into place, and making use of the toothbrush and toothpaste that he was provided with, he brushed his teeth.

Then, after putting his shirt back on, Redheart let him lean on her, and they made their way out to the main hallway, to mingle with the rest of the ponies who were in that ward at the time. Of course, by the time word reached all of them that Taylor had been brought to the hospital the previous day, anypony who was able gathered in the hallway, waiting to catch a glimpse of the new creature that walked on two legs.

When Taylor walked down the hallway at Redheart's side, they all stared at him with wide-eyed wonder. Taylor stared back for a moment.

"Um.....hello." He said shyly.

Then many smiled, and after he sat down to breakfast in the cafeteria, he was swamped with questions; everything from his name, to where he came from, what he was, and how he got to Equestria. Taylor smiled. He surmised that ponies were naturally curious, and he was all too happy to answer their questions; it helped him to remember it all better.

As he was eating, Dr. Stables and his nurse assistant came over to him.

"Mr. Taylor?"

"Yes Doctor?"

"You need to pack your bags, clean your clothes, shave, bathe, and make yourself presentable. You too Miss Redheart. But not together!!!!"

"Whatever gave you that thought Doctor?" Taylor was visibly disturbed.

"I was just making sure."

"Well, sure thing Doc, but why do I need to do this?" Taylor was curious.

"Because we have to be on the train to Canterlot by noon, and get to the castle in time to meet Princess Celestia at precisely 4:00."

"P-p-princess?!?!?!" Taylor was shocked.

"I see that you need a crash-course lesson in Equestrian history, protocol, and way of life. As you clean yourself up and pack your bags, Miss Redheart, and my assistant here, Nurse Starlight, will instruct you."

Taylor had finished eating at this point, and stood up. "I'll learn as fast as I can sir, and I'll be the best Earth ambassador that I can be."

"That's good to hear. Now then, the clock is ticking, so you'd better hop to it!"

"You got it Doc!"

The first order of business was for Taylor to get his pilot's uniform cleaned, pressed, ironed, and deodorized. This took some doing, as the laundry at the hospital paled in comparison to the one at the base in Fort Lauderdale. Nevertheless, the staff followed the clothes's cleaning instructions to the letter, and while that was happening, Taylor was in a bathtub, being scrubbed down by the two nurses, all the while trying to take in all that they had to say.

".......And Princess Celestia has been the princess of Equestria for more than 1,000 years now." Redheart was saying.

"Are Alicorn's immortal?" Taylor asked.

"Not quite", Nurse Starlight answered, "They can however live up to 5,000 standard years, and then they pass on their powers to their successor. Celestia's mother, Princess Faust, passed her powers to her, just as her mother, Princess Stardust, passer her powers to her."

Suddenly, Taylor had a major epiphany. The legend said that the first ruler of Equestria was created by what the ponies called "The Master of the Universe". He created her, along with hundreds of other animals and creatures to live in a beautiful garden. This garden was created not long after the dawn of time, and there was no evil in the world back then. The gardeners were a bipedal creature and his mate, who had the special favor of the Master. This made the princess jealous.

The Master said to her, "Be content with your lot, for you will be the mother of a new race. A race that will one day live in peace and harmony with Humanity. History will remember you well, but beware!" He warned, "A misstep will bring a terrible suffering to your children, and only a descendant of the Man who has my favor, as well as the favor of my Son, will be able to stop it."

The young mare was very perplexed, but she didn't complain anymore. She then joined in with the rest of the creatures singing praises to the Master, also called 'The Creator'.

To make a long story short though, paradise didn't last. An evil snake came to the garden. The princess had the chance to warn the Man's mate, the Woman, or the creature's presence, but because she still felt a twinge of jealousy, she did not. This was the beginning of the terrible misstep that the Creator had warned her about.

The snake told the Woman to eat of a special fruit that the Creator had warned her not to touch, lest she would die. She ate it, her mate ate it, and the princess ate what the pair didn't. Now, Sin had entered the world, and everything suffered as a result.

The world was split into two; The Humans ruled part of it, now called "Earth", and the ponies, gryphons, dragons, and other such mythical creatures ruled the rest of it, with the princess, Stardust, as their ruler. Stardust ruled her new nation, called "Equestria", with a steady, but sometimes cruel rule.

Because she had eaten of the fruit as well, The Creator told her that she would now live longer than her subjects, but at the terrible cost of losing those that she loved to Death, and that she would live on without them. She would die eventually, but not before she had a daughter that would inherit her terrible curse next. The curse was then passed to Princess Faust, and from her, down to Celestia, and her sister, Princess Luna. It remained unknown where the curse would go from there.

Taylor sat back in shock once the words of his great epiphany sank in. The two nurses stared wide-eyed at the human, and wondered if he knew what he had just said. They needn't have wondered, for in that moment, Taylor had another epiphany.

"So if my calculations are correct, Equestria has always been ruled by a princess who lives in Canterlot, and if that princess always outlives everyone else, then that means", Taylor mused, "That Celestia's grandmother was the first ruler of Equestria, and since legend says that she lived in a beautiful garden before it got cursed, the aftermath of which brought her to Equestria, then that means that her grandmother was created by God Himself, and she lived in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve when God created Earth!"

Once Taylor had finished having his second epiphany, he looked up at the two nurses. He saw the looks on their faces, and he had more questions about what he had seen in his head, but he didn't dare ask. Instead, he decided to change the subject.

He asked instead about what he should expect when he arrived at the castle. He tried to keep listening to Redheart, but she just kept droning on and on about how beautiful Canterlot City was.

"Oh boy, will she ever stop?" Taylor thought to himself. The sun wasn't even fully up yet, and he knew that already, he was going to have a long day ahead of him.

Author's Note:

If you were wondering, yes, I did just talk about the Garden of Eden from the Bible. Why did I do that? Well, I like to think that, before the Fall of Man, creatures like Unicorns, Pegasai, Gryphons, and even Dragons actually existed. Sadly, the Fall changed all of that. Why did I make Taylor a Christian you ask? Well remember, Taylor is a part of the Greatest Generation. There were far more Bible-believing Christians then than there are today. Taylor fought in WW2, and actually was religious in real life. There will be many more references to God, Jesus, the Bible, and Christianity in general, so if you don't like it, then just stop reading this story. Otherwise, sit back, hold on, and keep reading, as very soon, Taylor will be having his first meeting with Celestia.

ScarFox out for Now!

PreviousChapters Next