• Published 3rd Oct 2017
  • 1,161 Views, 2 Comments

Spike and the CMC: Guardians of the Galaxy - JediAlexColbent



A thief, an assassin, a maniac, a talking raccoon and a tree-man. Add in a few ponies and a dragon, what's the result? Hell if I know.

  • ...
5
 2
 1,161

Losers in Space Part 1

Author's Note:

*sighs* You’d think I’d learn from my own track record of NOT finishing stories before starting new ones, but yet, here we are.


This is a fic that takes place in the same universe as My Little Avengers: Friendship is Marvelous. In the overall timeline of my planned series, this would take place about two years and three months after the events of the Battle of New York in Avengers. Through an unfortunate series of events, Spike, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo all end up stranded in separate parts of the greater galaxy beyond their homeworld, each one thinking that any hope of seeing their home and friends is lost. But when the hunt for the much sought after Orb is put into motion, both a familiar and unfamilar group of individuals will be brought together as danger, excitement and 70’s pop references fills their lives.


DISCLAIMER:

Drax: This petty author uses characters of which he owns NOTHING about!


Me: THAT IS TRUE!


Drax: They belong to Hasbro, Marvel and Disney!


Me: THAT IS ALSO TRUE!


Enjoy!





Prologue


Losers in Space Part 1

A swirling haze filled his mind. It tossed and turned with the memories that ran through his head before being flung into the cold void he was left to die in.


I was really worried about you, Twilight.” His own voice echoed in rattled relief.


You’ve become attached to the boy.” A cold baritone male said.


He’s a potent energy supply; nothing more.” A familiar raspy voiced female responded.


Perhaps your taste for Love has given you a change of heart?” A soft yet eerie male voice asked.


“You MONSTER!” His voice screamed with furious anger.


Give the Lady Death my humblest regards.” The baritone voice says.


A sudden cold sensation splashes over him.


Spike's eyes shot open as he inhales a long breath of air.


"Well, well, looks like we got a live one, boys!"


Standing around him were a group of bipedal creatures dressed in red leather like garbs. Some resembled Humans, while others veered slightly off. What caught his attention was the blue human-like creature with red eyes, stubble under it's chin and a glowing red... thing implanted at the top of its head.


This, among other recent events, elicited the following response.


"WHERE AM I?! WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT'S GOING ON?!"


The blue creature let out a throaty chuckle at this scared outburst. "Well, what do you know? It TALKS!"


Getting an uncomfortable feeling being near the blue creature, Spike fearfully attempted to back away, only to have the being's boot trap him by the belly, pinning him to the floor.


"Now what might you be, scaly?" It asked in a tone both gleeful and menacing at the same time.


Nervousness overtook him as his teeth and body shook underneath the creature's foot. "M-mmm my n-name is.. is.."


"Spit it out, already. I ain't got all day!"


"Hey, Yondu!"


The blue creature turned its head back with a hint of annoyance etched on its hairy face. Behind him, Spike could make out a humanoid being, similar to the ones he met with Twilight during his trip to Earth. He had fair skin, brownish red curly hair and deep blue eyes. He was wearing the same red garbs that all the other creatures wore.


"Woah. Those actually look pretty cool." Spike thought to himself.


"Maybe you might want to try asking nicely as opposed to splashing it with water and yelling at it, huh?"


Immediately, Spike decided that this one was his favorite among the group.


The blue being, Yondu, leaned down closely to the dragon, a little too close for comfort as his breath reeked of some scent he probably didn't want identified.


"Now I'ma ask real nice and slow, you hear?"


Spike shaked his head rigorously.


"Good. Now who or what are you, and what were you doin' out in the middle of space?"


"M-my name is Spike, I'm a baby dragon, a-and I was thrown into space through some kind of portal."


"Did he just say dragon?" The human behind Yondu questioned.


"I take it you heard of em', boy?" Yondu asked.


"Yeah, they're mythical creatures back on..." He hesitated just for a moment. "Where I come from."


"Wait, you're from Equis too?" Spike quickly asked?


Yondu and the other creatures simply laughed in response.


"I don't know what neck of the galaxy you came out of, scaly, but I'm sure as Hell that Quill over there ain't from it. Where he come from, people barely got to their own moon.


"Hell, even that's not believable to some people." The human named Quill scoffed.


"I don't know anything about no Equis, but I tell you what I do know: my boys are hungry, and they ain't never tasted no dragon before." Yondu said while licking his lips.


Spike's throat had made a large gulping noise in response.


Quill simply shook his head in disbelief. "Oh, c'mon, Yondu. Are you really pulling that kind of shit on this kid?"


Yondu jerked his head back to meet Quill's annoyed gaze with one of his own. "It ain't my fault he done wandered into someplace he shouldn't have."


Spike's temper inexplicably exploded at this remark. "I didn't wander here! I was thrown into space by some monster named Thanos!"


Whatever look of irritation from Yondu was soon replaced by one of pure fear and confusion, as was the case with everyone else.


"What did you do to piss off Thanos?" Yondu asked with his voice barely above a whisper.


"You know him?" Spike asked.


"I know enough to stay the Hell away from him. You musta done something either damn brave or damn stupid to get on his bad side."


Spike looked down at the floor with a glazed look in his eyes. "I think it was a little of both."


Quill moved forward towards the two and knelt down before the dragon. "Tell us." He said kindly to him.


Spike looked into the human's eyes before soon nodding his head and taking a deep breath.


Spike stood near his bed in the guest room of the Royal Canterlot Palace, fluffing his pillow to get it to the cloud like softness he preferred.


"I still don't get why Princess Celestia summoned you here on short notice, Twi. Normally, she'd have gotten the rest of the girls if it was important enough for a Royal Summons." Spike said to the lavender colored Alicorn lying in the much larger bed above him.


"I'm not sure either, Spike, but hopefully, it's not something too serious to involve bringing us all together. We've been through enough of that to last our whole lives."


"I'll say. By the way, thanks for letting me come along this time around. I felt kind of bummed that I didn't get to go with you guys to that one picnic."


"Truth be told, I didn't think you'd be interested in either. But I guess if I did bring you along, you wouldn't have freaked out when the girls and went shopping for the entire day until late at night."


Spike looked at the ground rather sheepishly. "I couldn't help it. I was really worried about you, Twilight. I felt like something had happened to you. Guess it was just me overreacting as usual."


Twilight looks over towards the baby dragon with a smile as she tussles his head affectionately with her hoof. "Or you were just being the sweet little dragon I know you are who cares a lot about his friends."


"Aww! C'mon, Twi." Spike said embarrassingly with a short chuckle.


Twilight soon got the into a proper sleeping position as the blanket around her levitated up the rest of her body.


"Goodnight, Spike." She said with a yawn.


"Goodnight, Twilight."


A calm silence cast itself in the dark room.


"Hey, Twilight?"


"Yes?"


"I.. I love you."


Twilight remained silent for a few moments before responding "I love you too, Spike."


The baby dragon snored loudly as he clutched at the white and purple pony shaped plushie softly and gently.


"Rarity..." He mumbled in his sleep.


A loud creaking sound stirred him very so slightly.


"Errgh.. Twi..?"


As his eyes slowly opened, they caught sight of an empty bed above and the door to the guest room slightly ajar.


"What the..?"


Spike rose from his bed while still holding his plush toy in his claws, carefully creeping up towards the crack in the door. Peering outward, he made out the shape of a small Alicorn turning left and then right before quickly trotting off down the hall.


Curiosity got the better of his child-like mind as he carefully creaked the door open and stepped out to follow.


Spike tiptoed along the winding and nearly pitch black corridors of the Palace, staying at least a few feet behind as to not draw attention. He kept his gaze focuses on Twilight's shadow and its event turn and twist. He decided he had to maintain the stealth and secrecy for fear of Twilight telling him to stay behind in his room. That, and it was very unusual for his surrogate sister figure to be warding around in the dead of night.


"Usually, it's me that does this sort of thing. What's gotten her so worked up?" He thought to himself.


Distracted by his inner musings, Spike wasn’t looking where he was sneaking and ended up bumping into a wooden pedestal in the hall, which held a rather expensive looking vase that soon began to wobble.


This sudden noise caused Twilight to turn back behind her for the cause. She only found an empty corridor with nopony else in it. She turned her head back down her path with a little extra gallop added in her steps.


Spike’s claw retracted away from the now secure vase as he peered out from behind the pedestal. Twilight was already long ahead of him.


That was a close one.” He thought.


Continuing down the dark winding path, he caught sight of the purple alicorn opening a large wooden door at the end of the hall. She quickly entered before shutting it behind her.

Spike waited a few moments to give himself a good sneaking distant away from Twilight as he slowly approached the door, it’s olden style design, large metal hinges and round steel handle exuding a foreboding feeling of dread the more he stared at it.


“Pull yourself together, Spike.” He said to himself firmly. “It’s just a door.”


He grasped the steel knocker, pulling it open with an uncomfortably loud creak. Before him were a long spiral of stone stairs that traveled down until they could not be seen thanks to the darkness below.


Spike swallowed a gulp as he cautiously lit a green flame from near his mouth. He wanted to have light wherever he was journeying downward to. He took a cautious first step, and then another, and soon, he found himself trudging down further and further away from the hallway he entered through.


He peered toward the stone walls to see his enlarged shadow cast upon them. If only he himself was that large.


As he ventured, he made out the faint noises of a voice not too far away. Stepping down further and further, Spike could identify it as female, but certainly not Twilight’s voice. No, this one was far too deep and raspy, and carried with it an echo that he could have sworn to have heard in only one other individual.


He had stopped at yet another archaic looking wooden door that stood open only by a small crack. Through it, he saw three radically different being all seated at a simply wooden table.


The first that he recognized was the smooth black pony shaped being with long seafoam green mane, a jagged crooked horn, antenna-like growths protruding from the head, silver translucent wings tucked in around the back and the dozens of holes around the legs. He’d recognize the deceptive Changeling Queen anywhere.


Chrysalis.


The second being was a little hard to make out under the long black cloak, but Spike could definitely see that it was a male based on the long white beard upon it’s brown-red face. His eyes were mere pinpricks of yellow in two deep black pits and under his nose was a large ring that stretched from one nostril to the other. He was pretty creepy looking to say the least.


But the final being that occupied the room was by far both the largest and the scariest. It was a large humanoid creature that sat in an equally large chair that hovered above the stone floor. It’s skin was a bluish purple that practically glowed while the rest of his body was adorned with large armor plating of gold and dark blue. But what really scared Spike the most about this being was his eyes. They were a cyan blue that pulsed of pure rage, power, and even evil.

“You’re acting recklessly, Chrysalis.” The purple being spoke in a deep baritone voice. “Leaving your throne unprotected for long amounts of time, and for what? To frolic in a despicably happy town amongst dirty peasants.”


“I must concur with Thanos, my dear.” The cloaked being said in an eerie tone. “What good is it to have a throne if you are so very far away from it?”


“If you must know, I obtain a larger amount of Love from Ponyville than I do here. True the love that the subjects of Canterlot hold for Celestia is strong, but those living in Ponyville have gotten to know their local Princess far better and more personally, thereby strengthening the love they feel for her ten times than that which I received here. It was a matter of quality over quantity.”


“I suppose that would make sense.” The eerie being said. “I still don’t understand why you brought the boy.”


“Pardon?” Chrysalis asked.


“The dragon.” The male called Thanos clarified. “Rare is a time that I ever see you without him sleeping a room or so away. You’ve grown attached to the boy.”


Spike’s eyes widened as his mind suddenly put two and two together. He had never accompanied Twilight to all those Royal Summons over the last year.


“He’s a potent energy supply; nothing more.” Chrysalis responded.


“Hmm.. Perhaps your taste for Love has given you a change of heart?” The cloaked being said, his words like a taunt at the Changeling Queen.


“I would choose my next words very carefully if I were you, Tirek. That little bag of scales means no more to me than you do.”


“Bold words from somepony who hides behind a face that is not her’s”


ENOUGH!” Thanos shouted. “We are not here to discuss the pointlessness of a mere child. I came to discuss upon your failings, Chrysalis.”


The Changeling Queen blinked in shock. “My.. what?”


“Through hearsay of my “informants” throughout the galaxy, I learned of six young women whose descriptions perfectly matched the ones you call “The Elements of Harmony.” If their information is correct, and it rarely isn’t, they’re currently living on Earth, the same planet that now houses the group of renegades that bested my Chitauri forces: The Avengers. My council told you to eliminate them, not send them to a world where they may very well find the means of returning!


Chrysalis’ eyebrow raised ever so slightly upon hearing the last two words uttered by the purple humanoid. “You mean the very same world that you deemed a “backwater and underdeveloped” cesspool that never could have the might to challenge yours, much less travel past their own moon? I believe those were your exact words when you described it to me, Thanos. So do tell me why it is not your fault for underestimating the strength of such a world and why it is my fault for simply taking your word.


Thanos leaned forward in his massive chair, his face a hair's length away from the Changeling Queen’s “I suggest you heed your own advice and choose your next words carefully.” He said with malice and rage dripping with each word.


Spike was certain that he could make out just the tiniest bead of sweat running down the Queen’s head.


The massive humanoid then returned to his previous seating position, and Chrysalis seemed all the more calmer for it.


“But you are right. As difficult as it is for me to accept, I.. miscalculated. But rest assured, that such an error will not happen again. I will see to Earth and the Avengers myself. But there is still the matter of The Elements of Harmony.”


Chrysalis perked up. “I should have destroyed them personally, I know that now. You need only send me there and I’ll-”


“No. I gave you the opportunity to do so and you failed. I shall send someone far less reckless to complete this task.”


“That is where I come in.” Tirek said.


Chrysalis’ face scrunched into a long scowl at the clocked being.


“Oh, come now. This isn’t a matter of “showing you up,” although superiority does feel nice. I seek to find the Elements of Harmony for a completely different reason: Their Magic. I also seek the Magic of Alicorn Sisters you so quickly banished to the same world as well. As for the Avengers,” Tirek turn to face Thanos as he spoke. “Well, I will defer to your judgment on what to do with them, my Lord.”


“Capture them if you feel you are able to, but I want them alive. The Elements of Harmony, however, must not be allowed to return to Equestria. They must die.”


Spike with a short gasp, found himself tripping onto the wooden door and soon fell with a plop into the room, drawing all three beings attention directly towards him.


Thanos was the first to act. With a raise of his golden encased hand, Spike’s body shot up from it’s laid out state and upward in the air, quickly flying towards the center of the table. He dare not look into the purple being’s eyes as he levitated less than a foot away, so he instead looked towards Chrysalis with a look conveying hurt and betrayal.


“You should have stayed in your room, Spike.” She said emotionlessly


“Tell me, child.” Thanos said. “How much of our conversation did you hear?”


At that moment, whatever sense of dread or fear that Spike had vanished when he remembered what they had said about his friends, his family, and his sister.


“All of it..” He said with his voice a whisper. “I heard it all. From Chrysalis impersonating Twilight, to her taking over the throne and banishing my friends and family, and how YOU helped her! Because of you, my friends, my sister, they’re all GONE! You MONSTER!"

Spike let loose a gigantic burst of emerald flame from his mouth directly on course for Thanos’ face. His stomach dropped instantly when he saw the purple humanoid reach a freed hand to casually catch the flames, right before he used the very same to grab Spike within a strangling chokehold.


“Yes.” He said staring into Spike’s horrified and watering eyes. “I am a monster. I’ve been regarded as one since the day I was born. But I am a monster with power. The most powerful monster of all. All those who have challenged me have been utterly destroyed by my power. But you need not be afraid for your family, your sister or even yourself. Death is a kind and caring mistress. Her beauty and fairness are nigh unmatched, as your friends shall soon know.”


Spike’s throat burned with the embers of his own flame and the force the mad purple being put onto his tiny windpipe as he was forced to look into Thano’s eyes, eyes that truly held conviction and belief in the words he spoke.


“Pity. I was considering having Chrysalis induct you into my services. You would have made a most promising son of mine. But it seems that fate has other plans.”


He then turned towards the Changeling Queen. “Chrysalis.” He simply said.


She seemed to hesitate for only a brief moment.


NOW!


With her eyes shut and a green glow from her horn, a gaping black hole was created that began to suck down everything in the room save for the three beings and one dragon.


“Give the Lady Death my humblest regards.” Thanos said before chucking Spike with a heavy throw right into the vortex that closed the second he passed through.


Spike never even had the time to scream as he felt all the air in his lungs had been forcefully sucked out of them. He tried to create fire, he clenched at his singed throat, he tried to feebly do anything to prevent him from slowly suffocating in an airless vacuum. But there was nothing that could be done.


His body soon turned unnaturally cold as bits of frost began to surround his now blood red eyes. This was it. After everything he had been through in his short little life, this was how it was to end. Never to see the Equestria Games in the Crystal Empire. Never to play with Cutie Mark Crusaders again in the bright rays of Celestia's warm sun. Never to tell Rarity how he truly felt about her. Never to see Twilight again in the middle of night when he had a bad dream and for her to tell him it was all going to be ok. The tears he shed soon became shreds of frost to join the growing amount on his freezing body.


The last thing Spike’s weak eyes saw before blacking out from the lack of oxygen was a blinding white light.


“And that’s about all I remember up until now.” Spike had finished.


Yondu had just stood there the entire time, his beady red eyes unblinking as he simply looked at the little dragon.


“You’re brave, kid, I’ll give you that.” Quill said to him.


“Why are we just standing here listenin’ for?!” A deep voiced humanoid with bumpy scarred skin shouted. “I say we drop him off on the nearest planet and get the Hell out of this quadrant. Let Thanos take care of his own mess.”


Several of the beings shouted in agreement as Spike started to shake with fear.


“Taserface is right!”


“He’ll get us all killed!”


Yondu then raised a blue hand high enough for his men to see. “No….” He said without facing them. “We’re keeping him.


“Wait, WHAT?!” Spike had instantly shouted. Many of Yondu’s men had also seemed to disagree with their leader’s decision as they shouted and protested.


Yondu turned full circle to face the complaining gang.


QUIET!” The blue skinned being screamed at the top of his lungs.


Not a single person uttered another syllable afterwards.


“If Thanos wanted this little reptile dead, then clearly, he got somethin’ that he don’t want anyone else to have! And that can be very useful to people like us.”


Yondu turned back to face the dragon.


“You said you can breathe fire, right, boy?”


Spike shook his head up and down furiously.


“Then show me.”


Spike looked down as the spot where Thanos had gripped his throat, his claws tracing the burnt scars that twitched to his touch.


He took a deep breath, his belly expanding with air, and out came a small ball of emerald flame the size of an apple.


Yondu looked at the dragon almost incredulously.


“I.. I was able to make larger ones before... “ Spike’s explanation soon died in his mouth at the mere thought of Thanos’ hand squeezing his neck.


“Hmm..” Yondu simply said. “Well, regardless, he can still be useful to us. As of now, this little lizard is officially a Ravager.”


The crowd seemed to accept their leader’s decision as they soon dispersed out of the metal hallway.


“W-w-wait! I don’t want to be a Ravager, whatever that is! I just want to go home!”


This reaction soon found Spike with another hand wrapped around his person, the only difference being this one was blue instead of purple.


“Listen here, runt. You better forget about whatever fairy tale place you came from, cause this is your home now. I could have let those boys eat you. I stopped them. Don’t you ever forget that.”


Yondu lowered his hands to the metal floor below and released his grip on the dragon. The second Spike touched it, he skidded away towards the nearest corner like a frightened small animal.


If one was observant enough, they would be able to spot a small flash of pain in the blue humanoid’s red eyes, right before it quickly faded with a quick blink.


“Quill!” He said turning to the human. “Show the boy around so he knows what’s what. I ain’t in the mood to play babysitter today.”


He soon walked off, leaving the curled up dragon and standing human alone together in the hall.


Quill blew some air out of his mouth as he cupped his hands into the pockets of his red jacket.


“So… Uhh… You’ve had a pretty weird day today, huh?”


Spike softly sniffled while still curled up on the ground.


Quill looked at the shaking scaly being with a look of dread.


“Oh, hey, hey, c’mon man. Don- I didn’t mean it like- ugghh.”


Quill quickly pulled something from his left pocket and handed it to Spike.


"Hey. Look at this. This here's a Troll Doll. You have trolls back where you're from?"


Spike looked up at the red haired naked human like doll with a face of disdain.


"That doesn't look anything like a troll. And why is he naked?"


"Because he is! Look, do you want the thing or not?"


Spike quickly snatched up the toy, but continued to whimper a little.


"Look, I'm sorry, alright? I know what it's like to lose your home all of a sudden, I do, ok? But let me tell you right now: you got lucky with Yondu. He doesn't usually take to kids that much."


"What so now I'm a kid? And how is that supposed to make me feel better?"


"Because if you do something to get on Yondu's bad side or piss him off, it means whatever chance you have of living a trouble free life will head straight out the airlock. Now I'm willing to stick my neck out for you once, maybe twice if I'm being generous, but I don't want to see you end up a meal for these guys, you follow?"


Spike simply nodded.


"Good. My name's Peter. You can call me Quill. Spike's yours, right?"


Spike slowly got up with a nod.


"Alright. Let's show you around the place. You hungry? We could head to the Mess Hall and get a quick bite."


A grumble from Spike's stomach told Quill all he needed to hear.


"Yeah, we're definitely headed to the Mess Hall."


The two crew members walk down the metal hallway, Quill talking about the layout of the ship while Spike still clutched at the little Troll doll given to him.

Comments ( 2 )

Cool start. Can't wait to see how you put the CMC in it.

8465079
Thanks. This was originally part of a larger chapter that also included the CMC, but I had yet to finish writing their "origins" in this fic, so I made it a two parter.

Login or register to comment