• Published 3rd Oct 2017
  • 1,212 Views, 5 Comments

Late Night Screening - Barracuda cyborg

  • ...
2
 5
 1,212

Enjoy the movie

Fluttershy has always been considered a scaredy cat when it came to things that surprised one in the night. Ever since she could remember, she was terrified of things that came out from the darkness and scared people, but tonight was going to help change that. Fluttershy stepped out of her house; her parents were a tad surprised that she was going to the movies at such a late time, but she promised to call them the moment her movie was over.

The fading twilight over the cityscape seemed almost too tranquil for what she was going to do, but she was too determined to quit now. She breathed a sigh of relief when the marquee shone as bright as moonlight against the streets of Canterlot. The line for the ticket booth wasn't exactly non-existent, but she could manage with what few people there were.

Fluttershy's wait wasn't long, and when it was her turn to request a ticket, she mumbled, "Uh, one for the horror movie." scratching her face.

The ticket taker seemed confused, "Which one? There's like four playing right now." The man responded, pointing to the sign above him.

"The um, one with..." Fluttershy couldn't seem to muster the words she needed to say. "The campers," the last part of her sentence came out forced, as if she had to say it fast or she'd choke up.

The man blinked. "Oh! You mean Masked Lunatic Massacre 4?" he asked, smiling.

"Yes," Fluttershy responded even though she was hiding behind the ticket counter. At this point she felt like running from utter embarrassment, but she didn't wanted to be humiliated from her actions or miss her movie.

After what felt like years, the man finally handed Fluttershy her freshly printed ticket, and smiled. "Enjoy the movie!"

"Okay, thank you." Fluttershy called back before stepping inside the cinema.

The smell of freshly melted butter and warm, crunchy popcorn filled her senses and she almost calmed down. Almost.

After buying a tempting greasy tub of popcorn courtesy of the girl from the concession stand, she made her way into the designated room and sat down all the way in the back. Less of a chance of getting scared knowing there was an easy way out, she reasoned.

The lights began to dim down, and she munched on her popcorn as the movie began.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feeling proud of herself for not running out of the film half way, Fluttershy proudly strode out of the theater and into the lobby feeling like she could take on the world.

Her mission had been successful, and she was going to make it home without bumping into anyone she knew--

"Fluttershy?"

She winced. So much for that.

Fluttershy slowly turned around to face whoever was talking to her, and was surprised to find out that it was Rainbow Dash. who had a confused yet intrigued look on her face.

Fluttershy had two options: She could either brush off her best friend, or she could try and run away before Rainbow had time to react. And since option B was pointless since Rainbow was the captain of the school's track team, and option A seemed too rude even for her, she sighed, "Oh hi Rainbow Dash, what are you doing here?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing." Rainbow responded, "I mean this theatre seems a tad out of our reach isn't it?"

"I... thought of trying someplace different." Fluttershy quietly responded

Rainbow just stared, completely unconvinced.

Fluttershy sighed, "Okay. What do you want?"

Rainbow took her hand and lead her in the direction of a park bench down the street. "Just to talk."

The two sat down at the park, and It was pretty deserted save for a drifter who seemed to be on his way home, and a group of kids the two girls realized were from school.

"So," Fluttershy began after a long awkward silence. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I know you went to go see that horror movie," Rainbow blurted, making Fluttershys eyes go as wide as saucers.

"Rainbow Dash, please..." Fluttershy started, about to get up from the bench. Rainbow stopped her, and made sure she'd be sitting down.

"Fluttershy I just wanna know one thing." Rainbow started, "How did you manage to sit through the whole thing?!"

Fluttershy looked in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I mean you sat down through that whole thing," Rainbow began to twiddle her thumbs, "I had to leave in the middle of it; I lost it after the lunatic broke out of the meat locker." This of all things surprised Fluttershy, she always thought Rainbow was the kind of girl that let nothing get to her no matter how terrifying it seemed.

"Really?" Fluttershy asked, "I thought the movie was impressive, but it wasn't that very convincing." Rainbow was in awe as it seemed that movie did not affect the timid girl one bit.

"How could you say that?!" Rainbow asked

"My dad always told me that if something seemed scary, to just look at it with a critical eye." Fluttershy responded, "After the lunatic came out of the lake with that burning sword, I started to look at the movie like that."

"Then how come you were getting terrified when we all decided to watch Arborville Terror?" Rainbow asked remembering that everyone was busy trying to get Fluttershy out of the broom closet last month.

"Well what kind of person would portray an innocent rabbit as a dangerous monster?" Fluttershy asked, "I couldn't help but see Angel in that and it scared me." The two began to go over every scene from the movie and began laughing at how silly in hindsight the film really was.

"So you think they're gonna make another sequel?" Rainbow asked.

"If they do... do you want to go with me?" Fluttershy asked, "I mean it was fun, but it's more fun with friends."

"Sounds good to me." Rainbow replied, "We can bring the other girls and-"

"Um... could this just be our thing?" Fluttershy asked interrupting Rainbow's train of thought, "being with friends is good and all, but I'd feel more comfortable if you and I just watched it."

Rainbow was a tad reluctant, but she agreed, and the two headed off to their homes waiting for the next time they would watch a scary movie.

Author's Note:

Well this little idea was shorter to think of than my last Rainbow and Fluttershy centric story. Well that and i wanted to get something out since the MLP movie was coming out by the end of the week and i wanted to get something out before then.

To all that are reading, Happy early Nightmare Night and Frightful Halloween.

Comments ( 5 )

This was a cute and true to life story. Found myself reading it out loud at least a couple times. Good job. My one quarrel:

"Masked Lunatic Massacre 4" had the WORST production value of the entire MLM franchise, seriously there is NO ONE who could be scared of that movie. :moustache:

Now I kinda wanna see a story where Fluttershy is a very blunt movie critic.

8463477
I might do that next round

This was adorable. Short, sweet, and to the point.

Login or register to comment