• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 2,809 Views, 55 Comments

All I Wanted Were My Mommy's Kisses - Sith_Dreamer



Dinky Doo thinks her mommy is the best mail mare ever. But does Ditzy take her job too seriosuly?

  • ...
4
 55
 2,809

Thoughts/Solutions?

“How are things today doctor?” Twilight asked nervously, as Dinky went on into the room where her mother still laid unconscious.

A different doctor from before, the brown unicorn shook his head without a word. Twilight put her head down, trying not to make a scene in case Dinky came out.

“To be perfectly honest, Ms. Sparkle, things haven’t really changed. We have no idea when she might wake up, if she ever does. We’ve kept in close contact with Fillydelphia, one of their doctors even came in this morning to have a look. So far we’ve had no need to move her, but like Doctor Muffin Mane said yesterday, any sudden change could make that happen very quickly.”

Twilight nodded, and turned her gaze towards the dim room. Dinky once again sat on a stool next to the bed, chatting softly to Ditzy’s motionless body.

“Do you think she can hear her?” Twilight asked the doctor, whom had begun to scribble notes onto a pad he had floating in front of him.

“Hm,” he looked up, having not been paying much attention. “Oh, some ponies think it is very possible. However, I can’t really say for sure.”

“I hope she can.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Any ideas for dinner tonight?” Twilight asked the little unicorn as they trotted home from the hospital an hour later.

Dinky didn’t speak, instead lost in as much thought as the little unicorn could be. She watched the setting sun above Ponyville, wondering if there was anything Princess Celestia could do for her mother.

“Twilight?” she asked after a few moments, “You know the Princess really well. Is there anything she could do for my mommy?”

“Well Dinky, there might be. She’s very busy though, and she just doesn’t have time to make stops for everypony.”

“But it’s my mommy Twilight! She could come and help her, couldn’t she?” Dinky whined, her voice showing a bit of youthful agitation at Twilight’s response.

“I’ll make up a letter to the Princess and we’ll see what she says,” Twilight told her absent mindedly.

In truth, Twilight hadn’t even considered that Princess Celestia might be able to help. She usually dreaded the Princess even thinking of coming to Ponyville, so she usually only wrote when she needed to send a friendship report. She wondered what she might say.

“Twilight?” Dinky asked for the sixth time.

Twilight shook herself from her stupor, realizing she’d lost herself for several minutes and they’d nearly made it to the front porch of the library.

“Sorry, just thinking. Come on, maybe Spike can whip us up some Hayseed Soup.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wind whipped and the thunder pounded against the cloudy ceiling of the night sky. Nopony would have dared go outside, save for one gray Pegasus with one thing on her mind. She flew against the gale, her wings working harder than she’d ever had to work them before. Ahead of her were the darkened fields of Sweet Apple Acres, her goal nearly in site.

Below her, a light purple unicorn raced as fast as her tiny legs could carry her. She’d managed to get the door unlocked with her limited magical abilities, and had tried her best to follow her mother into the storm. Now she found herself doing her best to not be tossed around amongst the limbs and branches, and the pieces of the houses of other ponies. Her tiny horn glowed to light the way, and she did her best to cry out her mother’s name every few steps.

It didn’t take Dinky long to catch up to her mother, She had been sure Sweet Apple Acres was much further away, but she couldn’t have cared any less once she saw the gray Pegasus above her.

“Mommy!” she called as loud as she could muster.

No response as Ditzy pushed on against the winds.

“Mommy!” Dinky tried again.

Still nothing.

“Mommy!!!” Dinky strained her voice as she shouted up.

This time, Ditzy turned her head, looking around for the source of the voice she’d heard, the wind winning its battle as she did, causing her to tumble backwards in the air. Ditzy managed to catch herself, and looked down, seeing her daughter on the ground below.
“Mommy!” Dinky cried out with a smile, hopping into the air and tumbling much like Ditzy when the wind caught her small form.

“Dinky!” Ditzy cried as she prepared to zoom down to see why her daughter had even thought to follow her into the storm.

Zap Boom

Dinky’s mouth dropped open wide with horror as she watched a white bolt of lightning crash down and pass through her mother. For the briefest moment Ditzy’s skin had gone transparent, revealing a dark skeletal frame before returning to a now horribly charred version of her normally gray coat. Ditzy began to fall as she lost consciousness, falling fast straight down at first, but each gust of wind blew her body towards more danger. Finally she crashed hard onto the roof of the house Dinky had known to belong to Berry Punch, and rolled down the incline, falling hard and landing limply on the ground below. Dinky ran as fast as she could toward the place here she thought her mother fell. She noticed the storm seemed to have died down around her as she had no trouble dashing to find Ditzy.

When she finally arrived, she could see the crumpled form of her mother, the skin on her motionless body still seeming to sizzle from the electricity that had surged through her. She crept close, afraid of what she was going to see.

“M-m-momm-my,” tears welled in her eyes as she tried to raise the Pegasus.

“Yeeeesssss muffin,” a strange hiss escaped, as Ditzy’s head jerked upwards and spun around limply to look at her daughter.

`Her left eye looked upwards as it always did, her right eye still looked down, only now it hung completely out of its socket. All Dinky could do was scream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Twilight!” Dinky screamed as she jumped out of bed and ran from the guest room all the way up the stairs to her caretaker’s room.

Twilight darted up as her door slammed hard against the wall, and her bed was suddenly invaded by a little purple filly. Tears ran furiously down the sides of her face as Twilight tried to understand what was wrong.

“I-it w-w-w-was a nightmare!” Dinky sobbed, “My mommy was a m-m—m-mon-monster!”

“Shhh, shh,” Twilight tried to calm her down, “Nothing is bad about your mommy. You’ve just got a lot on your mind.”

Twilight had read every book on foalcare she could find, when confronted with a problem like she was now, she just couldn’t find the words to help. Instead, she wrapped a leg around Dinky and pulled her close, letting the filly’s tears soak her coat. She stroked the small blonde mane, trying to show her support. Twi searched her memories, trying to think of anything that might help.

“Hush now, quiet now, its time to lay your sleepy head…” Twilight began to sing softly, singing every verse until she could hear the sobs subsiding, eventually replaced with the sound of soft breathing.

Twilight didn’t try to move Dinky or take her back to her own room. Instead, she placed a light kiss at the tip of the filly’s horn, and snuggled her closer, settling herself back into bed, and did her best to try and fall back to sleep herself.






(Author Note: Once again, sorry for this taking so long to update. Thanks to my pre-reader Zev as always, and if this chapter seems a little short, don’t worry, more is coming soon and we’ll be getting to the main part of the story soon.)