• Published 28th Sep 2017
  • 3,798 Views, 24 Comments

All Around Love - Leviathan Jaeger



Time has passed since the Battle of the Bands, in that time love has blossomed.

  • ...
4
 24
 3,798

Valentine's day surprise

Aria sat in the living room on the couch, thinking about the past few weeks. Some time has passed since Sunset and Adagio started dating, and in that time Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had come out and told everyone they had been secretly dating for awhile. Aria wasn't surprised though, since she had a hunch that the two of them liked each other. She always did have a special gift about reading people's emotions and being able to tell who liked who. Even though she could understand other people's emotions, she couldn't understand her own. Ever since that night she cuddled with Sonata outside, Aria had been confused on how she felt about the blue siren. She's never cared for anyone before, so why did she feel the way she did when the two were together? Aria wanted answers, and she knew just the person to ask. She snapped back into reality when she heard Sunset call her name. When she turned around she saw Sunset walking down the stairs.

"Hey Aria," Sunset said with a smile.

"Hey Sunset," Aria replied with her usual monotone hello.

"Have you seen Adagio? When I got up she was gone," Sunset asked her.

"She went out for groceries. She wanted to get it done with today while you were asleep."

"Oh, ok," Sunset told her. "Where's Sonata?"

"Still asleep. She stayed up really late last night playing video games," Aria informed her. Sunset giggled at her response and headed for the kitchen, but Aria spoke up before she could go in. "Hey Sunset, wanna go down to Sugarcube Corner for a drink, instead of drinking the coffee here?"

Sunset turned around and looked at her with a confused look. She wouldn't be surprised if Sonata wanted to go there with her, but she never thought Aria would. "Sure, why not. Want me to text Adagio to meet us there?"

"No, I don't want her to be there, or Sonata," Aria told her.

Now Sunset was really confused. She now had a feeling that there was more to this than Aria was letting onto. As the two headed for the door Sunset asked, "Your not asking me out, are you?"

"No! Of course not. I'm not interested in you. Besides, Adagio would kill me if I was," Aria said, shuddering at the thought of a furious Adagio.

"Just checking," Sunset said to her. The two of them walked down the street. It was quiet between the two of them, but Sunset could see that something was troubling Aria. They eventually made it to Sugarcube Corner. When they got in, they picked a booth and ordered their drinks.

"Sunset, there's something I want to ask you," Aria said, breaking the silence.

"What is it?" Sunset asked kindly.

"How did you know you loved Adagio?" she asked.

Sunset was a little taken back by the question. Out of all the things to ask about, she never would have guessed Aria would ask about her something like that. Sunset took a drink and replied, "It's kind of hard to explain, but when Adagio told me that she loved me, I knew I also loved her."

"How did you know that she was the right one?"

"I cared about her a lot, and it grew to where I cared about her as more than just a friend," Sunset told her purple friend. "You know you love someone when you care about them more than anyone else, and that your willing to sacrifice anything for them."

Aria thought about her words and looked at her cup. She did care about Sonata, more than anyone else.

"Why did you want to know?" Sunset now asked her.

"I think...I'm also in love with someone," Aria replied to her, blushing slightly.

Sunset looked at her wide eyed, she never thought the day would come when Aria Blaze would admit she loved someone. "If you don't mind me asking, who is it?"

"Promise you won't judge?"

"I promise," Sunset told her.

"It's...Sonata," Aria said, her blush becoming darker.

Sunset sat there, taking in her response. She always wondered why the two of them got along so well, and now the mystery was solved. "Your in love with Sonata?"

Aria nodded her head and looked at her drink. "I don't know how, but I love her."

"That's really sweet Aria," Sunset said with a smile.

"But I don't know how to tell her? She thinks of me as her best friend, but what if she doesn't want to be more than that?" Aria asked.

"I'm sure she loves you too Aria. The two of you are inseparable," Sunset said to her helpfully.

Aria smiled back at Sunset. "Thank you Sunset, I knew you would know what to say."

"Your welcome Aria," Sunset smiled back to her. "I knew you would have a soft spot for something, who knew it would be Sonata."

"Please don't tell anyone about this, even Adagio. I don't want her knowing just yet," Aria requested of her.

"Alright Aria, I won't tell anyone. You need to tell Sonata soon though."

"I know, I just don't know when."

Sunset though for a couple minutes before getting a idea. "Why don't you ask her to the Valentines dance at my school next week."

"I don't know about that, we're not even welcomed there."

"Adagio is going with me, and it would be a shame if you two had to stay home during it," Sunset said to her.

"But what about the other people? I'm sure they wouldn't be happy to see us," Aria asked.

"You know how Adagio is, she doesn't care what they say, and she's right. The three of you have changed, and it's time others saw that," Sunset replied to her.

"Alright, I'll do it," Aria said to her. The two of them continued on with their conversation until Aria felt her phone go off in her pocket. She pulled it out to see that Adagio was calling. "Hello."

"Where are you?" Adagio asked her.

"I'm getting a drink with your girlfriend," Aria replied to her.

"Why?"

"I wanted to hang out with her. What's the matter, jealous?" Aria joked with her.

"No, but can you bring her back home now?"

"Yes puffball, we'll be home soon," Aria said, hanging up her phone. "Your girlfriend wants you home."

Sunset giggled at this and the two got up to leave. "Puffball?"

"Her hair looks like a big ball of fluff."

"I guess it kinda does, but I like it. It's really soft," Sunset said to her.

"I'll take your word for it," Aria told her. They both walked back to the house and found Adagio waiting for them.

"About time," she said.

"Oh Adagio, don't be so grumpy," Sunset said, walking up to her. "You don't have to be so jealous."

"I'm not jealous," Adagio said with crossed arms. Sunset merely giggled at her before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"You two are weird," Aria said, walking away. She was making her way to her room when she heard a door open and Sonata pop out from the room.

"Hey Ari," Sonata said.

"Hey Sonata, did you have a good rest?"

"Yeah, I don't think I'm going to try another late nighter like that again."

Aria gave a small smile at her before turning back to go to her room. She went inside her room, but noticed that Sonata had followed her in.

"So what have you been doing?" Sonata asked her.

"I just got back from Sugarcube Corner with Sunset," Aria told her.

"With Sunset? Shouldn't Adagio be doing that?"

"We were just hanging out."

"Alrighty, if you say so," Sonata said. She turned to leave the room but Aria stopped her.

"Wait Sonata, I want to ask you something."

"What is it Ari?" Sonata asked her.

"Do you know about the Valentines dance at Sunset's school?"

"Yeah I do, Adagio told me that she's going with Sunset to it. I think it's really romantic that they are," Sonata responded to her.

"Well, would you want to go...with me?" Aria asked her.

Sonata took a breath. "For realzies?" she asked.

"Yes..."

Sonata joyfully hugged Aria. "Of course I will. Best friends go to everything together."

Aria hugged her back. "Yeah...best friends..." she said to herself sadly.

Later that day, in a different part of town, Rarity was working on a dress that she had started working on a couple of days ago. As she worked, Sweetie Bell entered the room.

"Rarity?" Sweetie asked.

"What is it darling?"

"Are you going with anyone to the dance at school next week?"

"No darling, everyone that has asked me were people I didn't want to go with," she stated to her little sister.

"Is there anyone you would want to go with?" Sweetie also asked her.

Rarity pondered her question for a few moments. "I don't think so, there aren't to many guys at school that I would consider going with."

"What about going with a girl?"

Rarity stopped what she was doing and looked at her sister. "I've never thought about that. I've never been interested in girls before."

"Do you think there's any girls interested in you?" Sweetie asked her.

"I don't think so darling. The only girls I know that are interested in other girls already have girlfriends."

"Would you ever date a girl?"

"I...believe I would be up for it, only if the other girl was just right for me," Rarity said to her as she went back to her work.

"Would you date someone like Applejack?"

"If there was a girl out there interested in me with the personality of Applejack, I definitely would."

"Do you think Applejack is interested in you?"

"I doubt it darling, we're best friends. We spend a lot of time together, we eat lunch together a lot, she buys me different things from time to time, she says she loves to spend time with, she-" Rarity cut herself short as the reality of the situation hit her like a ton of bricks. Sweetie Bell merely smiled as she witnessed her sister figure everything out. Rarity then dropped what she was doing and ran out the door to her car. She got in and started to drive towards the Apple farm. She thought to herself about how blind she had been. How did she not notice it before. She soon made it to the farm and saw Granny Smith sitting on the porch.

"Howdy there Rarity, I didn't know you was going to be visiting tonight," Granny said to her.

"Hi Granny. Is Applejack here, I really need to talk to her," Rarity said quickly.

"She's up in her room, just knock on her door," Granny said with a smile.

"Thank you Granny," Rarity said as she rushed into the house. She quickly ran upstairs and went to Applejack's room. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

Applejack walked over to her door, expecting to see Applebloom or Big Mac, but she was quite surprised to see Rarity on the other side. "Rarity? Why are you-" she started to say, but was cut off by Rarity giving her a hug.

"I'm so sorry Applejack! I should've seen it sooner!" Rarity told her as she began to cry.

Applejack carefully guided her into her room and sat with her on the bed. She did her best to comfort Rarity as she cried. "What do you mean Rares? What happened?"

"I'm so sorry Applejack, I wish I had noticed sooner," Rarity said to her between tears.

"Noticed what?"

"Your true feelings," Rarity said to her. Applejack was taken back by what she said, but before she could reply, Rarity spoke back up. "I can't imagine what you've been feeling, I'm so sorry I've been ignoring them, you must think I don't like you."

"It's alright Rarity. I will admit, I do like you...a lot, but you shouldn't put yourself down just because you didn't see it. You've had other stuff on your mind, I can't blame you for that."

"But your more important to me, your feeling should've been more important to me."

"It's alright. Ya know now, and that's what's important," Applejack told her with a smile.

Rarity smiled back and cleared some of the tears from her face. "I also came to tell you...that your feelings have been returned."

Applejack sat there surprised by what she had said. "You mean?"

"I love you too Applejack," Rarity said to her.

Now it was Applejack's turn to cry, this time it was tears of joy. She hugged Rarity tightly as she cried. "I love you Rarity." After a few minutes of hugging and happy crying, the two parted. "Does this mean you'll want to go with me to that dance this week?"

"Absolutely darling, I will go anywhere with you," Rarity replied to her. The two of them hugged again and talked about their new relationship, and continued to until they fell asleep together on the bed.

The day had officially come for the Valentines dance, and Sunset was excited. She pulled up to the Dazzling's house to pick up her date and the other two. She knocked on the door and waved at Sonata when she answered it.

"Hi Sonata," she said with a smile.

"Hi Sunset! You look really pretty tonight," Sonata said to her as she walked in.

"Thank you, so do you. I really like your dress."

"Thank you, Rarity helped me pick it out yesterday," Sonata said to her. The two of them turned to see Aria walk down the stairs.

"Hi Aria, you look really pretty," Sunset said to her.

"Thank you, although I'm not big on dresses," Aria replied to her.

"But you look beautiful in it Ari," Sonata said to her.

"Thank you Sonata, you look really pretty too."

Sonata giggled at this. "I'm going to go check on Adagio," she said as she went up the stairs.

Sunset turned to Aria. "You two look really cute together."

Aria blushed at what she said. "Thanks."

"Are you going to tell her how you really feel tonight?" Sunset asked.

"I plan on it," Aria replied back to her. Sonata came rushing back downstairs to announce that Adagio was coming. The other two looked up the stairs to see Adagio slowly walk down.

Sunset stood amazed as she watched her walk down. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you Sunset. So do you," she said with a smile. The four of them commented on each before making there way out of the house and into the car. When they arrived at the school Sunset and Adagio approached the school, but Sonata hung back.

"Ari, are you sure this is a good idea?" she asked nervously.

"Don't worry Sonata, if anything happens, I'll be there for you," Aria told her confidently.

When the four of them entered the main room for the dance many looks were shot their way. One of them being from Trixie, who walked up to the four of them.

"Hello Sunset," she said with all her pompous attitude.

"Hello Trixie," Sunset replied, already not liking the conversation.

"May I ask what they are doing here?" Trixie asked, pointing to the sirens.

"I invited them. And Adagio is with me," Sunset stated proudly.

Trixie stood there shocked. "You two are together!?"

"Yes. We are. Got a problem with that?" Adagio said with a sinister tone.

Trixie looked at the siren leader and felt fear rise in her. "*gulp*No! Of course not! Enjoy the dance," she said as she quickly walked away.

"See girls, not so bad," Adagio said to the other two. The four of them were making there way further into the room, when Adagio heard a small group of people on the side say some rude comments about her and Sunset. Adagio shot them a look that could kill, making the group shut up and move away. Adagio was happy to have fear on her side tonight.

"Well look who's here." The four of them turned to see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walking up to them.

"Hey Dash, glad to see you two here," Sunset said to them.

"I could think of a couple things better than this dance to be doing, but I'm here for Fluttershy," Rainbow said to them.

"You girls look really pretty this evening," Fluttershy complimented to them.

"Thank you Flutteshy. So do you two," Adagio responded to her.

"Howdy ya'll." Everyone turned to see AJ and Rarity walking up to them.

"Hey Applejack, Rarity. Did you guys just get here?" Rainbow asked them.

"Yes, I was helping Applejack with her dress before we came here," Rarity told them all.

"I'm happy to see that you three made it," Applejack said to the Dazzlings. "I hope no one gives you any trouble."

"If they do, I'll give them a piece of my mind," Rainbow said, cracking her knuckles.

"No need to worry about that Rainbow, I've got it covered," Adagio told her.

"If anyone has any sense in them, they'll know not to cross Adagio," Aria stated.

"What about you two?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't care what anyone says about me, but they won't hurt Sonata," Aria responded to her, cracking her own knuckles like Rainbow did.

The group continued to talk until some dance music began to play. Fluttershy asked Rainbow if they could go sit and watch, which Rainbow happily obliged.

"Care to dance Rarity?" Applejack asked.

"Of course darling," Rarity responded back, and the two of them walked over to a open spot.

Adagio smirked and put her arms around Sunset. "Do you wanna dance?" she asked.

"If it means being close to you, then definitely," Sunset replied, and the two made their way to a open spot on the dance floor.

This left Sonata and Aria standing by themselves. Sonata hummed to the slow music as she thought about asking Aria if she would want to. Before she could she heard Pinkie say her name from the drink and food table.

"I'm going to go talk to Pinkie," she told Aria.

"Alright," Aria responded as Sonata walked towards her pink haired friend. Aria stood and watched the dancers on the floor. She went from couple to couple, watching them dance. She watched Applejack and Rarity smile at each other and talk as they danced. She wasn't surprised when they announced that were together, and she still wasn't surprised. She then looked over at Sunset and Adagio. Adagio's hair made them stand out among the other dancers. She watched how happy the two of them were together. She also saw some people giving them odd looks, one them being Flash Sentry, who was currently standing off to the side alone. She groaned to herself when she saw that Flash noticed her and that he was walking towards her.

"Hey...Aria wasn't it?" he said to her.

"What do you want?" Aria said in a very unpleasant tone.

"I was just wondering if Sunset and your leader, were, together?" he asked.

"Yes. They are. Got a problem with that?" she said annoyed.

"No no, I was just wondering, that's all," he said quickly. He was about to try to start a conversation, but Aria shot him a look that meant go away or die. He took the warning and walked away.

Aria was starting to not like being there. She wanted to be away from the people. She spotted a opening on the other side of the room that led outside. She made her way over towards it, passing people who shot her different looks, some of confusion and others of hate. She didn't care though, as she soon made her way outside and into the night air. She felt more comfortable now, since she was away from everybody. She saw that a path was made from the school to a gazebo. She walked to it and leaned against the railing, staring up at the moon. She was enjoying the piece and quiet until she heard someone walking down the path. She turned expecting to deal with some idiot from the school, but she quickly turned calm again when she saw that it was Sonata.

"Hey Ari, what are you doing out here?" Sonata asked.

"I wanted to get away from the people, lucky for me there's a gazebo out here. Want to join me?"

Sonata happily nodded and made her way over beside her, also leaning against the railing. "Adagio looks like she's having a good time."

"Of course she is. If Sunset's happy, she's happy." Aria stated to her.

"I hope no one tries to give either of them trouble, like Trixie tried to," Sonata said to her.

"I think everyone is smart enough not to give Sunset any trouble when Adagio is around, but if they do, they'll learn quickly what a upset Adagio can do," Aria said with a smile.

"Yeah. And I don't have to worry, cause I have you," Sonata said, poking Aria in the arm.

"Yeah, that's true," Aria responded to her. She looked over at Sonata, and took in just how beautiful she looked tonight. She also noticed how the moon perfectly reflected in her eyes. "Sonata...there's something I need to confess to you."

Sonata turned to her friend. "What is it Ari?"

Aria took a hold of Sonata's hands and looked her in the eyes. "I want to confess to you...that I love you Sonata..."

Sonata squeezed Aria's hands. "You...love me?"

"Yes, I love you Sonata. I've been in love with you for awhile, but I didn't know how to say it. So, will you be with me here at this dance as not your best friend, but as your girlfriend?" Aria genuinely asked her.

Sonata responded by throwing her arms around Aria's neck and kissing her passionately. Aria quickly started kissing her back, and putting her arms around her. Once they parted, Sonata responded with all the love in her heart, "Yes, absolutely yes! I love you too Ari!" They both kissed each other again, then turned back to look at the moon, with Aria's arm around Sonata.

The music eventually stopped, and the dancing couples made their ways around the room. Sunset and Adagio walked over towards the window, to be further away from the other people. Sunset was looking out the window, when she noticed something. She nudged Adagio and pointed towards Aria and Sonata in the gazebo. They both watched the two stand next to each other closely, before they gave each other a loving kiss.

"Well, well, well, would you look at that. The two idiots are in love," Adagio said with a smile.

"They both look so happy," Sunset said. "I guess them coming here was a good idea."

"Is what's happening out there the reason why Aria wanted to get coffee with you?" Adagio asked.

"Yeah, it was," Sunset said with a smile. "I gave her the idea of bringing Sonata here, and I'm happy to see that she expressed her feelings."

Adagio smiled and pulled Sunset over to her. She gave her a kiss before saying, "I love you."

"I love you too," Sunset replied to her.

Author's Note:

Chapter six, the end. Had a fun time writing this. Who was your favorite couple? Post it down in the comments. And if you think there should be a sequel, also feel free to post it down below.

Comments ( 2 )

Cute, very cute :twilightsmile:
and my favorite couple is SunDagio :heart:
and yes, you should be write a sequel. :pinkiehappy:
Good work! :coolphoto:

My top five favorite map ships:
1: SciSet
2: Sundagio
3: Sunlight
4: Flutterset
5: Rarisun

Login or register to comment