• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 1,100 Views, 5 Comments

Summer Days - Alex The Lone Wolf



Counting down the last days of their final summer together, a couple of twins' lives are completely altered significantly. The main question is: Was it really for the best or the worst?

  • ...
5
 5
 1,100

Day 21 - Summer Sun Celebration

Maybe there was something better I could have done. Maybe I didn't have to change everything the way I did. Maybe we could have found some way to make it through. But, I was scared. I guess I thought that I even knew what I was doing. I thought a great sacrifice was necessary to keep my promise of your safety.
It was unreal. At first, I was just a naïve little girl, but before I knew it, I was a naïve little girl with a huge responsibility on my shoulders. I've never really been a unicorn, so I wouldn't know exactly how their magic worked. All I could say that the way I made things happen felt like making a wish, and those wishes seem to be connected to my emotions. I still don't understand how exactly I was able to do what I did, and I don't think there's anything on these 'abilities' I have to allow me to have full control of them. I guess the closest I can get to understanding it is just to wait over time, but after what happened that night, I honestly wouldn't want to ever mess with time again.

Just know this, Alex. I love you more than anything else. You mean the world to me. You may be here with me right now…but I can't help but still feel like a piece of you may have been left behind. If I could see that piece of you one more time, I'd want him to hear what I just told you right now.


The sudden cackle of thunder startled me awake. I was gasping and breathing roughly for only a moment. My head was already facing the window, where I saw the dark gray clouds fill the sorrowful sky. Rain was pummeling towards the ground, indirectly shooting at my window. I sighed deeply and decided to turn around to remove myself from bed. I didn't think I was going back to sleep anyway.

It was the dawn of the summer solstice. A transition into something new and fresh, yet familiar. However, throughout these years, I've always felt like the same pathetic pony. Princess Celestia was coming to Ponyville for this year's Summer Sun Celebration, but I had no real intention of going.

I couldn't describe the lack of motivation I had. It felt as if there was something missing in my life. It felt as if there was some huge gaping hole inside me. It's like if I just lost something significant, but I didn't believe I ever had that to begin with.

I shook off these thoughts as they weren't anything new nowadays and began dragging my hooves towards the bathroom. Despite how much I wanted to stay inside in bed, I had errands I unfortunately needed to run.

Just one rare walk in town, and I can shut myself back inside…

Comments ( 4 )

Um.. wait!? Are you saying that this story is before 'A New Hero'? And it would be a good idea for me to read this? If so, Tell me.

8583179
Technically, you could probably get away with reading this without reading the main story first, but there'll be certain things that probably won't make sense in that case. If you already read up on the latest chapter of A New Hero, then go right ahead. If not, then it's up to you whether you want to still read this or not. Like I said, there'll probably be things that don't make sense.

8583281
Ok. Well I'm not up to date on it. I'm at 'Appaloosas Most Wanted'. And I don't mind, if this will help me understand a few things then I will. Thanks for telling me.

Hmmm so let me get this straight. He knew the mane six yet his twin sister being able to control time somehow wiped everyone’s memories of him and her including his...besides maybe Celestia? How dose she wipe memories when she is in control of time? I a bit lost but also very intrigued. I read this thinking I’d get some context behind our main character in ‘A New Hero’ witch I did but also left me with many questions...wonder if cadence will recognize him. Well guess I shall see. Hmmm wonder if Chrysalis knows still and will go after him. Only one way to figure out.

Login or register to comment