• Published 1st Oct 2017
  • 459 Views, 7 Comments

All Behind Celestial Rays - Cosy Purity



A in-depth tale of Celestia's past adventures and her life before the events that we are so familiar with.

  • ...
3
 7
 459

After Dawn, Was It?

Vibrant’s eyes began to widen in dismay.

“If an alicorn is leading the attack, that means this gang is far more of a threat than we’d originally anticipated,” She murmured.

As Celestia climbed out from her own chair and sat beside Starswirl, wrapping her hooves around his shoulders, her friend muttered,

“Speaking of threats…”

Reading his mind, Celestia met her mother’s gaze and felt she should speak for Starswirl this time.

“They’re going to invade the castle very soon. We overheard them planning to take a few more alicorns to complete the tantabus so that it will be strong enough to take down all who live in the castle - then their leader will be the only alicorn remaining to rule over all of the kingdom.”

She informed bluntly, not even bothering to build up to the news; it was too important to waste any more time.

Vibrant staggered out of her seat, her wings lifting in alarm.

“You could have told me this first!” She gasped, then suddenly she stumbled a little and held a hoof to her stomach.

She’s so stressed and exhausted, Celestia realized, looking at her mother with concern.

Then it hit her.

…..And she’s expecting.

After everything that had happened, this vital fact had slipped her mind. Before her mother had told her the news, she hadn’t even noticed that there had been any change, but now that the reminder had rung clear in her mind, she could see how close she was to giving birth. She knew that alicorn’s expectancy lasted a much shorter time than regular ponies, but she wasn’t aware the baby came this early….

“Hurry, alert the soldiers and the rest of the alicorns in the castle,” Vibrant ordered the guards, and as Celestia hurried to her side she added, “Don’t leave anypony unguarded. We can’t let them take anypony else.”

Starswirl covered his face with his hooves.

“B-but princess-” one of the guards stammered.

“I’ll be fine!” Vibrant snapped, then faltered again, “just do as I say!”

The guard nodded and then burst out the door with the other following him hurriedly behind.

“Momma, are you okay?” Celestia squealed, her eyes wide and anxious.

Vibrant looked at her and managed a weak but warm smile.

“It looks like your sister will be coming a little sooner than we thought, honey,” She said.


Celestia stood with her father who paced outside the door to the delivery room. He had been informed about Vibrant and Starswirl’s news after the whole kingdom was put on high alert and the castle under strict shut-down, with nopony but the soldiers and a few of the most powerful alicorns designated as commanders allowed outside.

“Daddy?”

Celestia squeaked quietly as Nebula continued to pace, his eyes wide and frantic.

He didn’t notice her say his name.

“Um…. Daddy,”

She called out a little louder, and he stopped and bent down at eye-level to her.

“What is it, little one?” He asked, as if grateful for a small distraction.

“I was just wondering… um… why would they suddenly decide to aim for the castle of all places? Isn’t that kind of… well… dumb?”

Nebula tipped his head to one side.

“Well, sweetie, ever since the first attack, none of the alicorns have been allowed outside of the castle’s sector. So the only place they’d be able to snatch another alicorn would be here,” he added, “besides, they took down an entire city and an alicorn. Now that they have her magic, they’ll be much stronger. I figure now that they have enough power, they’ll want to subdue the castle long enough to take a couple more.”

Celestia nodded, her eyes widening enough to reveal how worried she was.

Nebula stroked her mane reassuringly and said,

“Don’t worry… we have several alicorns holding a force-field around the castle area. Everything will be fine.”

Celestia wrapped her hooves around her father’s legs and hugged him tightly, squeezing her eyes shut. Nebula draped one wing around her for further reassurance and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

She never saw her father during the day, so to her this was a rare gift, like her mother’s laughter. She let herself smile for a moment.

Then the door to the delivery room opened and the doctor poked his head outside. Nebula broke away from his daughter as the doctor murmured quickly,

“She wants you inside, sir.”

Celestia looked up at Nebula.

“What about me?” She whispered.

“I suppose you can come in too,” The doctor agreed, then dipped his head and allowed them to walk inside.

Vibrant seemed to be in a lot of pain. She held out a hoof and pointed at Nebula and muttered curtly, “Here.”

Nebula plodded over and held his wife’s outstretched hoof gently.

“You’ve been through a whole lot lately,” He whispered, his eyes filled with warmth.

Vibrant pursed her lips.

“If I combined all the things that I’ve been stressed with for the last week or so, the amount wouldn’t even come close to how exhausting this is!”

“I know, honey,”

Nebula said, keeping his eyes locked on Vibrant’s strained expression.

As Celestia watched them, the doctor placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“Maybe you should wait outside,” He suggested.

Celestia narrowed her eyes frustratedly and began to protest, “But I want-”

“Sweetest, why don’t you go find Starswirl? He’s staying with the librarian at the moment - I sure she wouldn’t mind you joining her,” Nebula cut in, smiling at her affectionately, though she could detect the slightest weariness around the corners of his eyes.

“Okay, Daddy,” Celestia said reluctantly, and began to walk out of the room as the doctor held the door open for her.

“Love you, little one - stay safe,” Vibrant called out.

* * *

A night climbs on the verge as the sun, at its fullest, gives it birth.

An eclipse draws near, the final crescent of the moon closing in darkness.

A night falls on the once brimming flame, at its weakest, needing hope.

A dying star shines on the brink of the end, and the hidden flame reaches for it in ardor.

A sunrise bursts out of the desperate collide. . .