• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 2,522 Views, 256 Comments

Danganronpa V.E: Creating Chaos - Lusaminia



After waking up in the garden of an unknown castle, Ditzy Do finds herself forced to play a killing game with 15 ponies called the ultimates. Will she make it out through alive, or will the murderers escape free.

  • ...
8
 256
 2,522

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Dungeons and Death - Free Time Event (Redheart and Bon Bon)

I immediately regretted ever trusted the instincts brought on by the bagels I had eaten. Before me was Redheart, gushing over the many different torture devices located in the castle dungeons. She hadn’t seen me yet, and I knew that meant I had a chance to turn around, but my body still believed that the bagels were correct. Sucking it up, I stepped forward and prepared for the worst.

“H-h-hey Redheart,” I greeted, unable to hold back the worry and fear I felt as I approached her. “Um, how’s it going?”

“Oh, it’s going wonderfully miss Ditzy,” The Ultimate Nurse responded, quickly turning to me. “I’ve never felt so alive in my life! Actually, that isn’t true, but who cares?” Her muzzle was inches from mine. I could feel the hasty breaths from her nostrils. “Anyways, I assume you came to chat, and I think you have a question you’ve been wanting to ask.”

“Yeah, I do,” I said nervously, nodding my. “Redheart, I don’t mean to be rude but… compared to when we first met, you don’t seem like the type to become a nurse. Why did you become one?”

“Well there are many reason that ponies become doctors of nurses Ditzy,” Redheart replied, the way she had worded it telling me this isn’t the first time she had been asked this question. “Some like to help ponies and see it as there way of helping, others do it because they need the money, and some have the talent and are drawn to it. I was the latter, though it was not my first choice for a career.”

“Yeah, I can kinda relate there,” I told her, looking at the ground. “Everypony would look at my left eye and say I was unqualified. I was lucky anyone was willing to take me in.”

“Then I’m sure you remember what I said during the investigation,” Redheart said with a smile. “Before I gained my talent, I wanted to become a detective, or an investigator if you prefer. I wanted to solve crimes much like we are now, though with the stakes not so high I’d say,” She started to do that giggling thing she did when she got excited. “Ehehe. Oh the plans I had back than. To become the best detective in Equestria and solve the most horrific murders. Heh, that is still something I wish for, and I’m more than enjoy my time right now doing it. Of course, I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.”

I saw her glare angrily at her flank, or more specifically her cutie mark. It wasn’t often I saw somepony look like they’ve been wrong by their own talent, but I could understand why Redheart hated it. Nursing wasn’t the farthest thing criminal investigation, but it was certainly not what she seemed to dream of. How she is reacting now is perhaps that more childish wish coming back to her. That could explain the shift in personality.

“You know, you could quit if you didn’t enjoy nursing,” I reminded her, hoping that it would make her feel a little happier. “Even if you are good at it, what’s the point of being good at something you don’t like.”

“It’s not as simple as that Ditzy,” Redheart told me, a sigh escaping her. “You don’t just quit nursing, especially when you are the Ultimate Nurse. The way you’ve seen me act here, it’s not something anypony else sees. Imagine how ponies would react to an Ultimate acting like a foal on a high.”

“I… I guess that’s true,” I stammered, not having prepared a response in case she rejected my idea. “Still, if you aren’t happy, you should consider telling somepony about it. You don’t need to tell them everything, but if you’re unhappy that makes me unhappy.”

Redheart didn’t respond to that, instead turning her back to me and looking at the many torture devices that made up the room. Knowing I had probably crossed the line, I decided to leave her be. When I had heard of the Ultimate Nurse, I had expected someone who was both mentally and physically stable, able to understand everything told to them. That physical part was correct, but with everything I had just learned, I wasn’t so sure about the mental side. I just hope she doesn’t do anything she’ll regret.

After my talk with Redheart, I made my way out of the dungeon in a hurry. I still didn’t like the feel of that place, and considering that Redheart was the only pony I saw down there, I wasn’t alone. I couldn’t help but wonder where everypony was now, seeing as the ground level of the castle was rather empty. That really put into perspective how empty this whole place seemed. It was unsettling, unnerving, and…

“Emotional,” I looked behind myself to see Bon Bon had snuck up behind me, looking grateful that I was here. “That’s what the emptiness reminds you of, doesn’t it? It’s like you could let out all your emotions in hear and not be judged one bit for what you might say. I’ve considered doing it, but I always get nervous somepony might be in the hallways.”

“Honestly, I think I’m more worried about mares coming up behind me without notice,” I told her, giving her a look of disapproval.

“Tuché,” She responded with a smile. “Actually, I wasn’t looking for you Ditzy. I was wondering if we could talk a bit, mare to mare. I need someone a little less on the ego side.”

I accepted her invitation without a second though, and we ended up talking for quite a while. We had lunch together, neither of us having eaten since the meeting earlier today, and continued to talk even after that. It was during that time that I started to realize how different Bon Bon and I were from the rest of the Ultimates here. To be more exact, I was surprised at the fact Bon Bon never mentioned her career or title during the entire time. It was like they didn’t even exist in her world, or that she lacked the care for it that the other ponies here seemed to.

“Is something wrong Bon Bon?” I asked out of nowhere. “You’ve been a bit reluctant to talk about your career.”

“I don’t see why that would make you think I’m sick or anything,” Bon Bon addressed. “Besides, I’m fine. Do you think I should be talking about it more or something?”

“It’s not that… at least not completely that,” I told her, feeling like I was trying to force her to talk about something she hated. “You just don’t strike me as an Ultimate whenever we talk, that’s all. When I talk with Rainbow, Flam, or any of the others the conversation always seems to drift to their talents and career. You, on the other hand, don’t really mention any of that.”

“I guess that is because my life has been more normal than the rest of the ponies here,” Bon Bon guessed, thinking it over in her head. “I liked baking when I was younger, especially treats, but that’s all there really is to tell of my story. I’m a candy maker, not the prize pupil of Celestia like Twilight was or a member of her personal guard like Flash,” I nodded my head as she said those things, noticing just how different they were. “I’m just a small town mare from the equestrian countryside, and that’s all there really is to it. Becoming an Ultimate changed next to nothing.”

“Guess that makes you and me the two most insignificant ponies here,” I pointed out, screwing a dagger into my heart as I thought about that. “You know, we need some sort of special thing about ourselves. Not that anypony will remember Ditzy Do, Ultimate Mail Carrier anyway, but we should at least try and stick out.”

I didn’t like thinking of myself that way, but it was ultimate the truth. The Ultimate Candymaker and the Ultimate Mail Carrier, that was much less exuberant than the Ultimate Nurse or Ultimate Cellist. Bon Bon and I were, in every possible way, the definition of normal here in the castle. Heck, we were probably the definition of normal outside of the castle as well! Nopony would remember someone whose talent was getting a box from point A to point B.

“You sure it’s really that bad?” Bon Bon asked. “Not everypony wishes to be remembered or known as some great hero. Some of us prefer to just go about life and taking part of its many wonders. Finding love, getting a job, have a meal at a restaurant every once in a while, even something so simple as sitting on a bench can be better than becoming popular.”

“That’s true, but I still feel like we’re out of place,” I told her, not completely understanding what she had been getting at. “They’re all so… unique compared to us. I feel like we need to do something in order to stand out.”

“Were you listening to what I was saying?” Bon Bon asked again. I nodded my head, still not realizing that I missed the point. “Well, if you really want to try and be ‘unique’, than I guess I will do the same. Just tell me when an idea comes to your head, okay?”

I nodded my head, an innocent smile taking shape on my muzzle before I bid farewell to the Ultimate Candymaker. I could tell she wasn’t interested in what I was trying to get her to do, but by the end of this I hope we would find something to make us stand out more.

——- Chapter 3: Dungeons and Death ——-

The rest of the day past by before I knew it and I soon heard the familiar chime of Monokuma calling us all to bed. Today was probably the most normal day since I’ve arrived here, though that isn’t saying much. I don’t know why but something about this entire place and the situation we were started to feel odd. I felt like there was something right in front of me that I couldn’t recall or notice. Something that was haunting me, making me second guess the actions I took. It scared me, and as I went to bed, I thought of the same thing I have been since I got here.

I wished to go home.

Author's Note:

This might be shorter than that of previous FTE segments, though that mostly has to do with the FTE’s I have planned for these two characters. Some of them are going to be shorter than others, and some of them are going to be longer. They will all have five parts to them, but how long each individual event takes place isn’t the same. I don’t really have a reason to be stating this since some of you probably already know that, but I am so whatever.

Anyways, I meant to say this earlier, but Pinkie is going to be off limits for FTE’s in this chapter. Mariofan pointed it out to me and it does make sense considering the current circumstances with her. Anyways, I’ll see you guys in the next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next