• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 2,530 Views, 256 Comments

Danganronpa V.E: Creating Chaos - Lusaminia



After waking up in the garden of an unknown castle, Ditzy Do finds herself forced to play a killing game with 15 ponies called the ultimates. Will she make it out through alive, or will the murderers escape free.

  • ...
8
 256
 2,530

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: Unfortunate Seventeen - Free Time Event (A.K. Yearling and Rainbow Dash 2) + end of daily life

I made my way to the living room, walking past multiple other ponies as I did. Upon opening the door I was slightly thrown off, having forgotten how different the area was to that of the second floor lounge. The stone walls and gothic style furniture is a giant contrast to the more cozy and mysterious feel of the lounge which I had first visited with Rainbow. I had to agree with Rarity in terms of which one had the better style, as I felt like I was right on top of a dungeon. However, I could see that A.K., who sat on the couch writing in her book, seemed to prefer the gothic feel.

“Um… hey there A.K.!” I called to her from the otherside of the room. She waved back to me, and small smile on her face. “Sorry if I had made things awkward earlier, with the whole last name thing I mean.”

“Well you definitely have a talent of making conversations awkward,” She joked, though we both knew that she wasn’t wrong. “I don’t think I’m ever going to be able to forget the whole broken windpipe thing.”

“Could… could you please not bring that up?” I asked, not immediately realizing that A.K. was giggling slightly. “What are you laughing about, it isn’t funny!”

“Sorry, I really couldn’t hold it in. You have a knack for causing some silly reactions,” A.K. Yearling told me, though she didn’t stop giggling. In fact, it only seemed to get louder before she was finally able to get a hold of herself. “It feels good to laugh in a situation like this, you know? Kinda reminds me of this one scene I read, where two characters with a great amount of pain in their lives laughed their worries away. It’s sad that nopony takes things like that seriously.”

We continued to talk for some time, switching between various different topics of discussion. A.K. would tell me about different stories she’s read and about the importance of themes and characterization in story telling. I didn’t think that it would be too hard to grasp, but I was surprised at how complex those things could be. The conversation gave me a great understanding of authors such as herself, and a lot of respect too. Hearing an expert on the subject speak about it made me feel really incapable about such things.

“Hey Ditzy,” A.K. said after getting on the topics of character types. “Have you ever heard about the concept of a ‘mary sue’ character before?”

“I don’t think so,” I responded with a shake of my head. “Is the character’s name Mary Sue or is there something I’m not understanding.”

“Heh, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if a mary sue called themselves Mary Sue, but no,” She answered. “Thing of mary sues as the ideal pony, one who is so perfect and flawless that they could do absolutely no wrong. Everyone follows what they say and they can’t be killed because of one reason or another, which once again makes the absolutely perfect. They’re the kinda characters that many readers hate because there is no way to relate to them.”

“I see,” I responded, making sure that I had gotten all of it. “I guess I could understand why ponies would hate that kinda character, but does that mean anyone who tries to act overly kind is considered a mary sue?”

“No that’s not the case at all,” She shook her head as she spoke, before looking away in thought. “Some characters in stories are just kind in general, it doesn’t make anyone a mary sue. The rules aren’t very specific, but the nice thing about writing Daring Do is that I’ve experience it all before. I know the events that are depict in the book from memory and I know what kinda pony Daring Do is.”

“Sounds a lot simpler that’s for sure,” I replied. “I guess that’s one of the reasons you have so many best sellers. You’ve created a character that everyone is able to relate to, but knowing me I’d probably make the mistake of making a mary sue.”

“I never said that creating characters are easy, and since I’ve experienced everything I should honestly get a pass for that,” I was looking away at that point, but a scowl had taken shape on A.K. Yearling’s muzzle as she said that, her head lowered to be equal with her shoulders. “And yet I still have to deal with those stupid reviewers who think they are so much smarter and more important than anypony else.”

“Um, are you okay?” I asked, having not caught most of what she had said. As soon as she heard my voice she must have hidden the scowl, as it had disappeared as soon as I had turned to her.

“Nothing that you need to be concerned about,” A.K. replied, adjusting the glasses that were falling off her face. “It’s something that I need to deal with myself, and despite them I’m still more famous than they will ever want me to be.”

I never managed to find out what A.K. was so upset about, but the rest of our chat went rather smoothly. It wasn’t really my business anyway, as it seemed to be rather personal information, but if I am rather curious to know. Deciding to let it be for the moment, I grabbed a quick snack and went off in search of someone else to talk with. My first motion was to go outside, as the last few days have made me feel slightly claustrophobic due to having spent much of it inside. There was another reason of course, and she was flying above me as I opened the door.

“Ha, called it!” She shouted as she landed in front of me. “I knew you would head through that door at that exact moment. Please, hold your applause and autographs till later.”

“Do you really have to do that everytime this happens?” I rolled my eyes, reminding myself of how often Rainbow Dash did this back in our high school years. “Nice to know your keeping sharp though after all these years.”

“Hey, if I don’t stay sharp how do I expect to get into the Wonderbolts?!” She asked me, and even though I didn’t answer her she leaned back, her wings keeping her floating as she smiled and looked into the sky. “Yeah, what a day it’ll be when that happens. Me among the greatest fliers in all of Equestria, helping the next generation of amazing fliers and showing everypony just how awesome I really am.”

Rainbow didn’t stop there, continuing to monologue to herself about what the future would be like. I simply listened to her as she mentioned various different events that she would take part in, and the future of those she would train. I never really imagined Rainbow Dash as the teaching type, but I guess flying would be a special exception. Yet, even as she spoke so openly and optimistic about these things, I occasionally saw a frown on her face. She would quickly hide it with a fake smile, but after a time her facade finally fell apart.

“Hey Dee, about the entire bullying thing.”

“Rainbow, you really need to stop bringing it up,” I told her, unable to believe that even after all this time she was still stuck on that topic. “Look at me, I’m physically and mentally fine… okay that first part may not be entirely true but still.”

“I’m not talking about what I did to you Dee,” She told me, pawing the ground with her hoof, something that I realized she been doing a lot recently. “It’s about all the others who I picked on. You… weren’t the only one that colt had me hurt, though I was scared of telling you because of what you would think.”

The reality of it hit me harder than I expect, but I guess I should have known. That colt wanted her dreams destroyed, and if he wasn’t going to cut her wings off then he is going to shape her reputation. How did I never notice this? I should have known about considering I was just as much of a victim… though I guess I never really told anyone that. Nopony wants to admit that they’ve been bullied, even the bully themselves.

“I know you’ve forgiven me, but I’m sure most of the others haven’t,” Rainbow explained. “Most likely, none of them are ever going to. Even after apologies and everything they would all glare at me in the hallway and stay away from me. I… was an absolute jerk, and I’m never going to be able to rebuild what I had.”

“I can’t really say anything against that,” I said in realization, knowing that Rainbow was correct in many regards. “But the pony you were then and the pony you are now are completely different. No matter what you say I’m not going to change my stance on that.”

“I was never saying we shouldn’t be friends but… I’ve been thinking about alternate career choices,” This was a shock to me, and judging from the fact she was waving her hooves around like a madmare, she realized something she said was off. “I-I’m not giving up on the Wonderbolts of course, but even as part of the weather team I only have part-time pay. I hate to say it but... if things don’t work out I might go back to college.”

I could tell she had been thinking about this for a very long time, and the fact she was willing to open up to me was a bit of a surprise. Though I guess I could understand her, given that I originally didn’t want to be a mail carrier myself. It was degrading learning how many of the jobs in Equestria require good eyesight, and I can’t really get classes to fix any vision issue. The Ponyville Postal Office was the first place that actually hired me, and while it was originally going to be a short time thing, I found myself enjoying it.

“If you do end up somewhere else, don’t completely lose your dreams,” I told her, putting one of my hooves on her shoulder. “Even if they won’t take you now, things can happen that may open up a place for somepony like you. Besides, who was it that made the Sonic Rainboom again? You did! No matter your record, there are some things ponies are willing to overlook.”

“I never said I was giving up!” Rainbow exclaimed. “I’ll go practice right now just to show you that, got it?”

Rainbow forced me to watch her practice, but I really didn’t mind. Knowing that she was willing to stick to her dream even against the odds, that’s what makes her loyal. After practice I noticed that the sun was still high in the sky, though I had been burned out by talking to ponies today. Deciding that it was far too early to go back to sleep, I went up to the second floor library and find something to read. When I arrived, however, I found myself standing in front of a room that had been scattered by dozens of books.

“What happened in here?” I asked, though the lack of answer told me no one else was inside at the moment. “Whelp, since somepony else didn’t I might as well to the same.”

Not thinking about why the library was such a mess, I started to pick up the dozens of books that were lying on the floor. Figuring that they had simply been knocked over for some reason or another, I put them back on the nearest shelf. It should have crossed my mind when I had accidently placed a Daring Do novel in the sci-fi section that this was a terrible train of thought. As I neared the final few books, I found one that had caught my eye and picked it up. I placed it to the side and finished up my task before picking it back up and deciding to head to the lounge.

As I entered the hallway, it had still not crossed my mind exactly how the library had been turned into such a disaster. My eyes were focused on the lounge door only a few feet away, humming to myself happily. As I reached the door I attempted to open it, turning the knob with a wing and pushing in, but it didn’t budge. I stood there confused, continuing my endeavor to open try and open it. It still wouldn’t budge, and my frustration grew as it stayed unfaltered by what little strength I could put into my attempts to open it.

“Open dang it!” I commanded, half expecting it to actually follow what I had said. “Open! Open for Celestia sake before I ask Bulk to-”

“You called!” I turned to Bulk, who I hadn’t noticed was watching my endeavor. “Don’t worry, I’ll have this door down before you can say no!”

I decided to hide the fact that I could have easily said no in the amount of time it took for him to get to the door. As he positioned himself in front of the door I backed up, watching as he readied himself to ram head first into it. With a battlecry he charged forward, slamming the door hard with his absurdly strong body, but the door didn’t budge. Not defeated, he took a few steps back, aimed, and charged again. This time he managed to knock the door straight off, sending it flying to the back side of the lounge.

Than we both saw it, crackling there in the fireplace. Neither of us had heard screams, and no one else was inside. Her beautiful coat was long gone, the fire had burnt it away before we had arrived. Not even her mane, the most recognizable part of her, was anything but recognizable, having been disintegrated. Bulk and I pulled her out of the still lit fireplace, and saw the horrible truth. This elegant, beautiful pony right in front of us had been murdered. That eternal figure that seemed so beautiful…

...Rarity, the Ultimate Dressmaker, was burnt so horribly you wouldn’t even recognize her.

Author's Note:

For the second story in a row, Rarity is the chapter 2 victim. I will admit I hate myself for it, but I felt ashamed not going through that entire murder and plot and I wanted to try it again. It’s by no means the same exact murder from Equestrian Despair, but I think that this is honestly for the best. Parts of that never really worked out, which is why I actually was never able to finish the murder in the first place.

So who do you think killed Rarity? Leave your guesses in the comment section if you have any idea.

PreviousChapters Next