• Published 1st Oct 2017
  • 499 Views, 51 Comments

Elements of Heroism Special: Reflections - Bahamut0



A stranger has arrived through a mirror, and has come to seek Celestia's help. Naturally, the Elements of Heroism are eager to assist. But this new world contains a deadly new enemy. Themselves. Their dark reflections.

  • ...
2
 51
 499

Shards

Mirror Castle of the Two Sisters. Throne Room.
Mirror Celestia sat impatiently on her throne. Tapping her fingers against the arm of her throne. "Those fools better not have gotten themselves lost." She grumbled to herself. Sure enough, Mirror Burst and his team, six in total, came through the doors. "I've half a mind to incinerate you for delaying me so long. Were it not for the fact you lot serve as impressive replacements for the army I wished to construct."

"Didn't know you cared." Mirror Burst said with a sneer. "So you've seen what we can do. Now. What do you want us to do next?"

Mirror Celestia cracked a dark smile. "It's likely little Sombra is quite shaken up from your little encounter. Now? I'd like to shatter him at his core. Hope you all planned on visiting Canterlot."

"Heh! Always wanted to trash a city." Mirror Burst said with a smirk. "C'mon boys. We're gonna have a grand old time." As the group of brutes walked, each member of Mirror Burst's team decided to give their input on their orders.

"Man. What a drag." Mirror Inferno moaned. "Couldn't you guys just leave me behind with my tunes?"

Mirror Tyrannus huffed in response. "You're such a stiff, you know that? You barely do a thing while I take care of the heavy destruction." Mirror Tyrannus then scowled. "In fact, I don't know why I'm bothering hanging around shrimps like you. Much less taking orders from-!" Mirror Tyrannus gasped for air when he saw Mirror Burst's hand on his neck! Grasping tightly as Mirror Tyrannus struggled to breathe!

"Simple. Bigger doesn't equal stronger." Mirror Burst said with a sneer. "You'd do well to remember that. Because I'm not one who takes kindly to those who question my power. You want more proof? Next time you'll wake up in Tartarus. We clear?" Mirror Tyrannus slowly nodded. "Good." Mirror Burst released his hold. "As for why Inferno's with us, he's just a space-filler." But as they walked, another presence was sensed. "So. The teacher's pet is getting jealous, is she?"

Mirror Twilight stepped out from the shadows. "You're darn right I am! How could the princess trust such an important job to punks like you?!"

"What're you going to do about it?" Mirror Burst tautned. "Lecture me?"

Mirror Twilight smirked. "Something like that." She then fired a powerful blast of magic that sent Mirror Burst reeling. "Not so high and mighty now, are we?" She was then shocked when Mirror Burst stood up and stretched. "Wh-what?!"

"Well, well. You never told me that you could hit that hard." Mirror Burst said with a dark smile as he approached Mirror Twilight. "Don't think I'll forget this. I'll be expecting more out of you when I get back here." Mirror Burst turned, and resumed his group's departure.

Mirror Canterlot Castle.
Burst stared down at the city below. He'd since returned to his natural form. However, the previous verbal bout he'd gone through with Mirror Sombra still rang fresh in his mind. As well as how he'd reacted when Mirror Sombra kissed Celestia right in front of him. Burst sighed. "Maybe I got a little too hasty back there."

"So...how are you feeling?" Celestia asked nervously.

Burst turned to face her. "I feel hurt. A little bit betrayed."

"All of which I really can't fault you for." Celestia said with a sigh. "I'm sorry. I should have told you that, well, you weren't the first to be my boyfriend."

Burst blinked. "Actually? I figured that I wasn't the first one to date you." He then stared deep into Celestia's eyes. "I'm just a little bit jealous that I wasn't the first one to make you feel that you weren't alone. Or at least, I was. But all this begs the question: When did you two meet?"

"It was during the darkest chapter of my life." Celestia said sadly. "Not too long after Luna and Moon were bansihed to the moon. I discovered the mirror world. And I was in complete awe of what lay beyond the mirror." Celestia then looked to the sky with a sad smile. "It was the world that I had wanted most during that time. My sister was still on Equestria, and was loved by the kingdom. Sombra was a good and noble king who loved his subjects as I love mine. And in time, the two of us came to love one another. It was a world filled with everything I wanted. Everything...I knew I couldn't have." Celestia then turned her gaze to Burst. "But that's no longer the case. Because of you Burst."

Burst slowly smiled. "That one little promise I made held a lot of weight, didn't it?"

"And yet you kept your promise." Celestia then advanced towards Burst. "And you gave so much more. I won't lie. Sombra spoiling me while we were dating? It was nice. But you just see me as a regular person. That's done more for me than anyone has before. It's part of why Moon and I love you so much." Celestia then cupped Burst's face, and smiled lovingly.

Burst blushed lightly. "So...what's the other part?"

"Because all of you loves all of Moon and me." Celestia answered. "I knew that the moment you held me in your arms when you first transformed into your nightmare form. When I looked into your eyes. They were still the eyes of my dragon knight. The one I love so much." The two of them closed their eyes, and the distance between themselves, with a kiss. They would've been lost in it if the rest of their group and Mirror Chrysalis collectively "Aaaw"-ing at the affectionate display.

Burst blinked before smirking. "I'm guessing the two of us are giving you all the right idea?"

"You got that right." Inferno said with a chuckle. Each of the Elements of Heroism who were dating a member of the Main 6 soon took hold of their respetive girlfriend.

Mirror Chrysalis sighed happily. "I've never seen purer loves before now." Her mind then snapped as she came to a realization. "Well, save for the love Sombra had, still has for Celestia. But...maybe I shouldn't have said that."

"Hey, don't worry." Burst said with a small smile. "We came here because you needed help. And just because your Sombra still has feelings for Celestia, that doesn't give us an excuse to up and ditch you when we're needed. We've got a job to do, and a world to save." Burst raised his fist to the air. "Heroes to the core!"

"HEROES TO THE CORE!" The rest of the Elements of Heroism shouted as they raised their fists to the air as well! A guard soon came, and announced that Mirror Sombra and his council had called a meeting to discuss the coming battle against Mirror Burst and his gang.

"So. What do we know about my counterpart so far?" Burst asked.

Mirror Sombra took a deep breath. "Not much. Except for a few chilling facts that still haunt me from our first encounter. Part of the reason as for why I reacted so frantically when you transformed was because your nightmare form bares a striking resemblance to your counterpart's. Also, your counterpart seems to revel in fighting. Most evident when he engaged the force I'd assembled to face him. Lastly, he appears to be under the employ of the dark sisters." Mirror Sombra shivered at the memory. "And most disturbing of all is that he said he'd be bringing along some 'friends' upon his return."

"Yeah? Well you've called in some pretty powerful friends of your own." Steel said with a smirk. "We've got skills, AND numbers! They don't stand a chance!"

Rainbow Dash grinned. "Plus, you've got the six of us too! With two teams of elements, this'll be a piece of cake!" The group was about to share a laugh when the sound of something pounding against the city gate was heard going off in the city below! The group scrambled to a nearby balcony, and their eyes went wide as the entire city was starting to get whipped into a panick as the banging got louder and louder! One final crash of sound, and Mirror Burst and his gang of five stormed into Canterlot! Immediately trashing the city!

"Looks like they've decided to play in your house." Burst said as he looked at Mirror Sombra. "Well. Time to show them what happens when they trash other people's homes! C'mon guys! Let's rock the dragon!" Burst led the Elements of Heroism while Twilight led the Main 6! However, when Burst and the guys saw their counterparts wreaking havoc, they were horrified. Not only because they seemed to utterly enjoy the destruction, but because it was them. Their own faces reflected in a mirror darkly. The guys' counterparts ceased their rampage, and stared at their counterparts.

"Hmph." Mirror Tyrannus scoffed. "Your face annoys me. You look like a nice guy. I hate that."

Tyrannus glared at his counterpart. "Is it wrong that I hate myself?"

"Not in the least." Akage answered. "First time I've ever made myself sick."

Mirror Akage rolled his eyes. "You've the looks of one who does not take your position seriously."

"At least your counterparts look invested." Inferno noted. "Mine looks like he doesn't even wanna be here!"

Mirror Inferno shrugged. "Really don't want to. But hey. It's not like I was gonna do anything better."

"Ugh!" Mirror North groaned. "Mine looks so clean! I think I'm going to go blind just looking in his direction!"

Mirror Steel scowled at Steel! "I hear ya. Mine looks like such a straight arrow. How dull."

"Yeah? My honor keeps my edge sharp!" Steel shot back!

Burst merely stared at Mirror Burst. And Mirror Burst stared right back. "You're supposed to be me?" Mirror Burst asked in annoyance. He then looked over Burst's friends. "Guess your friends wanna tangle with mine. Let's see who's the broken reflection!" Both sets of counterparts charged at each other! Tyrannus locked fists with his counterpart! Only to send his dark reflection flying with one punch!

"The bigger the bully, the harder they fall." Tyrannus noted as he watched his counterpart fall to the ground again as soon as he tried to stand. "And I'd say you've fallen pretty hard."

At the same time, Akage was fighting his counterpart! The two of them were almost an even match. However, Akage held one key edge over his counterpart. He was good at taking it easy. Akage moved so fluidly as he dodged his counterpart's slashes. "Your movements are too tight." Akage noted as he tripped up his counterpart! He then cut through his counterparts regular steel blade with his plasma katana! "No room for flexibility."

Inferno was about to pull his blaster on his counterpart, but Mirror Inferno just shrugged and joined the other defeated counterparts."Well so much for an epic clash with my counterpart." Inferno said with a sigh. "But I guess I should've seen that coming. Since I'm so hot-blooded and involved, he's cold and distant."

Meanwhile, North and Steel were running their counterparts into the ground! "Wait!" Mirror Steel begged! "I give! I give!" He then proceeded to grovel! "J-Just don't hurt me anymore!"

Steel frowned. "Man. No dignity in defeat." Steel advanced on his counterpart, but leaped back when his counterpart swung at him with a knife! "I figured someone honorless like you would pull a dirty trick." Steel then flew at his counterpart! Sending him into a wall and knocking him out cold.

"Nice one Steel!" North cheered before pointing his shot blaster, Polarity, at his counterpart. Point blank. "Hopefull you're not as foolish as your friend back there." Mirror Borth gulped and walked slowly to the pile of defeated coutnerparts. "Good. All that leaves is Burst."

Burst and his counterpart were still staring each other down. Mirror Burst looked to his defeated gang, and scoffed. "Figures that I shouldn't have brought these losers along. In the end, I'm the only one who can get the job done. Besides. That would leave more fun for me." Mirror Burst said with a cruel smile.

"This is where your fun ends." Burst said sternly as he activated Bahamut Aether!

Mirror Burst smirked. "Let's see if I can beat myself!" Mirror Burst drew his sword and charged at Burst! Only for his blade to be cut down by Burst's sword! The remnants smoking from where it had been cut! "What the-?!" Mirror Burst barely had anytime to react when Burst punched him full force into the pile of defeated counterparts!

"Leave now." Burst said as he pointed Bahamut Aether at the pile of defeated counterparts. "I'll only ask this once. The next time, we'll finish what we started."

Mirror Burst scowled as he engaged an emergency teleport for his gang. Upon the rogues fleeing, all of Canterlot cheered! But the two sets of elements didn't stay to enjoy the praise. Meeting back with Mirror Sombra and his council back at the castle.

"It seems you weren't exaggerating their skills." Mirror Sombra noted as he finished reviewing footage from the battle.

Burst nodded. "It also looks like our counterparts haven't ascended like we have. Meaning they can still be destroyed if all else fails." Burst then locked eyes with Mirror Sombra. "But they're only a part of the problem. We need to take the fight to the root of the issue. We need to take this fight to Mirror Celestia."

"WHAT?!" Mirror Sombra screamed! "But-but that's insane! Even with an entire army behind me, I would scarcely make a dent in her power!"

Burst sighed. "Look. You've got a group of thirteen heroes who've beaten impossible odds and have taken down almost god-level threats. Some of us are Avatars now. Meaning we're immortal. No Sombra. The only weakness is within yourself. And you're going to have to face it." Burst then took a deep breath. "And you're going to be taught by me to do it."

"Wh-what?!" Mirror Sombra sputtered! "B-But that's impossible! I-I can't do it!"

Burst frowned. "Only if you don't believe you can't. It's not impossible. I've done it. You can too."

"NO!" Mirror Sombra screamed! "I can't! I don't believe I can! That part of me..."

Burst slapped Mirror Sombra across the face! "Only holds power over you if YOU let it!" Burst then gripped Sombra by the shoulder. "It's clear you don't believe in yourself. So don't. Believe in the me that believes in you."

"You...you would help me? Even after, well, that kiss I gave Celestia earlier?" Mirror Sombra asked.

Burst sighed. "I won't lie. I'm still just the least bit ticked at you for that. But if there's a chance you can change your world's Celestia for the better by facing your other half? It's clear you need some serious help with that." Burst then smirked. "And it's gonna be the most painful thing you're gonna experience."

Mirror Sombra gulped. "W-When do we begin?"

"Soon as you're willing to start." Burst replied. "You think your Celestia's your worst enemy? Trust me. Your dark side is going to be the toughest opponent you'll ever face."