• Published 25th Sep 2017
  • 218 Views, 0 Comments

Balance - TwilightSpark



2 sisters. One taking the path of evil, and the one of good. Which one will prevail?

  • ...
 0
 218

Chapter 1

The sun had risen, it had never stopped until it reached the high point in the sky all across the land. The temperature gradually rose and rose until it peaked at that of the summer. As it reached at its high point, it suddenly stopped. With a bright flare its rays grew in intensity. The sun's light was powerful to all who felt it. They felt the burn, they felt the light, they felt the power. The power of the mightly leader, Queen Coronal Flare.

The sun had never set, the days would never end. The sky would never change, not a single cloud in the sky, nor a single speck or rain droplet would fall across the land. Animals fled to the shade, forests began burning. Burning like the utter rage and anger in her's heart. The ponies of the land had no chance against her. Many had perished, as a lesson to show the dominance of their Queen.

Many years later...she stood on the Canterlot balcony, the highest balcony of all. Her gleaming white coat, bright like white light. Her mane like that of a roaring fire, one that wanted to consume all. Her slit fiery orange eyes narrowed at the sight of the land below. The burning sun on her flank glowed slightly with her anger. The balcony started to show signs of black, signs of extreme heat bestowed on it. She knew something was not quite right. Something...that stood against her. She could feel rebellion somewhere...but where? But who..?

She took flight through the dry hot air. Her powerful armored wings carrying her through the air effortlessly. As she flew overhead the ponies below had bowed to her, afraid of what might happen should they try to stand against her. With a determined blow through the air. She had begun searching for something out of the ordinary. She felt...it was directly below her. But also even further than that. She couldn't reach this spot. So she would let it reach her instead.

Coronal Flare eventually headed back to her canterlot castle. Going in, finding her bedroom. Her mood calmed. Her roaring flaming mane was quenched like a fire deprived of its air, but not entirely. With the click clack of her armoured hooves across the floor, the door shut. She slipped off her horse shoes, looking down at her brilliant white hooves. The burning sun on her flank lost its glow entirely. She had retired to sleep.

She had dreamed of an eternal flame consuming the world. Her anger never quenching. Her anger of being abandoned for nothing had gotten the best of her, turned her into something she never wanted to become previously. Suddenly, the flame stopped. It had hit..a wall of sorts. She flew out, her mighty alicorn wings taking her through the crisp air quickly. The flames were stopped by what appeared to be.. a wall of an icey, bluish glow to it. She growled lowly at this, and thats when her dream ended.

She had no clue how much time had passed at all. She had slipped her elegant white hooves into her horseshoes. The firm click signaling they had went on tightly. She had made her bed and went outside. Looking into the sky. She saw a sort of spot in the sky of darkness. Her wings carried her into the sky with a large, few flaps. The spot of darkness grew in size, slowly but surely. She was determined, as the sun's rays were fighting fiercly to destroy this spot. But yet it wouldn't be quenched.

The spot grew closer and closer until she saw what the spot was. It was a dark, tall alicorn that was a she. About her height. The alicorn had a mane and tail that were like that of the night sky. The sky which she hated the most. Her coat was that of a very dark blue. She was fully armored. Coronal Flare didn't see a cutie mark though. The alicorn floated there, calmly.

Coronal Flare did a deep, low menacing growl. She fired a beam of pure flame and fire at the other alicorn. The alicorn responded with a deep black, and electric looking beam. The 2 great alicorns kept this up. Both realized the other was an equal, with equal firepower.

The 2 alicorns had engaged eachother in a fierce show of flames, and black lasers. The lasers seemed to dissolve the flames on contact. The flames seemed to burn the alicorn if they got close enough, which some did. The alicorn didn't make a single sound. Her deep blue, nightly eyes stared at Coronal Flare with a deep gaze, but a calm one.

"Who are you??" Coronal Flare hissed like a snake. The other alicorn did a very slight smile.

"Who am I? Well...who are you..? Why are you acting like this? Can't you see what your tyranny has done to the land?!" The other alicorn asked, with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Coronal Flare did a growl. "I am your Queen! I am Queen Coronal Flare!" she shouted proudly and angrily. The other alicorn seemed unphased.

The 2 stopped silently, they felt...a sort of connection to eachother. Like they had met eachother before. The other alicorn floated in the air, her wings seemed to just...not move at all. But they were flared. Strange. The silence reigned the air around them except for the occasional wind gust.

"My name is...Lunara. Herald of the Moon and Night. I am here to put an end to your tyrannical reign." she said firmly. A gleaming star of purple appeared infront of her. Lunara did a sad sigh, and with a pulse of her magic, the star started to spin in the air. Rainbow colored magic emitted from it in a violent swirl into the air above them, going up very high and then slamming down into Coronal Flare, who felt her magic weakening by the second.

"I hereby sentence you to your own sun, farewell...Tyrant." Lunara said, sadly. Coronal Flare's eyes went to a soft pink. "Sister..no..." she said, on the verge of tears. Lunara didn't reply, Coronal Flare whisked away, away. Gone. Banished.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment