• Published 25th Sep 2017
  • 326 Views, 0 Comments

Child of the Fog - Renaissance Muffins



Legend tells of a mysterious fog and its giving nature, but what happens when that fog comes around to Ponyville?

  • ...
 0
 326

Morning 5

The fifth morning, Pinkie went shopping. Looking for a vase that would suit the lily. She came across a flower vase that was a dark and pale purple. Its surface pristine and polished with no designs plastered across its typical shape. She bought the vase and dug up some dirt from behind the bakery and stuck it in the vase. Then she brought the vase up to her room and planted the lily in the vase. Instantly, the atmosphere in her room felt lighter and the color of everything inside of it seemed to brighten up. Pinkie smiled, feeling delighted about the changes, despite how subtle they were. She left her room and headed to Twilight's.

When she entered the castle's library, she saw Twilight going through her books. Pinkie asked what she was looking for, Twilight told her that she was looking for the book she had found the day before. She wanted to study the anthology more. Pinkie told Twilight to plant the lily that Morning had given her. Twilight did so, and when she sat the vase down on the center table. When she did, the books began to move and organize themselves. Two books remained untouched, Twilight walked over to the books and saw they were the ones that she was looking for. She cheered and quickly flipped through the pages of the books with her magic. She wondered why the books seemed to be so misplaced.

Pinkie suggested that Twilight may have just buried them under the other books sometime during the night before. Twilight tiredly agreed with Pinkie, realizing that there wasn't a big need to fuss over the misplacement. Pinkie and Twilight went on to eat breakfast at the local cafe instead of eating at the castle for the day. While they ate, they talked about Morning, curious on whether or not there was anything they could do fix the issue with the fog and her emotions. Twilight theorized several possibilities, but she couldn't put the theories to the test without everything that would be required. The real mystery was how she would even test it in the first place. The magic was something she didn't quite understand. Pinkie made a counterpoint to all of her thoughts, saying that maybe there was nothing she needed to do.

Twilight sighed, clearing her thoughts. “Thanks, Pinkie.” She looked at Pinkie, recalling how she always seemed to tell her that she's thinking to hard about something.

Pinkie looked away, toward the mountains that Morning Fog walked to. “I wonder how long it'll be before she comes back.”

“Well, if her fog starts blanketing the entirety of Ponyville again, we'll know.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment