• Published 1st Jan 2018
  • 919 Views, 9 Comments

Scootaloo's Coltfriend - Comrade Bagel Muffin



Scootaloo and Rumble have a date.

  • ...
1
 9
 919

Rumble's Fillyfriend

Scootaloo headed down the stairs to the kitchen. She could already smell the brown sugar, cinnamon, apple oats. Today was going to be a good and special day.

"Good morning Scootaloo." Her dad continued stirring the oatmeal over the simmering stove. "How are you today?"

"I'm doing good dad." She walked into the kitchen and got the milk out of the fridge. "Uhm. Dad?"

"Yes." Quibble cut off stove.

"You know what today is right?"

"Of course I do Scootaloo. Why do you think I making your favorite breakfast." Quibble, put a bowl of flavored oats in front of his daughter. "Today's Hearts and Hooves Day."

"Right." she started fidgeting in her set. "So, I made some plans with one of my friends, for after school."

"Alright you and Rumble have fun." Quibble took a bite of oat meal.

"Dad are you feeling okay?"

"Fine, are you okay you haven't touched you breakfast yet."

"It's just that this isn't, your not, you usually get very crazy, and now you're being really cool about it." Scootaloo shoveled three spoons of oat meal into her mouth and took a gulp of milk.

"Well Rainbow Dash and I had a talk," Quibble answered. "Also it helps that this is the normal thing for colts and fillies to do on this day. Besides you know the rules, be back by ten and-"

"No kissing." Scootaloo finished with a smile. "Right we both know that rule. Now may I get seconds please?"

"Sorry Scoots, but you don't have time for seconds."

"What why not?"

"Because, Rumble's at the door." There were three knocks at the door. Quibble smiled "Coltfriend or brown sugar, cinnamon, apple oats. Choices, choices."

"Rumble, no margin." Scootaloo jumped out of her chair and kissed her dad on the cheek. "Love you Daddy," she said before running out the door with her colt friend.

"Love you too Scoots." Quibble sighed, and got up to make himself seconds.

***

"So Scoot how was your dad about our date for tonight, or did you tell him?" Rumble asked as the two of them walked wing in wing to the school house.

"Actually dad was really cool about it." Scootaloo got side to side with her coltfriend. "So, what do you have planned for us tonight? Anything fun?"

"Well there's going to be a rowing tournament."

"Keep joking like that and I'll dump you." Scootaloo chuckled. "Seriously you said you had something planned now what was it?"

"I said I had a surprise planned," Rumble corrected. "Thing about surprises is if I tell you then you won't be surprised."

"I'll pretend to be surprised."

"I Pinkie Pie Promised that I wouldn't ruin the surprise."

"Okay, I'll let it go, but it had better blow my socks off."

"You own socks?" Rumble blushed slightly.

"Yes I do, and maybe one day I'll let you see me in them." Rumble's whole face went red, causing Scootaloo to burst into laughter. "Come on we're going to be late for school." Scootaloo took of in a full gallop.

"No we're not."

"Race you!"

"No fair you had a head start." Rumble took of after his fillyfriend.

***

When the bell rang many of the colts and fillies left the classroom in their pairs, and headed of for the small village, to spend time with each other in one of the cafés or at Sugar Cube Corner's new parlor. Others headed off to the park to spend time looking at the clouds that floated lazily across the sky.

"So Rumble where are we going, or is that part of the surprise?"

"Well first we're heading over to my place to get some stuff for a picnic." Scootaloo rolled her eyes, it was expected, and he had already planned for that. "Then we're heading into the Everfree Forest for the picnic." The two soon arrived at his house. He left her at the front door, and hurried inside. He came back out a minute later with a picnic blanket folded on his back, and a basket in his wing. "This is going to be the coolest picnic you've ever had." He took her wing again and the two of them headed off to the Everfree Forest.

"I don't think cool is a word I'd ever use to describe a picnic. Even if it was in the Everfree."

"Well just wait until after this picnic, trust me." Rumble gave his fillyfriend a knowing grin. "You'll definitely think that this picnic is cool, or at the very least awesome." They made their way down long forgotten paths, and through parts of the Everfree long forgotten. "It took Zecora and me days to find this place. It's just on the other side of this cave, now close your eyes and take my wing, this is your surprise." The she did so. She felt the cold air of the cave and heard the drops of water all around the cave.

"Are we almost there?"

"Almost. In just a couple more steps." She felt the sun shinning down on her face. The ground beneath her was the softest she'd ever felt, and felt a gentle breeze in her mane. "Go ahead open your eyes." The sun was blinding, at first. Then she noticed she was on a cloud.

"What the hey? We're in the sky!" She started to panic.

"Relax, and look down." Rumble waited for he to calm down and do so. "See the grounds only a few meters down. The clouds here are really weird, and stay super close to the ground. I figured that you've never had a picnic in the clouds before so this would be kinda cool."

"Heck yea, it is."

"Then this next part's going to blow you're mind squirt." An all to familiar mare's voice said as to shadows flew over head. Rainbow Dash and Thunder Lane swopped down. "Cause I'm guaranteed to make anything 20% more awesome." Rainbow and Thunder Lane landed on a cloud near by dressed in their Wonderbolt uniforms.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves Day."

"You're the best Rumble!" Rumble's face lite up bright red as his filly friend tackled him with a hug.

"Th-thanks." The two of them enjoyed their lunch as they watched the two Wonderbolts preform a few quick tricks be they headed back to Ponyville to enjoy the day with their special someponies. "So now that we're done eating what do you want to do? We could go to the roller skate park, or whatever you want."

"Nah." Scootaloo lay down on her back letting her hooves kick over the side of the cloud. "Let's just stay here for a bit." The two of them stayed there floating on the cloud until the sun began to set below the horizon. "Hey Rumble."

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"No problem my brother and Rainbow Dash were glad to do it."

"No not for that. For this." She patted the cloud. "I never thought I'd get to be on one of these without another pony having to fly me up to one. It's nice. Thank you, now do you want your Hearts and Hooves gift?"

"Sure, what is it?" His face went redder than Big Mac. As Scootaloo sat up and kissed him on the cheek.

"I said no kissing till they were older." Quibble watched from inside the cave.

"Oh relax would you, and besides that's just a peck, this is a kiss silly." Quibble stepped back in shook as Rainbow leaned in, after a second he leaned in too. "Now, let the two of them have their fun. besides you have some diner to make."

"Right but it's nearly dark, and-"

"It's fine, I've already asked Zecora to get them back, now let's go." Rainbow Dash lead Quibble out, letting Scootaloo and Rumble to enjoy the moment for just a bit longer.

Comments ( 9 )

Awww, this was short and sweet. And of course Quibble couldn't leave them alone. His stealthy dad skills are legit though.

"It's fine, I've already asked Zecora to get them, back now let's go."

The last 4 words seem out of order here.

Rainbow Dash lead Quibble out letting Scootaloo and Rumble to enjoy the moment for just a bit longer.

Looks like you maybe missing a comma between "out" and "letting".

Other then that, yet another excellent entry in this series.

8642044
Merci glad your still liking them. I thought people might like that one.
8642085
Merci Beaucoup, and yeah I put the comma in the wrong place in the first one. Glad to hear that Merci!

Cute! Can't blame Quibble, beter safe than sorry

This was a cute one. I was waiting for quibble, the over protective dad, to make an appearance lol

This was adorable.

9120121
Merci Beaucoup, I'm glad that you liked it.

Login or register to comment