• Published 24th Sep 2017
  • 2,895 Views, 11 Comments

There Is Still Good In Her - Raptormon132



Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi talk about the tragic story of Tempest Shadow together.

  • ...
10
 11
 2,895

"There Is Still Good In Her"

Luke Skywalker took refuge at Obi-Wan Kenobi's hut after his dangerous encounter with vicious Tusken Raiders on the hot and dry planet of Tatooine, for if it were not for the old hermit, he would have not been still breathing. The two sat together talking about the world of Equestria.


"Do you know of the land of Equestria?"

"Yes. A magical land full of magical ponies. Including one such pony named Fizzlepop Berrytwist."

"I never heard of her."

"She was a powerful, gifted prodigy of magic. And a wonderful example of the magic of friendship. Something I know Twilight Sparkle represents. Like Twilight, Fizzlepop was quite exceptional in all that she believed in. She would have lived up to her full potential as a full grown mare...if it were not for her tragic end that awaited her."

"How did Fizzlepop Berrytwist die?"

"A young unicorn named Tempest Shadow, who was a pupil to Equestria until she turned to evil. Joined with the Storm King to conquer and take over the magical land of Equestria. She betrayed, and murdered Fizzlepop Berrytwist. Then she betrayed Equestria, and all the magic of friendship they believe and represent. Tempest was seduced by the dark side of magic."


Sometime later, after reading about Tempest Shadow's backstory on the MLP wiki, Luke was shocked at what he had just discovered about both Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow backgrounds. To his great shock and disbelief, he found out that both Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow were one and the same. To find out the whole truth, he returns to Obi-Wan, this time on the swamp planet of Dagobah to question on what he told him to get more information on Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow, and to find out the reason how a gifted, good unicorn fell to such evil.


"Why didn't you tell me? You told me Tempest betrayed and murdered the gifted unicorn, Fizzlepop."

"The gifted unicorn...was seduced by the dark side of magic. She ceased to be Fizzlepop Berrytwist and became Tempest Shadow. When that happened, the good, once very gifted unicorn prodigy who once valued the magic of friendship was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

"A certain point of view?"

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Fizzlepop was a good pony. When I first knew of her, she was already a great unicorn. Many ponies, and I myself was amazed how strongly powerful the magic was within her. Until with an unfortunate encounter and attack of an ursa minor caused her horn to break, and caused her magic to go unstable and haywire. And afterwards, she went alone throughout the land, encountering an artifact known as the Misfortune Malachite, and it eventually had her encountering the Storm King. There, he pursued her due to his fascination with both magical artifacts, and her power, despite her broken horn. He offered her to join his cause to conquer, and enslave the magical land of Equestria. I thought that she would come back to her former self later, and resist the temptations before her. I was wrong."

"There is still good in her."

"She's more machine now than pony. Twisted and evil."

"Twilight can't do it, Ben."

"Twilight cannot escape her destiny. She must face Tempest Shadow again."

"She can't kill another pony."

"Then the Storm King has already won. She was their only hope."

"Why would she join the Storm King?"

"The answer to that question is simple. To restore her broken horn."

"But you can't restore broken horns."

"Mm. That is the powers of the Storm King. To gain ones as unfortunate as Tempest to do his bidding, he manipulates them with lies and promises to gain their confidence. His goal to conquer Equestria is potent. The Storm King has an uncontrollable lust for power, and like many like himself before him, will stop at nothing to get it. So he goes looking for those unfortunate enough to encounter him, and uses their biggest weaknesses against them to gain slaves to help satisfy his own greed. Power can be great, but it can be very dangerous, for it can corrupt the hearts and souls of those who can not control it...or worse, themselves. But there is more to his evil lust for gaining greater power than what it seems. It is because he fears the power Equestria has, particularly those possessed by the alicorn princess, and desires to take it for his own to do his bidding. The Storm King knows, as I do. If even just one alicorn princess were to remain out of his grasp, they would be a threat to him and his plans. That is the reason why he orders Tempest to pursue the alicorn princess of friendship."

"Twilight. He fears Twilight. And Tempest, he's just using her. And he'll crush her when he gets what he wants. But there is still hope for her. Her name, Fizzlepop Berrytwist is the name of her true self that she has only forgotten. I know there is still good in her. The Storm King hasn't driven it from her fully. That is why she couldn't destroy Twilight. She has to let go of her hate. It's the only hope she has in turning back to the good side. I could even help her."

"Your heart and insight serves you well. But you must stay out of this affair. Twilight must be the one to do it. It is her destiny to bring her back to the light, and to remember the magic of friendship that she once felt and believed. She is the only hope in saving the land of Equestria. This task has been set before her, and her alone. You have a different destiny awaiting before you. Right now your place is here. So bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit, but they could be made to serve those such as the Storm King."

Author's Note:

This short-fic was inspired by a comment I wrote on someones forum in celebration of the MLP movie soon to be released in theaters this October (or November if you are Australian). And I listened to the release of Tempest Shadow's song from the movie.

Ever since I first reacted to the first teaser trailer, I thought of Tempest Shadow was like the Darth Vader of MLP, and after researching her backstory of MLP wiki, my comment about her was beginning to become more likely true. And I have high hopes for Tempest Shadow, and I feel that there will be a part in the movie where she realizes that the Storm King was using her for her power, and that she will turn against the Storm King, possibly trying to make the ultimate sacrifice, similar to Darth Vader turning on the Emperor in Return of The Jedi. Because if I know Hasbro, they like making references to everything. But I guess we will see what comes about.

All sources of information were gathered by two link in MLP Wiki.
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_Wiki:Workshop/Tempest_Shadow
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_The_Movie_Prequel

Comments ( 11 )

This was most impressive. I would have never have compared Tempest Shadow to Darth Vader. And I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

8446701
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

Good little one-shot! Loved the many references to Star Wars. You're indeed right. Tempest is indeed almost like Darth Vader.

is there a AS in the story ?

8530440
AS? What's an "AS"? :applejackunsure:

8530621
Asperger, Autistic...

8530803
Oh. Well, to answer your question from before: No, there isn't. As far as I know, neither Luke or Obi-wan are anything of a sort.

8639158
I just read your review of my story.
I should tell you that many bronies have labeled Tempest Shadow as the Darth Vader of MLP due to her and Darth Vader's backstories being remarkably similar. In fact, I even speculate that much of Tempest Shadow's character was based on Darth Vader. I should tell you that I have written another Darth Vader/Tempest Shadow story. It's called "I Will Not Fail", and it's an alternate scenario story on what if Darth Vader was part of MLP: The Movie, and was in league with The Storm King.

EI Will Not Fail
Tempest Shadow gets a visit from none other that the dark lord himself, Darth Vader.
Raptormon132 · 1.5k words  ·  175  6 · 11k views

I based the story on an image created by EJLightning007arts, and I even got permission to use that same image from EJLightning007arts himself. As a result, I got demands from readers to make squeals to it, and I even asked EJLightning007arts if he could make title images of each sequel story, and he did. If you're interested, have a read. Also, take the time to watch Star Wars more too, to understand it better.

"I know there's good inside them. I can bring both my father and Tempest into the light I'm sure of it!"


"Burry your feelings Luke. You'll have to face both her and your father or the Storm King will use your feelings for his own plans."

Sometime later, after reading about Tempest Shadow's backstory on the MLP wiki, Luke was shocked at what he had just discovered about both Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow backgrounds. To his great shock and disbelief, he found out that both Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow were one and the same. To find out the whole truth, he returns to Obi-Wan, this time on the swamp planet of Dagobah to question on what he told him to get more information on Fizzlepop Berrytwist and Tempest Shadow, and to find out the reason how a gifted, good unicorn fell to such evil.

cdn.ponybooru.org/img/2020/7/16/245294/full.png

I like how Luke looks up the MLP Wiki on the holonet.:rainbowlaugh:
Got a solid laugh out of me!:rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment