• Published 26th Dec 2017
  • 1,830 Views, 13 Comments

I've Evolved - DoomedPonie



'They say my kind are horrible beings, monsters, predetors, and even terrorists. Well, they're the villians.' -Tristan Cooper, Evolved.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,830

Chapter 2: Realization

In the highest tower of a storybook castle, there lied the most poculiar creature. It seemed equine in form, however, this horse-like creature had mid-night blue fur and a flowing mane and tail of blues that resembled the infinate void that was space. Her large eyes wore a light blue shadow and were a beatiful greenisg blue. This creature also wore some sort of jewelry. Gem embeded siver horse shoes as well as a crown and necklace.
The most amazing were it long, thin horn and wings tucked at its side. Speaking of which,
Her horn gave off a calming blue glow, same at the lit candles that circled around her.
She lied on the marble floor with her eyes closed, the look of worry and curousity somehow plastered on her face.
Gasping, her eyes they shot open, and the candles fell to te grond with a dull thud.
"This is of the upmost corncern..." She said with clear fright, and the accent of old royalty.
**********************************************************************************

Tristan sat perched on the branch. The tree he was roosting in dwarfed all the others around it, proofing it to handle his weight and make a great view point. Not more than a night had pass and he had make amazing distance.
Having consumed the Manicore, Tristan discorved other abilities as well. Inhuman senses that were required for a deadly hunter. Greatly improved speed and agility, weither they were there already and he didn't know how to use them or they WERE from the creature he hadn't figured out. Running on average, he was now fast as a star-athelte and could jump a pole vault in a single bound.
Sitting at the edge of the limb with claws formed, he merely listened.
CRUNCH.
The unmistakable sound of a leaf being crushed.
Snapping his head down, he saw a lone buck chewing some grass below him.
"'Kay, Let's put these powers to practice..." He whispered.
Leaping off the branch, he fell with hands up.
He crashed beside the deer, making a small creator which startled it. But it didn't matter.
With a fast slash of his arms the deer fell to the ground as nothing more than two ends with a few thicks slabs of bloody meat in between. Still in his crouch postion, tedrils wiggled from from his body and gripped the corces, which phased into his own flesh apun contact.
Standing up, Tristan felt the same senesation to a lower exstanet. Placing his hand on his forhead, he let the memeroies come forth. Nothing new compared the Manicore, aside from locations with similar preditors that deer meant to stay away from.
Exhaling deeply, Tristan composed his thoughts. "Alright, maybe I should check out those terriortories and see what they have to offer. After that I may go hunting for some more of those Manicores, might see if I could get that knarly scorpians tail and wings. And after I collect as much gentic material as I can from this place, I might leave the forest. Who knows, there might be a primitave civilization around here I could rule as a God. Yeah, definatly doing that."
Shifting his arms back, another idea came to mind. "Hmm... I wonder how far I could take this shapeshifting thing..." He rubbed his chin.
Tristan bursted into a mass of tedrils that lifted itself by four stalks. As a large grouping formed near end, they fused together.
He was now the buck. Luckily had just absorbing a life times exspirance of walking on four legs TWICE, he didn't fall other.
"Okay... but what about...?" He thought.
Again did tedrils form, the general deer shape getting larger and larger by the second. The recieding tenticles revealed a monster of a buck.
The sheer size alone would have scared the orginal animal to death. This adjusted from was so big that a normal deers antlers would barely reach haldway up this monsters slender neck.
This new deer had sleak, black fur with shinning, large, matalic hooves that supported long, powerful legs. The torso carried the same musculature at his legs. The thick neck lead up to small head. The skin had a tinge of blue adding to the 'death' vibe he was giving off. The eyes sunk into the socket appering as nothing more then green, haunting dots. Small fangs protruded from the lips. The base of his new antlers were ebony that faded into a shining silver at the points. The ends of his horns were far shaper than your average deer, almost pike-like. Instruments fit not for fighting for mates and marking land, but for impaling, for killing.
"Muuuuuuuuch better." He thought happily.
Turning around, he began to run to the nearest preditory den.
Tristan caught quick glances of the lesser woodland critters; such as humming birds, squirls, goothers and the ocasional fellow deer. The simply took one look at him and scattered in any direction that wasn't his. He could't blame them, he would to if he saw a giant, demoic buck prancing through a creepy forest. But he kept onward, these were lesser animals, creature with genitics that would be of no use to him as anyting other than a snack, which he wasn't even sure he needed anymore. Though he did make a mental note to look for a bird and fish later for the water breathing and wings.
**********************************************************************************

The blue and black equine being was in another tower. This time talking to another one of her race. This one was far taller, but slimmer as well. Her alabaster coat paired with her main and tail, they flowed in an invisible wind while colored nearly every color in the rainbow. Like her sister, she wore jewerly but of gold.
Her horn was much longer and her wings far bigger.
"Sister, I am tell you something." The blue one said urgantly.
The elder sister looked down at her with violet eyes. "What is, Luna?"
"Whilst meditating I felt the birth a dark evil, an evil more dark than even that of my time as Nightmare." Luna said, worry cleary seen in her eyes.
Celestia's eyes widen ever so slightly. "I was afraid of this, I too felt this while looking other Twilight's letters. But I merely shrugged it off." She gained a thoughtful exspression. "I'll send word to the guards patrol all the towns in the country side. Where did you feel this power coming from, Sister?"
"In the deepest reaches of the Everfree Forest which no pony has ever seen. We may have to bring in outside forces to aid in the protection of our boarders until this threat is delt with." Luna said.
Celestia raised a brow. "Are you suggesting we place innocent griffion hunters in danger?"
"I'm afraid so." Luna answered.
"No, we may lose citizens to this... beast, but I won't left the emotions of the Griffion Empire make this worse." Celestia decided.
"I understand. I'll send orders to my nightguard to watch over the inner cities when night falls."
**********************************************************************************

The whimpering wolf looked up at the Evolved with begging eyes. Only to be met with a skull crushing stomp.
CRUNCH!
Tristan swished his boot side to side just for the hell of it. Simply by looking at this one he could tell it was a mere beta, fus not needing its lack luster knowledge. Pulling his foot from the gore, he turned to the rest of his handy work. The other pack members were slice, impaled or down right torn in half. Looking at a nearby pool of blood, he recalled the events.
Still charging in his Demonic Deer form, he rushed the den with what he had to guess was the Alpha standing guard. The wolf tired to jump on him, but sadily failed and was scowered by his spear-like horns. The force comnined with the sharpness of his antlers tore the poor thing in half, luckily sparing the brain. Imedietly after ripping the pack leader in half, he jumped into the shallow den. While mid-air, he quickly referted to his human form with claws out and began to paint the walls red.
Despite his brutal and merceless execuations, he was glad there were no pups or pregnate mothers around, that would spare him the guilt of having to end such a young live, or at the very lest, ruining one.
Tendrils spruted out his torso and went for the corpes. Absorbing them, he noticed the pain of floating memories had weaken saverly, more alike that of a light cold.
"Huh... I guess if the memories are almost the same or depecte the same thing it dosen't hurt as much. Or I'm just getting good." He closed his eyes and began to quietly narrate his new memories. "Let's see... Childhood, childhood, hunting, hunting, mating-Didn't need to know THAT-Near by wolf dens and... nothing new." Tristan sighed.
"Shit, I'd at least thought they'd know were more of those Manicores are...!" He said. "Oh well... That deer knew plenty of other places too."
A tingling sensasion rang through out his mouth.
"New power!" He thought. Tendrils swirled around his cheeks and lips. Soon they were repaced with a row of razor sharp teeth streaching ear to ear. The gum-like tissue around the teeth was a blackish color.
He felt them, sticking a finger in his mouth to feel a second, smaller row right behind. He attempted speak.
"Ah... Ah...!" He emitted a low barking sound. Quickly changing back, he sighed again.
"Right... Not structured for speach... Might not use it for other then show then." Tristan said as he popped his jaw.
He looked back down at the drying blood. "I've got to make sure not to take this stuff too far. Too much consumpstion of one species like deer or bears might really fuck with the food chain. I'll have to limit myself to a handful at most, depending if their endangered or not." He caught notice of the setting sunlight.
"Better gather some wood."
After few chops and snips there with the ol' claws, he piled them on the den floor.
"Let's see..." He looked up at his claw, bringing it up to the low ceiling and giving it a quick scratch. Sparks flew from the contact and one luckly one landed on the dead lives of the campfire, igniting it. Sure, he had gained a lesser version of nocturnal vision from the feline aspect of the Manicore, but a fire felt... comforting.
With a stasfied smile, he slid down the wall and sat down beside the fire. His smile turned into a frown.
"Despite these powers, it still sucks being all alone. Sure if I have Cherrie with me or my Dad this'd be more bearable, I miss 'em. What if I get home and I still of these... things? Won't some goverment snobs try and bleed me for a bio weapon? Then it be like the events of Prototype but in real life." He sighed. "Even if I had a way home I can't risk it. They'll hurt them too, I know it." He looked into the fire. "I miss you guys, so much."
He hugged his knees. "And what if their isn't any civilization around here? Will I have to wait for some monkey to figure out how to make fire and then step in? That could a hell of a wait. Maybe I could use the virus and make some intellegent life from these woodland creatures? Heh, that be some 'Ancient Aliens's shit right there, would't it?"
He throw his head, not caring about the scraping of the stone wall on his skull. "I'll have to make sure to do a good search when I get out of this place." Closing his eyes, he began remember the deer's life.
"Okay... Got wolves. Now what? My other options are bears, crocodiles and timber wolves... wait what?" Tristan's eyes snapped open. Quickly closing them again, he borrowed deeper into the deers understanding of these 'Timber Wolves'. Soon he found memories showing a pile of logs and sticks stringed across the ground.
"The hell?"
Suddenly they began shake and move together, forming the shape of a wolf. Two green spheres came to life at the base of this creatures head.
"Weird..." Tristan muttered. He shifted into the wolves and manicores knowlgde. Apperntly they were sentiate pieces of lumber awaked by what he could only guess was magic. Despite being wood, they still hunted and killed prey. The Timber Wolves were also very challenging as well as evidante by the Manicore. Merely smashing them apart would't do it, you'd wither have to split them intarely or burn them.
Tristan reopen his eyes and crossed legs, tinting his fingers in deep thought. "Alright, I'll have to give these guys a wide burp until I can my hands on some termites or make some torces, yes... I'll diffently make the torces Plan B, who knows what kind of abilities I could unlock with those strange creatures, control over plants? Create my own timber wolves? Oh Hell, I'd LOVE that abilitity. I might even be able to create timber deer or rats to act as my eyes and ears... I'll do a search for some rotting stomps in the morning."
Giving a loud yawn, Tristan pulled up his hood and lied down on his side