• Published 26th Dec 2017
  • 1,823 Views, 13 Comments

I've Evolved - DoomedPonie



'They say my kind are horrible beings, monsters, predetors, and even terrorists. Well, they're the villians.' -Tristan Cooper, Evolved.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,823

Chapter 1: Transormation

Tristan walked through the crowds. A plesent smile on his lips. Fans and creators alike surrowned him. He was quite glad Cherrie convinced him to come alone to Comic Con.

Tristan was wasn't like the streyotypical fanboy blob. He had a decent of of five eleven, not bad for a sixteen year old. His skin was fairly pale with very faint freckles on his cheeks. Under his glasses, his eyes were a green hazel. Short hair of light brown adorned his scalp. Patching his chip and upper lip were whiskers he never bothered to shave, yet they somewhat worked for him. His cloths were a plain white shirt and jeans complete with red sneakers. He was fairly average. Made good grades, occasonally did his chores, and even started to develop some sceond glances from the girls he went to class with. Like I said, fairly average.

Around the first few hours of the first day, he and Cherrie had already split up. Without much spending money, Tristan merely walked around admiring the works and others cosplays, even striking up conversations with them. After a while he went back to wandering.

Walking down a bust isle of fan booths, Tristan caught a name on one of the banners,
Prototype.

Snapping to the banner, he saw the booth of completely empty aside for the man behind the counter. Walking up to the booth, he noticed the man's clothing.

A white botton up shirt under an unzipped grey hoodie witch concealed the mans eyes. Over the hoodie was a leather jacket with white strips on the arms. Unable to see his lower body, Tristan prosumed he was bearing jeans and boots as well.

This fucker was cosplaying as Alex Mercer.

Observing the desk, he saw various pieces of Prototype merchindise, shirts, hats, necklaces and even a black watch helmet. What caught his eye though a lava lamp-like device model after a glass vial filled with a reddish substance.
The man noticed Tristan's gaze.

"Intrested, are you?" He asked.

Tristan flashed him a smile. "Huh, you even got the voice down."

The man grinned as well. "Years of practice." He merely answered.

Tristan quickly looked around. "Why isn't anyone else checking out your stuff?" Tristan asked.

The man's grin melted into a small frown. "They have no knowledge of good games."

"Still, this is some sweet merc, I'd kill for the lava lamp." Tristan said as his gaze drifted back to the vial.

"You like? I personally made it myself, modeled it after the very same one from the opening cut scene in the first game." The man said.

"How much?" Tristan asked pulling ot his wallet.

"Since you obviously have good taste, in both games AND products, I'll cut it down to twenty five for you." The man picked up the Lava Lamp, holding it out to Tristan.

"Really? Thanks!" Tristan slapped said payment on the table, taking the lamp.

Walking away, Tristan heard the man speak once more. "Careful, you might get an 'infection'~"

Tristan suddenly felt fatuiaged, his eyes barely keeping. He let out a loud yawn. "Awwww... What's wrong with me...?" His pace noticable slowed. A cosplay remair man caught sight of this and rushed to his side.

The sensation of his hand on his shoulder was all but numb. "Hey pal, you alright?"

Tristan's eyes shut, refusing to open. He fell forward, meetting the ground, he didn't even feel the glass break... And the virus crawl into his cuts.

**********************************************************************************
"Ugh.... W-Where am I?" Tristan sat up, rubbing the headache at the back of his skull as his vision slowly came to.
T'was not the confenction he saw, but a forest.

"Eh-!" His weary eyes snapped open. He took a slow look around.

He was sitting on a small sun lit patch of grass within a thick forest.

Slowly standing up, he called out. "HELLO!?! Anyone there!?!"

For a moment he listen, silently praying for an answer, but all he recieved was his own thumping heartbeat.
He notice a small trail in the dirt before him, hesently, he walked ahead.

Flinching at ever chirp and snap, Tristan marched the path, not noticing it getting larger. After a bit, he reached another small clearing. A giant hollowed out tree stood proudly in the center. The truck was torn open with large claw marks bearing the edges and soil around it. Tristan froze when he saw something stir within.

Moving into the brush along side the path, Tristan took deep breaths as whatever called this place its home slinked out.
It was indescripbable, it's very prescence frightening him to no end. It was large, almost lion-like. Its maw could easily bite him inhalf, Its paws have large claws that would slice him in half, a bulking scopians tail replaced the creatures intended part. The stinger seemed to have a inward curve, likely for dragging in whatever prey it catch. The only thing about this creatur that didn't horrifie him was were its tiny, almost comical, bat wings. Out of the creatures shoulders spouted a miniature set of wings that would pose no advantage to its propose.

It lowered its snout to the ground and took loud sniffs. It looked towards the path Tristan just arrived from and snorted, taking a step forward,Tristans heart nearly jumped ou his throat. Paralized in fear, He merely closed his eyes in preporations of his impending death.

Step after step, they became louder, the beast closer...

The thuds grew closer, then farther.

"Wait..." Tristan opened his eyes. The beast was no where to be seen.He looked back to see it walking down the path.

"Huh..." He muttered himself. Slowly crawled ouy of the bushes, he walked around the edge of this creatures din.

When reach the opisate side of the opening, Tristan's heart finally started to settle.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" A deep roar echoed behind him.

"Shit." His heart prosided his marathon, and so did he.

Tristan ran through forest, dodgeing and docking trees and rocks all while the heavy panting and foot steps crept closer behind.

Imeditaly regreting it, He looked back seeing the beast swinging its paw. Suddenly he felt like an agonizing pain in side as his body went flying.

BOOM!

He collided into a tree, blood spowing his mouth. Sliding down to the groud, he cough more, dying his shirt red. Looking to his side with blurred vison, he saw the shirt was torn and the chunks of flesh missing, undoubtably intended to be a death blow.

The taste of copper and iron tainted his ragged breath, he barely looked up to see the monster slinking in for the kill. Fear over comeing him his one arm that wasn't paralyzied in pain started searching for something to fend off this preditor, even for a moment.

He felt something hard beside him, gripping it tightly and threw it at the monster. Blinded by the mix fear and bloodloss, he failed to notice it small boulder partical buried.

CRACK!

The rock made a sickening crush as it collided with the creatures head, it bonced off leaving a heavy wound above its eye, likely never to heal right. The monster replied with only another furious rowr before leaping at him.
"N-NO!" Tristan shrieked in terror. He swung his fist forward.

SPLAT! THUNK!

Tristan gritted his teeth and shut his eyes tight, waiting for the end. Finally noticing the delay, hesently he open his eye see the beast laying its head on his legs... With his arm jammed in its socket.

"W-what the fuck...!?!" Tristan said in disbelif. Looking up, the monster lied before him with his arm embedded in its skull, obviously it did not move, its only good eye had already rolled back into its head.

His arm started to tingle. Gazing down at his arm, he saw small black tendril morph out of his arm and borrow into the beast skull, much to his horror.

Soon more and more tendril started to from his flesh, cloths and his damn hair as they pulled him closer to the corpse despite his pleads.

Making contact with it, Tristan bursted into a mass of tendrill and meilded into it. Then the dead beast did the same, morphing into a giant, wiggling mass of slimey bits before shrinking back down a smaller size. The asorbed back into each other and shapeshifted back into an uninjured Tristan.

He bolted up looking around in horror.

"W-W-What the HELL!?!" He Shrieked. A blast of pain erupted at the back of his skull. Forcing him to his knees.
"G-Gaaaaah!" He scream as he gripped his hair.

Shutting his eyes, his mind started to fill with visions.

A bright light that fadded to show another beast like the one before, but this one looked down a him with loving eyes.
"MOTHER." The word echoed in his ears.

Next was a series of paws carring him after the mother. They walked through a forest, Suddenly the mother stopped and signaled her pup to halt. She lowered down and looked down a nearby field to see some deer.

"HUNT." The exspreiances of hounreds of hunts and stalking ran through his mind

The next one was somewhat emostianol. He saw the snot of the beast nuzzling its mother, this time much older. It then turned in slowly walked away from the din. Reaching the path, it looked back to its Mother before running down the trail.

"LEAVE." Images of paths, landmarks and watering holes leaked into his knowledge.

Finally he caught sight of himself, this very day through the mons-Manicores eyes. Everything from it waking up and the intense pain of his fists bursting through its eye.

"KILL." Tristan's arms went limp as another tingling wave surge throug them.
Looking down at his arms, the tendrils swriled around them and morph from the shoulders down. Thick, black stalk erupted from his shoulder blades and converged into a pair black, muscular arms that ended with hands with four huge, matalic, blade-like claws that shined menecingly in the sunlight.
Tristans eyes wided with realization. A single name popped into his head.

Alex Mercer.

"Wait... That guy... The vial..." Tristan said to himself, begining to piece things together. "I... I'm an Evolved now..." He raised his hands up, tedrils waving around them once more, restoring them to their defult from.

Droping them, he looked up at the sky. "What am I going to do now?"

Suddenly, a famous qoute came to mind.

"My name is Alex Mercer, I'm the reason for all of this. They called me a killer, monster, a terrorist... I am all of these things."

Tristan's shaking breath calmed as he looked back at the ground. "That's right, I'm not human anymore... I'm something different.... Something better..." He finally stood up. "Judgeing by that creature this certainly isn't the world I once knew. If what I'm thinking is true, then I'm gonna need to explore."

Bringing up a hand, without a thought it morped into a claw. Quickly turned on his heels, he swiped at the tree trunk, like a hot knife in butter the claws left deep cut marks that almost reached the center.

Shifting his arm to normal, he gave a slight smile. "That's certainly going to help." Tristan tunged at his shirt. "Huh..."
Getting into a 'T' pose, an image came into Tristans mind. Tendrils surged around him, vanishing just as quickly as they appered. His shirt was pitch black with a small, blue biohazard sign on the chest. A winter jack went over the T-shirt; the torso was a dark blue while cutting off into a shiny silver at the shoulder ending at the hands with leather gloves. On his legs were a pair of black, boot-cut jeans and untied steel-toe boots.His face had gone under some changes as well.

His whiskery beard was now barely hugging the tip of his jawline. it almost looked penciled on. His wavy brown hair was slicked back and his glasses and formed into a sweet pair of red sport shades. His body had taken a more muscular build as well boosting him to a six foot four.

Looking at his new form, his serious exspression turned gleeful. "Sweet! I'll never have to buy new cloths again." He frowned his brow. "Not that there is cloths store, is there?"

He quickly looked around. "Better start looking around."

And he took off in a random direction.