• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 1,169 Views, 38 Comments

No Better Title - Arc I - ThePerverted1EyedBrony



In the past four angelic beingings came to earth to bring peace and harmony, but failed, 2000 years later the descendant of the one who sealed them away offers them friendship, how will they react being trap in a new world and how will they get home?

  • ...
30
 38
 1,169

Chapter 8 - Truths Revealed [Edited]

Chapter 8 – Truths Revealed

*Luna’s POV*

You walk down the stairs and notice your sister and the other alicorns sitting and watching the television in the living room. You continue to walk down the stairs and once you reach the ground you start to walk towards the others, “Hello everyone,” you say as you walk around the sofa.

“Hi Luna,” your sister says, “How was the talk with Cameron?” she asks you.

“It went well sister,” you say before turning to look away from her, “BUT, he would like to talk to all of us after he finishes his current paper,” you say as you take a seat on the love seat.

“Okay,” your sister looks to the others and then back at you, “Did he say what he would like to talk to us about?” she asks with worry in her voice.

“He just wants all of us to reveal some lies we maybe telling and that’s all,” you tell the others. They all look at you in a mix of shock and panic. “He did say that he would like Amber to be there,” you look around the room and don’t see Amber, “where is she by the way?” you ask the others while looking around the room.

“Oh, Amber, she went to her room to work on some talismans because she wants to get back to work tomorrow,” Cadence tells you.

“Thank you, Cadence,” you tell her. You start to make your way back upstairs.

“Her room is the one next to yours,” you hear Twilight tell you.

“Thank you, Twilight,” you say as you continue to walk up the stairs to go and get Amber.

You head up to Amber’s room and knock on the door, *Knock Knock* “Amber, art thou in there?” you ask through the door.

“Yes, I’m in here. What do you want?” she asks you through the door.

“Cameron told me that he wanted all of us to talk, he didn’t tell me what specifically, but he would like to talk with all of us,” you tell her through the door. You hear a chair moving, then the door opens and you see Amber.

“So… he’s not upset about anything?” she asks you.

“No… I don’t think so… but still, we should at least try to talk with him,” you tell Amber. You hear a door open and turn to see Cam exiting his room, “You finished with your paper?” you ask.

“Ya, just finished handing it in,” he says, he then turns and sees Amber behind her door, “And I’m not mad at you Amber for wanting to return to your job,” he says as he heads downstairs. You turn to Amber and she just looks at you. You both nod and start to head downstairs after Cam.


*Cam’s POV*

You got everyone sitting at the kitchen table, no one wants to speak up first by the looks on each of their faces, so you decide to speak up first, “Okay, the reason I wanted to talk to all of you is because I want to have as little secrets as possible around each other so we can at least get along better and be able to work together to help Amber when we need to go and help her,” you say as you look at all of them, “The rules for this are quite simple, if it’s something that is a need to know, you have to tell us or if it’s too personal, then tell us that its too personal to tell until you know us better, since I’m the one who wanted this, I’ll go last so I can hear all of you and learn about all of you before I decide to tell you anything about my past that you don’t know about,” you tell them, you then sit back down in your seat and wait for one of them to go first. Several minutes pass and still no one talked.

“If no one here is going to show initiative than I will,” you turn and see that Cadence is the one who spoke up.

“Go ahead,” you say as you gesture with your arms to say go on.

“Well it all started…” she starts to say as you pay attention.

Ten minuets pass and Cadence is still telling us about her. “And my daughter’s crystaling is still remembered today… I really miss Flurry Heart,” she finishes as she looks down at the ground in depression.

“Don’t worry,” you say as she looks at you, “You’ll see her again someday,” you turn to all of them, “Hopefully we can help you get home after things settle down with the church,” you say in a light tone to help raise their spirits.

“Thanks Cam… I really needed that,” Cadence says as she brightens up and takes her seat again.

“Okay, now for a few questions I have,” you say as you turn to Cadence, “Who are your aunts and since they rule another country doesn’t that make you and them Queens?” you ask her.

“Actually, Princesses is the correct term,” you turn and see that Celestia is the one that said that, “While both me and my sister rule a country together we prefer the term Princess,” she says with a calm smile.

You look at them dumbfounded, “But… how… wouldn’t that… what… but…” you say trying to for a coherent sentence.

“To bring it in simple terms,” Luna says, “All Alicorns are immortal creatures, weather it be by ascension or natural they are immortal and our age is dependant on how much of our magic we can control,” she finishes saying.

“But wouldn’t that make you… you know what… never mind, it’s rude to ask a woman her age,” you say cutting yourself off. “But now that Cadence is done who wants to go next?” you ask everyone at the table.

“I’ll go,” you hear Celestia say while raising her hand.

“Okay, go ahead,” you tell her.

“And that’s all, any questions?” Celestia asks.

“Okay… your mother is in all essence god, and you and your sister have technically been around since the dawn of time itself,” you say trying to process it all.

“In short… yes,” she says with a smile on her face, but you can tell she hasn’t told you completely everything.

“So… is there any other time you had to use the… Elements of Harmony,” you look at them and they nod at you calling it by its correct name, “because for them to become petrified like that when Twilight found them, is only possible if they weren’t used for their intended purpose and would in-turn be weaker when Twilight first used it, but since they worked better than they ever did with you two,” you point at Celestia and Luna, “It seem that…” you say before getting cut off.

“She’s the embodiment of the element of Magic, yes, she is and that’s why I took her in as my student to help her handle her magical capabilities,” Celestia says in a cold tone to you.

“You don’t need to be so cold Celestia,” you say defensively.

“Sorry, and please stop calling me Celestia, Cam. Please; call me Tia,” she says as she brings her tone back to normal.

“Okay Celes… sorry, Tia,” you say to her. She smiles at you and you can tell it’s a genuine smile which causes you to smile. “Anyways… Who’s next?” you ask.

“I’ll go,” Luna says shyly.

“Okay,” you say

“Well… my story is about the same as my sisters but a couple of days before NightMare Moon took my powers from me and my sister had and I had a, what you call falling out, and after she took my powers I saw it as an excuse to leave and I didn’t return until NightMare Moon did and after I got my magic back I returned home and we made up and now we rule together again,” she says while not looking you in the eye.

You decide to not dig too deep into it unless she starts to open up more to you but you ask, “Then how is it possible for you to turn into NightMare Moon?” as you look her dead in the eye.

“It’s only possible because only a tiny fragment of her came to me when I got my magic back and I use that to help pull pranks at what you call Halloween,” she says sadly.

“Okay,” you say you turn to Twilight and she stands up and clears her throat.

“While I might not have a past as exciting as theirs,” she gestures to Tia, Luna, and her sister in law Cadence, “I still have something to tell you first,” she looks at you and Amber, “The reason we decided to come here is because we wanted to see if other worlds even existed, and we did find that out and well you can kinda guess what happened when we came through,” she tells you and Amber, “but now that we have that out of the way I can tell you about my past,” she says as she starts to talk to everyone else about her past, but for you, you can’t help but think about the reason she decided to come here in the first place.

“And that’s how we helped Starswirl and the other hero’s return home and get their friend back,” she finishes, “So… Any questions?” she asks while turning to you. You’re still deep in thought about what she said about the “Pony of shadows” and you hope that Darkness isn’t him reincarnated. “Cam…Cam… CAMERON!!!” she says which turns into a yell which scares you out of your thoughts and you fall over and off of your seat and hit your head off of the ground.

“OW! You didn’t need to yell Twilight,” you yell at her, and she visibly flinches at you yelling, “ARG, sorry… I was just deep in thought, sorry,” you say apologetically.

“No… I’m sorry. If I were in the same position I probably would have done the same thing,” she says apologetically.

“Anyways… now Amber… how about you go,” you look at her. She just sighs in annoyance and gets up.

“I’ll just give you the short version okay,” she looks at all of you and you all nod, “Good. Now as you know I’m an exorcist, and for me my life mostly consists of fighting off demons and all that, but for me and my brother, as you know we’re twins and for us our parents were killed on a job when we were 8, and so I seeked revenge on the demon that killed our parents and trained everyday to get revenge for them… I now see that, that wasn’t what they would’ve wanted me to do… but for me I didn’t see that at the time, and when I eventually met the demon that killed my parents he laughed at me because I didn’t try to save the lives of my comrades and he said my parents died trying to protect the other people in their team. The only reason I didn’t die that day was because my brother and grandfather came and got me out of that. Now I at least try to care about my team and try to be nicer to others… but I can see that I’m still a little rude to others,” she finishes her tale and looks at the ground. You can’t help but stand up and go give her a hug, when you hug her you look and see the others had the same idea and you all stay like that for a couple of seconds. “Thanks guys… I needed that,” she says as she sniffles.

After you all go back to your seats you decide to tell them about yourself, “Now, I’m gonna be frank, I’m not going to tell you everything because we’ve only known each other for 2 days and it’s been 4 since you’ve been set free,” you tell them and they all look like they want to question you, “Now before you ask, I know the things that you spied on me so I don’t need to explain those, but I will explain the things I feel comfortable telling you, but I won’t tell you anything else,” you look over all of them and they reluctantly nod their heads in agreement. “Now, as you know my parents divorced when I was 8, but that was the last you guys spied on me, right Amber?” you turn and look at her and she nods, “Okay, now what you don’t know is that the house where me and my mom, who won custody over me since I wasn’t old enough to live on my own, lived was an apartment in this town, once I was old enough to go to work, I went right to work to help pay the bills, we had to work hard to save some money, until one day she got sick and had to take work off, I had to work double time to make up for the expenses we had to pay for the medication, one day when I was at work I got a call, my mom had been sent to the hospital, my boss at the time was nice enough to let me take off and give me a lift to the hospital, where she died a couple of weeks ago from cancer, I was just about over it… but it’s kinda hard to do that now that I’ve moved away and into my own house, my mom always wanted me to be happy… she told me to find a good girl that I think she would approve of… and all three of you… she would have loved, and got along with her,” you tell them while forcing a smile on your lips and giggling a little in a depressed tone.

“We had no Idea, I’m sorry for you losing your mom, Cam,” Amber says to you with a hint of sadness in her tone.

“We are also sorry for your loss Cam, and I think your mom would be extremely proud of you and what you’ve done,” Tia says to you in a motherly tone.

“Thanks… but I’m fine… I’m just happy I didn’t have to go back to my father,” you say in a depressed tone that changes to anger once you get to your father.

“I need to ask,” you turn and see that Twilight asked. “Why do you hate your father so much?” she asks you with genuine curiosity.

“I don’t want to talk about it, and if you dig into it you’ll regret ever asking that question,” you tell Twilight in a cold tone that only a villain would use on a hero. She looks shaken at what you’ve told her and she looks like she wants to learn about it even more by the curiosity in her eyes. “But if you do decide to dig… be careful… curiosity killed the cat,” you tell her as you walk to the fridge and start to make a late night snack for everyone.

*End of Chapter 8*

Author's Note:

Now we know the past of some of our characters, and now our hero wants to help get them home. But what will happen to Twilight if she decides to dig into our hero's past? Find that out in later chapters, and in the next chapter.

The next chapter there's going to be a time skip. I don't know how far we want it to go exactly, but we want you guys to guess what will happen with each character. Post your answers down in the comments below, and the winners for each character will get early access to the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoy your weekends and this is the writer, signing off, don't forget to be AWESOME.

This chapter has been edited... ONWARDS TO THE NEXT ONE!!! :pinkiesmile: