• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 2,256 Views, 27 Comments

Sunsets on Sonata - Witchrblizzad



Sonata wants to die, her family has left her and she is alone. Now? It's up to someone to save her from herself. Let's just hope it isn't too late.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,256

First day and past of Sunset shimmer part four of five

As the group of girls waited for first bell they compared their schedules. Sunset, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Sonata and someone else was sharing first-period calculus class. Much to Rainbows excitement, she could get help from the two students with the highest math grades in their year. Applejack has world language and Rarity has world history, much to their disappointment. Just as they had finished comparing schedules however the bell rang and the girls said their goodbyes.

Sonatas POV

Going to class

When walked into the school, nobody seemed to notice her and she was grateful for it. She looked back at Sunset. Sonata had really gotten to know the girl, even though she hasn't known Sunset for long, she knows some things that even the other girls don't know. One, Sunset has a limp. Not telling how she got it. Two, Sunset had lived on the streets for a good part of her life. Three, Sunset was in a similar position as Sonata when a friend saved her. Although the first two secrets were a surprise to her and not for the reason you think. Sunset Shimmer had a flaw and nobody noticed. Sunset Shimmer, now eighteen lived on the streets for two years and no one noticed.

They got to the first period and the room quieted. As Sunset showed Sonata where she would be sitting, it became clear that they were trying to protect her. Sitting down she looked at the people near her, she recognized five faces. including Sunset who was sitting to the right of her. There was also Rainbow dash who sat behind her. Pinkie Pie is sitting in front of her and Fluttershy was sitting next to Sunset. To her left, there was the girl that Sonata had met before but didn't know her name.

First period went by slow, the teacher Mr.Cranky Doodle was really boring.

Second period was much the same, but it was around third period when news of Sonatas return had finally spread. Although most people had no clue what to do about it so, for the most part, they left her alone. As Sonata made her way to physics with AppleJack and the other girl, who she now knows is named Vinyl Scratch. physics also went by really smoothly or, as smoothly as possible.

Sunsets POV

Sunset and Sonata parted ways after first period. While they both had elective periods, they chose differently with Sonata going for drama and Sunset going for Law. She couldn't help but worry. She found it hard to focus and realized that her thoughts were drifting back to after she had left home…

Flashback!

After arriving at canterlot an orange filly stepped out of the train and into the busy streets. Her back leg still burned from breaking but it was manageable. Counting her bits, she had enough for some food and supplies. Quickly walking to a supply store she buys a large coil of twine and two wooden boards, quickly making a brace for her back leg. That left her with only a handful of bits, with that she bought a blanket. After she went outside and into an ally in between two abandon houses, unaware she was being watched. It took a few minutes of sleuthing but she was able to find a loose section of boards and crawled inside. Looking around she realized that this was an unfinished house rather than the business she was expecting. Regardless it was in good shape all things considering. The walls were up, just a few loose boards. The floor was dirty but otherwise fine. The work ponies had even finished the roof and Sunset couldn't see any obvious leaks. Looking through the dark rooms, it seems that the previous owners moved out quickly. Leaving a few pieces of furniture behind like a coffee table, an old rug, and a couch. Looking out a window Sunset could see that Celestia's moon had almost completed its journey around across the sky. Wanting to get an early start the next day she lay down and for the first time in years, went to sleep eager for the next day.

When Sunset woke up she knew was not alone. Freezing so the intruders wouldn't know she had awoken and began to listen. There were two other fillys around her age looking at her questioningly. “Hey, Opa, when do ya’ think she’s gonna wake up?” This voice was male, and coming from the right.

“How am I suposta’ know Comet? Another thing, how many times have I told you not to call me that? It's either Astral or Astral Opal not ‘Opa’. This voice seemed to sound frustrated, but from the tone, she seemed to be smiling. This time from the left.

“Aww… Don't be like that sis…”

“Don't be like what!”

“Don't be so… blue”

“Oh yeah… Tomato Face?”

“Hey! Just cause’ my coat is kinda red doesn't mean I look like a tomato.”

“Oh yeah? Just cause’ my coat is ‘kinda’ blue doesn't mean I am”

It was around here that Sunset couldn't keep her laughter contained in the antics of the two siblings. “You ponies…” She stopped to regain her breath. “You ponies fight like cats and dogs!” She turned and looked at the two closely for the first time, to her surprise they were pegasi. Canterlot is known for their lack of. The filly stepped forward.

Hi! My names Astral Opal and this is Comet chaser.

(Astral Opal) (Comet Chaser)

Author's Note:

I am sorry about not being able to upload the pictures directly, I was having some major difficulties and this was the best I could do. Also im sorry if the Sunset POV to Flashback transition is a little choppy. I ended up writing both weeks apart.