• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 2,255 Views, 27 Comments

Sunsets on Sonata - Witchrblizzad



Sonata wants to die, her family has left her and she is alone. Now? It's up to someone to save her from herself. Let's just hope it isn't too late.

  • ...
9
 27
 2,255

Flashback I

Vinyl Scratch had just finished recording a new dubstep with Tavi, one of Vinyl's closest friends. As she made her way out of the school, she got a text from Sunset

Sunny: One of the Dazzlings are in the same place I was after the Fall Formal and we need a ride. We are by the stairs of the Ponyvill three-story warehouse.

Scratch: I'm on my way, might need to bring Tavi though.

" Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!" Vinyl thought to herself quietly. "Why didn't I look for her? Why didn't I even try to stand up for her? I knew better!" She chided herself. As vinyl of marched over to her car, well her and Tavi's. It's a DeSoto Fireflight four door sportsman. This was the car that they used for just driving around, and they had a new black 56 Chevrolet suburban for when they went to concerts and for vinyl, gigs at local Clubs.
Vinyl got out her phone and started texting Octavia.

Vinyl: Hey Tavi! so listen, I need to take the car and go somewhere, like now.

Tavi: What! Why? You know Vinyl Scratch that I need a ride home, don't you?

Vinyl: Yeah I do, and you know I would not do this unless I had a good reason for it.

Tavi: Oh, what might that be?

Vinyl: Can you keep a secret?

Tavi: Vinyl, you have me worried now. What's wrong? And to answer your question, of course, I can.

Vinyl: I got a text from Sunset today, about one of the Dazzlings and long story short she's not in good shape, like Sunset a week after the Fall Formal shape. So I need to go pick her up. Can you find another ride or do you want to come with me?

Tavi: I'll be there in 5 minutes.

Vinyl put her phone away and got in the car, started it and ran the heater. She noticed a trash can little ways away from where they parked the car, so she began to clean up the back seat for Sunset and the siren. Feeling an odd sense of déjà vu, after all, it wasn't the first time something like this happened. And that was the day she could never forget.

Flashback

It was one week after the Fall Formal and the school has never been more united, of course, all except one. Sunset Shimmer, after the Fall Formal everything that Sunset had done blew up in her face. Most left her alone except for those 5 girls and people who felt like they needed retribution for what she did. Vinyl didn't really see the point in it, if even worse than Sunset ever was so doesn't that just make you a bully too? And she's seen her fair share of bullies, there's always a few people every year that make fun of her because she can't speak. Sunset never did that. Then there's also people who bullied people others for broken families or the loss of a loved one. Sunset never did that either. Then here's the worst, the people who attack others and physically harm them. Having a fight is one thing but hurting others just because they're smarter, smaller or weaker than you. It's something that should never happen and she guessed Sunset thought the same way because she didn't go that far. Well other than when she turned into a she-demon, Vinyl blamed the dark magic. If only-

* wham*

Something slammed into vinyl shoulder interrupting her train of thought and then blowing past her. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw fiery hair "Sunset" Vinyl realized. Looking back to where Sunset came from she could read the girls locker at the far end of the room with hateful words drawn all over it. They were really bad. In bright red paint was the words, she-demon, go back to hell and kill yourself. Her eyes widened when she read the latter. Making up her mind she turned around back towards the way Sunset went figuring she ran to the bathroom. Three minutes later she arrived at the girl's restroom. Hearing some sniffing coming from inside she figured this was the right place so she pushed the door open and what she saw she will never forget.

Kneeling on the floor was Sunset, leaning against the wall next to the door as if she collapsed just after entering the room. That wasn't what surprised Vinyl actually she kind of expected it. What surprised her, what made her freeze... What terrified her was in her hand, a small pocket knife. What made her cover her mouth in horror was on her arm. Cuts. If she could have screamed she would have, there was sometimes that she wishes she didn't have this disability, now there are no limits what she could give to say one word to Sunset one question, why?

So Vinyl walked over to face Sunset, took her knife, grabbed the sleeve of her jacket and pulled the girl up. The whole time Sunset didn't say anything, she didn't look at Vinyl, she didn't do anything. Vinyl took Sunsets phone out of her coat pocket and turn it on. It was then that Sunset gave Vinyl rather questioning look as the other girl took out her own phone and did the same. It was then that she heard a ding from her phone, a friend request from MyStable. Sunset took her phone back from Vinyl and read the message, it only said five words. "How are you doing" was the first question. The second one is "why?" The whole time Sunset was reading the text, Vinyl was working on stopping the flow of blood to the cuts.

It might seem like a small thing to ask 'how you're doing' but this girl who Sunset didn't even remember her name to wanted to help her, even after everything she did. Why? It doesn't matter Sunset was too exhausted to care so for the first time in a week, she passed out into unconsciousness without nightmares.

Author's Note:

Hi, everypony! WOW! I never thought that my story would get this much support. I am looking for an editor, in the meantime, I'm going to have to deal with the free version of Grammarly and Online Editor Grammer Checker, cause I'm broke. I hope u can wait a bit longer for the edits.

On a lighter note, the next chapter will be up by Monday and is already in the works, I hope you all have a great day!.