• Published 16th Sep 2017
  • 4,532 Views, 77 Comments

Darkness Resurrected - ShadowedKnight68



In a few days it would be Christmas, the holiday so many love and can't wait for, but for one he wish it wouldnt come at all, this man despises it with all his heart, but during this time he will get the change of his life.

  • ...
14
 77
 4,532

Surges

Eclipse was reading once again, this time he was reading about magic, he'd seen Twilight use her horn to levitate things all the time and was a bit jealous of it.

He can't use his hooves to grab anything so he might as well use his horn.

He had another book about flying, which Rainbow Dash said he didn't need to know how to fly.

Eclipse still decided to read it, he was reading between the books a pearly flight was a type of magic pegasi had, earth ponies had earth magic which appeare toy he had too since he was what is known as an alicorn, a type of chimera of all three pony types, it was seen as royalty for good reason since alicorns had unimaginable amounts of power.

Eclipse will admit he was already liking the fact that he was one, he looked at different spells, mainly ones that allowed you to change your gender, he was getting very annoyed with the fact that everyone was referring to him as a girl, unfortunately there didn't seem to be any spells on gender changes though there here have been cases where magic has changed a ponies gender, this mainly happened when a young unicorn filly or colt had a magical surge.

'Magical surge? What the heck is that?' Eclipse questioned in thought and looked back to the book to read for more information on surges, he found out that they were something along the lines of when a unicorn child's magic builds up and releases in great amount, apparently it's very dangerous because the magic can do anything since the child isn't actually in control of the magic. There's no spells being focused when this happens so the magic creates random effects, this can be both dangerous for the child and anyone around.

'Hopefully I don't get any if those...' Eclipse thought to himself feeling a little scared, he then decided to go back to reading about flying, he can learn magic later.

"She really likes ta read huh Twilight?" Applejack said with a smile looking at Twilight who was smiling happily at the fillies enthusiasm at reading.

"I know! Isn't it great!?" Twilight said excitedly.

"Oh yeah it's just spectacular that your raising another egghead" Rainbow Dash said bored.

"I'm not an egghead, and I didn't teach her to read or tell her too, she just wanted to start reading, she's read through history, math, and now magic and flight, I'm so proud of her" Twilight explained with a proud smile on her face.

Rainbow Dash had an idea then "Hey...how about I teach her how to fly, I'm sure that would make her even more excited to read more about flying?" She said with a smirk.

"That's a good idea Rainbow Dash" Twilight agreed and trotted over to Eclipse, all while Rainbow Dash praised herself at her good idea "Hey Eclipse, I know your busy reading, but Rainbow Dash has offered to teach you to fly, you don't have to right now b-" she was cut off when she heard a book hit the ground, she looked at where Eclipse was and only found an empty spot with the book she was reading on the floor.

Eclipse ran over to Rainbow Dash with excitement plastered on her face after hearing she'd get to fly "You`re gonna teach me to fly???" She asked hopping with excitement.

"Yup, so I'm guessing since you can't sit still that you want to learn now?" Rainbow Dash asked and was answered with rapid nodding, she smiled and walked out of the castle with Eclipse.

Rainbow Dash walked over to a clear spot "Alright this should be good" she turned towards Eclipse who was smiling "Okay, so first I want you to stretch out your wings and give them a good test flap".

Eclipse stretched her wings out and flapped them a bit, they felt odd but she was getting the hang of moving them.

"Alright good, now you'll need to flap them up and down hard to get off the ground, start off slow then pick up speed slowly" Rainbow Dash explained and demonstrated by flapping her wings slowly before going faster and was lifted off the ground a few inches.

Eclipses nodded and flapped her wings, she did as Rainbow Dash instructed and was able to get a few inches off the ground, she beamed with joy and looked at Rainbow Dash.

"Alright your a fast learner, now if you want to move in a direction flap your wings back to move forward and flap your wings forward to move back" she explained.

He nodded and flapped forward moving backwards, he then flapped backwards and went forward, she squealed in excitement before blushing in embarrassment.

"Hehe the first time flying can be really exciting" Rainbow Dash chuckled "Now let's try going higher" she flapped her wings down and went higher.

Eclipse did the same and went higher, she looked around now able to see much more than when she was close to the ground, she failed to notice she was still going higher.

"Hey watch what your doing!" Rainbow Dash called trying to get Eclipses attention.
"Oh..sorry" she stopped but was now confused "How do I go down?"

"Just slow your wings flapping and you'll go lower" Rainbow Dash said and flew close to Eclipse to make sure she didn't fall.

Eclipse slowed her flapping down and she started to lower "This is so cool!" She said excitedly, her excitement ended when her head started aching, she rubbed her head as the pain increased 'My head feels like it's burning, do I have a fever?' She questioned in her thoughts.

Rainbow Dash noticed Eclipse wasn't looking so good "Hey you okay?" She flew closer to Eclipse with worry.

"I-I do t feel s-so g-" Eclipse was cut off when her horn sparked and magic exploded out from her horn, the explosion sent Rainbow Dash flying backwards and crashing into a tree, Eclipse was blinded by the light from the explosion.

It knocked her down to the ground, she felt her horn build up and it shot out electrical magic that ripped across the ground until it hit a tree blowing it in half, she stumbled back and tried to keep herself standing until she felt another build up.

Her horn shot out another magical explosion sending her crashing into the castle wall, she groaned as she laid in the ground, everything was blurry and her head hurt so much.

She felt another build up and whimpered, she forced her head upwards to the sky and a beam of magical energy shot into the sky, it shot through clouds lighting up the sky.

The beam continued shooting out, it got weaker and weaker until just sparks shot out of her horn, she collapsed to the ground, groaning as her horn continued to try and shot out magic.

Rainbow Dash seeing that it was over quickly flew over to Eclipse to make sure she was okay, she lifted up her head "Hey are okay?? Cmon say something" she said worriedly.

"Ngh...m-my head...hurts..." Eclipse said the only thing she could think of in her aching head before passing out.

Rainbow Dash shook her "No no come on stay awake!" She picked up Eclipse and flew into the castle "Twilight!!" She called panicked.

Twilight was already running towards the door after feeling the large amounts of magic outside when Rainbow Dash flew in, she looked at Eclipse "What happened?!"

"We were flying, everything was going good but then she just started shooting out magic, I don't think she had control though" Rainbow Dash explained quickly.

"She must of had a magic surge" Twilight grabbed Eclipse and started using her magic to see if she was badly hurt, she sighed in relief when she saw that she was okay "That's good...she must have just used up all her energy in the surge".

Twilight walked to her bedroom and laid Eclipse in bed, she got out a wet rag on Eclipse's head to cool her head down, she walked back to her friends and told them what happened "Eclipse will probably be asleep for the rest of the day, I'm just glad the surge didn't hurt her as bad as it could have..."

"Yeah but that was still pretty bad, she tore up the ground out there" Rainbow Dash said "She could have really hurt herself, did you find out a way to stop her surges?" She asked hoping there was a way to help Eclipse.

"I could only find a spell to to absorb the magic she releases, it won't hurt her or anything, but we still will need to figure out where to release the magic" Twilight explained looking somber.


{~~~~~~~~~~{Old Castle A Few Minutes Ago}~~~~~~~~~~}


Emerald was looking around the castle, he needed to make sure the spell didn't create something, if it did he'd need to destroy it so he could try again to bring his Queen back.

As he was searching, his horn vibrated as he felt a magical energy release, he quickly ran out of the castle to see a beam of magic shoot up into the sky, he recognized that magic, it was his as well as others.

A frown formed on his face "So something was created in the spell...hrr I can't let it tarnish the Queen`s name with its existence".

He made his way out of the forest towards the source of the magic, he kept an eye on the beam in the sky and saw it slowly decreasing "No!" He ran towards the source, he couldn't loose it.

He skidded to a stop when he saw the crystal castle "damn it...could it have been found? And of all the ponies to find it...it had to be the princess of friendship..." He looked around trying to see if he could find what had released the magic, he spotted one of the elements rushing over to a black filly on the ground.

"Could it have tried to attack the elements and hurt a filly...?" He looked closer at the filly and his eyes widened "No...the spell worked!...In a way..." He now had to think of what to do with this new information.

"I'll need to assemble the children of night...it appears we'll have to add new parts to the plan" he started walking away "Why can things never go according to my plans...?" He growled as he walked away.


{~~~~~~~~~~{Crystal Castle hours later}~~~~~~~~~~}


Eclipse groaned waking up, she rubbed her head in pain 'God my head...what the hell was that...?' She thought to herself as she stood up, she looked around and saw it was night, she noticed in the window small white specs fell down slowly.

She walked over to the window and looked outside, she squinted trying to look at the specs closer, it was snow "So it's winter here too...or it just snows randomly here...honestly after what I've seen I wouldn't doubt it..."

She watched the snow slowly fall, it brought back memories she'd rather forget "Great...I was just about to forget too...ugh hopefully they don't have Christmas here...I don't need a fat pony in a red suit here" She huffed and laid down in the bed looking at the ceiling.

She couldn't help but remember the past.


{~~~~~~~~~~{Three Weeks Ago On Earth}~~~~~~~~~~}


Eclipse was sitting in a restaurant with his family, he had a smile on his face as he listened to his families stories, his dad's jokes made everyone at the table laugh even someone at a table across from us burst out laughing after hearing one of his jokes.

It was Christmas in two weeks, Eclipse couldn't be any more excited, he loved Christmas spending time with your family giving them gifts, sitting home watching Christmas movies, it was a nice holiday.

They finished eating and got up to leave, his dad left a tip like usual, they payed for what they ate and left the restaurant.

They all got in the car and drove out of the parking lot, Eclipse blew on his window making it fog up, he then drew in it, he always liked to draw.

Then it happened, in the blink of an eye it all changed.


{~~~~~~~~~~{Equestria Present}~~~~~~~~~~}


Eclipse wiped tears from her eyes and hugged a pillow tightly she cried into the pillow she was hugging, remembering was to painful.

Twilight walked into the room hearing the crying "Eclipse? Are you okay...?"

Eclipse sniffled "I'm fine..."

Twilight frowned and walked over to the bed "it's okay...you don't need to tell me" she climbed into the bed and pulled Eclipse into a hug.

Eclipse sniffled and hugged Twilight "I remembered something from my home...".
"Was it bad?" Twilight asked.

Eclipse nodded slowly, she didn't want to tell Twilight about her past fully.

Twilight rubbed Eclipse's back gently, she didn't want to push Eclipse to tell her.

"It was about my family...I miss them..." Eclipse said as she looked at Twilight`s fur.

"I'm sorry you can't be with them...I'll try and make this place like a home to you..." Twilight assured Eclipse.

"Thank you" Eclipse replied hugging her tighter, she drifted off to sleep while hugging Twilight, this time she wasn't haunted by nightmares.


{~~~~~~~~~~{Hours Later}~~~~~~~~~~}


Eclipse woke up with a yawn, she stretched and rubbed her eyes, she looked around around to find the room empty 'Twilight must have left to make breakfast or something.'

She crawled out of bed and made her way to the kitchen, though she had some difficulty "Why does this place have to be so big??" She found a bathroom, a bedroom, what looked like a room with a large statue of a muscular dragon guy "The hell?" She slowly made her way out of the room and bumped into Spike.

"Oh hey Eclipse" Spike looked at the room she just left and his eyes widened with panic "So you sa-".

"I'm not gonna ask or tell if you can give me directions to the kitchen" Eclipse said, she didn't even want to ask about the statue and she was pretty hungry.

"Yeah just walk down the hall, take a left and then a right and then you should be there" Spike said while doing little hand gestures "Wait you know left from right, right?"

"Of course I do! I'm not a child!" Eclipse huffed and walked past him, she made her way down the hall and turned down another.

"That's right, I said left" Spike called.

Eclipse chuckled embarrassed "I-I knew that I was just...trolling you hehe..." She made her way down the left hall.

'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! I should know my left from my right...ugh it must be this body, am I loosing my adult mind?...shit' she thought as she walked down the hall and made a right where she was told to.

As she walked she felt a familiar tingling in her horn, her eyes went wide in terror, she put her hooves on her horn desperately trying to hold back what was about to happen.

Her horn sparked and nothing happened "W-what? That's it?...Oh thank you God" She smiled and got up she made her way down the hall and glanced out the window to see the sky was darker and that there was an eclipse happening "Huh an eclipse? Cool".


{~~~~~~~~~~{Canterlot Castle}~~~~~~~~~~~~}


Celestia spit her tea out when she saw an eclipse in the sky, she looked at it confused before she realized what this was, she chuckled lightly a little joke by Luna.

Celestia made her way to Luna's room, once she got there she knocked in the door.

Luna opened the door looking tired "Yes sister?" She yawned.

"You got me quite good lulu, I wasn't expecting that, but you know this now means I must have my revenge" Celestia giggled.

Luna smiled "So you found my little surprise? Hehe it took me a while I was worried you wouldn't notice".

"Wouldn't notice? It would be impossible not to notice this one lulu, all of Equestria will notice this prank" Celestia smiled till she noticed her sisters confused expression.

"What do you mean?..." Luna asked confused.

"The eclipse, a lot of pony`s are going to notice an eclipse going on in the sky" Celestia explained.

Luna ran to her window and opened the curtains her eyes went wide in shock at seeing the eclipse going on in the sky "s-sister...I didn't do this..."

Celestia's smile went away "What do you mean? Who else could have moved the moon?" She walked over to her sister.

Luna looked at Celestia with worry evident on her face "I-I'm not sure, I didn't even feel it be moved...".

"We should visit Twilight and see if she knows anything" Celestia said and made her way out of the room only to have a bucket of water got dumped on her "I'm guessing this was the prank you were referring to?" She looked back at Luna.

"Um y-yes sorry sister I had completely forgotten I had made it fallow you..." Luna smiled nervously.

"Well...it would have been a good prank if not for the recent events..." Celestia cast a spell and dried herself, she then walked away "Oh, but this does mean I will be trying to get my revenge" She called back to Luna.

"Hm...not sure what I should be more afraid of...what's causing this eclipse...or Celly`s revenge..." Luna thought it over "definitely Celly`s revenge".


{~~~~~~~~~~{Crystal Castle}~~~~~~~~~~}


Eclipse finally found the kitchen "Twilight your castle`s to big" She huffed and tried to climb into a chair.

Twilight levitated eclipse up into the chair "Well I didn't make it this big, it kinda just grew like this...and yeah I get lost from time to time as well..." She chuckled.

"Oh, I had another one of those tingly sparky things with my horn a little while ago" Eclipse said while looking up at her horn.

Twilight tensed "Y-you did?"

"Yeah but it just sparked and that was it, no pain or anything else" Eclipse explained.
"Really?" Twilight asked confused, she supposed it was possible that this was just a weaker surge.

Eclipse nodded "Sooo...can I have some breakfast?"

"Hm? Oh yes" Twilight levitated a plate with a sandwich on it to her.

Eclipse licked her lips and took a bite out of the sandwich "Mmm...so good, what's in it?"

"Daffodils" Twilight said as she made another sandwich.

Eclipse chewed the part of sandwich she had in her mouth and looked at the sandwich seeing bits of daffodils in it, her chewing slowed "so wait....I have flowers in my mouth?..."

"Yup" Twilight smiled and ate her sandwich.

Eclipse looked back down at her sandwich then at Twilight "This world loves to fuck with me...."

"Hey watch your language!" Twilight said sternly.

"Or what you'll wash my mouth out with soap?" Eclipse smirked.
Twilight smirked.

"Wait really?" Eclipse's smirk went away instantly.

A few minutes later eclipse was spitting out water after Twilight had literally washed her mouth out with soap "so soapy..." She groaned.

"Now will you use that language again?" Twilight questioned.

"Definitely not when your around" Eclipse spit trying to get the soap taste out of her mouth.

"What?" Twilight looked at Eclipse.

"Nothing, I said I won't cuss pinkie promise" Eclipse said 'hehe but I don't have pinkies, muahahaha' she laughed manically in her head.

"Okay, then you know what to do" Twilight said.

"I'm sorry wha?" Eclipse asked confused.

"You said you pinkie promised so you gotta say the pinkie promise" Twilight said still waiting.

'Crap that's actually a thing here, um um shit what do I do??' Eclipse chuckled nervously "Mind reminding me how it goes...?"

"Alright, you would say you pinkie promise not to cuss cross your heart hope to fly, stick a cup cake in my eye" Twilight explained as she performed the actions.

"Really I gotta do that lame cr-" Eclipse stopped herself seeing Twilight's glare, she huffed "okay okay...I Pinkie promise not to cuss, cross my blah blah blah".

"C'mon do it right" Twilight said.

"Fiiiine....I pinkie promise not to cuss...cross my heart hope to fly...god this is lame...stick a cupcake in my e-ow!" She ended up poking her eye "ngh this is stupid!"

"Hehe yes well now I'll know you won't cuss" Twilight smiled and ruffled up Eclipse's mane.

They heard a flashing sound.

"Twilight? Sorry for the sudden appearance but we have some questions for you" Celestia said as she got closer.

"Oh no...Eclispe quickly go upstairs and go get your disguise ring on, you can't be seen by them like this" Twilight said quietly.

"What why?...I look like other ponies..." Eclipse asked, she didn't like having to hide how she looked.

"I'll explain later" Twilight said as she pushed her out of the kitchen.

Eclipse huffed "But...I don't like hiding how I look..." She hung her head and made her way to the stairs.

Luna appeared by the stairs "I regret not having my sister teleport me...I do not know this castle".

Eclipse pumped into her leg "Oh sorry, I wasn't looking wh- woah your tall".

Luna smiled and chuckled "Yes well that comes with being an alicorn, who might you b-" her smile vanished when she looked down at the filly, she looked like a filly Nightmare Moon.

"Hi I'm Eclipse" she smiled.

"Y-your Nightmare Moon..." Luna said stunned.

"No...Eclipse, Eclipse, I read a bit about Nightmare Moon, sounds like a real bi-...jerk" Eclipse remembered the soap, never again.

"Sister!!" Luna called.

Celestia walked out of the kitchen "Yes lulu-" she saw the filly.

"Oh come on! Really?? I don't look that bad..." Eclipse groaned.

"Nightmare Moon!!" Celestia yelled in anger.

Author's Note:

Edited by the ever amazing Organical