• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 4,098 Views, 50 Comments

Starship Ponyville: Mystic Acoustics - Vylet Pony



While recovering from civil war and suffering from an unsustainable planet, Equestria faces a new age of darkness and uncertainty amidst its scientific advancements..

  • ...
6
 50
 4,098

III. Wonders

Later that evening, she woke up as the train was stopping. Wiping her eyes, the girl encountered a dimly lit village. It seemed cozy and quaint; to her surprise, there weren’t even any barricades or guards. Hopping off the train quietly, she curiously trotted into the town. “Ponyville”, a sign read. It was very late and she could see the stars still out. 327 wandered around a little longer before falling asleep on the side of the street. It rained.

Morning came. She woke up to find herself in something unfamiliar: a bed. Sitting up, the girl investigated the room. There was a small book shelf lined with various notebooks and scholarly journals. On top of it sat a few pastel coloured boxes and a baby bottle. Her gaze eventually stopped upon the door, hearing faint whispering coming from the other side of it. This was the residence of Elden and Amber Startide, two happily married unicorns in Ponyville who do various types of off-campus research for the Royal Canterlot Academic Institute. Elden found the child sleeping outside their house and brought her inside, unsure if she belonged to another family in town. When 327 was fully awake, Elden and Amber introduced themselves and revealed these details to her. When asked about her name, the girl simply responded with her number and told them that she didn’t remember much other than that. The couple reasoned that it would be best for them all to go discuss this with princess Celestia, confusing the girl even moreso .. but still, she was curious.

Elden relayed all the specifics of this unusual encounter to Celestia. The princess informed him that the girl had never been found in any archival database on an international scale.

“She simply doesn’t exist.” Celestia said, putting it bluntly.

“So she doesn’t have a family?”

“Or a name.”

“She has to have come from somewhere.”

“And wherever she came from is a mystery even to her, it would seem.”

Elden scratched his head, puzzled. Without much hesitation, he came to a decision. Organizing all the proper registrations, filling all the necessary papers, he and Amber adopted the child on that day. Soon after, Celestia removed the numbers “327” from the girl’s forehead.

They named her Satyrn.

The girl smiled.

▪ ▪ ▪

Canterlot was quiet that evening. To most, it was ordinary for the bustling metropolis to rest. But that night, the stillness was not so peaceful for everypony.

“Her arrival can’t be left to eventuality.” said Luna, visibly anxious.

Celestia, much less concerned, was finishing her tea. (How cliche. Royalty drinking tea.)

“Even if that was so,” replied the princess, “we’re still far too occupied with Project Banshee to do anything.”

“Then I motion to revise Banshee.” Luna said in a sullen tone.

She slammed an ominous file onto the table. Celestia glanced at it for a moment and looked back up at her sister in confusion.

“I’m not sure I-” Celestia started

“The girl’s thoughts are both immensely vibrant and unstable.”

“She’s claims to have been lost for a ver-”

“There is something about her that is extraordinary. Additionally, the girl truly has not told us everything. She’s hiding something.”

Celestia straightened herself in the chair, much more attentive.

“How do you know this?” the white alicorn asked.

Luna glazed over briefly, lost in thought. Looking back at Celestia, replied

“When Twilight became an alicorn, her spirit became clearest to my perception. But … I can already see into Satyrn … her spirit is unmistakably vigorous.”

“You’re so sure?” Celestia questioned

“She will one day be vital to our survival.”

“Luna-”

“We must keep watch on her.”

“What do you see in her?” Celestia continued to pry.

Luna stood up, unwilling to say more.

“I want those revisions made tonight.” she said, sharply. Luna left her sister alone with the file. Celestia opened the folder, reading the title:

“Project Banshee (Version Control Second Edition)
Proposed: 1 / 1 / 2035 etv”

Celestia closed the file and sighed.

▪ ▪ ▪

At seven years old, Satyrn started her new life with Elden and Amber in Ponyville. She finally felt like she was a part of something real. Despite this, she never disclosed the nature of her past life with her parents. She did this thinking it would protect them. Over the years, Satyrn spent hours in her parents’ library; there were books even Twilight didn’t have. But most of the books were about science, history, math, you name it. She was enthralled by every bit. All of these things were hidden to her in Statera. Elden never enrolled her in school, as the girl was so fascinated in learning on her own that it wasn’t necessary. Fortunately, however, he did give Satyrn pet names like “orb” and “my little planet”; just enough to make everypony cringe. At the age of 10, Satyrn became interested in weapons and began to start building her own. Eventually, she managed to craft a gunblade when she was 13, developing it more as she grew older.

Elden and Amber loved and cared for Satyrn the best they could. They were brought immeasurable happiness by the girl. Their first and only child died at birth, leaving Amber sterile as a result of the damage it did to her body. It was no hasty decision to adopt the girl in Elden’s eyes, really. They’d always wanted a daughter. Satyrn continued to grow older. The girl pursued her studies further and the couple continued their work until the day the civil war came. By this time, Satyrn was 20 years old and had been hired by Celestia as a Weapons Developer and Battle Analyst. She even served with the National Equestrian Task Force in an effort to counter the Black Hoof attacks (as one would guess, her parents were reluctant to allow this. They’d get used to it). By the end of the Equestrian Civil War, Satyrn was making enough money to sustain herself, but remained living with her family. She had something to live for. A family to live for. She couldn’t have been more content about it.