• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 4,146 Views, 50 Comments

Starship Ponyville: Mystic Acoustics - Vylet Pony



While recovering from civil war and suffering from an unsustainable planet, Equestria faces a new age of darkness and uncertainty amidst its scientific advancements..

  • ...
6
 50
 4,146

X. Treachery

About half an hour had passed since the battle had begun and about half of the infantry were left. Satyrn led Sylver and the others to the lowest floor of the spire. Once more, all was quiet. Catching her breath, Satyrn knelt down and examined the room. Rugged pillars held up a thin layer of metal that acted as a ceiling. It was unusually dark and humid, causing an unfamiliar discomfort to fall over Satyrn. The room rather resembled a cave, more so than a building. Bright artificial beams shone from underneath the walls as the only provided light source. Down the hall, a circular room with a large wooden door at the end. Furthermore, there were long vertical windows; each pane stretched horizontally two inches at most. Without a word, Satyrn stood up and dashed towards the door; she knew it was the throne room. Sylver turned to watch her pry open the door and hurry inside. Suddenly, the door slammed shut and became obscured by a thick metallic barrier. Sylver shouted for the others to follow. He tried to break down the barrier but not even a dent could be made.

“Stand back!” Sylver screamed, as he took out a rifle and fired it at the barrier.

The shot echoed deafeningly through the room as Sylver hit the ground. Satyrn watched through the narrow windows from inside the throne room. The projectile had been reflected by the barrier and, instead, pierced through Sylver’s leg. Satyrn shouted from behind the glass while the others hurried to tend to Sylver’s injury.

“We’ve been expecting you.” a sinister voice remarked.

Satyrn’s hairs stood on end. Her eyes widened. She whirled around to see Satellite himself glaring down at her with unusually green eyes. The throne room was encompassed by formless black creatures with similar eyes. They were not ponies.

“Go to hell.” Satyrn retorted, her voice quivering. “Why are y-”
Her inquiry was cut short by a dark figure lunging towards her with a sword. Satyrn evaded the blow and glided towards the center of the room.

“Kill her.” Satellite barked.

The shadowy figure unfolded its wings and rushed towards Satyrn.

Sylver watched helplessly as Satyrn fought for her life as his wound was being bandaged.

Over and over, the creature slashed furiously; its unrelenting thrusts quickly tired Satyrn out.

The task force started searching frantically for some way into the room. Windows were impenetrable. The barrier could not be opened. One soldier valiantly attempted to fire at the barrier a second time, coming upon the same injury as Sylver.

Ten minutes passed. Satyrn struggled to find any vulnerability. The creature continued to strike violently without end. For a split second, Satyrn let her guard down, allowing her enemy to batter her to the ground. Satyrn panicked as she struggled to regain strength. Satellite watched intently as his servant lunged to finish the fight. However, Satyrn managed to push herself off the ground and evade a fatal attack. The creature struggled to retrieve his blade from the stone wall it had become lodged in. Seeing her enemy exposed, Satyrn rushed towards it and pierced straight through its back with her gunblade. A cry of utter torment erupted from the now writhing brute, reverberating throughout the halls. Without any indication of pity or fear, Satyrn assuredly removed her blade from her victim.