• Published 13th Sep 2017
  • 2,219 Views, 95 Comments

Children of the Gods - LucidDreamer

  • ...
12
 95
 2,219

Friendship is Magic: Part 1: Canterlot

“Sunset...”

Sunset Shimmer ignored the voice. Her bed was far more comfortable, and far more warm.

“Sunset... Time to get up. You mom and i have a quest for you.”

“Mmmm mmmmmm.” Sunset shook her head beneath her sheets.

“Sunset?”

Sunset felt something jump onto her bed. A four legged, hoofed something. The four legged something proceeded to crawl up onto her and bounce it’s forehooves on her stomach. “Sunset! Hey Sunset! It’s time to get up Sunset!”

“Nnnnrrrrrggggggggg......” Sunset growled and roughly sat up, throwing her sheets onto the form that tumbled to the end of the bed. “Damn it, Dad!” I was sleeping!” She snapped, her horn flaring to life in a mixture of blue and gold.

“No, you were dozing. There’s a difference.” The sheet covered lump, responded calmly. “Anyway, now that you're up. Your mom and I have a quest for you.”

Sunset frowned a yanked the sheets off the lump. The revealed form was an earth pony stallion. A blue-grey stallion, with a long white mane and ice blue eyes and an ice covered skull for a Cutie mark. He would have been almost indistinguishable from any other pony for one fact. His eyes were glowing.

Glacier Frost, grinned at his daughter as he laid on his side at the foot of her bed. “Morning sweetie.”

“Morning dad.” Sunset grumbled as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes then yawned. “So what’s this quest you want to send me on?”

“Well, it’s not just you. It involves Twilight and Spike too.” Glacier got up then sat on his haunches.

“Okay?” Sunset said slowly. Her head was still a little fuzzy from sleep. “Explain.”

“Well, the Summer Sun Celebration is coming up in a couple days, and this year it’s in Ponyville. Your mom and I want Twi, Spike, and you to head down there to make sure everything’s in working order. Also, we want Twilight to make some friends, she spends too much time in her workshop.” Glacier’s face scrunched up a bit. “Last time I went in there it smelled like oil and sex.” He shuddered. “I am beginning to regret giving Twi that Bolter for her birthday all those years ago.”

“Ponyville. Sure.” Sunset blinked slowly at her dad. A small smile formed on the stallion’s lips as Sunset’s eyes slowly widened. “Ponyville!” She snapped.

“Ponyville.” Glacier nodded.

“This means- Auntie Luna! Wait- No! Nightmare Moon!” Sunset ranted as she leapt out of bed with enough force to launch her father off the bed to land in a heap on the floor. The anthro unicorn tore across her room, making it to her closet in three long strides. She almost tore the door off it’s hinges as she disappeared into the depths of her walk-in.

Glacier righted himself and took a seat on the floor as his daughter continued her ranting form the innards of the closet. “Nightmare’s connection to Luna is strong if what you told me is right. So I need to beat the evil out of her, or.... Dad do we have any exorcism scrolls? For that matter could I borrow Chillwind or one of your Necroguard?”

“No and no. I’m sorry, but a simple exorcism won’t cut it for the thing calling itself Nightmare Moon.” Glacier shook his head.

Sunset popped her head out of her closet and gave her father a confused look. “Why no- Right! The Elements!’ Understanding dawned on her face as she disappeared back into her closet. “Dammit why are jeans so hard to put on with hooves!?”

“So what are you going to tell Twilight?” Glacier asked with a chuckle.

“I’ll figure something out.” Sunset said as she stepped out of the closet. She was wearing slightly holey jeans, with a blue tee shirt and her black leather jacket. “Probably something to do with you and mom telling her to get out of that workshop and making some friends.”

Glacier took a breath, closed his eyes and spoke in an even tone. “Dear Twilight; I understand that armor maintenance is important to you, but you really need to get out of that greasy workshop. The Princess and I, as your teachers, think it’s important for you to socialize more. It’s for this reason that the Princess and I are sending Sunset, Spike, and you to Ponyville to oversee the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. More importantly than that however, is actually making some friends outside of Spike and Sunset. We hope that you enjoy your time there. Sincerely; Glacier Frost. P.S. Please resist the urge to summon your armor.”

As Glacier finished a scrolled appeared in a burst of frost and plopped to the floor. Opening his eyes, the stallion smiled up at Sunset. “Think that’ll do it.”

“Thanks dad.” Sunset said, briefly bending over to grab the scroll and kiss her father on the forehead. “Twilight can’t seem to resist royal orders.”

“True point.” Glacier chuckled. “Gonna go get Spike first?”

“Yep. Where is he?” Sunset asked, raising a curious brow at her father.

“Where do you think?” Glacier grinned.


“You know... There’s nothing wrong with being gay. I’m not saying any of you are, but the way you’ve all been fighting, you suck more cock than a starving changeling at convenience store glory hole.” Spikoran the Black, or Spike as he was more commonly known, stood in the middle of the Royal Guard Barracks Training Arena. The small black and green scaled dragon was surrounded by a dozen guards, all of which were panting heavily. He had his claws behind his head, looking quite relaxed. Everything about the dragon radiated an eerie calm. However The dragon’s face betrayed how he truly felt. A downright unnerving grin split Spike’s face, and something approaching madness glinted in the abnormal dragon’s glowing green eyes.

From behind the the dragon, a unicorn shakily tried to steel himself as his horn lit. A bolt of magic shot out and smashed into Spike’s back, causing the small dragon to stagger forward. Spike righted himself, and slowly turned his head until his manic gaze fell on the unfortunate guard. “Stunning spell huh?” Spike hissed as his fist clenched with a few audible pops. “Tingly.”

The other guards look at the unfortunate caster with something approaching pity. Said caster was visibly shaking.

Spike slowly turned around to face the poor unicorn. “Let me show you how you really stun somebody.”

“Spike stop emasculating the Royal Guard. They have adequacy issues enough as it is.” A voice made Spike instantly brighten, his mania gone like a switch was flipped. He turned to see Sunset Shimmer standing on the ledge overlooking the arena.

“If they just collectively grew a pair, I wouldn’t have to emasculate them.” Spike responded with a grin. “What’s got you up so early, it’s like seven.”

“It’s nine. You’ve been beating on them for a couple hours according to dad.” Sunset said with a little frown. “They’ve been rotating out, not that you’d notice.”

“Huh, time flies when you wrecking shit.” Spike shrugged. “Alright guys, your weekly beating is over. Go rest.” Spike said with a chuckle. Instantly every guard in the immediate vicinity relaxed. Spike wandered over to the ledge and leapt up next to Sunset. “What’s up, did you need something or did you just come here to drink in my scaly glory?”

“Hmmm, smooth.” Sunset said somewhat blandly. “First one, Dad gave Twi, you, and I a quest.”

“Oh? Do tell.” Spike unnerving grin returned.

“Tell you as we walk. We’ve got a Twilight to pry out of her workshop.” Sunset said with a slight groan. “Also, hold this.” She handed the small dragon the scroll.

“Oh joy, a scroll. Just what I always wanted.” Spike said wistfully.

“Goofball.” Sunset rolled her eyes.


“Why does it always look like a bomb went off in here?” Spike asked as the pair entered Twilight Sparkle’s workshop.

Said workshop was formerly a defunct storage room, left unused for decades. Twilight Sparkle had converted the rather large room into a massive workshop filled with schematics, various weapon parts, more ammunition than was ever necessary, and of course Twilight’s Power Armor-slash-Mechanised Battle Suit. The workshop was always appeared in a state of clutter. Table’s were covered in papers, ammunition, parts, and tools littered the ground, and the walls were covered in various schematics and diagrams. Twilight claimed that she knew where everything was.

“Okay...” Sunset breathed as her gaze roamed over the mechanical landscape. “Where are you?”

“Twilight?” Spike called out. There was no response. “We sure she’s in here?” He asked, looking up at Sunset.

“She never leaves.” Sunset groaned. “Twilight, mom and dad have a job for us.”

“There was the sound of a wumph, followed by a purple flash from the back of the room. A second flash, accompanied by a second wumph, erupted not two feet from the pair, blinding both.

“My eyes!” Spike cried.

“Dammit Twi! No teleporting indoors!” Sunset snapped rubbing her eyes.

“Sorry,” came the apologetic voice. Spike and Sunset blinked away the stars in their eyes and saw the small purple unicorn herself. The tiny, rail thin mare grinned at them weakly. “I was caught up calibrating a Stalker Pattern Bolter.”

“It’s fine.” Sunset kneeled down to Twilight’s level and smiled at her.

“So, Celestia and Glacier have a job for us?” Twilight asked curiously, coking her head to the side.

“Here. I come bearing thing.” Spike held out the scroll and Twilight took it in her purple telekinetic aura.

Unrolling it, she mouths the words as she read them. As she read, her eyes widened and a look of horror crossed her features. She looked up at Sunset.

“I don’t wanna go outside!” The mare whined. “I have some much work to do here!” Her horn began to glow.

Sunset’s right hand snapped out and covered Twilight’s horn. With a breathy gasp, Twilight’s magic died. Her cheeks flared bright red. “S-Sunset!” She squeaked.

“Heh. Kinky.” Spike smirked.

Sunset shot him and angry glare before turning her gaze to Twilight, her face visibly softening. “I’m sorry Twi, but this if for your own good.” She reached out her other hand and scooped up the unfortunate unicorn.

“Noooooooo!” Twilight flailed weakly in the anthro mare’s arms. Her cries echoed through the castle, all the way to the waiting chariot.

Author's Note:


“Sunset! Sunset!”

Comments ( 37 )

New chapter?????! YES! So Luna did get possessed in this line as well? rats!

So Menethil pulled an Auric? Well at least all he has to do is wait a few hundred years and he'll be a biped again or is this a reincarnation thing? Meh that's probably spoilers but damn Spike those guards are going to need more then a Senzu bean for those burns! also Twilight's lab smells like 'oil and sex'? My god Twilight what are you doing in there?...on second thought I don't want to know. What I do want to know is where the heck are Tanya and Astelan? They haven't even been mentioned in the Sunlight Era *I doubt Sunset and Twilight will hook up but I can imagine it's fun to tease them with that ship*

8586019
I don’t want to spoiler anything involving Menethil. :pinkiecrazy: however I will say that it is something similar to Auric, but not the exact same.

I'm liking Spike in this one!

8586023
And yet you have this story with Glacier Frost who is either Menethil or one of his decedents meaning Menethil CAN have kids. Sorry man but you did spoil a few small points. What do you think Pinkie?
I think your taking this to seriously.
Thank you Pinkie:pinkiecrazy:

8586072
I should say, spoil too much :rainbowlaugh:

“You know... There’s nothing wrong with being gay. I’m not saying any of you are, but the way you’ve all been fighting, you suck more cock than a starving changeling at convenience store glory hole.”

THIS! This is a line for the ages!

“Spike stop emasculating the Royal Guard. They have adequacy issues enough as it is.”

As is that one.

“So, Celestia and Glacier have a job for us?” Twilight asked curiously, coking her ehad to the side.

Pretty sure you meant cocking her head.

Hate the pony idea and also I thought twilight was an alicorn?

8586077
I’m glad you liked it, also thanks for catching that. :twilightsmile:

8586076
We see the spoilers Dream. We. See. Eeeeverythiiiiing.:pinkiecrazy:
Thrin: DAMN IT PINKIE I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF THAT POTION CABINET! NONE OF THOSE WERE IN EVEN IN THE TESTING PHASE!:twilightangry2:

8586080
Pony idea? :rainbowhuh:
Also, what the name of the first episode of the series?

Spike the Dragon has never met his parents. Yet he takes after them to a strange degree. Most find him rather creepy or unnerving. It doesn’t help that he’s a snarky little dragon. Despite all this, beneath those black scales, is a passionate and protective heart. He’ll do anything to keep those close to him safe.

Wait. His attitude. His terrifying grin and his snarky, insulting, profane lines. Never met his parents. Yet he takes after them to a strange degree?

No. You didn't. Did you? If you did, I salute you! This is a stroke of genius! Oh, I hope I'm right...!

8586091
Spikes going to have his own chapter, probably after I finish the Friendship is Magic arc. (Which is going to be six chapters by the way.)

8586096
Can I PM you the conclusion I have come to? Based on the information so far?

8586089
Menithil being a pony, also I meant I thought she was an alicorn in this story.

8586119
There’s a reason for that. As to Twilight, this story is generally ment to jump around in the canon, she isn’t an alicorn yet. and when she is, I’ll mention it.

8586135
Ah.....that's confusing as HELL.

8586137
This is a story that’s more episodic. Most chapters will be one off unless the chapter title states otherwise.

“Well, the Summer Sun Celebration is coming up in a couple days, and this year it’s in Ponyville. You’re mom and I want Twi, Spike, and you to head down there to make sure everything’s in working order. Also, we want Twilight to make some friends, she spends too much time in her workshop.” Glacier’s face scrunched up a bit. “Last time I went in there it smelled like oil and sex.” He shuddered. “I am beginning to regret giving Twi that Bolter for her birthday all those years ago.”

It's "Your" and not "You're" which is the shortened version of "You are"


Also, i couldn't stop laughing while i read this chapter XD:rainbowlaugh:

8586167
Hooray for catching little grammar errors! :yay:

8586091
I glossed over that the first couple of times that I read it. I think I hear what you're saying.

8586364
Keep it secret! Keep it safe!

hmmmmm look good, i think sunset and twilight have a lover/hate/best friends who have crush on each other but cant seem to tell the other out of fear of rejection.

My Pinkie Sense tell me I'm going to meet the people that can match my level of INSANITY!!! (I can hardly wait) :pinkiecrazy:

8586076
But can you tell me/us where Spike parents are? (because personally, I bet with 99% of certainty here on Tanya and Astelan and in the story description it's stated that he does not know his parents [and I do not think that they would leave him alone...... especially after Tanya reaction in chapter Consolidation: Part 1 ] so my question is: are they alive or maybe they have been sealed, or for some other reason they have decided what they have decided ?...... so can you answer on it (here or PM)......well I hope that they will appears during FIM:raritystarry: (I like their personality)
Ps Good chapter👍

8588025
more then likely she lay an egg, which would take shit ton of magic to hatch, that or spike is oldest of the 3 and like his mom, is just super short/age slow,

pinkie ask: "so how old are you spike."
spike answer "i stop counting at 1200, mianly cuase I have grown an inch since I was 12 years old and have not age day since then...."

8585979
no more like she keep hitting on litch king guy to the point her sister got piss and sent her to the moon for 1000years so she and her hubby can not have to worry about luna try to get in bed with them.....

I went in there it smelled like oil and sex.” He shuddered. “I am beginning to regret giving Twi that Bolter for her birthday all those years ago.”

That is not a healthy relationship :applejackunsure:

For that matter could I borrow Chillwind or one of your Necroguard?”

Oh, Chillwind is still around, that's neat :pinkiesmile:

A downright unnerving grin split Spike’s face, and something approaching madness glinted in the abnormal dragon’s glowing green eyes.

So i take it Spike is related to Tanya and Astelan :pinkiecrazy:

“Tell you as we walk. We’ve got a Twilight to pry out of her workshop.” Sunset said with a slight groan

Ahh, the true challenge of this quest :moustache:

This looks fun, looking forward to more :twilightsmile:

Fuck! *Facepalms* Spike is Tanya's kid!

Could you continue this too?

8980511
I second this request. This story has too much potential to let it die out.

Is there a rewrite or a plan to return that im missing out on? This seems pretty interesting.

Is there any more stories in this universe with Sunset and Twi because I like it and the fact that every god damn story I love is either cancelled or last updated in 2015 is starting to bother me.

10372762
Yeah I want a rewrite or continuation as well.

Login or register to comment