• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 4,222 Views, 55 Comments

Redeeming Darkness - 'Displaced' - KukriRyuTsukino



What happens when you go to a convention as one of the most infamous Rangers who actively chose to go dark? How would you redeem his actions... through your own?

  • ...
23
 55
 4,222

A Psychotic Rise, A Dark Fall [Part III of III ]

Charlemane Street, Canterlot,Equestria #12571325

Thomas sighed softly. From what he could guess from the anthropomorphic bunny’s comments, she had the Psycho Rangers locked in her head, so potentially, she also had access to their weapons and powers, which was a very troubling thought. However, he suspected, that since she wasn’t quite listening to the Psycho Rangers, it was equally likely that she had access to unique capabilities all her own.

“You aren’t going to create chaos as I doubt that’s going to help anyone, save for drawing attention I doubt you’d prefer to want,” he said dryly, his eyes narrowing behind the ruby-gold lenses over his eyes.

The ‘Psycho Usagi’ cocked her head as she seemed to smirk. She twisted, spinning as a shaft from an umbrella shot over her shoulder and narrowly missed her. He wasn’t all that surprised when she grabbed the end and twisted, swinging it hard towards Moon Dancer’s shoulder, though he deflected it in a flicker of light as the crystalline shell flickered from the contact. She seemed almost amused as he redirected it, twisting as he did to swing it towards her hip before she blocked it, though his quick flicking jab to her ribs seemed to surprise her as she stepped back, the staff scraping along her armored upper abdomen with a soft rasping sound like a file on metal, though it did almost no damage.

His eyes narrowed fractionally as she swatted several quick strikes, which he was able to deflect before he shifted his weight on his back foot before he pulsed the energy suddenly before he shot forward at this ‘Crystal Psycho Usagi’ and drove his foot into her chest and shoulder as she swung the makeshift bo staff as he twisted, narrowly ducking into a tight somersault before planting one booted foot into her shoulder, spinning her backwards.

“You’re going to regret that,” she said childishly.

“Really? Prove it,” he retorted as she pushed off, somersaulting into a hard overhead strike as he twisted at the last moment, though the resulting detonation of bluish black fire hurled him into a wall hard.

He grunted with the impact as he winced, groaning softly. “Gonna have to do better than that,” he said weakly before managing to sit up. His eyes widened as she thrust the staff like a spear, though he managed to evade it, even as several showers of sparks blew off her armored form. ‘Seems her Psycho Ranger form dulls whatever energy manipulation she possesses, if not nullifies it fully,’ he noted.

He noticed out of the corner of his eye Skyheart and Moon Dancer approaching, Jizaiken Kiba extended in their 'crossbow’ form. He noticed the Crystal Psycho retreated, but not in a hurry, as if she were gliding backwards in odd, flowing strides.

“Back off, you bitch,” Moon Dancer snapped angrily. His eyebrow rose at her comment before he saw the Psycho Usagi shoot a clear glare skyward as he managed to get his feet beneath him and tense his muscles before he felt a numbing sensation tingling over his body as he was frozen in mid-leap to tackle the Psycho Ranger.

He didn't see the lenses suddenly seemed to glow a pale blue light from her mask causing Thomas to feel like he was paralyzed and numb. She tossed the pole aside held up her hand as it formed a white ball of light. “Sorry, but we will have to finish later.” She threw the orb to the ground causing a blinding flash of light. “No way am I kissing the GLORIOUS, IVORY COLORED, ASS, OF NEMESIS SUNBUTT!!!” With that the light faded and the rabbit had fled.

——

Thomas groaned as he slammed into the debris strewn ground as he demorphed, his armored form dissolving into motes of sparkling ruby-garnet light. “Nemesis Sunbutt? Really? Silly, but somewhat unimaginative,” he muttered as he flinched, hearing a lion’s roar suddenly, his ears twitching. He felt Twilight’s hands on his shoulder leave abruptly, as if she’d heard it as well. He managed to catch himself from faceplanting on the ground before he noticed a pile of rubble pulsing with red and golden light. The glow dimmed as he staggered closer before he concentrated, unaware of the formerly invisible and hidden birthmark of six garnet triangles forming a six pointed star within a crescent moon just above his eyebrows. It immediately shimmered for a few seconds as the pile blew apart, a small cloud of dust kicking up from the abrupt telekinetic burst. His eyes widened at what he saw… the Gao no Hōju of GaoRed of the Gaorangers. To his surprise, however, when he reached for them, they shone brightly before shooting at him at high speed. He didn’t see them swirl around the gemstone at his waist, forming a thicker golden ring with four gemstones within, a Hessonite crystal, a ruby, an Uvarovite crystal, and a red onyx crystal. He grimaced, seeing they’d vanished before he heard wingbeats, his eyes narrowing as he saw Princess Celestia touching down, her hooves softly clicking as her feet touched the debris strewn ground before she frowned, sighing softly before she shook her head, her horn dimming.

“From what I can tell, there were no deaths, though quite a few injuries and a lot of damage,” she said softly. She saw the lone human of the group grimace.

“We got off fortunate, though hopefully those androids didn’t try to kidnap anyone else. From what I can tell, it was meant to be more of a shock campaign and hopefully nothing more,” he sighed as he straightened before he winced as the muscles of his back and shoulders bulged abruptly before contorting as if something were beneath the muscle, forcing its way out.

Twilight Sparkle darted quickly forward to touch his shoulder before the sickening sound of tearing meat sounded along with a yell of intense pain from their human friend as something slid off his shoulders, falling with a wet splat onto the ground. Moon Dancer gagged before staggering back. Skyheart glanced at Princess Celestia before darting to the unconscious human, her fingers brushing away the blood trickling away from the gashes before her eyes widened as a gasp escaped her as she stood.

“We need to get him somewhere cleaner than here. The dirt and dust won't help these,” she said in a businesslike tone.

“Right away,” the Princess said with a concerned look as she focused a teleportation spell.

—∆—∆—∆—∆—

In a distant forest wild with untamed nature wild and rarely friendly or kind known as the Everfree Forest, a dark pink and purplish black smoke crawled along the ground. Malignant energy seemed to cling to the smoke close to the territory of a very old and powerful pack of Timberwolves.

Dark grayish tangelo bark with dark green moss showed an old female Alpha with hungry golden yellow eyes stalking through the trees and bushes, the low rustling the only warning.

The malignant smoke shifted, lingering close to the ground in a hollow at the base of a slope before it lashed out, forcing itself down the Alpha’s throat, its snarls and growls being muffled forcibly as barely visible tendrils of pink light flickering through the bark 'skin’ of the Alpha.

Tiny cracks began to form as the light grew brighter slowly as the Alpha male stumbled out of the cavern several meters behind. The Alpha female spun almost immediately, malignant dark gray smoke leaking from the bark just above her paws as her eyes glowed a malevolent, hateful pink before she snarled, leaping at the half asleep beast.

As her fangs sank into his throat, eliciting a spray of dark sap-like blood, tendrils of sapphire blue fire erupted, being dragged into the altered female as the male shuddered, his bark flesh dulling as the wood dried out harshly. As the bushes rustled, howls and loud crunches were the only sign of the old pack’s demise.

“Very interesting. Whatever the energy that sustains these… wooden beasts… was enough to give me a semblance of my own body,” a malicious voice muttered as the humanoid form straightened, with B cup breasts and broad hips. Her form might have been attractive, despite the fact that crystals of dark pink and purple festooned the dark grey shoulders and forearms as well as forming long, lethal looking fangs on either side of her mouth, her eyes a glowing dark cerise-pink with slitted pupils whilst the sclera were pitch black.

A chuckle escaped her as she clenched her fists, pink static crackling from the crystalline structures and flickering around her fingers. The chuckle might have been thought of as warm if not for the anger, hatred, and malice in her voice.

The chuckle grew into sadistic laughter as she decided to find a way to regain her true form. She was fairly sure that consuming whatever life force those wolves had would make it easier.

“Psycho Pink is back to stay and no damned Rangers are going to stop me!!” she crowed as she smirked, her crystalline pale amethyst fangs curled upward slightly in a rather disturbing, predatory manner.

She cocked her head, hearing a rustling before she heard footfalls. She turned before darting at high speed into the bushes, the bushes almost exploding from her momentum as she bodily slammed into the tiger with extreme force, hurling it against a tree that leaned drunkenly over with a splatter of dark red blood on it. She felt the crystal lengthen over the backs of her hands and fingers, forming into razor sharp claws before she drove them into the feline, the same pale sapphire flames flaring up as the feline yowled in pain, though the sound swiftly died off as its muscular frame and lively, defiant gaze both shrank and dulled respectively as its muscular frame became thin as its fur became lackluster and dull. Its gaze was empty as she yanked free the claws in a spray of blood, the corpse twitching several times as it collapsed on the ground as she turned away, licking at the blood on the crystalline claws.

“That idiot bunny… Reina… thought she was being amusing by holding us back… I will find a way for the others to escape… and become stronger than ever... and maybe... I could mulch those idiots that call themselves my teammates,” Psycho Pink snarled as she rolled her shoulders as the crystalline structures grew slightly, curving over like crystalline blossoms about to bloom. She glanced down at herself, seeing that new slices had formed underneath her wrists before she focused, crystalline tendrils tipped with vicious serrated tips and various thorns of varying length sliding free before she smirked. “This… is going to be fun,” she muttered as she retracted all but the tips, which rested against the undersides of her wrists as she stalked through the trees, hunting for more life force to become stronger.

—∆—∆—∆—∆—

Thomas groaned, his entire torso aching not only from the fight, but from whatever had followed. He remembered intense pain and the sickening sensation of his muscles tearing in his shoulders and back and little else. He realized, rather than lying on his back, he was lying on his chest. He blinked a few times, confused as his dark aquamarine-teal irises shimmered iridescently as he realized he lay on what seemed to be a cross between a hospital bed and massage table.

“Heh… stay gold,” he muttered weakly before he jumped slightly at feeling a gentle touch on his shoulder just above his bicep before his gaze flicked to the slightly curving mirror to see Princess Celestia and Twilight Sparkle.

“What does that mean? Is it some sort of reference to something, perhaps?” Celestia asked kindly, her tone concerned but warm.

“It’s a book reference, actually. It was a book called ‘The Outsiders’ primarily driven from a teenager’s point of view. At the beginning, he uses those words, though it’s also a reference to a poem. Essentially, it’s a story in a state called Oklahoma between two rival groups, one a privileged group called the ‘Socs’, the other a much less privileged group, the ‘Greasers’ as they have to work for everything they have,” he said wryly, noticing Twilight’s great interest as he spoke, unaware of the mare's great fondness for reading and books in general.

“Go on, I’m really curious now,” Twilight said excitedly, bouncing slightly on her hooves.

He did notice the amused look Princess Celestia shot Twilight before she patted his shoulder again and stepped out of the room quietly. “It’s told primarily from the perspective of Ponyboy Curtis, who’s a young man… if I remember fifteen or sixteen, though I can’t remember for sure. Essentially, the Socs look down on the Greasers and neither group gets along very well, if at all. Sometimes they’ll get into fights, though other times they’ll simply be nasty to one another. Ponyboy is on his way out of a movie theater when he gets ‘jumped’ by several Socs, only for his older brothers, named Sodapop and Darry, short for Daryl, and a few others to save him from being attacked. They do run into one Soc girl by the name of Cherry Valance and her friend Marcia the next night at a drive-in theater. You see, movie theaters usually came in two main forms, a large building that held everything from the snacks and candy, along with carbonated drinks and popcorn, to on average between eight and as many as twenty one different rooms that played various movies. There were also the rarer ‘drive-in’ movies in which you drove your car in, parked, and watched the movie from your car, often listening to the movie through a speaker you could hang from your window or through the radio of the car itself,” he said wryly.

Twilight seemed fascinated by his words, he noticed. “So Ponyboy and Cherry end up becoming friends, though Cherry’s boyfriend doesn’t like Ponyboy simply because he’s a Greaser. Ponyboy has this friend by the name of Johnny who tends to have bad luck in getting jumped from time to time by Socs, one recent incident being with Cherry’s boyfriend who left him cut up from heavy rings the youth, Bob, wears. So Cherry’s boyfriend and Marcia’s boyfriend, Randy, try to pick a fight, only for it to go nowhere, fortunately. Unfortunately, Ponyboy gets home late, and as a result gets yelled at by Darry who overreacts and slaps him, though he immediately regrets it as Ponyboy flees.

Ponyboy ends up meeting with Johnny and they consider running away from the constant fighting between Greasers and Socs, only for no less than five Socs to encounter them in a nearby park, including Bob and Randy. They get into insults until Ponyboy spits in the face of one of them and they try to drown him in a nearby fountain and nearly succeed. Of course, they forgot about Johnny, who lashes out at them and kills Bob with a knife, causing the others to flee. They end up going to Dally, an older friend, who gives them a gun and money… a weapon that propels tiny chunks of metal at high speed… and tells them to hide in a nearby town at an abandoned church.

They do so, hiding aboard a train that passes nearby, then manage to leave the train despite it not reaching a station,” he said wryly.

“They leaped from the moving train? Wouldn’t that be dangerous?” Twilight asked.

Yeah, and it is, though I’ve never done it. You’d have to know exactly how to fall and roll with the impact, I think. So Ponyboy and Johnny got food before getting on the train along with a few other things, like a book called Gone with the Wind and peroxide to bleach Ponyboy’s hair. I don’t know what cutting your hair would look like using a knife, but I don’t imagine it would look very good,” he said wryly.

“You said that phrase, ‘stay gold’, was a poetry reference. Do you know the poem?” Twilight said curiously.

Nature’s first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf’s a flower; but only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf. So Eden sank to grief, so dawn goes down to day. Nothing gold can stay,” Thomas recited from memory. He saw Twilight shiver before he noticed Skyheart and an unfamiliar mare with a bright gold coat, strong orange eyes that were both stern yet compassionate, and a dark amber and vivid orange mane as they entered, followed by Princess Celestia.

As Thomas closed his eyes nervously, he became keenly aware of how the air was moving in the room, though he was unaware of the broad wings carefully spread from his shoulder blades. He was unaware that the muscles in his chest, shoulders, back and upper arms, had grown several times more dense and powerful to support the wings and allow for use.

He shivered as he felt how the air was shifting before he inhaled sharply, feeling an odd tingling sensation shooting through his shoulders as he noticed Twilight blushing slightly as he saw the unfamiliar mare moving something that was a deep reddish golden hue.

“Are those… feathers? Like… wings?” he blurted in confusion.

“Yep, they’re your wings,” the mare said with amusement. “I’m Spitfire,” she said with a grin as she preened his wings, amused as he twitched and shivered a few times. “You act like you’ve never seen or had wings before,” she remarked before she smirked as he shot her a look that was both bored and insulted.

“I’ve seen wings… on birds. I’ve also seen wings in Greek Mythology, like Daedalus and Icarus or the winged horse known as Pegasus whom Perseus rode. Had them? No… because humans don’t fly,” he said dryly. He rolled his eyes, though he didn’t miss the curious glint in Twilight’s eyes.

“With my help, you will fly… and no doubt enjoy it,” Spitfire said with a smirk.

“Perhaps, though I don’t really see myself flying,” Thomas deadpanned, rolling his shoulders as he smirked, the tip of his wing swatting Spitfire across the muzzle, though he noticed she snorted as if surprised before she smirked.

He had a strange feeling at that smirk, though, like he was the butt of a joke. “We’ll see, won’t we?” she quipped.

“Hmmm. If it’s anything like skydiving, it could be fun,” he said thoughtfully. Spitfire’s eyebrow rose.

“Skydiving?” she said curiously.

“Essentially, jumping out of a plane without wings… only a parachute,” was his dry reply as he shivered, feeling tingles rushing through his body as he felt slight, subtle shifts as, he noticed, Spitfire shifted certain feathers.

Spitfire looked thoughtful, as she was, admittedly, curious. “I don’t know if I’d be able to do that. It’s almost second nature to fly with my wings,” she responded.

Thomas shrugged slightly, noticing his wings shifted in response, the feathers rustling softly before he concentrated, trying to move them as Spitfire backed away as his wings folded in fluidly before extending. “Ugh… that feels so weird… I can feel every bit of air brushing against them… wait… that pain in my back,” he said softly, his eyes deepening in color to a deep aquamarine that bled into a warm, deep cyan tone.

“Yeah, though we can’t figure out why the wings seemed to tear themselves free,” Skyheart said softly, her tone thoughtful, though Thomas noticed the troubled edge to her voice.

“I wonder if it has to do with the Gao no Hōju… one in particular is what I’m thinking of,” he said softly, thinking.

“Gao no Hōju? What are those?” Celestia asked.

“The group I mentioned that protected nature from destructive spirits used them. The most literal translation of the phrase is Power Animal or more appropriately, Wildzords. However, these creatures choose who wields them,” he said dryly as he concentrated as his new wings folded gently against his shoulders. He shivered at the sensations of the feathers brushing his bare skin.

He winced as he managed to push himself off his front, grimacing as his body was aching quite a bit. He felt a tingling chill rush over his body before the pain receded. He blinked, seeing Twilight holding out his buckle, though he noticed the thicker golden ring almost immediately as well as the quartet of gemstones. He cocked his head fractionally, seeing the small triangular selector as he took the buckle. He had the strangest feeling that these particular Wildzords had chosen him for some reason. “I hope I’m wrong in my guess,” he whispered as he slid shakily out of the bed, not seeing how Skyheart was licking her lips as he was clad only in a pair of boxers that hid very little. Twilight and Moon Dancer, however, were blushing as Princess Celestia simply smiled slightly, though he noticed her turning away as she cleared her throat.

His eyes narrowed fractionally as he had the distinct sense that the Princess was trying hard not to laugh at Twilight and Moon Dancer, though admittedly, he found the fact they were blushing somewhat adorable.

“Um… do you mind so I can get dressed?” he said wryly. Thomas was amused as Twilight and Moon Dancer fairly fled, while Spitfire and the Princess took their time. Skyheart, however, remained.

“I want to do a thorough examination, just to make sure you’re okay,” Skyheart said, the corners of her muzzle curling up with a smirk as she spoke. Thomas shivered, though he wasn’t sure why.

He shrugged as he half turned before he yelped as he felt her hand swat him sharply on the rear before he cocked his head, shooting a look her direction, though she had an innocent look on her face. He exhaled as he slipped into the bathroom, though he did hear her soft hoofbeats as she followed him inside. He heard her hum with interest, unaware that his wings, in that moment, looked more like tattoos than actual wings.

He turned his head as he flushed the toilet, cocking his head slightly. “What has you so interested?” he said dryly.

He felt her fingers brush not across feathers, but skin. He blinked as he half turned, seeing that his wings looked like a tattoo, though what caught his eye was that the top feathers were a rich, deep byzantine purple fading to a dark indigo and bluish indigo… much like the night sky. It brought back memories that he only half remembered as he instinctively hummed softly.

He stepped towards the shower, though he wasn’t all that surprised to hear Skyheart’s soft hoofbeats behind him as she started the shower, despite the fact he could have easily done so himself.

Around twenty minutes later, he was pressing his feet into the sandal-boots left for him, surprised at how comfortable they were.

“How about we explore the city a bit?” he said quietly, drawing a soft chuckling sigh from Skyheart, who was hugging him from behind. ‘No doubt the others are waiting for us, though… I’m still getting used to the idea of these anthropomorphic ponies in heat… much less any of them even remotely interested in what is, essentially, a stranger,’ he thought.

He exhaled softly as he slipped away from Skyheart, fortunately without her notice, as the other anthropomorphic ponies noticed them. He sighed softly as he wandered through the halls to a balcony, noticing the moon rising along with an odd grouping of craters that looked oddly like a equine face.

His voice was low as he sang softly, though he heard a distinct feminine voice joining his after a half dozen lines of lyrics, one that, deep down, he recognized immediately, yet he couldn’t remember why it felt so familiar… almost… motherly.

I've begun to realize...
That I'm better when I’m with you,
You delivered me from the pain in my life...
Easy now to recognize...
All the misery I have been through,
It was beating me to submission...
Till the day you arrived,
Suddenly, I felt alive...
Strength I had lost was revived...
and building inside...
And we both know why...

'Cause you're mine...
I knew I could be whole if you were mine...
I'll vanquish any foe because you're mine...

Been betrayed too many times...
Didn't think I would ever recover,
Let it haunt me for the rest of my life...
Then you opened up my eyes,
And you helped me rediscover...
Were the one who resurrected...
A man who had died...
Your power, it gave me new life...
Made me reborn and refined,
Rebuilt from inside...
And we both know why...

'Cause you're mine...
I knew I could be whole if you were mine...
I'll vanquish any foe because you're mine…”as he paused to take a breath, he noticed the feminine voice continued.

“I never thought I would ever escape...
At times, I wanted to die,
Feared that it all was just a little too late...
Thought that I wouldn't survive,
I let you in and let go of the hate...
My heart recovered now, I owe you a debt that I can never repay...
I still believe...
'Cause you're mine,
I'm burning inside...
And we both know why...

'Cause you're mine…
I knew I could be whole if you were mine,
I'll vanquish any foe because you're mine...
I can regain control because you're mine…” after which he heard the voice fade away. He heard a soft sniff behind him before he turned, seeing Princess Celestia, who had tears in her eyes. He blinked once then twice.

“That female voice… they’re close to you, from your reaction,” he said quietly.

“My sister… Luna,” Celestia said softly. “What is your connection to her?” she said softly.

“I can’t remember, that’s the problem. It’s like… part of my memories are… missing… or something was trying to interfere and trying to make me forget,” he admitted.

"Then we will find out together. I did not enjoy what I had no choice but to do," Princess Celestia said softly, regret clear in her voice to his ears.

"I won't ask what you're referring to, as it's obviously painful for you to remember. I get the feeling that... whatever I've forgotten... that has to do with her... presuming she's a Princess like you... wasn't just for her... but my own benefit as well. Maybe... I've blocked it out... thinking it was a dream," he said softly, thinking. As Thomas walked away into the castle, he didn't notice Princess Celestia's thoughtful look.

"Did you do that, sister? Was it deliberate, from the Nightmare? Or desperation, from you, Luna?" she murmured thoughtfully, her gaze rising to the moon.

Author's Note:

Psycho Pink seems to be one nasty bitch, pardon my language. She seems really nasty and manipulative, yet cunning.

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Here's the vocal colors in question so far.

  • Princess Celestia – goldenrod Speech
  • Rose Quartz Pie— #F64A8A Speech
  • Thomas Oliver — #3f00ff Speech, Thoughts #325775
  • Byakōshinken - #EFDFBB Speech
  • Lyra Heartstrings - #98FB98 Speech
  • Moon Dancer - #ED2939 Speech
  • Twilight Sparkle - #a66ebe Speech, 'Thoughts #FDC7F9
  • Princess Luna - #220E9A Speech

-----------------Psycho Pink - 3a082d Speech