• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 4,222 Views, 55 Comments

Redeeming Darkness - 'Displaced' - KukriRyuTsukino



What happens when you go to a convention as one of the most infamous Rangers who actively chose to go dark? How would you redeem his actions... through your own?

  • ...
23
 55
 4,222

A Psychotic Rise, A Dark Fall [Part II of III]

Canterlot Hospital, Equestria #12571325

Thomas’ eyes narrowed on the beast as his shoulders rolled before he turned, surprised to see clothes flying at him wreathed in a pale pinkish mulberry aura that faded as he caught the clothes.

For just an instant, he felt a surge deep in his abdomen before he blinked as he noticed the hospital gown in his grip before he exhaled softly, tossing it towards the bed.

Twilight Sparkle blinked as a burst of pale lavender-blue smoke imploded before she noticed the confusion on Thomas’ face. 'Hmmm, it seems he will need lessons to control this new talent, if it's his particular gift, like mine seems to extend to Magic in general,’ she thought as he tossed aside the hospital gown. For just an instant, a shiver rushed through her, recalling what she'd witnessed between him and the nurse a few feet away.

Skyheart tilted her head, as the burst she'd felt didn't feel quite like Magic in the way she was familiar with, which, it was theorized, was primarily spiritual and mental energy, hence why it required fervent study, research, and practice as it was always changing. 'Wonder if the exercises we are familiar with would help, or will we have to find new, unique exercises for him?’ she thought as she fingered the green turquoise crystalline Coin in her pocket. Though her talent was primarily medical in nature, she was very accurate and skilled with ranged attacks.

Thomas exhaled softly as he rolled his shoulders, smirking slightly as he rather liked this outfit. It was a dark bronze armor that felt like leather, though the dark brown and black undertones along his inner thighs and biceps was rather nice for contrast. The dark copper bracers held firmly on his forearms.

“Let's make sure that draconian creature doesn't try to harm anyone else… especially a certain pastel,” he said dryly, his gaze flickering over Celestia. Had he not been looking at her directly, he doubted he'd have noticed the very slight pink hue entering her soft alabaster cheeks.

He half turned as he walked towards the door, noticing Twilight and Moon Dancer following him. He thought he heard hoofbeats as he jogged down the hall, fairly sure who it was following them. ‘Skyheart, if I’m right, has the Gingaman Green Coin,’ he thought as he moved steadily, noticing the staircases were open to the exterior air. A small smirk crossed his face as his eyes narrowed fractionally before he vaulted over the barrier out into the air before curling into a somersault and rolled into the landing, grunting a bit, though he saw both Moon Dancer and Twilight follow him.

He glanced at his wrist, seeing the Gingaman crystal bracelet before he felt a nudge deep in his mind. It wasn’t the presence of the Kitsune, but something else. He cocked his head slightly, feeling the presence in his mind as if it was measuring him before it retreated. ‘For just an instant, I was struck by the thought of Zordon, yet… it doesn’t exist, or does it and we just don’t know it?’ he thought. Admittedly, the thought of the Morphing Grid actually existing was possible, though, he didn’t really think it existed. “Ready?” he said quietly.

“Ready,” he heard the girls echo.

“Kōseki Saisei,” he intoned, hearing the girls echo him as he felt the heat rush through his body, crystalline ruby light flaring out as he twisted, ruby light shattering into dark red boots and lighter red greaves before white quartz shattered to revealed armored scales covering his thighs and hips as he pushed off, for just a couple of seconds in the back somersault, seeing the Gingaman belt form along with the Seijūken at his right hip before he saw the garnet armored vest and ruby pauldrons form alongside the same odd serpentine scales covering his upper arms before dark copper and ruby bracers and armored gloves formed over his forearms and hands.

He half closed his eyes as the glow engulfed his head, forming into a helmet with a dark ruby lens though the helmet had primarily black and dark red tones over it with a white vertical streak over the helm.

He glanced over his shoulder, seeing Moon Dancer in similar armor, though hers was a silvery armor with deep topaz, gold, and dark copper armor. Twilight wore similar, though hers was a deeper grayish white with rose, dark pink, and copper armor. He did notice the gemstones where their horns were, apparently to act as alternate foci.

He tilted his head slightly, took a slow breath as he rolled his shoulders as a small smirk crossed his face underneath the helmet before he heard whining whistles before his eyes rose, noticing a HUD picking up close to two dozen forms incoming. He did, however, notice that quite a few civilians were helping others to safety. He shifted his weight before he darted forward, catching three civilians, one being Minuette before pushing off into a somersault and narrowly evading two metallic pods with spear bases that disintegrated into golden and amber powder to reveal pairs of Bārohei droids in each pod.

“Not going to have the opportunity,” Twilight said dryly before the gem in her helmet shone before both Bārohei droids were hurled forcibly backwards and over a nearby stone wall edging the walkway though he noticed three more pods hit the ground as she fought. He pushed off, driving both booted feet into the chest of one droid before he smirked slightly as it detonated in a fireball, blowing one pod apart and heavily damaging another as it hit the ground before he snorted a laugh as it slammed into the odd jackal-dragon creature, who backhanded it aside and shattered it, chunks of metal and gears scattering over the ground.

‘If not all of those pods are headed here, as it appears, we may need to mobilize others to keep casualties to a minimum,’ he thought. He noticed the marketplace below as several pods slammed into it, creating fear and panic. His eyes narrowed as he rolled his shoulders. “Let’s keep those droids put out of the way,” he said dryly, seeing Moon Dancer and several guards assisting them, delaying the droids that had already impacted within a couple of hundred feet. 'I wonder what sort of energy is within that meteorite to corrupt someone into… that… and more importantly… how can we keep it from those who would use it for darker purposes?’ he thought. He pushed off the ground, noticing, out of the corner of his eye, that electrically based, piercing, and bludgeoning spells seemed to be the most effective against the Bārohei droids.

He jogged along the rooftops, not all that surprised Twilight joined him, though he did notice a flicker of periwinkle out of the corner of his eye. His eyes narrowed fractionally, inhaling slowly. He had a sneaky suspicion of who it was, though. ‘Wonder if the Lights will show themselves,’ he mused. He took a soft breath as he kept his pace steady and quick along the rooftop edge before his eyes narrowed fractionally as he pushed off, drawing the Seijūken from his hip as he touched the pommel before drawing the tips of his fingers along the flat of the blade as a bright red glow grew along the blade to its tip as he somersaulted twice, gaining speed before he touched the ground and crouched sharply in the same fluid motion of slamming the blade into the paving stones. A crescent shaped jet of burning energy seared the air, shearing through several pods which glowed a brilliant orange-yellow that was blinding before it detonated, blowing a trio of close planted pods apart.

“Nice Kaen Shuji, here’s my Hana Chūshin,” Twilight said with amusement as she drew her fingers along the first third of the blade, a warm rosy pink glow engulfing the blade within seconds before she slashed diagonally upward, then downward, the energy arcing forth and shattering before ripping into the pods in energy ‘petals’ that vaguely formed a heart before imploding in arcs of electricity that sliced through close to a dozen Bārohei droids.

He smirked before chuckling before he noticed a cloaked figure swinging one Bārohei droid into others before he snorted a laugh. “Maybe we should batter up too, eh, Twilight?” he quipped as several droids charged at them. He shifted his weight, twisting into a tornado kick that sent one into Twilight, who caught it and fell back in a textbook belly-to-belly release suplex before she bent back and shifted her weight so her ankles and calves were cinched firmly around the neck and shoulders of the large Bārohei droid before she shifted her weight suddenly, throwing it off balance before he caught it and fell back into a heavy DDT. He rolled to evade two extending spears before blasts of energy slammed into both, hurling them backwards in showers of sparks.

It didn’t escape his attention that these droids were larger and bulkier than the supposedly ‘canon’ Bārohei droids with ugly inhuman ‘faces’ and heavy blades on their shoulders and outer calves, so he assumed these were heavy shock troops of some sort. He noticed the ‘canon’ ones moving in for backup, he assumed. He noticed heavier cylindrical weapons that looked like a cross between a hammer and trident, though the hammer head was vertical rather than horizontal opposite the trident head as it extended into a weapon just under two feet from end to end.

His gaze flicked up, spotting Skyheart crouched on a rooftop and holding her left arm extended. He noticed a flicker of deep sapphire-periwinkle light before a bolt tinted with deep green edges fired, detonating in a shower of sparks before two more slammed viciously into the weaker droids, disabling them as electricity arced over their bodies before they dropped like puppets with their strings severed.

“You’ve never heard of an infamous move known as the ConChairTo, have you?” he muttered to Twilight, who cocked her head, apparently curious.

“No, though I’m curious now,” she said with an amused edge to her voice. She watched Thomas take out the legs from underneath a droid that was apparently weaker before grabbing it by the belt and ankle before she quickly mirrored his actions, grunting slightly with the weight.

“Headshot,” he deadpanned before he swung the droid hard, slamming it into the larger droid’s face as she twisted, slamming the one she had into the heavier droid’s head and neck from behind. Both weaker droids shattered in plumes of electricity, smoke and metal as the heavier droid dropped to its knees, swaying before dropping with a low whining sound of gears. She was struck by the thought, had it been a pony, it would have had a severe concussion if not a broken neck.

Twilight giggled before she drew her Jizaiken Kiba before flicking it so it extended into a bow. A small smirk crossed her face before she rolled her shoulders as she lifted the Beta Bow before firing several jets of bright pink energy as arrows before he pushed off, somersaulting over two of the weaker droids before tossing them towards the stronger droids, unimpressed as the cloaked figure slammed both down into the ground with a harsh somersault. He chuckled slightly as the robots weren’t, technically speaking, sentient.

He exhaled as he noticed that he flicked the blade, forming it into a bow as well before firing ruby light jets as arrows that caused some of the larger droids to stumble back a step or two.

He noticed, out of the corner of his eye, the cloaked figure retreating. He ducked beneath a wild slash before his eyes widened slightly as the heavy hammer end struck him in the shoulder, tossing him harshly to the right, though he managed to roll with the blow. He noticed two green tinted bolts slamming into the droid and forcing it back a bit before he managed to vault over the next swing from another droid before landing on the hammer end of the same droid’s weapon that had hit him. He noticed as the other reared back, that they didn’t seem to grasp the term ‘friendly fire’. ‘Hmmm, maybe we can use that against them,’ he thought as he pushed off, somersaulting twice as the heavy hammer end slammed into the droid, disarming it and disabling it as he fired several quick bolts into the droid and disabling it as well. Both dropped and moments later, detonated in small fireballs that rendered the possibility of analysis to figure out who was managing to send them extremely difficult to impossible.

“You noticed that?” he remarked to Twilight, who nodded as she fired a few magical shots at the weaker droids, blowing them apart.

“The stronger ones are tougher, but they don’t distinguish between enemies, like us, or each other,” she said analytically.

“Exactly. Maybe we could use that to our advantage. The larger pods that impacted, roughly one of every four, seem to have the tougher droids, while the rest have the weaker ones, and half of the stronger ones, so far, we’ve disabled, give or take, while around half to two thirds of the weaker ones have been disabled here, anyway,” he said wryly.

Twilight giggled before she gasped, seeing the large draconian creature, easily seven and a half feet tall with a heavy scythe, gripping a struggling Moon Dancer, demorphed, by the throat before he shifted the heavy scythe closer before green tinted bolts hit the creature from behind, forcing it to drop Moon Dancer.

Thomas darted forwards, catching Moon Dancer before sliding on his knees to evade the wild swing of the large scythe, coming to a stop several feet behind the creature as Moon Dancer coughed, gasping for air.

“I-i’m okay… just a bit dizzy,” she said shyly and a bit hastily.

Thomas glanced up as Skyheart dropped down before she pulled out a Coin he recognized as she slid it into a crystalline bracelet before a spiraling emerald green aura flared around her as jungle green, deep silver, and white armor formed around her body.

A dull aching throb formed just above his eyebrows. Had the helmet been out of the way, it would have revealed a odd birthmark in the shape of an upturned crescent moon with a six pointed star within the points -- a birthmark that was only given by one particular pony.

Just then an explosion could be heard from the nearby market sounding like lightning had just struck. This was followed by of course much screaming, which was drowned out by what could only be a voice that had been amplified somehow. “ATTENTION, SNOBBY, STUCK UP, PONIES OF CANTERLOT. THiS IS AN OFFICIAL ATTACK ON YOUR TACKY CITY!!! IF YOU WANT IT TO STOP, BRING ME THE IDIOTS CALLED THE POWER RANGERS!!! THAT IS ALL~” after the voice ended even more explosions were heard that caused even more panic to be spread.

He noticed guards charging at the robed figure , who to him, looked to be the height of around a ten or twelve year old child, around five feet tall, and around seven inches shorter than Twilight. He blinked in mild confusion as the figure deftly disarmed and knocked out several of the guards in movements that made him, strangely, think of a cross between the tango and ballroom waltz. He tried to keep from snorting a laugh at the strangeness of the situation.

“I’d have to agree with the snobby and stuck up part, but… tacky? Maybe the city’s tacky somewhat, but I don’t see really destroying it helping anything,” he said dryly as they darted around the corner while Moon Dancer stumbled after them, rubbing her throat.

“Besides, one of the first things I’d call tacky, would be that robe. I mean, it looks like something that came off of a shepherd,” Moon Dancer said dryly, grimacing.

Thomas saw the figure turn towards Moon Dancer before he saw the figure twist, driving a palm strike into the ribs of one guard and hurling him sideways into Moon Dancer, leaving them in a dazed pile as Moon Dancer huffed in surprise and groaned as the back of her head hit the cobblestone.

His eyes narrowed as he could feel energy flowing through his body as he sheathed the Seijūken before his eyes narrowed fractionally as he shifted his weight, not noticing that the ruby gemstone in the forehead of his helmet was pulsing rapidly as was the birthmark.

He did, however, notice arcs of electricity crackling over his armored bodysuit before concentrating into his fists as they condensed into what seemed to be bluish lavender flames with ruby red tips. He threw a hard punch at the figure before twisting with the strike into a spinning hook kick that the figure evaded easily before he grunted as the figure shoved him hard with a feminine giggle, hurling him over several tables and through a storefront window. He heard a gasp of shock as he winced, sitting up to see the figure grinning and giggling as she held a sphere of mulberry pink light that paled to a deep sapphire blue.

“I love when unicorns do that. The shock on their faces is so funny,” the figure remarked childishly.

His eyes narrowed as his hand curled as if holding a ball as he felt the strong tingling gathering before he hurled it at the sphere in the figure’s hand in an arcing bolt of lightning. To his surprise, the energies clashed violently, detonating in a large fireball that hurled the figure back, decloaking her to reveal an anthropomorphic rabbit with creamy pale white and tan fur with deep cyan eyes and black clothing on. He cocked his head, noticing, for a brief split second, a chaotic aura of crystalline colors in onyx, dark sapphire, dark rose, deep ruby, and dark topaz blended into what appeared to be a pale lavender aura. ‘Can’t be who I think, but… considering Zen-Aku exists… or existed… and is part of me now… who’s to say that other villains can’t?’ he thought.

He cocked his head as he took a shaky breath, feeling the itchy sensation fading as he stumbled out of the now heavily damaged storefront. He saw Moon Dancer grab some of the fallen chairs and hurl them at the bunny, though the sphere expanded into a half dome barrier, the chairs deflecting harmlessly with ripples of light as he concentrated, a sphere of dark sapphire light with ripples of lavender forming between his hands.

“Hadōken,” he barked as he fired the blast, which, to his surprise, not only struck and seemed to ‘stick’ to the barrier, but quickly began to ‘eat’ the barrier like his energy was some sort of acid to whatever she’d absorbed. Unfortunately, it fizzled out as the barrier dissolved, though he didn’t miss the momentary look of surprise on the bunny’s face at the reaction of the clashing energies.

“The last thing I expected was a Displaced human here. I suppose that means you’re one of my targets?”

“A what human? I have no idea what you’re talking about, though… seems like any definition of ‘normal’ jumped off the nearest cliffside, as of late,” Thomas said dryly, sighing near the end.

“Tell you what, if cute and adorkable agrees to go out on a date with me, I’ll tell you all about the subject, and probably some things about me, too,” the bunny said.

“I don’t know, though… with the Academy closed, it isn’t like the few friends I have or myself have that much to do. And what exactly are the Power Rangers?” Twilight said uncertainly.

Thomas saw the bunny frown before her eyes narrowed, a dark aura flickering around her. “Keep in mind that wasn’t a yes, but it wasn’t a refusal either,” he said dryly, tensing as he flicked one of the umbrella shafts up with his foot, not noticing that the makeshift bo staff gained a crystalline shell of red diamond at his touch.

The bunny smirked with a slightly nasty edge to it. “So sorry to have to destroy you right now,” she said with a slightly different tone. He was struck by faint memories of Psycho Yellow’s voice in that moment.

“Sounds like it’d be annoying with them, ain’t it?” he remarked casually. The bunny smiled broadly.

“Meh, it’s mostly random battle strategies and yells to destroy you. Annoying, but easy to ignore,” she remarked airily.

“Sometimes random is the most fun,” he quipped with a shrug.

“So, about Little Miss Dorkable?” she said nonchalantly.

“Maybe later, I think, preferably without whatever is influencing you to 'destroy' us,” Twilight said with an annoyed edge to her voice.
The bunny’s eyes tightened, though Thomas noticed the distinct flicker of dark yellow as her arm twisted, revealing a thick crystalline bracelet with a black opal set into it before the crystalline surface spread like a thick liquid over her body and darkened into a crystalline metallic appearance before shattering to reveal her oddly colored Psycho Ranger form.

It was mainly a silvery white shade, though the odd emblem behind the helmet that looked vaguely like an Omega symbol was a dark grayish black. The lenses over her eyes were a deep golden color while the bracers over her forearms were a light gray with cobalt undertones and black gloves while the greaves on her calves were a darker shade of gray with almost crystalline cobalt undertones. He cocked his head fractionally, noticing that the normally black background of the malefic ‘M’ marking that the Psycho Rangers had was almost constantly shifting in hue.

Author's Note:

What will follow next? More action!!! Though I suspect that the Psycho Rangers, if they are within this unknown anthropomorphic bunny... will not prefer to act through her for too long.

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Here's the vocal colors in question so far.

  • Princess Celestia – goldenrod Speech
  • Rose Quartz Pie— #F64A8A Speech
  • Thomas Oliver — #3f00ff Speech, Thoughts #325775
  • Byakōshinken - #EFDFBB Speech
  • Lyra Heartstrings - #98FB98 Speech
  • Moon Dancer - #ED2939 Speech
  • Twilight Sparkle - #a66ebe Speech, 'Thoughts #FDC7F9