• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 4,222 Views, 55 Comments

Redeeming Darkness - 'Displaced' - KukriRyuTsukino



What happens when you go to a convention as one of the most infamous Rangers who actively chose to go dark? How would you redeem his actions... through your own?

  • ...
23
 55
 4,222

A Psychotic Rise, A Dark Fall [Part I of III ]

CanterlotHospital, PrivateRoom #263 - Equestria#12571325
Thomas winced as his eyes snapped open, his head throbbing. “Any idea what the hell hit me?” he said dryly, grimacing as he sat up, surprised to see Twilight, Moon Dancer, Princess Celestia, and Nurse Skyheart.

“Exhaustion, though you fought admirably, I must admit. And apparently for a land that is not your homeland,” Princess Celestia.

Thomas cocked an eyebrow as he lifted his leg, his toes exposing themselves before he deliberately wiggled them. “What, the lack of hooves didn’t tell you I wasn’t a local? That, and the fact I don’t know well… anything… about anything around here?” he deadpanned, seeing Twilight frown a bit before Celestia laughed.

“You have a point, though from what I can guess, your land is far from here, though… admittedly, if you do decide to stay and hopefully build bonds of friendship, you will have to know of the history of Equestria,” Princess Celestia commented.

“Meh, could be worse. Although… I’m honestly shocked that those Coins… actually activated. When I made them… it was from the minerals that most emphasized their colors, honestly. Rose quartz for the Pink Gingaman Coin… and they’re not really technically Power Coins, but more the symbols emblazoned on the sword guards.. and I used yellow topaz for the Yellow Gingaman Coin. Lapis lazuli for the Blue, and green turquoise for Green. For Red… which apparently linked itself to me… I used bloodstone,” he said softly, thinking.

“What exactly are ‘Gingaman’, if I may ask?” Twilight said curiously.

“In my world, they were a series of ‘superhero’ style shows… well… one of roughly thirty different series and still going… I took specifically from three main series… Zyuranger, in which supposedly humans and dinosaurs lived in harmony, only for a certain quintet to be placed in a stasis and wake in the modern day… turns out their sixth was the brother to their Red… using this Coin,” he said wryly, pulling out the DragonRangerCoin, its tri-claw marking obvious. He pulled out a Coin of a roaring reptilian head, the ZyurangerRed Coin. “The others were Dairanger, which claim that another branch of humanity with strong spiritual energy fought against an opposing tribe with darker spiritual energy who allowed their energy to corrupt and twist them into inhuman monsters. They fought with the Tenpō Rairai no Tama or ‘Heavenly Lanai Jewels’ which protected the ‘good’ humans from the corruptive energies. I had intended to find or create the Gao no Hōju from Gaoranger, but was never able to. That particular team sought to protect nature and wildlife from destructive entities known as ‘Orgs’ created from the sadness, despair, and pain of others,” he said wryly as he slid both Coins back into the case on the side table.

“Do you know anything of these robots?” Princess Celestia asked kindly.

“Unfortunately not, though it’s obvious they are seeking to kidnap your subjects, and I doubt it’s for kind or pure reasons,” Thomas said wryly, being entirely truthful. He had suspicions, but no certainties. He thought he heard a distant boom, though he couldn’t tell what it was immediately.

He did, however, notice Princess Celestia's head turning. His gaze slid to his right, out the window at a streak of dark bluish gray smoke.

“I told them to not do any of their tests without my presence,” Celestia sighed.

His eyes narrowed as he inhaled sharply, feeling a tingling sensation as if pricked by red hot needles at the base of his skull. “Something's very wrong. I don't know what… but I'm getting the distinct feeling… like superheated needles pricking my skin,” he said slowly, unaware that his eyes were faintly glowing a luminescent bluish lavender.

Celestia and Twilight looked unsure, whilst Skyheart looked concerned. He took a careful, controlled breath. For just an instant, his awareness sharpened abruptly as, to his senses, Moon Dancer had a light ceriseish gray aura blending with a bright, crackling golden yellow aura. Twilight had a pale, light grayish orchid aura blending with a breezy bright pink aura. He glanced at Skyheart for a second, seeing her aura was a rich pale turquoise, though it was blending with a chaotic warm emerald aura. He glanced down at himself, seeing his own aura was a powerful bluish lavender with flickers of warm silver, deep jungle green, pale crimson, and warm golden-amber. He noticed a radiant golden aura and flicked his gaze up for a second, for just an instant seeing Celestia's form wreathed in intense golden flames as he blinked, his vision clearing, unaware that his irises had been a shimmering crimson with lavender-blue edges and a single silver magatama.

'Hmmm, so all but the Blue Gingaman Coin has apparently found a wielder, if my guess is right,’ he thought. He exhaled softly as he half closed his eyes, taking a slow drink of water before setting aside the glass of water. “What exactly are they 'testing’? Is it that shell of whatever I got here in? If so, I'd advise being extremely careful with it, as it's unknown what sorts of energy it could have absorbed… as its likely that anything it could have absorbed could have been either good… or dangerous,” he said quietly before he swung his legs from underneath the blankets, inhaling slowly and deeply.

“I will remember that, my little human,” Celestia's voice was warm as he stood.

Your little human? Sounds a bit possessive,” Thomas quipped, laughing at the slightly flustered reaction from Princess Celestia before she chuckled softly.

“Rather funny how that could be perceived, though it's more endearment than possessive,” she teased.

Twilight closed her mouth as she cocked her head. “For a moment, I thought,” she started.

“If a Princess is seen as I think, it's never wise to intentionally insult one, though I find it extremely refreshing that a Princess would prefer to be close to their subjects,” he said wryly before he winced slightly as he felt a sensation like ice surging up his spine. He saw Celestia's head turn before her eyes widened slightly as he heard crashes from outside.

He darted quickly the window, his eyes widening at the sight of the eight and a half foot tall creature outside.

Author's Note:

What's going to happen now? The action seems to be picking up... the future awaits.

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Here's the vocal colors in question so far.

  • Princess Celestia – goldenrod Speech
  • Rose Quartz Pie— #F64A8A Speech
  • Thomas Oliver — #3f00ff Speech
  • Byakōshinken - #EFDFBB Speech
  • Lyra Heartstrings - #98FB98 Speech
  • Moon Dancer - #ED2939 Speech

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Here's the vocal colors in question so far.

  • Princess Celestia – goldenrod Speech
  • Rose Quartz Pie— #F64A8A Speech
  • Thomas Oliver — #3f00ff Speech
  • Byakōshinken - #EFDFBB Speech
  • Lyra Heartstrings - #98FB98 Speech
  • Moon Dancer - #ED2939 Speech