• Published 29th Sep 2017
  • 4,224 Views, 55 Comments

Redeeming Darkness - 'Displaced' - KukriRyuTsukino



What happens when you go to a convention as one of the most infamous Rangers who actively chose to go dark? How would you redeem his actions... through your own?

  • ...
23
 55
 4,224

Answers and Concerns

Canterlot Hospital - Private Room 261 - Equestria #12571325
“Bakayaro… my head’s pounding worse than the drum set in a Metallica concert,” Thomas groaned as his eyes fluttered open.

“Metallica?” he heard Twilight’s confused voice.

“Heavy metal and rock band, might do some of their music sometime… preferably when my head isn’t pounding like I’m getting run over by a train with my head between the rails,” he said wryly, wincing as he covered his eyes with one hand, noticing an intravenous line out of the corner of his eye. He didn’t see Twilight wince, as trains were the primary mode of transportation for the most part other than flight by pegasi or chariot, the latter of which were reserved primarily for nobles or those favored by nobles. Twilight was of the latter category, but she had never ridden in a pegasus drawn chariot before.

Twilight turned as she heard the door open behind her before she noticed a nurse with a dark gamboge coat, pale amaranth mane, and soft but warm periwinkle eyes and a feathered heart as her Cutie Mark as well as a doctor with a clipboard, a deep cream coat, lavender mane, and chocolate eyes. His Cutie Mark was a dark blue heart with a green grid overlaying it and a rhythm strip forming the pulse of a heart over it. Their names were Nurse Skyheart and Doctor Calmheart, cousins, in fact.

“How’s the patient?” Nurse Skyheart said gently.

“One hell of a headache, mainly,” Thomas deadpanned, wincing.

“Not to mention you were somewhat dehydrated and your magic was rather… low, lower than most Unicorns I’ve seen with magical exhaustion. How did you survive?” Calmheart asked.

“Wait, magic? Only magic I’ve seen, other than Magirangers, whom I doubt exist nor have even been heard of here, would be magicians. As far as I’m aware, I have no magic, period… though… I do have something else,” Thomas said, quite confused. He was oblivious to the fact that it was utterly impossible, as far as the ponies knew, to survive without some amount of magic. He missed the glances that both Skyheart and Calmheart shot Princess Celestia, who looked curious and a bit worried though she hid the latter very well.

––––––♠–––––

He lifted his hand without the intravenous line before focusing as a slow aura of sky blue and silvery light flickered around his fingertips before he shifted his hand a bit, his hand seemingly disappearing into thin air within a misty ring of pale lavender-blue light to the gasps of not only the doctor and nurse, but Twilight and the just arrived Moon Dancer and Princess Celestia as well.

“You can open dimensional pockets?!? That’s extremely advanced magic!! What chant do you use? What seal do you use?” Twilight burst out before she was mildly surprised as he pulled out… a rubber chicken. Her jaw dropped at the utter randomness before Thomas snickered as he lobbed the rubber chicken at her before Moon Dancer snorted and started giggling.

“Honestly? This is the first time I’ve revealed this to anyone, period. I don’t know anything about ‘advanced’ magic or magic in general. I do know that when I found myself in that… shell… or whatever it was… I apparently gained certain gifts, though… I have no idea, frankly, where the heck the wings came from, but the ones I did gain seemed to be aura manipulation, some sonokinetic manipulation, though I have a feeling blocking out rambling questions may be partially practice or an advanced trick which I don’t know yet,” he deadpanned, amused as Twilight blushed and pouted a bit at the ‘rambling questions’ referral, obviously to herself.

“Although I have a strange sense that Byakōshinken sounding like Hugh Jackman may be some ridiculous joke. Makes me almost fear what Yorushikōn may sound like when he talks… if he talks. Hope he doesn’t sound like Michelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which would really be annoying,” he sighed, not noticing the confused looks of everypony.

He blinked at the random tangent his thoughts had drifted, unaware he’d been thinking aloud which also happened to be a odd habit of a certain mulberry pony, who was smirking a bit and trying to keep from giggling.

“Great, another Twilight,” Moon Dancer groaned.

“No, she’s Twilight, I’m Sirius,” Thomas quipped almost immediately. Twilight burst into laughter, as did the nurse and doctor while Princess Celestia chuckled demurely.

“So your middle name is Sirius?” the doctor said with amusement.

“Thomas Sirius Oliver, actually,” Thomas deadpanned, chuckling. “There was a book series that had a character by the name of Sirius Black… he’d always pull that pun, and pardon the pun, but for him, it was like kicking a dead dog… or in his case, a Grim dog, as he had the ability to shift into the form of a large, furry black dog whom most assumed was an ‘omen of death’, which frankly was ridiculous, but that particular world was a bit… how to say this? Illogical and idiotic at times,” he explained.

Twilight smirked before realizing she had done so and blushed slightly, looking away. It seemed Thomas had a logical side to him and a strange, random side to him that was oddly endearing, she mused. She noticed absently that the doctor and nurse were checking little things like his heart rate and blood pressure.

“Is a blood pressure of 77 over 115 normal for you?” Skyheart asked.

“For me, in particular? It’s a bit lower than normal, which is around… 85 over 120, though I’ve always had low to normal blood pressure,” Thomas deadpanned.

“So… this… Byakōshinken and Yorushikōn… what precisely are they?” Princess Celestia asked carefully.

“Bluntly? Swords… well… sentient swords. Thus far, I’ve only interacted and summoned Byakōshinken, who fortunately, seems to be helpful. As for Yorushikōn... no idea. He may be as pleasant as Byakōshinken or as sarcastic as George Carlin or R Lee Early. Between you and me, Early’s overreactions were rather comical,” Thomas said with a small smirk.

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Elsewhere far to the north -- Crystal Cavern | Equestria #PX913Δ
1,000 years before the present…

Suddenly a slender anthromorphic rabbit with creamy fur in black leggings and boots with a burgundy half skirt on her right hip notices a small meteor falling across the sky with a powerful energy signature and runs after where it landed thinking it would make the heart even easier to get with the extra energy, her crystalline pale aquamarine eyes glittering in the dim sunlight. The meteor strikes the ice with a sharp crackling sizzle a little under a third of a mile away, or half a kilometer. The shard, which was a good eighteen feet long and thirteen feet thick yet shaped much like a giant, extremely rough hewn diamond with a blunted, dully glowing emerald tip, shimmered with a malevolent rainbow of onyx, ruby, sapphire, rose, emerald, and dark gold hues.
The rabbit wore a set of deep amethyst gloves that covered all but the ends of her fingers, excluding the pads of her bared fingers, beneath black leather gloves and had a black onyx and blackened leather choker around her neck with a small elliptical blue gemstone hanging from it just above the hollow of her throat.

As she reached the embedded shard, the energy that seemed to hang off it was rather intoxicating. She reached for it almost greedily before, had anyone been around, a brilliant flare of bluish black light that for just an instant, turned the sky from soft hues of orange, gold, and red to harsh hues of dark purple, black, green, and blood red as well as turning the pale gray mountains some distance away a harsh fuschia and the snow a deep pitch black rather than its soft creamy white. It was one of those things that had you blinked, you would have missed it. Even so, in that brief instant, the bunny and the large shard vanished, replaced by a crater several meters deep and around four and a half meters in diameter.

Author's Note:

Who could this 'bunny' be and what part does she play in the future? Hmmm, we'll have to wait and see, won't we? Before I get flames for stealing someone else's character, namely that of Mist_Chaser, this is with her permission to 'give her some backstory' from here.

------- 𝌜𝌐𝌚𝌲𝌡-------

Here's the vocal colors in question so far.

  • Princess Celestia – #E8AC41 Speech
  • Rose Quartz Pie— #F64A8A Speech
  • Thomas Oliver — #3f00ff Speech
  • Byakōshinken - #EFDFBB Speech
  • Lyra Heartstrings - #98FB98 Speech
  • Moon Dancer - #ED2939 Speech
  • Clearheart - Dark Goldenrod Speech
  • Skyheart - Slate Blue

The Coins he possesses currently are as follows -

  1. Zyuranger Red - Tyranno/Mighty Morphin Red
  2. Dairanger Red - Ryuuranger
  3. Dairanger Green - Shishiranger
  4. Zyuranger Green - Dragonranger/Mighty Morphin Green
  5. Dairanger White - Kibaranger/Mighty Morphin White
  6. Kurākami Zen - Zen-Aku
  7. Gingaman Red - Lost Galaxy Red