• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 693 Views, 3 Comments

People say I'm the life of the party because I tell a joke or two - Randy11201



Straight out from camp, now these marines will put all their blood, sweat, and their training to their test.

  • ...
 3
 693

Arrival

Four days. Day four, today is the day we arrived. Today is the day we go up against the hun. For these days on the ship, I keep looking at the photo of you(Sunset) whenever I had the time. Everyone in the school once said that we are a couple that can't be seperated, even Pinkie once said that we are just like honey or caramel. And every time I look at the photo, I keep thinking the old memories that we met for the first time, becoming friends, confessing my feelings to you, our first date and kiss. Now, I'm going to a place a thousand miles away from home into a dangerously unknown place, I just hope and pray that the war would able to end faster and I could survive in one piece so I can come back home and see your pretty face and your cute smile. Wait for me Sunset, be safe.


"Hey Allison!" A marine calls out. "Hey Allison!"

"What the fuck do you want?!" He says as he rolled over on his bed and gets up. Ally jumps down the bed and stretches his body before looking at the marine who wake him up.

Day four, it's been three days since the marines are staying on the ship. Today, is the day. Today is the day they will be send into Rainbow beach, the stationed area of the marines in Tryscal, it's been two months since the war broke up and seems like the marines haven't pushed over from the beach except been stopped in the jungle conducting S&D operations everyday. For these days, everyone in the ship is like having a honeymoon, but the moment when they leave the ship and step their foot on Rainbow beach, they will no longer be in honeymoon.

"What do want from me?" Ally asked.

"Just trying to wake you up." The marine replied. "Jeez, are you on hangover or something?"

"Nah I'm cool, I just feeled a little exausted for some reason."

"By the way, you better get dressed up because it's been 10 minutes since everyone wake up and your the only still lying down on the bed with your eyes closed. And if I don't wake you up, you will probably slept until noon."

"Aye." Ally sighed. "Give me some privacy will ya? I'll be out in a minute or so."

"Two minutes, max!" The marine says before walking out from the quaters.

He puts on and buckles his trousers. He then take a pair of socks and put in on his feet. Ally then take his boots and put it on. After tying it, he blouses both of his boots and stand up before leaving his quarters.

"Cmon, let's get to the mess hall." The marine walks towards the direction of the mess hall.


As both of them step in the mess hall, the entire mess hall is full with all personnel from marines, hangar crew and pilots sitting down and talking to each other. Ally soon found the place where Bleeze and Anon sits and walks towards to them.

"Hey wassup?" He takes a seat next to Anon who is eating his breakfast.

"I see your awake." Bleeze takes a sip of water from his cup. "Go get some food, we got a few hours before departure."

"Nah man, I'm not hungry. I feel kinda weird."

"Seriously." Bleeze said. "Go get some food, God who knows that we would get sent on a mission after we arrived. You do not want to ended up fainting while patrolling."

"Your right." Ally suddenly snatches an apple on Bleeze's tray and take a bite. "Thanks!"

"Dude what the fu..." He stammered.

"Thanks, see ya niggas later."


Some Time later

Hours passed, now everyone is in their quarters packing up their rucksacks. For them, some feel excited because they re about to embark on a journey and adventure. But for some, they were nervous because there's a chance that they would never come back. And there's Ally, wearing his standard BDU packing up his stuff while humming "Blood upon the risers." "gory gory what a helluva to die" he hums as he packs up his stuff.

"Shit, not sure what happens next?" Anon said while packing his rucksack.

"Dude, your a combat correspondent." Bleeze said zipping his pack " you are a pog dammit, you sit your ass down in the office writing news articles."

"Yeah, we get all the fun." Ally said carrying his pack standing Infront of the door. "Until we get shot and never respawn back. Hahaha."

"Man, you psycho or what?" Bleeze asked in a creep out tone.

Suddenly a marine outside the quarters opened his mouth and said catching everyone's attention. "Geez, you people still in there? We gotta muster at the well deck at 5, get out of there ok?" He said as he walks away.

"Cmon guys, let's just get to the well deck or we are late." A marine said before walking out from the quarters.

Soon, everyone leave their quarters and make their way down to the well deck. Passing by the hangar deck and sailors who are walking around in the ship. Finally, the group reach the well deck. The well deck is where all the amphibious assault operations happened, in there, amphibious assault vehicles are checked and repair by engineers so they are always in good shape and battle-ready. The group approaches the deck officer who is standing at the well deck commanding the sailors and officers. Bleeze salutes to the officer and says "sir, third platoon reporting for duty."

"Thrid platoon." The deck officer puts down his hand and points at one of the AAV parked in the well. "You see that car over there?"

"Yes sir." Bleeze replied.

"That's your ride over there, Now get there before it leaves double time!"

The group ran towards the AAV commander and reported to him.

"Sir, third platoon reporting!" Ally said getting the commander's attention.

"Okay,Third platoon."The commander looks at them "well, get in there, we got a war to fight."

"Yes sir!"

The group unloaded their stuff and placed it in the compartment space of the AAV. Later, they went inside the AAV and sits down. The marines fastened themselves up and wait.

Minutes have passed and finally the ramp of the AAV closes. Later, the ramp of the well deck opens, flooding the lower part of the well deck. With the other AAVs out, the AAV that carrying the group finally left the flooded well deck. Inside the AAV is quiet, nobody said a word, they just sit down there waiting, some fell asleep, some staring at each other and some praying. It's feels weird, like something that happened 70 decades ago, just like landing on Omaha beach or the island of Iwo Jima. Minutes passed as the AAV set sail towards the beach, the driver suddenly yells out. "30 seconds people, get ready!"

"Copy that." Ally takes his rucksack from the storage compartment and holds it.

http.

An Arnold Kopelson production of an Oliver Stone film

Starting
Tom Berenger
Charlie Sheen
Willem Dafoe
Hahaha just kidding!

The AAV finally lands at Rainbow beach and coasts to a stop, the ramp opens up onto the wet sand on the beach. The marines step off the back of the AAV and unload their rucksacks, looking around the beach that is filled with other AAVs, landing crafts and personnel working on the beach.

"This place used to be nice once." Anon said in a cold tone while holding his rucksack standing beside the AAV.

"That's why we are here." Bleeze taps Anon's shoulder "Let's go!"

"A sergeant approaches the marines and said "Alright people, welcome Tryscal, follow me!"

As they move out, a group of veterans pass by them. The veterans looked diffrent than the rookies that just arrived on the beach, they still wear a standard BDU or combat shirt, some wear a Boonie hat or field cap and some of them wear a pair of shades. The diffrence between them is, the way they wear their uniform looks sloppy, they got dirt on their faces and some of them even have a little blood stained on their uniforms and hands compare to the new and clean uniforms that the rookies wear.

"Hot and dipped in shit!" One of them said in a mocking tone.

"New meat, you gonna love the place for-fucking-ever!" Another marine said.

"Six to five and a wake up, ol Lord!"

"Xin loi my friend, Xin loi."

Behind the the group of veterans is a marine, a wounded marine. He wears a teared uniform, he has bandages wrapping around his head and a blood stained bandage wrapping around his left arm. Instead of saying anything, he just stares at the rookies in a wreid way. Ally turns his head and takes a look at the wounded marine, he was shocked at what he just saw. The marine's eyes, opened wide and hollow, just starred at him as he walks by, probably trying to tell him that something bad is about to happen. Ally sighs as he turns his head around, he adjust his field cap as he countinue to walk with the others.

They continue to walk, suddenly a truck passes by them, the cargo on the trucks carried are no supplies, there are body bags, lots of them and the smell is nasty and unbearable. Everyone covered their nose and mouth as the truck passes by them except the sergeant who is leading them. Smelling the stench, Anon immediately rushes out from the group while closing his mouth. He ran towards a trash can and started puke into it.

"Shit, thank god I just ate an apple." Ally thinks as Anon, who just puked into the trash can, walk back towards the group while rubbing his stomach and raise his glasses back on.

Finally, the group stops outside a camp. The sergeant turns around and said " Now I want you people to get in there, the major will brief you about the situation here and what you need to do."

Author's Note:

The arriving scene is a reference to this movie opening which ends until 2:23

Comments ( 1 )

When the next chapter

Login or register to comment