• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 691 Views, 3 Comments

People say I'm the life of the party because I tell a joke or two - Randy11201



Straight out from camp, now these marines will put all their blood, sweat, and their training to their test.

  • ...
 3
 691

Anchors Aweigh

Pearl Harbor, this is where everything began 7 decades ago. Now 7 decades later, history once again repeats itself. Let us embark on a great journey. Greater than any seen before. I feel like I was one of those heroes that I’ve heard from stories that dad once told me or from history class who stand up for our country, fighting for our freedom against the Nazi tyranny and communist ideals, and for the American Dream.


The marines took a bus trip from the air base to the naval base. The base was big, with boats docking all the time. Everyone was surprised by the sight of boats you only see in movies for real. It was a once in a lifetime chance. It was exciting to see lots of ships from the biggest aircraft carriers, from destroyers, to amphibious assault ships, to troop transport and supply ships. Unbeknownst to them, they were about to set sail on a journey with one of those ships.

"Is that the new Zumwalt class destroyer?" Anon said suddenly pointing at the ship outside the bus window.

"Yep, the DDG-1000. State of the art stealth system." Ally continued "Revolutionary designed hull designed to block all radar signal, AEGIES air defense system, Tomahawk launchers, rail guns. Damn thing’s built like a fucking spaceship from a sci-fi movie."

"You do know your stuff." Bleeze said.

"Well thank you."

The marines left the bus and headed to the briefing room where they were briefed by an officer. After being briefed, instead of watching another movie, they were ordered to sit down and wait until they were ordered to board the ship.

"Man, waiting again?" Ally said. "Hope it’s not long, and they didn’t even play any movies."

"Even better Allison, I don't wanna get disturbed." Bleeze said as he closes his eyes trying to get some sleep.

a few moments later

"Alright listen up." A officer walked into the briefing room and said. "Grab your stuff because we are leaving, understand?!"

"YES SIR!!" everyone in the room replied.

The marines stood up, grabbed their rucksack, and left the room.
"Finally, for god sake!" Anon stretches his body and takes his rucksack.
As the marines walked out from the briefing room, the first thing that greeted them was the typical sunny weather of Hawaii and the song of the US navy basically known as Anchors Aweigh.
http.

As they continue their way up to the stairs directly to the ship, two girls dressed in traditional Hawaiian outfits handed a flower necklace to each one of them.

"Thank you, have a save trip." The girl said as he handed a marine a flower necklace.
As Ally stepped onto the stairs, a girl handed him a flower necklace and said. "Thank you, have a save trip."

He smiled back and replied. "You too." Before stepping onto the ship.
The ship that they are now aboard is the USS Essex LHD-2. One of the Wasp class amphibious assault ships. Commissioned in 1992, it is one of the ship from the 3th fleet that transport the marine task force during invasion of Tryscal. Accompanying the Essex weretwo Arleigh Burke class destroyer, two Ticonderoga class missile cruiser, a supply ship and a San Antonio class amphibious transport dock. With everything completed, the crew of the ship lifts up the ship's anchor. Guided by two tug boats, the ships finally left Pearl Harbor, setting sail towards Tryscal.
Meanwhile, everyone is standing in the hangar deck chit-chatting with each other. But they were cut off when an officer came onto the hangar deck.

"Listen up! All of you fall in right now!" The officer said through a microphone catching everyone's attention. The marines in the ship quickly walk towards the officer.

"Take a seat gentlemen." The officer said motioning them to sit down. The marines put down their stuff and sat down on the ground. "Now, I assume you all know why you’re here?" He asked.

"YES SIR!!" everyone said.

"Now listen, to all of you new faces here, I'm major Farrier. I'm in charge of the marine garrison aboard this ship. And your job aboard this ship is simple, you will obey all orders until we reach our destination. Understand?!”

"YES SIR!!"

"Very well, we are now on a mission. A mission to crusade and liberate the locals of Tryscal from their misery. But thi will not be easy, because a thousand miles from here, King Sombra has almost a million soldiers that are loyal to him. Chances are, they’re willing to even sacrifice their lives for him. We have only a handful of marines stationed, so this is why you are here. I know it will be hard for you because most of you sitting here are fresh out of college and university and even high school, and now you are sitting here waiting to go into somewhere unknown that will get you killed, but remember, these guys are nothing compared to what your fathers faced. They might be crazy but they are not as crazy as you think. What we faced was way crazier. From the krauts during Bellue wood, to Tojo's army during the pacific, holding on waves and waves of Chinese during Korea, standing our ground during Khe Sanh to recapturing Hue city from thousands of determined NVA soldiers. Fast forward to these days, we took on Saddam's army during Iraq, capturing Fallujah from determined insurgents and against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Your may be new here, and your job might not be easy, but I have faith in you. Let's show these asshole's what a marine can do. We’ll show them that it was wrong to mess with us.. Semper Fidels, thank you."The entire hangar deck was filled with a thunderous applause as the commander finished his speech. Everyone clapped and cheered to the commander.

"It will take 4 days to reach Tryscal." The commander said. "So we’re going to send you to your quarters now. Make yourselves at home.”

Author's Note:

Point out any mistakes you found and I'll see you next time, peace out