• Published 20th Sep 2017
  • 1,393 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Haunted - Israel Yabuki



Canterlot ain't always peaceful. True most enemies were magic-crazed maniacs, but some of them are far more villainous and sometimes peaceful... even in the afterlife

  • ...
2
 18
 1,393

Checking Into The 666 Inn (Part 1)

Author's Note:

Apologies for the long wait, but I finally managed to get this chapter done and as requested by my dear friend, EvAn Ze Geek, his character has been added to my story. I've also added agreed to have his OC be married to his awesome wife, Rainbow Dash. So, here you go, I hope you all enjoy this and what ever comes next into the story, brony on everypony!

A few weeks have passed since the Canterlot City Paranormal Research Society had cleansed out the demon that roamed Swift Blade's house. The team had taken a well-deserved break, resting up at home and lounging around for a little bit until they had to go and restock their food supplies. Twilight's dog, Spike, was running a bit low on dog food, so she went and got him a big bag of his favorite flavor of dog food. However, it was Sunset's and Anon's turn to restock the pantry, refrigerator and in the freezer.

It felt good that the team would get a well-deserved break after a hard-fought case. Though sometimes they would want to get back out there and take on more paranormal cases. Despite Canterlot City being huge, there are less house haunting cases to solve.

Sunset, Twilight and Anon were lucky to get two house haunting cases in a single month. But after that, no one seemed to have problems at home. With the team now focused on their part-time jobs, it was almost easy to forget about what their true calling was. But then, one day, their waiting was pretty much gonna end soon when they hear the phone in the living room ringing.

Twilight was closest to the phone, so she answered it first. "This is the Canterlot City Paranormal Research Society, Twilight Sparkle speaking," she said. She carried on a conversation with their client and nodded, asking questions like "what seems to be the problem?" "are you hurt?" and "where are you?"

But just when she was about to end the call, she gasped and got all worried. "N-No, I'm fine. Just give us the directions of where you want us to meet and we'll be there!" she said, trying to stay calm, "Okay, we'll see you there and goodbye, sir." After that, Twilight hung up the phone and looked at Sunset, feeling more worried than she did before. "I've bad news. This is a real emergency."

"What's wrong, Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"Our client, Blazing Waters, said that his wife, Rainbow Dash was went into this abandoned inn and he ended up losing sight of where Dash went. He only caught a glimpse of her when he turned a corner and heard her screaming as she was being dragged to the top floor. He tried to go up and save her, but something had pushed him back down the stairs and tossed him out. Blazing also told me that he was trying to get back inside the inn, but some powerful force blew him away from the front door," Twilight explained, shaking.

"Wait, Rainbow Dash was taken! Oh no, we gotta get her out of there! Which hotel was it?" Sunset asked.

"Canterlot Paradise Inn! It shut down years ago. Come on, we have to hurry if we're gonna save Rainbow Dash, so Anon, get the van started!" Twilight ordered. Anon still had a couple of questions, but he set them aside and just did what Twilight told him to do.
Anon ran outside of the house with his keys in hand and pressed the unlock button. The van beeped two times as soon as Anon reached the back doors and opened them wide. Afterwards, the girls all came out with some of the equipment in hand and placed it in the back of the van. Anon took this time to run into the house and grab the rest of the stuff.

He headed over to the spare room where only a couple of thermal cameras and EVP recorders were all that were left. He quickly grabbed the stuff and headed out of the room and went straight towards the front door, exiting the house. Twilight ran up to the door and locked it up. Anon put the rest of the equipment inside the van and ran over to the driver’s side of the van and hopped inside.

Sunny and Twilight hopped inside as well and closed the door. The team put their seatbelts on and waited for Anon to start the engine. He put the keys in the ignition spot and started up the engine before the team took off.

Due to the dangers of this particular case, Twilight had to let Spike stay at home so he can be safe from harm. The whole drive there, Anon grew curious about their latest client and why they never spoke about their client to him.

“I can understand why Rainbow Dash is in danger, but who’s Blazing Waters?” Anon asked.

“Oh right! Sorry, we forgot to tell you. Blazing’s one of the most popular Twitch streamers in the entire community. He’s pretty popular among most people here in the city of Canterlot alone. He’s also a popular YouTuber,” Twilight explained.

“And what was Rainbow Dash doing in that abandoned hotel?” Anon asked again.

“She was vlogging herself exploring the place just for the amusement of her own fans. But when Rainbow Dash roamed too deep inside of the hotel, she got pulled into the darkness. All Blazing could find was her video camera that she dropped when she was taken away. Now, Blazing has contacted us to get Rainbow out of there safely,” Twilight finishes explaining.

“Which is easier said than done, since the hotel she wandered into was the Canterlot City Paradise Inn, which was anything but a paradise,” Sunset added.

Anon was curious of why the hotel wasn’t a paradise. Twilight looked up the hotel on her cell phone and as it turns out, the hotel in question was owned and run by a single individual who went by the name of Eternal Riches, a former rival of Filthy Rich. The hotel had received a lot of bad reviews due to the lousy management and how uncomfortable the beds felt. The guests who stayed at this hotel told the owner to do something about this, but were always told the same thing: deal with it, no refunds!

This led to some serious lawsuits and charges filed against Eternal Riches, causing him to go bankrupt and lose the hotel within a matter of a month after it was opened.

But there was another thing that shocked the group. Twilight read that the owner went into a fir of rage after going broke and went on a murder spree, following people who stayed at his hotel to their home, drugging them and taking them back to the shut down hotel. There, he tortured every single one of the guests until he was caught attempting to murder his 10th victim. The survivor was rescued while the S.W.A.T team fired multiple shots at Eternal Riches, killing him on the spot.

To this day, the hotel has been shut down for almost 3 years now and has been deemed unsafe and off-limits to the public.

After Twilight finished reading the page on her phone, Sunset felt like she was gonna be sick while Anon felt his rage coursing through his body. But he held it in check and continued driving until they reached the infamous Canterlot City Paradise Inn. Standing outside of the hotel was a man in a dark blue hoodie and dark brown pants.

He had yellow skin, red eyes and navy blue jeans. His hoodie had a picture of a blue flame sewed on the front. Twilight and Sunset recognized him as the ever famous Twitch streamer Blazing Waters.

Once Anon pulled up on the curb, everyone unbuckled their seat belts and opened up the doors, stepping out of the van. Twilight and Sunset ran up to Blazing Waters and shook hands with him and introduced themselves to him. Anon walked to the back of the van and got out some of the equipment, taking some in each of his arms.

While Sunset and Twilight kept chatting up a storm with Blazing, Anon was already setting up base inside the hotel in the lobby, which was an easy two steps from the exit.

“It’s all my fault she’s lost in there,” Blazing said, feelin guilty. “If I had been there a lot sooner, she wouldn’t have gotten taken by the ghosts. What kind of a husband am I?” he asked, placing his hands on the sides of his head.

“You and Rainbow didn’t know it was gonna be haunted. Look, we’re here now, so we’ll do our best to help get Rainbow out of there,” Sunset replied.

“Is there any way I can help you? I want to get Rainbow Dash out of there, too,” he asked. Sunset and Twilight looked at each other and back to Blazing Waters. Never in their whole career has a client been wanting to help with their investigation. “Please, I can’t leave her in that hell hole all by herself!”

“Well, you’d have to ask Anon about that. He calls most of the shots during the investigation,” Twilight said.

“Speaking of which…” Sunset added, watching Anon take the equipment out of the van and into the hotel. “...I think we’d better hurry up and help him first.” Right away, Twilight, Sunset and Blazing Waters helped set up a base camp in the lobby of the hotel after getting the rest of the equipment from the van.

“Better late than never, I suppose,” Anon said, scanning the interior of the abandoned hotel.

“Sorry about that, Anon. We didn’t mean to keep you waiting,” Twilight said, feeling guilty. Anon waved his hand like it’s no big deal.

“Forget about it. Now, as for you, Blazing, since you’re so eager to help, watch over the monitors while we set up the cameras,” Anon said.

“Here, you can use this walkie-talkie to communicate with us just in case you see anything that might try to get to you. Or if there’s anything that’s near us and you see it on the monitors, go ahead and tell us and we’ll check it out,” Sunset said, making Blazing nod.

“Let’s go!” Anon said. The girls nodded and split up in different directions while Blazing Waters sat in the lobby, watching over all the monitors and constantly glancing at the exit.


Some time afterwards, the group had all the cameras set up, complete with night vision to be able to detect whatever roams the the hotel in the night. The monitors displayed the live images coming from each of the cameras. There was still daylight outside of the hotel, so there was still time to look for Rainbow Dash before the activity would pick up.

“Blazing, Sunset, search all the 2nd and 3rd floors of the hotel and make sure you stick together or you’ll get taken away like Rainbow Dash did,” Anon said. “Twilight, watch the monitors while I go down into the basement.”

“Okay, but be careful down there,” Twilight implied. Anon nodded and carried a camera that was strapped to his head, an EMF detector in one hand and a digital recorder in his other hand. He proceeded to head off past one of the open doorways and turned to the left, disappearing from Twilight’s vision. Sunset and Blazing walked upstairs to the 2nd floor and investigated.

Up on the 2nd floor of the hotel, Sunset and Blazing come across two paths that lead to two different hallways. Sunset and Blazing look in opposite directions before they came to a conclusion about their situation.

“If we’re gonna cover more ground, we’ll have to split up. You take the left side, I’ll take the right side and we’ll meet up so we can search the 3rd floor. Sound good?” Sunset asked.

“As long as we’ll be able to rescue Rainbow Dash, I’m all for it,” Blazing agreed.

“Good, come on,” Sunset ordered. As she ordered, Blazing checked the left hallway while she went around searching the right hallway. As far as they could see, the hallways all had doors leading to multiple room, about 30 in total in each hallway. While Sunset roamed around the entire right hallway, something didn’t seem quite right.

She started getting chills with each step she took. It’s like the closer she reached the end of the hallway, it grew colder. She couldn’t help but feel like someone or something was watching her. The only problem is that no one was around her physically.

To make sure she wasn’t hallucinating, Sunset checked her surrounding. She even checked behind her and thankfully, no one was following her, but it didn’t matter because she still felt like she was compromised. In order to calm herself down, she took a few deep breaths and pressed on to see if she can get anything from the 2nd floor hallway.

But then, without warning, she heard the sound of a little girl laughing. She jumped a bit from getting surprised like that. At that moment, Sunset got out her digital recorder and began her EVP session.

“Hello? Is anyone there? If you can hear me, say something!” She called out. There was nothing but silence, but she still kept her recorder on. Her entire body was shaking and her heartbeat was rapidly increasing. “Okay, okay. Easy, Sunset. You’ve done this before, there’s no reason to be afraid. Think about white, sandy beaches.” And so, she took deep breaths which made her fear leave her for the moment.

Now that she was calm, she stopped her digital recorder and pressed play on it. She listened in on the EVP to hear exactly what she captured.

Hello? Is anyone there? If you can hear me, say something!

... … …

Mommy… … … help me

Sunset’s stomach dropped as she backed up against the wall when she captured the shocking EVP of a cry for help.

Not long after hearing the EVP, something catches her eye. She looks up at the end of the right hallway and sees a little girl in a cute, white dress, holding a teddy bear.

No one was supposed to be here, except for Sunset and her team, as well as Blazing Waters. Sunset approached the little girl all casual-like, but when she was only 32 feet away from her, she turned to the corner and ran off, as if something scared her off. Sunset ran up and made a left turn, only to bump into Blazing and fall onto the ground.

“Nngh! Ow, that hurt,” Sunset groaned.

“Sorry about that, are you okay?” Blazing asked.

“I’m fine. Did you find anything on your end, Blazing?”

“More like someone… or something… found me on my end. Listen to this,” Blazing plays the digital recorder he had in his hand.

Is anyone here with me? Do you know where Rainbow Dash is?

“... … …”

Don’t be afraid, I’m not here to harm any good spirits that might be lurking here. All I ask for is a sign that you’re here.

“... Get out! …”

“What the hell was that?” Sunset asked.

“I don’t know, but I get the strange feeling someone doesn’t want us around,” Blazing replied. As if they weren’t scared enough already, their walkie-talkies go off from Twilight’s voice.

Sunset? Blazing? Come in, is everything alright on your end?” Twilight asked through the walkie talkies. Startled a bit, they jumped, but then Sunset reached for her walkie talkie and replied to her.

“It’s hard to say fo sure, Twilight. Blazing and I have already covered up both sides of the 2nd floor hallway and picked up two EVPs. Do you want us to check the 3rd floor hallway, or do you want us to head back to base so you can take a look at the EVPs?” Sunset asked.

Head back to base. I want to see what you guys found,” Twilight replied.

“Okay, heading back to base now. Come on, Blazing,” Sunset said, turning to look at Blazing. He nods and follows Sunset down the hallway and back down the stairs. They notice Twilight was still sitting in her chair, watching over the monitors. Sunset and Blazing walk up to the lavender bookworm.

“So, what’s the scoop on the EVPs you found?” Twilight asked with her eyes glued to the monitor, watching Anon explore the bowels of the abandoned hotel through his head cam.

“We’ve captured the EVPs of two distinct voices. The one I caught on my end sounded like a little girl crying for her mommy. Do you think it’s possible that the owner might have killed a little girl in this hotel?” Sunset asked.

“It’s very possible. And what about you, Blazing?” Twilight asked, taking her attention away from the monitors for a bit.

“Y-You’re not gonna like what I captured. This one was a bit more threatening than Sunset’s. This one was very deep and menacing. It sounded like it was a man and it told me to get out. It scared the shit out of me, that’s for sure,” Blazing explained.

“This might sound like a hunch, but I’m fairly sure that this is probably the deceased owner of this place,” Twilight said, before turning to the screens. “Anon, anything on your end?” she asked through the walkie talkie.

Shh, yes. I can hear screaming,” Anon replied on the other end. Twilight raised the volume up a little bit to hear who might be screaming. Blazing felt like his heart sank when he heard a familiar voice screaming at the top of their lungs. “It doesn’t sound like a spirit. I’m about to reach the inside of the basement.

“Guys… that was… that was…” Blazing couldn’t finish his sentence, but he knew all too well who was screaming on Anon’s end.

“That was who, Blazing? Was it Rainbow?” Sunset asks, looking at him. He nodded nervously and obviously concerned about her safety. “Okay, just… just don’t panic, Anon’s going to go and find her and bring her back. We just gotta have faith.”

But then, out of the blue, Twilight screamed when a ghost made itself known by screeching and charging at Anon with its mouth gaping wide open. The ghost had no pupils, only white voids that seemed empty. Sunset gasped and backed away from the screen as Anon started grunting. He tried his hardest to push the ghost off of him.

All the girls could and Blazing could do nothing except watch in horror. They couldn’t do a thing to help their friend, same with Blazing. Then, in a last ditch effort to put a stop to this hostile human spirit, Anon pulled out his cross from his pocket and placed it over the ghost’s forehead. Anon chanted a quiet prayer, but it only made the ghost screech in pain and agony before it disappeared from everyone’s vision.

Twilight immediately reached for her walkie-talkie. “Anon, are you okay?”

Yeah, just a little shaken up. I should be fine, but holy crap that scared the hell out of me! I think I’m getting closer to where Rainbow Dash is located,” he said over the mic as he was continuing to follow the sounds of the screams. “Twilight, bring Blazing down here. And Sunset, you stay and watch me over the monitors in case you spot any danger.

“10-4, Anon. Alright, you both heard the man, head down the basement. And hurry, there’s not much time!” Sunset said.

Twilight and Blazing both ran off straight into the basement. Sunset used the monitors to check up on whether they were heading in the right direction. But then, out of the corner of her eye, in Anon’s head cam, she sees something almost that didn’t seem human crawling on the walls. She panicked and got out her walkie-talkie.

“Anon, watch out! I saw something crawling on the wall. Something big and… almost human shaped, but it didn’t look human!” Sunset warned.

Wait, seriously? Are you sure, Sunset?” Anon asked.

“I’m positive. Watch out, you’re not alone.”

10-4. I’ll keep a close eye out for whatev- WHAT THE HELL?!” Anon jumped when his camera and him find Rainbow Dash sitting against a wall, groaning in pain. Her clothes looked like she had been slashed at with what looked like claws. “Twilight, Blazing, I found Rainbow Dash! Get down here quick so we can get her out of here!

We’re on our way, Anon. Stay where you are,” Twilight called through her walkie-talkie.

Anon, put Rainbow on the line, I want to know if she’s alright,” Blazing said.

Okay, I’m putting her on the line right now. Rainbow, stay with me. Blazing wants to talk to you and he wants to know if you’re alright,” Anon shook Rainbow.

P-Please… help me! Get me outta here, please, Blazing,” she begged.

Blazing and Twilight picked up their usual pace and bolted down until they reached the deepest part of the basement where Anon and Rainbow Dash were. “Dashie! Dashie, I’m here!” Blazing said, picking her up bridal style.

Now that she was back in her husband’s arms, the trickiest part for the group was to get out of there as quick as they can.

“Blazing, you stay in the middle and we’ll make sure to ward off whatever demons try to sto- WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” Anon shouted, being dragged away from the group and off to the far corner of the basement away from the others.

“ANON!!!” Twilight shouted in fear. Blazing watched in horror as he was being held up against the wall and then looked like he was vanishing through an endless black void. Twilight went to go save him, but…

“N-NO!!! GET THEM OUT OF HERE, DON’T WORRY ABOUT ME! GET BLAZING AND RAINBOW OUT OF HEEEEEERRRRREEEE!!!!!” he yelled before he disappeared into the black void and only silence filled the room.

What could have happened to their friend and will he still be alive? They can only hope he’s okay, otherwise this’ll turn ugly.

Comments ( 5 )
Comment posted by MysticalMine deleted Oct 29th, 2018

Yikes... Anon is gonna end up dead at this rate...

Are we going to see a new chapter soon?

Login or register to comment