• Published 20th Sep 2017
  • 1,393 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Haunted - Israel Yabuki



Canterlot ain't always peaceful. True most enemies were magic-crazed maniacs, but some of them are far more villainous and sometimes peaceful... even in the afterlife

  • ...
2
 18
 1,393

Where Demons Dwell (Part 3)

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. I know it's a bit rushed and I welcome the contructive critisism, but if you liked it, I'll be sure to upload more chapter, so thanks for your patience and support and remember to stay tuned for more chapters to come and remember to keep bronying on.

The hours went by slower than usual after Dusky Novel and Faded Moon were found in the hidden room underneath the basement which was sealed away behind the 2nd floor closet. Anon had been stripped of most of his energy after he had held off the demon. During the hours of waiting, he decided to take a nap while Sunset and Twilight kept watch of the girls until their friend arrived.

The group all had to take shifts in watching Dusky and Faded in order to prevent them from disappearing on them again like last time when it was only Anon and Swift searching. Swift Blade was sitting on the couch with his sister resting on his shoulder and had blankets covering her up. But Dusky was wide awake, holding a necklace with a cross in her hand while she was drinking tea. The necklace made her feel a bit more at ease and gave her a little bit of protection from the evil entity in the house.

At around 7:30 P.M, night time had come around a bit quicker than usual and at that moment, Anon had woken up from his little nap with all of his strength returning to him. Sunset was watching over the monitors while Twilight was keeping an eye on Dusky and Faded. All that went on in the house was the sound of heavy footsteps coming from the second floor. But thankfully that was all that happened for the time being until there was a knock on the door, making everyone almost jump out of their skins.

Swift got off the couch and made his way to the door and opened it. Behind it was a man with light blue skin with brown eyes and dark blue hair with a yellow lightning stripe. He was wearing a robe that looked like it belonged to a church. His robe was golden yellow and in the middle was a white cross. He also looked a bit young, probably in his mid twenties. The paranormal group recognized him from the other previous exorcism cases he helped them in.

"Hi there. I'm Father Thunder Rider. But you can just call me Thunder. I got a call from Anon saying that there's a demonic presence in this house." Thunder says.

"He's not lying. Here, come on in." Swift says, moving to the side. Thunder Rider walked in and immediately felt the heavy atmosphere around him. Swift closed the door and locked it.

"I can definitely feel something negative in this house. I can barely breathe in here. But nevertheless, I'll make sure to get rid of this dark entity in the best way I can." Thunder reassured. Swift felt the heaviness fall off his heart that Thunder was gonna drive away the demon. But at the same time, he was worried about whether or not he was strong enough to stop it.

First, Thunder took out some holy water out of his pocket and held a cross out in front of him, chanting a prayer, blessing each part of the first floor. 5 minutes into the cleansing, the activity began to pick up and the whole house felt like it was closing in on everyone.

Nevertheless, Thunder Rider kept repeating the prayers with the cross held out in front of him and sprinkling every inch of the house with holy water. Anon was sort of like his 2nd hand man just in case things got a little too tense or overwhelming. When the 1st floor was all done, they made their way upstairs to the 2nd floor where the guest room and Faded's room was and right away, the atmosphere got thicker around them.

Twilight was feeling a bit winded and leaned against the wall. Spike also felt winded and leaned against Twilight's feet, panting rapidly from the demon's pressurizing power. Twilight picked up Spike and held him in her arms, petting him on the head gently. Sunset was feeling winded herself. She coughed violently, kneeling down with her hand on her stomach. Anon stopped and kneeled down to help Sunset back up.

He lifts her up and gives her the cross he had in his pocket. Sunset's breathing slowly returns to normal and her panting becomes less frequent. Anon gives her a reassuring smile, ignoring the demon as it now puts pressure onto him to prevent him from foiling his plans. But thanks to his past experiences with dealing with the intense and breath-taking pressure from other demonic cases, the pressure was semi-easy for him to brush off, so he kept standing strong and moved forward.

Of course, seeing his determination gave Twilight and Sunset some courage of their own, so they both stood firmly, trying their hardest to ignore the pressure. As this was happening, Thunder Rider walked into the guest room and did his usual routine, sprinkling holy water in each area and chanting his prayers with the cross held out in front, causing any negative energy to leave the room.

With the guest room now fully cleansed and rid of any evil, there were only two rooms left in the house to cleanse, Faded's room and the hidden basement behind the closet wall. The entire team followed Thunder as he walked into Faded's room and performed his usual blessing. Though, it was harder to perform the blessing as the demon was soon being backed into a farther corner. The air was getting more intense and the gravity felt like it was weighing down on the group, they could barely stand still.

Thunder held on strong and kept chanting his prayers. The demon persisted and kept trying to fight back, but its efforts were all for naught. The demon soon retreated to the last place that no one felt comfortable going in, the only other place in the house Thunder doesn't know about. Or so the others thought.

"Anon, regarding your phone call earlier. I did a little research about this house and found out something that might be even more disturbing than you think." Thunder said.

"Like what?" Anon asked.

"This house that we're standing in wasn't built until 30 years ago. Before that, this use to be secluded torture chamber for dozens of kidnapped young children. Although, torture chamber doesn't exactly describe it completely accurately, it was leaning more towards Hell itself. Dozens of children were tortured by a sadistic man who thrived on hearing the sounds of children screaming. Many children who were killed in that place either had their faces carved with smiles and even had their limbs removed and were left to bleed and rot, it's so disgusting, it even makes me want to hurl right now." he explains.

Hearing this news made Sunset and Twilight cover their mouth as they gasped in shock.

"B-But why? Why would he do something as inhuman as that?" Twilight asked, shaking.

"More importantly, why would such an asshole have existed?" Sunset asked.

"As it turns out, the owner, more commonly known by real name Blood Lust, was known to have a high grudge against the kids just because he thought there were too many lurking around in his quiet neighborhood. So I'm sure his selfish ambition gave him what he wanted. But he bit off more than he could chew when one child managed to escape from his cold clutches and even tore him limb from limb, putting an end to Blood Lust's terror once and for all. But the lone child moved away to another town, never to be seen or heard from ever again, but just because ol' Blood Lust kicked the bucket, his evil spirit still remains." Thunder explained.

"Damn, it's a good thing all that karma finally got him big time." Anon said, folding his arms.

"Thunder, I think you should know that we actually found out the torture chamber." Twilight said.

"Really, I thought they already tore the place down years ago." Thunder said.

"No, we actually found out that the closet up here had a weak plastered layer that sealed away a hidden staircase down to the basement. There were boxes scattered everywhere down in the basement, but that's not all, there's a trap door at the far end of the basement. It leads to a hidden room where we found stacks of human bones and a table with tools that were probably used by Blood Lust." Sunset explains.

"I see, then I suppose the logical conclusion is that the owner of the real estate agency had that certain area blocked off so they could bury the past. But I have to know: why would he suddenly appear now?" he asked.

"Swift's little sister and Dusky used a ouija board. We think that they might have resurrected his spirit through that thing and right now, if we don't stop Blood Lust, he might just claim another victim and drag them straight to hell with him. Before you arrived, Blood Lust's spirit took possession of the girls and hid them inside the room hidden behind the closet." Anon explained.

Thunder's face got more uneasy, yet determined. "Then take me to the room and stick by my side. I might need you three just in case things get ugly." he said.

Anon, Sunset and Twilight all walked to the closet and showed the hole to Thunder. Thunder Rider squeezed through the hole and made it to the other side safely. Anon went in next, followed by Sunset and Twilight and they all walked down the dark, desolate room. Anon used his cell phone as a flash light to help guide everyone to the trap door where the air had gotten thinner and thinner. Anon coughed a bit, but held on strong as he reached down and grabbed the handle to the door and lifted it up.

One slight pull and suddenly, the door sprang wide open, a low, menacing and loud growl emitted from the room inside the trap door and Anon was slammed against a wall. He coughed up blood from the impact and fell to his knees, coughing up more blood.

"Anon, are you alright?!" Sunset asked, running over to help him. She put his hand on the cross he gave her for protection to at least ease the pain he felt. His coughing stopped and he was able to catch his breath before standing back up on his feet, dusting himself off.

"Blood Lust is backed into a corner. He knows he can't escape." Anon replied.

"Why don't you stay here and get your strength back, I'll head down into the room and deal with the demon myself and if I need you, I'll call out to you," Thunder said as he climbed down into the hidden room. Thunder traveled walked deeper in the room, glancing at the many bones of the victims. Thunder prayed for the victims before he made his way to the very end of the room, where he sees a black mass.

The evil spirit, Blood Lust made these demonic gargled noises, yet Thunder could easily understand exactly what the dark spirit was saying.

"Even in death, you have yet to let go of your misdeeds. You took the lives of innocent children for your own selfish needs and felt the pleasure from doing so. Perhaps it is time you learned what it's like to feel the pain you gave them years ago when you lived," Thunder scolded calmly.

Blood Lust's spirit remained in the black mass and let out a demonic growl. Thunder Rider sprinkled the holy water at the evil spirit and presented the cross, chanting his prayer.

Thunder's tactics seemed to be working as the demon growling and roared tremendously. Sunset, Twilight and Anon could hear the sound of the demon from upstairs. But, somewhere deep inside Anon's soul, he could tell that things weren't gonna end well if Thunder was gonna continue like this all on his own. He knows Thunder Rider is an accomplished priest, but he still feared that Thunder'll get hurt.

Anon tried to stand up, but he was still a bit shaken up from that heavy slam into the wall. Sunset and Twilight helped him back on his feet.

"Take it easy, Anon, you're not a full strength yet. Remember, he said he'll call for us if he needs us most, so just try to relax and don't move too much," Twilight said. The commotion coming from the room underneath the trap door was growing louder and the sound of the demon howling made the group grow more worried and hoped Thunder was alright.

Black mass seemed to erupt from out of the room, hitting the ceiling and evaporated into nothing. The group feared the worst for their friend and jumped down inside the torture chamber. Sunset and Twilight kept Anon behind them, still trying to make sure he was safe until his strength returns.

The three of them walked into the room, feeling the black mass breeze past them. Their bodies grew goosebumps from the intensity of the black mass. Yet, despite the heavy atmosphere, the group pressed onward until they reached Thunder Rider who was in the heat of the battle right now. Thunder still continued his prayers, unaware of the others' presence. They could also see that the demon, Blood Lust was gripping his head with his claws, emitting black mass from his body.

"In the name... of the father... of the son... and of the holy spirit... I hereby condemn you back into the pits of hell from whence you came and NEVER return!" Thunder called out.

Blood Lust let out an ear-splitting, demonic roar before disappearing from their sight. It seemed that Thunder Rider was able to put a stop to the demon once and for all, but his strength has left him. No matter how many demons he fights, it will never stop getting hard to banish them back to hell. Even Twilight, Sunset and Anon have had their fair share of demons when Thunder wasn't available.

Everyone went to Thunder and acted as his support with Sunset wrapping Thunder's right arm around her and Twilight had Thunder's left arm wrapped around her.

"Thanks, girls. I don't think... he'll be coming back... anymore. So, all... all we have to do is... to destroy the ouija board and make sure no one ever uses it again," Thunder said between breaths. Everyone agreed and helped Thunder walk out of the room and then Anon closed the trap door. He followed the girls and Thunder back up the stairs where the lights in the 2nd floor hallway were still on.

Thunder Rider went through the hole first, then Sunset and Twilight. But just as Anon was about to climb through the hole, something grabbed his leg and he let out a grunt.

Anon tried to break free of whatever had him in a vice grip. But he was yanked down the stairs back into the darkness and felt like his body ached with every thud on the steps. Once he fell to the bottom, he was then thrown to the wall at the end of the room and shouted in pain and landed on the floor.

"ANON!" Twilight and Sunset shouted, looking through the hall. They noticed a few droplets of blood that was dripping out of his mouth.

Thunder got wide-eyed and checked through the hole and saw that Anon was hurting. "No, this... this can't be right, I know I excorsized the demon out of there, but..." Thunder paused. He felt a shred of uneasiness and dread coming from inside the dark room. "...Damn! I didn't get the room with the boxes! Quick, Twilight, find the ouija board and take it down to the fireplace in the living room, but don't burn it until I have Sunset tell you to burn it, do you got that?"

"Y-Yeah, of course," Twilight replied before heading downstairs. Thunder crawled back in through the hole in the wall and climbed back down the stairs.

Then, before he his foot touched the bottom, the empty boxes in the room flew everywhere as if the demon was trying to block off Thunder and prevent him from helping Anon. In the midst of the scattered boxes blocking his way, he noticed a black mass appear. The demon's body was starting to show through the light upstairs through the wall and Thunder got a veery good look at Blood Lust.

He had wild, feathered out silver hair that was coated in a small black mist. His eyes were red and black and had multiple stab wounds around his face, no doubt from the child who ended his life. He was at least 6'2 and donned on a black robe. Blood Lust had a disgusting smile on his face, despite the fact that most of his teeth had rotted away, save for 2 buck teeth.

"So you finally showed your face. I should have known you were too stubborn to give up on your selfish desires, even after I had you beat!" Thunder said to Blood Lust's face. Unfortunately, Blood's grin grew wider and let out a demonic laugh just after he finally dropped all the boxes in the abandoned room. Thunder wasn't sure what he was up to, but he wasn't afraid of what Blood had in store for him.

"Don't you see, puny human?" Blood asked in a demonic voice. "It's all thanks to those two girls that I was able to wake up and hear the sounds of children screaming again! You could never understand how good it feels to be rid of such disgusting vermin and live in peace and quiet!"

"You disgusting piece of crap!" Anon called out as he stood up. He glared at Blood Lust, but that hardly did any good, other than feeding Blood Lust and making him stronger. Anon remembered that demons'll feed off any negative energy and make themselves more stronger. So, Anon took a few deep breaths and calmed down the storm inside of his head before looking at Blood Lust's spirit again.

"Tell me, how do you expect to beat me if I'm already dead? You can never touch me. You can never get rid of me and no one in this world is going to stop me from taking all the children for myself. Oh, how I'm gonna love the sounds of their screams of agony!" Blood boasted.

Anon then decides to play with his mind. "Now I see why your parents were so ashamed of you. I'd be too if I had my wife had given birth to a narcissistic murderer who takes pleasure in killing other kids. As far as I know, your parents probably thought you were a mistake," he said. This definitely hit Blood Lust right in his ego when Anon insulted him like that. Blood Lust growled at Anon with anger.

"They made the mistake for being too weak to stop me!" Blood growled. Anon was flown towards Blood and was now face to face with the giant demon. "Any last words before I send you straight to hell?"

"Yeah, I got 15: You really are a dumbass for turning your back against a priest, see ya chump!" Anon retorted with a grin, confusing Blood Lust. Just then, Blood let out an ear-splitting scream, letting go of Anon as Blood felt pain from the holy water that Thunder Rider sprinkled onto him. Thunder Rider said his prayers once more and placed the cross on Blood's back, causing a burning sensation to coarse throughout his body until the evil demon levitated and roared ferociously until it exploded into nothing.

"Sunset, NOW!" Thunder Rider called out.

"Okay!" Sunset replied. She headed downstairs into the living room where everyone was gathered. "Twilight, burn the ouija board, now!" she said. Twilight nodded, grabbed the ouija board and tossed it into the fireplace and watched the board burn into a smoldering crisp. And at that moment, the pressure in the house began to disappear, the air was breathable again and the demonic entity was finally gone.


About 30 minutes later, everyone gathered into the living room and sat down on the couches.

"Now listen, you two. No matter what, I want you to promise me that you'll never play with another ouija board for as long as you live. Playing around with those things isn't a very smart thing to do. You're very lucky that we put a stop to this mess, otherwise you would have gone through some serious hell," Anon said.

"I promise... and I'm sorry for dragging Faded Moon into this," Dusky said to Swift.

"As long as this never happens again, then I forgive you," Swift Blade said.

"Here, keep these," Thunder said, reaching into his robe pocket and handing them some candles. "This will help keep the bad spirits away and bring in the good spirits,"

"We well. And thanks for saving us," Faded Moon said.

"You're welcome. Now you guys be careful and make sure to stick to board games like monopoly or scrabble," Twilight said, tapping Faded's shoulder. Once everything was cleared up, Thunder Rider took his leave and gave the family his blessing.

Anon, Sunset and Twilight stuck around a little longer to pack up their equiptment. Twilight carried Spike back into the van and gave him a doggy treat before heading back into the house and helping her team pack up the rest of the equiptment before they all said their good-byes and drove back to their home where they could finally relax and enjoy some well deserved rest.