• Published 20th Sep 2017
  • 1,392 Views, 18 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Haunted - Israel Yabuki



Canterlot ain't always peaceful. True most enemies were magic-crazed maniacs, but some of them are far more villainous and sometimes peaceful... even in the afterlife

  • ...
2
 18
 1,392

Where Demons Dwell (Part 1)

About a week has passed since the incident with the ghost haunting the young couple. There was nothing to do, other than use the cash they earned to put some food in the fridge and pay the bills. The whole time while there were no calls from other clients. They spent their time tidying up the house and getting Spike some more dog food and his favorite doggy treats that he loves so much.

As soon as that was done, there was nothing better to do other than to watch TV or stroll online. At least, that was the case for Sunset and Anon. Twilight, however, decided to take Spike for a nice walk to keep him in shape and burn off the calories from his big puppy buffet.

Pretty soon, a brand new week begins and right now, it's 6:30 in the morning Sunset was taking a shower upstairs, Twilight was fast asleep inside her bedroom and Anon was wide awake in the living room, watching this horror movie he just bought called Lights Out.

He watched his movie as a way to wait for the girls. But then, the phone rang. Anon reached out and answered it, putting it up to his ear.

"Hello, this is Anon of the Canterlot City Paranormal Research Society, how can I help you today?" he says.

"Hi, this is Swift Blade, I'm sorry for disturbing you at this early hour, but there's something wrong going on at my house and I think my little sister and my friend are being targeted!"

"What kind of things are they doing?"

"Well, my sister, Faded Moon keeps talking with her dolls like they're alive and what's creep is how a couple of them wound up in my room! As for my friend, her name is Dusky Novel. She's been acting on edge and I keep hearing her chanting who knows what in the guest room. I think they're being attacked by some kind of spirit, you gotta get over her as soon as you can, please!" he says in a panic.

"Calm down and don't worry. I'll get some of my stuff and let me know where I can meet up with you and I'll be on my way over there as soon as possible." Anon says.

Swift Blade gives Anon the address and he writes it down on some paper. He tells Swift to stay calm and wait patiently for him before hanging up. He gets off the couch and looks up at the ceiling, listening to the sounds of the shower water still being used. Sunset Shimmer is probably not done yet, so Anon has to resort to doing the task on his own until the girls are ready to go.

Anon runs upstairs and goes into the guest room to load up some, but not all of the equiptment. He even grabs some of is other stuff from his room and runs back down the stairs, putting the equiptment down and writing down a note for the girls letting him know where he'll be.

Normally, he'd take the van, but he wanted his friends to use it to get to him. So Anon went for the next best thing and that was to request Uber. It was difficult to find an Uber driver, but he finally found one by the time Sunset finished her shower. Anon walks over to the front door, only to get stopped by Sunset.

"You're not taking the van and leaving us here stranded, are you?" Sunset asks. Anon turns around.

"No, you and Twilight can take the van. I've gotten a ride from Uber. But if you're coming, you gotta wake Twilight up and get ready. I left the rest of the equiptment in the guest room. I even left a note here on the table with the address of where our client is so you'll know where to find me. When you girls are ready, meet me there and we can officially start the entire investigation, okay?"

"Alright. Just be careful out there and don't get yourself killed."

"There's no guarantees that I'll come back out of this alive. But I promise that I'll try to stay away from death's door for as long as I can."

Sunset didn't say a word and allowed Anon to head on out with some of the equiptment in a few suitcases and his backpack he kept even after graduation. He headed out of the house and locked the door and waited on the sidewalk for the Uber driver to arrive. 3 minutes later, the driver arrived and Anon got in the back of the car with his stuff and waited patiently as the driver took off.


Moments later, Anon arrived at his destination and got out of the car with his stuff and closed the door. The driver leaves and Anon walks over to the front entrance, knocking on the door. Immediately, he heard footsteps running towards the front door. The door opens and a man stood in front of Anon. He had orange hair, dark blue skin and brown eyes and he was wearing black jeans and a black short sleeved shirt that had a picture of a sword sowed onto the front pointing down to the lower right.

He looked worried about whether or not he found the right guy. "Umm... are you Anon? The same guy I talked to on the phone earlier?" he asks.

"Yes, I am. And I assume you must be Swift Blade?" you ask.

"Yeah, I am. Come on in and I'll give you the heads up on what's been going on."

Anon nods and walks inside the house and took a seat in the living room on the left. At the far end of the living room, Anon notices a fireplace that was lit up and burning brilliantly. Swift Blade walked into the living room and sat straight across from Anon, looking down at the floor.

"Okay, now first off, I want to know how long you've been living in this house." Anon says.

"We've been living in this house for about 3 years. Nothing seemed to be happening out of the ordinary during those years, other than the busy hours at work." Swift explains.

"Then when did the activity in the house start?"

"It started about a week ago when I came home from work one night. My sister wanted to invite Dusky over to my house for a sleepover. I don't know how it started, but all I can say is that Faded Moon has been isolating herself in her room, talking with her favorite doll. Dusky however, she's been acting the strangest, but I guess you already knew that over the phone."

"Yes, I do know that. So tell me, did you find any injuries on Dusky or Faded's body when all of this happened, or are they not harmed at all?"

"No, they're perfectly fine. But it's like every time I take even one step into either one of the rooms, I always feel this heavy thickness pushing me down like something doesn't want me interfering with whatever the hell's going on, or something."

"Interesting. So the activity mostly takes place in both the guest room and your sister's bedroom?"

"Yeah, they do."

"Okay, I'll go ahead and set up my cameras in the rooms. And if anything goes wrong..." Anon pauses and reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out his vajra. Swift was confused of what it was suppose to do, but he didn't question it and just went along with it and nodded. Anon proceeded to ascend the stairs to where there were three bedrooms and two baths. He takes a step towards what looks like the guest room and sees a young woman with minty green hair and light minty green skin.

She was wearing a white sleeveless dress and had a dark green skirt going down past her knees. He couldn't see her face since she was staring out the window. Anon immediately takes one step into the room and immediately feels the heaviness in the air.

"I know what you're trying to do, human." said the woman.

"Oh really now? Tell me, are you the one he calls Dusky Novel?" Anon asks.

"She belongs to me now. You can't do anything to stop me. Your faith is nothing." Dusky let out a chuckle which then turned into a full-on laugh. Anon was unamused and took the holy water out of his other pocket and sprinked Dusky with it and she let out an ear-splitting screech of pain. Anon saw a strange black mass exit her body and slowly advanced towards Anon until it was eye-to-eye with him.

Anon could feel his heart racing, but he didn't let fear take control of him. The black mass then revealed two glowing red eyes in the pitched blackness. Those eyes were enough to make any man or woman scream in terror and cower in fear. However, only leaned his upper body backwards, staring down those demonic red eyes until it vanishes into thin air without a trace.

With the black mass out of the way for now, Anon advanced towards Dusky and helped her back up. Her eyes were the same color as her minty hair. She had cirlces under her eyes, most likely from lack of sleep and from the torment she was inflicted with. She looks up at Anon with confusion.

"W-Who are you?" she asks.

"My name is Anonymous, but you can call me Anon. I was called here by your friend, Swift Blade. He was worried about you and his sister, Faded Moon." Anon explains.

"O-Oh, I see." Dusky remains quiet for a while. Anon feels like she's keeping a secret and doesn't want him to find out, but he didn't have time to ask 20 questions so he went and set up one of his night vision cameras in the guest room in a part of the room with no blind spot.

Anon walks out of the room and makes his way to Faded Moon's room, or Swift's sister's room. The door was closed and he could swear he heard voices coming from the other side. He gets curious and leans up against the bedroom door, listening very carefully.

"Your brother sent an evil wizard, wanting to take you away!" said a female voice. It sounded like it was an evil witch's voice like from one of those fairy tales.

"No, Swift would never do that! He loves me!" said another female voice, but this one sounded younger, like it was the voice of a child.

"No, I'll protect you. But you have to promise not to tell anyone or you'll be punished for betraying my trust and you, my child, wouldn't want that to happen now would you?"

"I... I promise."

Anon got more suspicious and knocked on the door. "I don't mean any harm, I'm just gonna set up a camera and I'll be on my way out." he says before opening the door. The room had a big bookshelf with stuffed animals and a few VHS tapes, which came as a surprise to Anon. No child in today's modern age ever uses them or has ever even heard of them at all.

In the middle of the room was a little girl with light gray skin and white hair with black stripes running through it and had blue eyes and had a choaker around her neck. She was holding a little doll that wore a cute little red dress and had green eyes and had blonde hair. The little girl looked a bit cautious and clinged to her doll, not wanting to let it go and Anon can guess what's going on.

"So, you must be Faded Moon. It's alright, I just need to set this camera up and I'll be out of your way." Anon says, moving past the little girl. But when he got too close the shelf with all the stuffed animals, he felt something press against his chest.

"NO! GET AWAY!" Faded Moon says. She runs over to her shelf and blocks it. "Don't come anywhere near Molly's personal hush-hush place!"

Anon was curious of what this "hush-hush" place was. But he didn't have time to find out and just set up the camera across from where the shelf was and made sure it was high enough to tower over the bed before he headed out of the room and left Faded alone in her room. He walks back down the stair and takes the rest of the equiptment out of his backpack and suit case and sets them up in the living room.

"Hey, what the hell happened up there? Dusky sounded like she was in pain!" Swift asked, panicked.

"She's alright, just a little shaken up. She was under possession by some dark spirit. It's even quite possible that the spirit is actually a demon. I caught a glimpse of the bastard's eyes before I even got a chance to set up the cameras upstairs in the guest room." Anon explains.

"Oh crap! Wait, what about my sister? You didn't hurt her, did you?!" he asks again, almost hostile.

"No, Faded Moon is alright, she's just playing with her doll. Although, there's something I just don't like about that doll that you should watch out for. Call it a hunch, but somehow, I think that the doll is being used as a vessel to hide the true threat behind all of is."

"Note taken. But I want to ask you something. Is there more people in your group or is it all just you?"

"There's two other members, plus our dog. They needed time to get ready before they can get over here with the rest of the equiptment we got in the van."

"Oh, okay. I'm gonna go check up on my sister and see if she's okay." Swift says. Soon, he ascends the to the 2nd floor out of Anon's sight. Anon takes the time to check out the house around him, bringing along his digital recorder, hoping to capture an EVP. He presses the record button and starts asking questions.

"Is there anyone in here with me?" Anon asks, holding his recorder in front of him. Nothing but silence could be heard all over the house. "Why are you targeting the two girls upstairs?" Still nothing. "What have those girls done to make you want to torment them?" Nothing but silence fills the house. With nothing more to say, he presses the stop button on his recorder and walks back into the living room.

He presses the play button and listens in on the recording.

"Is there anyone here with me?"

"... ... ..."

"Why are you targeting the two girls upstairs?"

"... ... ..."

"What have those girls done to make you want to torment them?"

"... ... leave ... house" said a disembodied voice.

The hairs on the back of Anon's neck stood up. "What the hell was that?" he asks himself. Just then, his monitor starts to act up and he checks to see what was going on. Anon sees that in the guest room, Dusky was standing at the window again and witnessed her shadow start to get darker and darker and extending out more until some kind of black mass appeared out of the shadow.

It stood a few inches taller than any man Anon had ever come across. For some reason, he felt like the thing was looking at him through the camera. Soon, the monitor turned off.

"DAMN IT!" Anon shouts. He runs up the stairs but is forced back down the stairs by a heavy wind and lands flat on his back with a loud thud. He grunts in pain and looks up to see a floating demon head grinning at him before disappearing into thin air, with no trace of it whatsoever. This wasn't going to scare Anon so he tried a second time to run upstairs, successfully reaching the door to the guest room.

He tries to enter, but the door slams shut, hitting his face. "DAMN IT! Not again!" he grunts in pain. Swift comes out of his sister's room and checks up on Anon.

"Dude, what's the matter?!" Swift asks.

"Dusky's trapped inside!" Anon says, trying to open the door. Swift steps in and helps Anon push the door open, but the door wouldn't budge. Swift backed up a bit and tackled the door with his shoulder, but it wasn't enough to force it open. At least not alone, anyways. Anon stepped back with Swift.

"Alright, on the count of three, we charge at the same time!" Swift says. Anon nods and looks back at the door and hunches back with Swift. "One... two... THREE!" he shouted. Swift and Anon both charged at the door with all their might to force the door open. The heavy impact was finally enough to open the door, but when they looked inside the room, Dusky was gone. The window was closed and had no signs of being broken for Dusky to escape, so where did she disappear to so fast?

Anon felt a little chill running down his spine and somehow could tell whatever was in the house, it wasn't going to leave without Dusky. Anon and Swift just hope that she's not dead yet.

'Sunset... Twilight... hurry the hell up and get over here quick!' Anon thought, feeling anxious.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay everybody. I've been busy with trying to find some work here in my town just so I could make ends meat, but anyway, I hope you like this third chapter and I've got more chapters and stories to come, so thank you for your patience and support, brony on.