• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 477 Views, 11 Comments

The Creation War - Epicdiscord214



In this thrilling conclusion, the Mane 6, Team Avatar, the Masked Matterhorn, the Shadow Blot, and more fight for the fate of all Creation.

  • ...
 11
 477

The Sins of the Father

"You want to go to Canterlot?" Twilight asked. "To get the Uniscope?"

"But isn't that what you just said Tartus needs to complete his set?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Not only that," Korra said, "But when he gets all three Relics of Creation, he'll reshape all realities at once with next to no effort."

"That's quite a method to take over the world." Pinkie said.

"I still don't understand why you want to find it." Spike said. "If Tartus is after it, maybe we should keep it hidden."

"Tartus is locked up, remember?" Korra asked. "He's resting in a cage in the next room."

"But we don't know where his vultures are." Mako said. "If we uncover it, they'll probably just swipe it from us."

"Then we outnumber them." Korra said. "I'm pretty sure a bunch of us can take four birds."

"It still seems pretty risky." the Doctor said. "Why would you want that?"

"Avatar Stelle said that Twilight's spell wouldn't work anyway. We need another answer, and she said only the Uniscope can tell us."

"You do know it's not limitless, right?" Twilight asked.

"I get it." Korra said. "It'll only respond to noble intentions. Well, saving me is a noble intention. I know, coming from me, that may sound selfish, but nevertheless, I'd say it's worth the risk. Look, we'll just go to Canterlot, look at the Uniscope, figure out how to fix me, and put it back in less than five minutes. If we run into those buzzards, we'll just beat them away."

"What about Tartus?" Tenzin asked. "With you all away and some of us trying to win back the public's favor, the only person to keep an eye on him would be Varrick... and it's Varrick."

"I'll watch him." Kuvira said.

"Kuvira, are you sure?" Scimitar asked.

"I... I don't think I'd be in the best state of mind for a battle if it came to it." Kuvira said. "My talents are best suited here where I can try to process everything."

"Twilight, I know we've been in a bit of a disagreement lately, but I'm asking you now to trust me. It's the only idea we have left."

Twilight's mind wrapped around it. She gave it a hard thought until...

"All right." Twilight said. "We'll get in, talk to the Uniscope, put it back, and come back without any fuss."

"I still think this is a bad idea," Scimitar said, "But it might help put an end to tall this."

"You do realize this is most likely a trap, right?" Mako asked.

"Yeah," Twilight said, "And it's a really good one."

"Without my ability to see the future, all we have now is faith." the Doctor said. "And we're gonna have to use it in these circumstances."

"Then it's settled." Twilight said. "We're going to Equestria tonight."


While Tenzin and the other elders gave a press conference trying to dissuade the public's outburst against Korra, the heroes brought her out of the prison wearing a cloak to hide herself. They snuck the Avatar across the city until they made it in the middle of the Spirit Wilds where the portal had been waiting.

"All right." the Doctor said. "Just give me a minute to alter this portal to take us to Equestria. If you want, all humans can be given paused auras so you can stay humans. Learning how to walk on four legs can take a little effort."

"Tell me about it." Mako said. "Yes, we'd like to stay human."

"All right then." the Doctor said. "When I alter this portal, it's going to take us across the mirror that rests in Twilight's castle. After that, I'll take us all to Canterlot before the princesses. I hope your plan works."

"Yeah." Korra said nervously. "Me too."


"I've got to say, I'm surprised." Tartus said with Kuvira standing with her back to him. "When I saw you would be watching over me while the main characters would go to their next errand, I almost skipped a breath."

He didn't get an answer.

"Although, I've got to say, when you think about it, it would make sense for you to stay here with me alone so you can ask me questions. So what would you like to know?"

Still no reply.

"Maybe you'd like to know your birthday. Or maybe how I could actually create a human being when I was originally a wolf. Well, the science on that is shaky to explain, but I'll do my best..."

"Do you ever stop talking?" Kuvira finally spoke stopping Tartus silent. "I don't want to know any of it."

"Really?" Tartus asked. "Then why would you want to be here? Seems to me that his is the last place you'd want to be."

"I just wanted to see the look in your eye and see if there's any truth in our relationship. And right now, I don't see any. Seems to me that all that father-daughter talk is empty."

"Empty?" Tartus asked. "Come on, Kuvira. You actually think I fabricated any of it?"

"Yes. You could have planted those documents in your lab to throw me off balance. That's why you sent us there to begin with. There's nothing you can say or do to make me believe we are in any way related."

"It's not what I've done that should make you believe." Tartus said. "It's what you've done."

With that, Kuvira finally turned around and faced the villain. "What are you talking about?"

"It's why I left you with the Beifong family instead of destroying you with the rest of the Site A specimens. Think about it. You used a show of power and fear to make Earth villages submit to your growing empire. You turned an energy project into a weapon of destruction. You imprisoned your own foster family and stole Zaofu from them. You could have just left Republic City alone since it wasn't part of the Earth Kingdom anymore, but instead, you wanted to take it back with a mecha-giant. You could have stopped yourself after any of those accomplishments, but you didn't. Because the pride in yourself, your growing want for more power could never be satisfied. And that... came from me."

"Don't try using my wrongdoings to support your ridiculous claim. I took responsibility for everything. I surrendered. How could I have a 'want for more power' when I stopped?"

"Yes, that's puzzled me for a while." Tartus said. "I looked back at the circumstances of you sudden redemption, and I believe I came up with a theory. When you and the Avatar created the spirit portal in the wilds, you both also entered the Spirit World at the same time. At that point, before your bodies could manifest into physical matter, your energies were merged. Your souls were one. When you separated, some of the spirit of Raava, the spirit of light in Korra, went into you. That little bit of good changed within you."

"You really expect me to believe something that crazy?" Kuvira protested.

"Like I said, it's only a theory, but it's a really good one. Because before then, your stubbornness and pride had affected the entire Earth nation."

"I was doing what was necessary of me!" Kuvira argued. "I believed what I was doing was right! I may have been wrong about a lot of things, but I know Nothing I did came from you!!"

"You also know what happened with Bataar Jr.!" Tartus shot back.

That last argument caught Kuvira by surprise followed by a moment of silence. "What... did you... say?"

"I know what you've done with him." Tartus said. "He's a brilliant kid. I actually liked him. And so did you, it would seem. You loved each other. You promised to be together. He supported your every step, even your attack at Republic City. But when a tough call had to be made, you chose your own dreams over him."

"Don't you dare bring him up." Kuvira growled angrily. "You don't know anything."

"Actually, I do." Tartus said. "You had your weapon, but before you could accept surrender, the Avatar kidnapped your fiancée and convinced him to try and get you to surrender. He called you and tried to convince you that your love for each other was more important than your expanding empire. What did you do then? ...You fired your weapon where you knew he was at. You were willing to sacrifice your own love for power. Sure, he survived and under house arrest in Zaofu, but that doesn't change that you made your choice. That's even more proof that you're my daughter. Because that's exactly what I'd do."

"SILENCE!" Kuvira shouted with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Don't cry, Kuvira." Tartus said. "That's why I ripped out my emotions. I never wanted to think with my heart again. Now, I have my brain to think for me just as nature intended. And that's a luxury you need to accept you have. You may be on the side of the angels, but you're just as heartless as I am.

"What do you have to gain
From not using your brain
When you have no other important part
And tell me...
Why pretend to have a heart
Why would you ever let
Yourself live with regret
When you were just being who you are
And tell me...
Why pretend to have a heart
You obviously have a brain
It can help you have your thoughts
You obviously have a spine
It's the same as your guts
Your eyes and your ears
They help you see and hear
A heart may be keeping you alive
But you're not really living a life
Yes, I really do know you
And that's why I'm trying to show you
Who you were from the very start
So tell me...
Why pretend, Kuvira
Why pretend, Kuvira
Why pretend to have a heart
Oh, you may have let love get in your way
But then, you had made your choice
You ignored his pesky voice
You may have been convinced to stray
But deep inside, there is more
There is a conqueror hungry for war
YES! I really do know you
And that's why I'm trying to show you
It's time for you to drop this farce
So tell me...
Why pretend, Kuvira
Why pretend, Kuvira
Why pretend, Kuvira"

Tartus hummed the tune silently while Kuvira stood straight with her head down and walked out of the room. As soon as she slammed the door, Tartus just stared.

"Well, that was rude."

Author's Note:

Sorry it took me a while. I'm just very distracted lately. But rest assured, I do intend on finishing this story eventually. Sorry this chapter was a little short, but I was pressed for time. But to make up for it, in the next chapter, I will drop a bombshell secret about Tartus and his origins. I don't know when it'll be finished, but I'm thinking about this story every day.

The song featured here is a parody of "What's the Use of Feeling, Blue" from Steven Universe.

Comments ( 3 )

Not bad. What song did you use, also I’ve been binging too much Arrested Development because I can’t unthink of Kurvia walking away to the sad Christmas music from Charlie Brown the way you described her leaving.

. "When I saw you would be watching over me while the main characters would go to their next errand, I almost skipped a breath."

Man you got to love those fourth wall breaks:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment