• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 646 Views, 10 Comments

Prismatic Soul - Prism Sparkler



When a pony gets injured and finds herself in the capable hands of the star students of the DWMA, she finds herself adjusting to a new life, and with the question of how to get back home.

  • ...
 10
 646

Chapter 4 - Milky Way's Decision! Will This Stranger Really Attend DWMA?

I spent the rest of the afternoon hoping that Maka and Soul would show up. They said they would, so why would I think they wouldn't? I started to stress wondering if I came off too strong for a first impression, praying to Celestia I didn't. Black⭐Star and Tsubaki left a while ago, and Kid, Liz, and Patty left just a few minutes after them, insisting to give me space. I couldn't do anything except look around, taking in the bland surroundings of the infirmary. I shifted my gaze to my nightstand, and to an object on top of it. A handheld mirror. One last gift from Kid before they left. There was a sticky note stuck to the handle. I picked it up to examine it. The note read:

Fog the glass to call upon Death himself. 42-42-564

Pretty straightforward instructions. However, I wasn't quite sure why he would ask me to "call upon Death". With the situation I was in, Death was the last thing I wanted. I chuckled and set the mirror back down, hearing a creak from the infirmary door. I froze briefly, slightly frightened and concerned. Was someone breaking in? Nygus's calm voice answered that for me.

"Ah, Maka, Soul. Glad to see you. It's almost 7:00 in the evening. I believe she was worried about you for not showing up."

She gazed towards me with that last sentence and I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment and averted my eyes, pursing my lips. I saw the partners walk around to the side of my bed that faces the window and sit in the chairs there. I looked back up to meet Maka's green orbs. Her eyes seemed to smile alongside her lips. It was a contagious, cute smile, so I ended up smiling back at her. She began to speak.

"I'm sorry we took so long to get here! We had a mission until about 4:30 then we wanted to go home and make a little something for you. Soul, did you bring it?" The blonde girl looked at the albino boy, and he looked back at her, holding up a present.

"Relax, Maka, of course I did. If we spent all this time making it, it'd be a shame to just leave it. Here you go, little lady."

Little lady...

I felt my soul screaming in silent victory on the inside as he spoke those words. He handed me the package and I instantly smelled something familiar. My mouth watering, I tore off the wrapping paper, setting it aside to find a tin box with similar designs and decorations to Hearth's Warming Eve. I ignored it, for now, knowing I would ask about that later, and taking off the lid. Delicious, warm smells wafted through the air as my eyes darted to one of the most beautiful-looking apple pies sat in the box before me. I was put in a trance, it looked absolutely delectable!

"Thank you both so much, it looks so good!! Applejack and Pinkie Pie would've loved this!"

After hearing myself say that last bit, I shut my mouth, my eyes wide with regret as I sighed and laughed at myself for making such a slip. Not only did I know these students for less than 24 hours, but now I'm saying names that appeared completely out of place for this world! Ugh, it was a mess! With hesitation, I looked at them both again, putting the lid back on the tin box, setting it on my nightstand. They were looking at me, confused, yet intrigued. Now was the time to attempt to clean my own mess!

"Oh geez, wow, I'm sorry about that!... Those were, uh... Nicknames for my old friends back home! They both loved to bake, and each of them owned a little establishment of their own, Applejack owning Sweet Apple Acres, an apple farm famous nationwide, while Pinkie Pie ran Sugarcube Corner, an adorable little bakery at a street corner of my hometown."

Their confusion faded and was replaced with fascination. I felt my heart start to beat again. Sure, I would tell them eventually! That is... if I stayed in this world long enough for me to grow closer to all of them. I missed my friends back home dearly, but these new people I've been getting to know are truly fascinating individuals with unique personalities! I thought of what I would be doing back in Equestria, rather than be here in Death City. Would I be this excited to see new people? Ponyville was a small town, so I knew practically everyone and everything that lived there. Meeting new ponies didn't come by often with the exception of Trixie and Starlight glimmer. I've heard rumors about changelings and other dragons coming to town, but I never had the chance to meet them with my business. That led to disappointment. I got lost in thought until Soul's husky voice spoke up.

"You okay?"

I felt my blush return to my cheeks when I knew he was addressing me. I looked into his deep red eyes.

"O-oh, yeah! I'm sorry, I got a little lost..."

He nodded, then Maka gasped slightly as if she remembered something.

"Oh, that's right! There was another reason we came to visit. Well, Soul and I have been talking to the rest of the group, as well as Lord Death and other familiar academy staff members, and we have a proposition for you. When we found you, you were clearly hurt from falling, but staying on the street alone is no safe place to be, especially without a defense tactic. And seeing as how you're not from around here, we have no clue if you'll have weapon blood to defend yourself, much less a weapon partner! We'd hate to see you get hurt again, Milky Way."

My blush stayed as it was. These people... Really cared about me. Even though they barely knew me. I found myself sitting upright more to show my interest. It was Soul's turn to present the situation.

"That's right. Then, by invitation of Lord Death, we would like to offer you a spot in the Death Weapon Meister Academy as a full-time student. Board and room will be paid for, and we'll try to accommodate you with either a meister or a weapon partner, depending on if you have weapon blood or not. And you'll be training with the rest of us, the best of the best. Of course..."

He paused, looking away from my gaze, closing his eyes.

"I don't think we'll ever find a partner as cool as me to be with a pretty cool girl like yourself..." He tilted his head in my direction again, his sharp teeth glistening in a mischievous grin, and flashing a wink.

With that one gesture, I felt my heart stop and I heard my soul absolutely screaming like a Feather Bangs fan. I felt my right hand grip the sheets in an attempt to keep myself from gushing out all my feelings about my red-eyed crush. If I was going to get trapped in this world forever, at least I'd be with... Him... I shook my head to get rid of my jitters and looked back at them. Then, the situation finally hit me like a brick. I was being offered a place at THIS academy with THESE amazing students and having everything PAID for!? If the academy and new friends weren't already a plus, all my financial problems wouldn't even be problems!? I was so excited, I could barely stay lying down any longer. I heard myself gasp and my eyes widened as I looked at the two of them frantically.

"W-Wait, are you serious!?"

Then another realization hit me.

"And... Why me? You all barely know me..."

Maka smiled and nodded her head, her pigtails bouncing a little.

"Why wouldn't we be? We take the city's safety very seriously, including everyone in it. As for the other question, we're... Not quite sure ourselves on why he offered, but when we were describing you to Lord Death and how you got here through a portal. He went silent for a few seconds before saying you had a sort of... Potential. But Milky Way, do you accept our offer?"

After hearing that response, I didn't even think.

"Of course!!"

Author's Note:

Hello hello hello, everyone!! Welcome back, and thanks for reading Prismatic Soul. I know this story is going a little slow, but I want to make sure we get all exposition and introductions out of the way before we get to some of the more exciting stuff. And I KNOW THAT THIS UPDATE WAS SLOW I'M SORRY!! I truly am, school is kicking my butt with the school year only being a month away from ending (Thank the lord, I just want this year to be over. It was ROUGH). But anyway, thanks for reading!

Hoyo to kisu,
Prism Sparkler ✨