• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 1,602 Views, 41 Comments

Lord of the Rings: Ponies of the Fellowship - Massager 32



We'll travel to Middle Earth for the adventure of the Ring of power again but this time the ponies of Equestria are joining us

  • ...
3
 41
 1,602

Chapter Seven and Eight

Chapter Seven:

The journey begins

Gandalf then takes Frodo and Applejack into the dinning room and tell them the story of the Rings of power, the Last Alliance and the fall of Lord Sauron when he says, " This is the One ring, forged by the Dark Lord Sauron in the fires of Mount Doom. Taken by Isildur from the hand of Sauron himself."

Frodo looked at terrified and says, " But Bilbo found it in Gollum and Spikes cave."

To which Gandalf replied, " Yes and for sixty now the ring lay quiet in Bilbo's keeping, prolonging his life and delaying old age." then looks to Frodo to continue, " But no more Frodo. Evil is stirring in Mordor and the ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call."

Applejack says, " But you said he was destroyed. Sauron was destroyed."

That's when a low voice appeared from ring followed by Twilight who said, " No Applejack, the spirit of Sauron Endured. His life force is bounded to the ring and the ring survived. Sauron has returned, his orcs are multiplied and his fortress of Barad-dur is being rebuild to the land of Mordor, but Sauron needs only this ring to cover all the land in second darkness. He's seeking it, seeking it with all his thoughts on it and the ring errands above all else to return to the hands of his master they are one the ring and the Dark Lord. Frodo, Applejack he must never find it."

Frodo then took the ring and heads to the living room and says, " Alright then we put it away, keep it hidden and never speak of it again after all no one knows it here, do they?" but just as he asked that no answer can so he turns to ask again, " Do they?"

To which Gandalf said, " Unfortunately there are two others who that Bilbo had the ring. Me and Twilght've looked everywhere for the creatures Gollum and Spike but the enemy found them first. I don't know how long they torture them but a mess the endless screams and babbling they gave two words ' SHIRE! BAGGINS!'"

Those words send chills down Frodo's back and he said realizing, " Shire. Baggins, but that would lead them here." ,to bad they were already there because just outside Hobbitain two of the nine Black riders rode up the road to be seen and shouted by Sheriff Robin Smallgrow and his pony Silver Star who only reply was a quick swing of a sword to his neck. Now worried for the sake of the Shire Frodo places the ring in front of Gandalf and says, " Take it Gandalf, take it. You must take it."

But he instead steps back and says, " No Frodo. You can not after me this ring."

Frodo tries to argue by saying, " I'm not. I'm giving it to you."

But was stopped by Gandalf who say forcibly, " DON'T TEMP ME FRODO!" then calms down to say more, " I dare not take it, not even to keep it safe. Understand Frodo, I would use this ring from a desire for good, but through me it would weld a power too great and powerful to imagine. But it can not stay in the Shire, no it can't."

Frodo knew he was right and asked as he tightened the ring in his hand, " Then what must I do?"

They then run through out Bag End grabbing things and packing them as Gandalf says, " You most leave and leave quickly."

Only to be asked by Applejack who said, " And where do we go?"

To which he answered, " Get out of the Shire and make for the village of Bree."

Frodo then makes for the kitchen and bags some food as he asked, " What about you guys?"

To which Twilight answered, " We'll be waiting for you at the inn of the Prancing Horse."

But not sure about this he asked again, " And the ring will be safe there?"

Now it was Gandalfs turn to speak and he says, " I don't know Frodo, we don't have an answers to that so as you are off to Bree we will go see the head of our order he is both wise and powerful. Trust me, you'll know what to do." then helps Frodo dress into a brown coat and green hood as he gives one last warning, " Now you're going to have to leave the name of Baggins behind you for that name is not safe outside the Shire. Also travel only by day and stay off the roads."

To which Frodo said putting on his back pack and placing the ring in his vest pocket, " Don't worry, Applejack and I can cut across countries Gandalf."

Gandalf then looked at the ready young Hobbit and so reminded of Bilbo when he left for the Lonely Mountain he chuckled and says, " My dear Frodo Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all about their ways in a month and yet even after a hundred years they can still surprise you." When a sudden sound came from the open window. Gandalf tells Frodo and Applejack to get down as he gets his staff and heads for the window.

When at the first sight of movement he the slams the top of his long wooden staff and hears a high, " Ow!" then see a yellow pegasus fly up to the sky and say, " Oh something hit me in the head Sam."

But before a reply was made Gandalf grabs the trying to escape Hobbit and pulls him in to slam him onto the table and shout, " Confound it all Samwise Gamgee, have you been eavesdropping?"

To which Sam replied, " I haven't been dropping no eaves sir honest. Fluttershy and I were just cutting the grass under the window there."

Twilight then looks to Fluttershy and asked, " Is this true Fluttershy? It seems awfully late for trimming the yard."

To which she said flying down into the room, " Oh I'm sorry Twilight we heard raised voices and were starting to get worried about Mr. Frodo and Applejack."

Gandalf the turns to Sam and yells, " And what else did you hear? SPEAKE!"

To which Sam says shacking " Well nothing important. That is of course we did a good deal about a ring, dark lord and something about the end of the world but please Mr. Gandalf sir don't hurt us or turn us into anything unnatural."

Gandalf then looks to Frodo, Applejack and Twilight who all seemed to be thinking the same thing he was so looks back to Sam and says, " No perhaps not. I thought of a better use for you."

The next morning just as the sun rosed Gandalf, Twilight, Frodo and Applejack now with Sam and Fluttershy acompaning them left Hobbitain and began their journey, Gandalf and Twilight stayed with them for a good while before Gandalf hops on to his horse Bill, gives Frodo one last warning about Saurons minions then heads off with Twilight to Isengaurd. The four began to walk through the country side of the Shire passing many hills and rivers when Sam then stops at a field and says, " This is it."

Which made Frodo stop too to ask, " This is what?"

For which Fluttershy say, " Sorry Frodo but if we take one more step it be the longest away from home that ether of us been."

Applejack after laughing a bit then walks to them and says, " Ah come on now Sugar cube it's alright. Just remember what Bilbo use to say ' It's a dangerous business Going out your door, you step onto the road but if you don't kick your feet there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.'" then they continued.

Chapter Eight:

Night of the Wood Elves

Later that evening they set for camp, Sam was cooking up dinner while Frodo was sitting on a tree smoking his pipe, Applejack was napping and Fluttershy was playing with the animals then suddenly Frodo says, " Guys shhh! Do you hear that." and everyone stays quiet to hear growing sounds of Elvish singing. It was the Wood Elves with their ponies both unicorn, pegasi and earth alike and they were all walking through the forest glowing white as if they were ghost.

Frodo tells his friends as they watched a far that the Elves were going to the Harbor beyond the White Towers to leave Middle Earth and never return when Sam asks, " But wait what about their ponies? I mean they're just going back to their original homeland so shouldn't their ponies go with them?"

To which Frodo says sadly, " I don't know Sam. I don't know." then heads back to camp.

On the way Fluttershy takes Applejack behind a tree and asked, " Applejack they're starting to suspect things, shouldn't we tell them?"

To which Applejack says after looking back at Frodo and Sam, " No Fluttershy we can't. It's not our place nor time to do so, besides I reckon the less they now about the curse the better. Now come on we best catch up before they notice." then runs off to get some sleep but little did they know up on the hill sides far away looking down on the land was a Black rider.

Author's Note:

A/N: Now this is where things are going to get more interesting. Who well be Sarumans pony, what it to come of the ponies of the Elves leaving Middle Earth and what is this curse Applejack spoke of. Find out as the Story unfolds.