• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 1,599 Views, 41 Comments

Lord of the Rings: Ponies of the Fellowship - Massager 32



We'll travel to Middle Earth for the adventure of the Ring of power again but this time the ponies of Equestria are joining us

  • ...
3
 41
 1,599

Chapter Three and Four

Chapter Three

The long expected party

Then the party began and everyone there was having fun playing music, dancing to that music and drinking all the ale they could get, all except Samwise Gamgee and his Pegasus pony the known animal lover and shyest filly in the Shire Fluttershy who kept looking at their secret love ones Rosie Cotton and her Earth pony Big Macintosh, Applejack's brother. Frodo ran to Sam and says, " Go on now Sam, why don't you and Fluttershy ask Rosie and Big Mac for a dance?"

Fluttershy know something was going to happen so she quickly says, " Well that's very kind of you Frodo, but I think we'll just get some more ale."

Then Applejack pops from behind and pushes them to their lovers saying, " Oh no you don't Sugar cube go on. " before sitting down to watch as the two most shy beings in Hobbitain danced. Meanwhile on each side of the party other things were happening, one side had Gandalf and Twilight entertaining half the village children and foals with fireworks and the other had Bilbo and Granny Smith take the other half telling them the story of their adventure with the thirteen Dwarves for the Lonely Mountain but yet these fun things were going be more interesting because the four village pranksters were joining in.

These four were the cousins of Frodo, Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck with his Pegasus pony Rainbow Dash and Peregrin " Pippin" Took with his Earth pony the cousin of Applejack Pinkie Pie. They waited for Gandalf and Twilight to grab their full of fire works then began with Merry and Rainbow looking out and Pippin and Pinkie looked for the perfect firework, Pippin picked one good one to show but Merry said, " No, no the big one. The Big one."

So he drops it and together with Pinkie pulled out a big red dragon one then they jumped off the wagon to hide in the tent.

While inside Merry held the firework thinking of how they were going to sink it through the party and also where to fire it when Pippin lights the fuse and shouts, " Done."

Merry looked down then worried pushes it to him saying, " Your suppose to stick it in the ground."

Who pushed it back arguing, " It is in the ground."

Then Rainbow Dash added, " Yeah Pip but outside."

But only to be argued by Pinkie Pie who said, " Yeah but Dashie, it was your idea." when suddenly the still lit firework went flying with a big poof taking the tent with it, luckily the two Hobbits and ponies that were inside stayed on the ground.

It descended up then exploded with a big pop of red and brown sparks but that wasn't enough it turned into a live dragon of fire, sprouted wings and turned back down to the party, scaring everyone and everypony there including Frodo who ran to Bilbo and said, " Bilbo watch out for the Dragon."

But he didn't believe his sudden jumpy nephew so he say back, " Dragon? Nonsense there hasn't been a dragon in these parts for a thousand years." but has pulled down for cover as the dragon flow by them heading straight on pass the party, they all looked to see if it would come back but instead lost its wings and dead in a even bigger explosion of more fireworks.

They all jumped and cheered in amazement even Merry, Pippin, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pie who were whipping the soot off of them did it too, " Well that was good." said Merry.

Pippin agreed and said, " Lets get another one."

But before they could they were held by the ears by Gandalf who looked down on them and said, " Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took. I might of know."

Followed by Twilight who stopped the trying to escape ponies with a freeze spell and said, " And with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie too."

All Pinkie could do was laugh and says, " Oh hi Twilight." but they all know they were in trouble.

Chapter Four: The speech and the end of a Hobbit and pony's tale

The four were then given the punishment of washing all the dishes and didn't like it one bit when a loud cry came from the audience asking Bilbo for a speech, he didn't want to do but was overwhelmed so he stands upon a chair and begins to say, " My dear Baggines and Boffins"

Followed by Granny Smith who added, " Apples and Oranges." with more names to come.

" (Hobbit) Tooks and Brandybucks. (Pony) Dashes and Pies. ( Hobbit) Grubbs and Potts. ( Pony) Cakes and Punches. (Hobbits) Hornblowers and Bolgers. ( Pony) Riches and Spoons. ( Hobbits) Bracegirdle and Proudfoots."

" Proudfeet." corrected one of the Proudfeets.
Allowing the Hobbit and Pony of Honor to continue as all the others were laughing with two more final names, " (Pony) Turnips and Flowers. Today is mine and Bilbo's 111th Birthday. But alas eleven and one years is quit a short time to live among such excellent and humble groups of Hobbits and Ponies."

Then Bilbo comes in and said, " Though I myself don't know half of you half as well I should like I least then half of the other half as well as you deserve." which left the audience confused and quiet, but what they all but Twilight and Gandalf didn't notice was that Bilbo went for his pocket and pulled something out that he placed behind his back. He then looks at Granny Smith who return a quick wink knowing full well what was to happen then taps Bilbo's leg to tell them the news, " I regret to announce this is the end, we're going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell." then looks down to Frodo and Applejack as if it would be the last time before finally saying, " Goodbye!" then slipping on the hidden ring onto his finger making himself and Granny Smith vanish into thin air, scaring everyone who watched.

The now invisible Hobbit and Pony then snuck back into Bag End while all the others were running around looking for them, Bilbo shuts the door and takes off the ring which made them both turn visible again laughing at the grand joke. Granny smith looked out the window to watch down the hill as Bilbo was going about packing when a voice came in to surprise them saying, " And I suppose you thought that was terribly clever?"

They looked to find that both Gandalf and Twilight somehow got in with very serious looks on their faces. Granny then gets down from the window to say, " Oh come now Gandalf did you see their faces."

But Twilight cut in and said, " Granny Smith this is serious. There are many magic rings in this world and no of them should be used likely."

So in yet another defense Bilbo added, " But it was just a bit of fun." only to find it wasn't helping so he lowers his head and says, " Oh your probably right as usual." and continues packing.

They then discuss on how Frodo and Applejack are to be left with Bag End and everything in it when Gandalf asked, " And what about this ring of yours is that staying too?"

To which Bilbo said, " Yes, yes. It's in an envelop over there on the mantle." but then realized he lied and says, " On, no waits it's here in my pocket." pulling it out. He looks at it and laughs saying how odd it was that it was there but the asks on why he shouldn't keep.

When Gandalf said, " I think you should leave the ring behind Bilbo. Is that so hard?"

To which he replied, " Well no and yes." then grew angry and says, " Now it comes to this, but I don't feel like parting. It's mine, I found it. It came to me!" shouting the last part.

Now Granny was starting to worry so she walks up to him and says, " There's no need to get angry."

Only to be shouted at by her own companion, " Well if I'm angry it's their fault." who went back to rubbing the ring and says, " It's mine. Mine own. MY PRECIOUS!" first normal then in a scary high pitch voice.

Twilight and Gandalf looked at each then she says, " Precious? Bilbo it's been called that before but not by you."

When Bilbo turned growling at them and says," And what business is it of yours for what I do with my own things." Gandalf tries to calm down his dear friend but it wasn't working because Bilbo then puts up his fist in defense and says, " You want it for yourself!"

When Gandalf finally had enough he shouts, " Bilbo Baggins!" then begins to lower his voice and darkens the room making everyone more scared but Twilight who puts a hoof on her face thinking, ' Oh sweet Celestia, there he goes again.' as he continues, " Do not take me for some conjuror of cheap tricks. I'm not trying to rob you." then goes back to normal to finish saying, " I'm trying to help you.

Bilbo comes back to his senses and realizes that he not only yelled at his two best friends but his dear companion too so he runs to them and hugs them for forgiveness to which they returned. Gandalf then kneels down and says, " Now all your long years we've been friends. Trust me now as you once did, let it go."

The Hobbit knew it had to be done and so says, " You're right Gandalf. The ring must go to Frodo." then heads to the door grabbing his back pack and walking stick saying, " Come on Bake, it's late and the road is long. Yes it's time!"

But before he could step out of his house Twilight stopped him and said, " Bilbo you know the ring it still in your pocket?" to which he chuckles a bit then slowly slides it off his hand to walk out of the floor.

Now free both Bilbo and Granny Smith walked out the door to look one last time upon their home and village when Bilbo says, " You know, I thought of an ending for my book, ' And they lived happily ever after, to the end their days."

To which Gandalf replied, " And I'm sure you will my friend."

Bilbo then puts his hand out for a shake and says " Goodbye Gandalf and goodbye Twilight."

To which Gandalf returns the shake followed by Twilight who gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, " And goodbye to you dear Bilbo."

Allowing both him and Granny Smith to then turn around, go down the steps, out the gate and off on the road not knowing that Gandalf said as he watched, " Until our next meeting."

Author's Note:

The road continued for Bilbo Baggins but has ended for this chapter and again I hope you've enjoyed it.
Now I promised that should anyone guess the ponies of Merry, Sam and Pippin correctly I would put their names on this A/N but no one got it right, one did manage to get close on multiple tries so for his efforts I'll name him

Congratulations Sornos