• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 1,599 Views, 41 Comments

Lord of the Rings: Ponies of the Fellowship - Massager 32



We'll travel to Middle Earth for the adventure of the Ring of power again but this time the ponies of Equestria are joining us

  • ...
3
 41
 1,599

Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty six:

Mithril, Gollum and Spike

The Fellowship travelled through the dark tunnels, bridges, stairs and halls of Moria with Gandalf and Twilight leading the way not knowing that deep in the thoughts of the six who saw Starlight (Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and even Twilight herself) were questions upon questions then they came a cross a chamber loaded of chains, ladders and empty buckets, Flash asked, " Ah Gandalf, Twilight? What are all these chains for?"

To which Twilight answered, "Well judging by the amount of walking space we have and all these ladders and buckets I would say we are in one of Moria's Mining Chambers." Followed by Gandalf who said, " Yes indeed!"

Merry asked, " Well what exactly were the Dwarves here digging for because I'm looking around your lights and I don't see any signs of gold or jewels."

To which Gandalf replayed, " Of course you're not to Master Brandybuck that is because the wealth of Moria was not of gold or jewels but of a shining metal called Mithril." before shining his staff deep into the hole beside them which reflected from wall to wall showing lines of white metal going as deep as the eyes could see.

Twilight then said, " You know the last time we saw some Mithril was a set of rings Bilbo had."

To which Gandalf relied laughing, " Ah yes the ones that Thorin and Scorpan gave."

Followed by Gimli who said in amazement, " Oh that was a Kingly gift indeed."

And again by Gandalf, " Oh yes, I never told him this though but it's wealth was worth more the entire land of the Shire." They then claimed a set of large steep stairs that when they got to the top they found their path spilt in three, one going straight, one with stairs going down and the other with more stairs going up, Gandalf then looked at the paths but was very confused and said in most dismiss, " I have no memory of this place!"

He asked Twilight to use her magic and find a better path but found that the atmosphere was unfamiliar to her too so they decide to camp out as he chooses the path. Sam, Merry and Pippin along with their ponies sat on the platform right by the stair while Frodo sat on a high stone and the Men plus Dwarf, Elf and ponies sat far side the platform, Rainbow Dash was complaining about how boring it was and wanted to fly for a bit but Pippin said, " I don't think that's a good Idea Rainbow what if you fly and hit something then the older and fouler things Gandalf said would be about."

And that's when Legalos said to them, " Speaking of things I'm not certain but I think something's following us quietly in the dark." but Rainbow didn't believed him and flew a few inches when she looked down to the stairs and saw what quickly changed her mind, two glowing eyed creatures one a humanish figure crawling on all four growling in quiet tones and a purple and green dragon, she then flew to Twilight who looked like she was fluttering with Flash and said, " Twilight, Twilight! I saw something down their actually two somethings." not paying attention to the fact Frodo saw the same things and ran to Gandalf.
( Twilight and Dash)

Twilight then send Flash away so to talk to Rainbow and asked , " Did you see what they looked like?"

To which Rainbow said,"Yeah a Dragon and a Humanish creature both with glowing eyes."

Twilight said, " Ah that would be Gollum and Spike." and ended with Rainbow asking, " Who and Who?"
( Frodo and Gandalf)

Meanwhile Frodo told Gandalf then said in worry after hearing those same names, " Gollum... A..nd Spike?"

To which the wizard said, " Yes they've been following us for three days."

The Hobbit asked, " You mean they've escaped the dungeons of Barad-Dul?"

To which Gandalf said, "Escaped, or set loss now the ring has brought them here." knowing that four pair sets of eyes were staring at them as if they were listening.
(Twilight and Dash)

Twilight then took a breath and explained, " Gollum and Spike, the ones who had the Ring before Bilbo took it of course they weren't always like that."

That's when Rainbow asked, " What do you mean?"

To Which the Unicorn said to her Pegasus friend, " A long time ago Gollum was a Hobbit of the river named Smeagol, a gentle soul with the unusual case of having a creature other then a pony as a Companion in his case a equally gentle baby dragon name Spike. That is till one day on his birthday Smeagol and Spike went fishing with his cousin Deagol and his pony Cast Weaver (another OC) and found that ring. Once they lead eyes on it changed them driving poor Smeagol mad and Spike to greed speeding his growth. And now they hate and love that ring as they heat and love themselves so they'll never be rid of their need for it."
( Gandalf and Frodo)

Then Frodo said in anger, " It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill them when he had the chance."

Which made Gandalf quickly say in defense, " Pity! it was pity that stained Bilbo's hand for many who have lived deserved death and some that died deserved life now ask yourself can you give it to them Frodo?" which left the young hobbit to question himself too as the Wizard continued, " Do not be to quick to deal on death and judgment for even the very wise can't see all ends and even now my heart tells me that Gollum and Spike have some part yet for good nor evil before this is over but the pity on Bilbo may had effected many."
( Twilight and Rainbow)

Rainbow then looked to Frodo and said, " Gee this must be even harder on poor Frodo I'll bent he is wishing that ring never found him and that non of this never happened." when Twilight put her hoof around her friend and said, "But he can't help it for just like him and us many have lived to see such times and thought the same but that is not for them to decide, all we have to decide is what to do by the time it is given to us Bilbo was meant to find the Ring in which Frodo also was meant to have."

And that's when Gandalf said aloud in delight, " Oh it's that way."

Which made everyone and everypony look at him for he has found the right path. Merry then asked, " You mean you remember now?"

To which Gandalf answered, " No Master Brandybuck but the air doesn't smell foul down here." Pointing at the down stairs path then lead them down into a huge hall. When they got the bottom Gandalf increased the staff's light so that all the Fellowship could see and said, " Now be hold the Great Realm of the Dwarven city Khazad-Dum."